http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 06:23:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: True Blood  (Read 2830 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2012, 12:27:10 AM »

Ball is out!!

Woohoo!!

Now the show has a chance to be good again!!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 12:38:37 AM »

I wouldn't be too thrilled.... could be like Heroes and get a bunch of hack writers and next thing you know the show is cancelled and poof, no more naked hot guys (and girls)!
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 12:49:59 AM »

Let's not forget that Ball is the one that actually made it something everyone couldn't wait to see at one time.  He's had some missteps, but I still think he's a damn good writer.  I'm with rritchard.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 12:58:27 AM »

He's clearly lost it with this show.

It's possible it could get worse now, but it was certain to if he stayed.

Like I said in the other thread, he's Joel Schumacher Part II.

Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 01:13:07 AM »

I think True Blood has run its course anyways. It was a fun take on the Vampire genre, but I grew tired of it after season 3. It'll probably drag on for a couple more seasons.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2012, 01:38:39 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 28, 2012, 12:49:59 AM

Let's not forget that Ball is the one that actually made it something everyone couldn't wait to see at one time.  He's had some missteps, but I still think he's a damn good writer.  I'm with rritchard.

You want more naked hot guys?  paranoid

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2012, 04:41:55 AM »

You think they're hot?

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »

If they brought Terra Nova's young stud over to True Blood as a speedo wearing vampire who seduces Layefette during an oil wrestling match, hepcat would be in paradise!

Granted I'm only one about episode 3 of season 4 now (way to go Tara with her new love interest! hope this one sticks - like her last half dozen relationships) but I'm still enjoying it.

Still prefer Vampire Diaries over True Blood, but I'll keep watching True Blood as long as they keep making it.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2012, 07:34:25 AM »

about the only reasons I'm looking forward to season 5 are:

Spoiler for end of season 4 spoilers:
1 - Russell Edgington returning
2 - hopefully seeing Tara get killed off.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 08:12:38 PM »

The thing I'd like to see is more of a focus on a single main storyline that ALL of the main cast is involved in, or at least tie in the subplots so that everyone has something to do in the end.  Some of the subplots were just unbearable even with all hot male nudity (Sam's family and the whole werepanther craziness come to mind), but worst of all, had no impact on the main storyline.  That's something that Vampire Diaries and Buffy/Angel do so much better, making sure subplots and side character storylines tie to the overall plot.  The core cast of True Blood is incredibly attractive and dynamic, it's hard to believe they can't create a storyline that involves ALL of them.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 08:23:11 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 28, 2012, 07:34:25 AM

hasn't this already happened?   icon_confused

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 08:28:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 28, 2012, 08:23:11 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on February 28, 2012, 07:34:25 AM

hasn't this already happened?   icon_confused

they left it hanging, which probably means no.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 08:54:03 PM »

I'm kind of curious what's going to happen with Jason's little blast from the past that showed up on his doorstep.

BTW, the actor was on New Girl recently, playing what was basically dumb white trash. I've still never seen him in a role where he plays an Australian (which is what he actually is).

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 08:57:32 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on February 28, 2012, 08:54:03 PM

I'm kind of curious what's going to happen with Jason's little blast from the past that showed up on his doorstep.

BTW, the actor was on New Girl recently, playing what was basically dumb white trash. I've still never seen him in a role where he plays an Australian (which is what he actually is).

Enjoy.   It's actually a very good film and he's a pretty damn good actor.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 29, 2012, 12:09:44 PM »

Sounds good to me...Ball took an established story line with very few distractions and subplots and then ignored it for most of the last two seasons while totally changing (destroying) major character and story arcs from the books.  Too much has changed to fix a lot of it but at least they have the chance to start going in to the right direction again.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »

season 5 promos:

Echoes Of The Past - "Sookie's House": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=m3raysIkTOs
Echoes Of The Past - "Fangtasia": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KP7GF9rU_Cs
Echoes Of The Past - "Bill's House": http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=a4l6sAsLcSU

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2012, 08:22:31 PM »

new season 5 trailer: http://www.hbo.com/video/video.html/?autoplay=true&vid=1259431&filter=true-blood&view=null

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 12:29:04 AM »

alright, only a half hour to go.  c'mon Tara, be a good girl and die.

Because I can,
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 12:32:06 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 11, 2012, 12:29:04 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
You got your wish!  icon_twisted
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 09:54:57 PM »

Quote from: sgoldj on June 11, 2012, 12:32:06 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on June 11, 2012, 12:29:04 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
You got your wish!  icon_twisted

Spoiler for Hiden:
Now we get to see if her acting skills are up to level of playing a retarded vampire. Somehow I think she will still manage to screw that up.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 12:27:02 AM »

Premiere showed lots of promise, hopefully can make up for last season's wrong turn.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 12:41:37 AM »

The first fifteen minutes of the new episode were better than any single episode from last season. I hope the rest of this season holds up.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 12:59:36 AM »

Disappointed again.

Might take the season off until my buddy is no longer running the show.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2012, 01:53:23 AM »

Anyone still watching?

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2012, 02:52:41 AM »

Let's not forget that Ball is the one that actually made it something everyone couldn't wait to see at one time.  He's had some missteps, but I still think he's a damn good writer.  I'm with rritchard.

This was true, especially during seasons 1 and 2, when he followed at least the general story line of the books.  We're still watching this season but honestly it's kinda meh...the vamps are nothing like the books, the werewolves are pussies, the fairies just need the leave and the shapeshifters are stupid. 

Fix the season...first end the stupid vamp council bs.  End the endless subplots from the b list book characters.  Kill Tara.  Get Eric back with Sookie.  Maybe pull a Dallas and have Sookie wake up and have it be the night after the end of season 2 smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2012, 11:52:53 PM »

I still think in general this season is far superior to last year's witch-fest, but I really have to continue to question the stylistic choices the producers make in terms of featuring so many side/b storylines.  I mean seriously, is anyone really interested in Noel (sorry I don't know his name) and Crazy Army guy fighting a djinn?  It just feels like a plotline they pulled out of their asses and wedged into the "real" show.  The shifter slaying sideplot is a bit more interesting since they actually had it involve multiple characters, but it still feels like a side plot. 

I've said it before but it bears repeating - when you have a cast this strong with a core threesome (not to mention strong, sexy supporting stars) this attractive and exciting, with an awesome unpredictable villain like Russell Edgington, why do you need all the side BS?  With so many hot people, the story could practically write itself, and I guarantee there would be no need for some dumbass smoke monster.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2012, 06:10:03 AM »

Praise Lilith, tonight's episode was nothing short of awesomeness!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2012, 12:06:08 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on July 28, 2012, 11:52:53 PM

I still think in general this season is far superior to last year's witch-fest, but I really have to continue to question the stylistic choices the producers make in terms of featuring so many side/b storylines.  I mean seriously, is anyone really interested in Noel (sorry I don't know his name) and Crazy Army guy fighting a djinn?  It just feels like a plotline they pulled out of their asses and wedged into the "real" show.  The shifter slaying sideplot is a bit more interesting since they actually had it involve multiple characters, but it still feels like a side plot. 

yeah, most of the side plots this season have been very meh.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 04:05:21 AM »

Quote from: ericb on July 28, 2012, 02:52:41 AM

This was true, especially during seasons 1 and 2, when he followed at least the general story line of the books.  We're still watching this season but honestly it's kinda meh...the vamps are nothing like the books, the werewolves are pussies, the fairies just need the leave and the shapeshifters are stupid. 

Fix the season...first end the stupid vamp council bs.  End the endless subplots from the b list book characters.  Kill Tara.  Get Eric back with Sookie.  Maybe pull a Dallas and have Sookie wake up and have it be the night after the end of season 2 smile

Kill Tara?! She's the hottest vampire on the show!

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 04:14:50 AM »

Season 6 details revealed, who is Warlow? (Hint, he's not a midget fighting to save the land from an evil witch)

Now that the True Blood season 5 finale has set things in motion for an extremely exciting sixth season, itís time to find out what exactly we can expect as our stay in Bon Temps is extended one more year.

True Bloodís bloody finale left fans wanting answers to even more questions, chomping at the bit to find out the more about the mysterious Warlow. With almost a yearís wait until True Blood season 6, series creator Alan Ball exits the series by revealing some things that fans can expect to see next season.

http://screenrant.com/true-blood-season-6-spoilers-warlow/

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 04:18:44 AM »

True Blood cook book?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/cajun-chefs-true-blood-cookbook-compiles-crimson-delicacies-inspired-by-hit-vampire-drama/2012/08/24/957259ac-edf3-11e1-b624-99dee49d8d67_story.html

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 04:23:49 AM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 04:24:02 AM »

bonus scene from HBO Go.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 04:26:11 AM »

Has anyone ordered the true blood drink? If I had money to throw around like hepcat does I'd probably pick up a case..

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 04:29:33 AM »

Since Sookie always seems to end up in the arms of a vampire, how hot would it be if she ended up with Tara in season 6? (Then all the Tara hate can stop!  icon_biggrin)

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 05:09:31 AM »

That first episode of this season was great. Then it went down hill, fell off the hill, crashed into a SyFy writing convention, hit a bus full of useless side stories, narrowly avoided Forks WA, and slid into the ass end of a Saw It On TV store where it was devoured by suckzilla.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 12:21:33 PM »

The show has always been bad, but at least the first few seasons were bad in a fun way. This last season was just terrible. Too many side plots, terrible writing, ridiculous action (seriously, that slow flying stake throwing scene from last night was like something from a low budget 70s movie), character decisions that are seemingly arbitrary, etc., etc. The vampire authority that everyone feared and talked about in hush tones in the previous seasons just turned out to be a bunch of squabbling douchebags sitting around a table in some ridiculous underground bunker. It doesn't help that I always watch True Blood after seeing the week's Breaking Bad - the difference in quality is striking.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2012, 02:59:18 PM »

I liked the opening of the season and the first two or three episodes, then it veered into a maudlin soap opera on a few fronts.  I will admit the season finale was pretty damn good...but I'm also rather mad that they ended it on such a huge cliffhanger on so many fronts.  It just felt incomplete.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2012, 03:51:57 PM »

I thought the finale was terrible, which was fitting for the season it was ending. I used to really like Bill but I was rooting for his true death at the end of the episode.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2012, 04:07:28 PM »

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: