http://gamingtrend.com
November 27, 2014, 09:37:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: True Blood Season 3 (spoilers)  (Read 5304 times)
Devil
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2010, 07:40:30 PM »

Quote from: ericb on July 13, 2010, 02:23:22 AM

The biggest problem right now (Sookie's powers, the subplots, etc) is the show is skipping a lot of detail from the books

....as long as they keep Lafayette.

Isn't that having it both ways?

I think things are finally picking up. Other than Sam's family...IN!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2010, 10:06:16 PM »

Quote from: Devil on July 13, 2010, 12:52:05 AM

Twilight?!?

No thanks.

I was trying to be sarcastic but I reread my post and it didn't come across.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2010, 12:33:36 AM »

Now I get it!  slywink

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 19, 2010, 06:27:19 PM »

I kind of liked the pacing in last night's ep better than the previous one.  It was nice to see both Bill and Tara show a bit of their old personalities and standing up for themselves a bit more.  I'm a bit more curious about Sam's family story as well as Jason's new girl (rumors of werepanthers anyone?), and it was nice to see Lafayette have an actual love interest for once (though something tells me it won't end well).  Most importantly of course was Rogue using her telepathic powers more effectively, and of course the return of her shiny light power, hooray!  Obviously they are going to reverse it again next week (thanks, previews!) but I'm hoping they start developing her more soon.

The Eric vengeance subplot seemed a bit too convenient/contrived for my taste, but it certainly sets things up further for a lot of big fights and betrayals and backstabbing for the rest of the season.

Oh yeah, and that new werewolf guy, DAMN he is built like a friggin Greek god.  Jacob looks like a little peanut next to him.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2010, 02:42:59 AM »

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2010, 05:40:11 PM »

Quote from: Devil on July 27, 2010, 02:42:59 AM

BEST. EPISODE. EVER.

Man that was a crazy ep, some of it was so gross I could barely stand to watch (particularly the torture sequence which was really well played by the actors) - but all in a good way.  Loved what they did with Tara, finally standing up for herself again thank goodness.  The Eric/Bill/King/Queen stuff was pretty awesome.  I was yelling and laughing and just sucked in the whole hour.

Still I have some nits to pick:

I am slightly bugged with the whole power/depower on Rogue.  It's starting to get a bit tiresome that her powers (or lack thereof) look like a complete plot device that come and go whenever it's convenient.  I realize they want to take their time and not reveal or overpower her too quickly, but this is already middle of the third season and I think it's fine time to allow her to evolve to realistically be on the same footing with thousands of year old vampires.  It was actually kind of funny when she's describing her powers to the King, it sounds just as ludicrous and random as it appeared on the show. 

The remaining subplots (Sam/dogfightclub, Southern gay love story, Policeboy and wackogirl) are all decently done but they are feeling more and more like non-related subplots.  They either need to tie in or I'd really have to question whether the show is aiming to be some sort of ensemble where all the characters have their own storylines.  I just don't know if that works, I mean seriously does a touching gay romance really fit into a show where the next scene is a vampire seeking vengeance for the death of his family that he's been holding a grudge for a thousand years?  The dramatic narratives are so disparate it's like watching completely different shows.  Somehow they are pulling it off in editing, but in retrospect it just seems off.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »

Lafayette still steals every scene he's in. 

But overall, a great episode.  I'm lovin' the mysteries they're throwing our way.  What's up with Sam's family?  What's the story behind Jason's new girlfriend?  Is tara's creepy boyfriend really dead?  What's Bill's ex gonna do?  What's Eric's overall plan for revenge?  Will the King who's really a queen make his man happy?

Way to keep us on our toes, Ball.    icon_biggrin

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2010, 11:19:46 PM »

Quote from: Devil on July 13, 2010, 07:40:30 PM

Quote from: ericb on July 13, 2010, 02:23:22 AM

The biggest problem right now (Sookie's powers, the subplots, etc) is the show is skipping a lot of detail from the books

....as long as they keep Lafayette.

Isn't that having it both ways?

I think things are finally picking up. Other than Sam's family...IN!

It's not having it both ways because I agree with the changes...I was just pointing out that it seems out of "sync" because they are skipping a lot of details.  Really liked the latest episode and still not liking Tara at all...time for her to go away except for cameos (axe on the wall, knows a vampire can heal almost anything, still uses a mace...dumbass).  At least the pacing is picking up and something interesting is finally happening at a decent clip.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 10, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »

woohoo!  Sookie Nookie returns!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: August 10, 2010, 02:41:21 AM »

Overall I thought it was a pretty horrible episode. It seemed like every 5 minute someone was crying. First Sookie, then Bill, then Sookie, then Jason's girl, then waitress, then bills vampire girl,...sheesh. Throw in a little Twilight romance (come on writers, can you please not steal stuff from Twilight, is that asking too much??). Then two consecutive rounds of guy-on-guy.  The last 10-15 minutes brought it up from the worst of the worst, but still I thought it was by far the worst episode of the year, maybe of the series.  thumbsdown
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: August 10, 2010, 04:56:02 AM »

I thought it was a great episode, though I did cringe during the gay segments. Lots of payoff for several plot threads that have been going on throughout the season, but no final resolution yet. smile
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2010, 11:13:38 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 10, 2010, 04:56:02 AM

I thought it was a great episode, though I did cringe during the gay segments. Lots of payoff for several plot threads that have been going on throughout the season, but no final resolution yet. smile

I always find it amusing how straight guys get off on girl/girl but get weirded out by boy/boy.  It's just sex and all in good fun, no one's asking you to do it icon_biggrin

I thought the episode was decent, but I'm not sure how much more I can tolerate the teasing on Sookie's powers or "what she is".  The commercial again teases it, but if Bill just whispers it to someone else I swear I'll throw my remote through my TV.  Just kidding!
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2010, 01:01:34 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 11, 2010, 11:13:38 PM

I always find it amusing how straight guys get off on girl/girl but get weirded out by boy/boy.  It's just sex and all in good fun, no one's asking you to do it icon_biggrin

I thought the episode was decent, but I'm not sure how much more I can tolerate the teasing on Sookie's powers or "what she is".  The commercial again teases it, but if Bill just whispers it to someone else I swear I'll throw my remote through my TV.  Just kidding!

Where she went in "dream world" when she was in the coma in the hospital should give you a pretty big clue to what she really is.  Claudine will (probably) also play an increasingly large role...next season maybe?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 12, 2010, 01:05:41 AM »

Quote from: ericb on August 12, 2010, 01:01:34 AM

Where she went in "dream world" when she was in the coma in the hospital should give you a pretty big clue to what she really is.  Claudine will (probably) also play an increasingly large role...next season maybe?

@ rittchard: but for us straight guys 4 boobs are infinitely hotter than 2 cocks  Tongue

@ ericb:  I'm thinking Claudine may be
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sookie's mother or maybe grandmother.  IIRC she hesitated before she gave a name out.

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 12, 2010, 01:31:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 12, 2010, 01:05:41 AM

@ rittchard: but for us straight guys 4 boobs are infinitely hotter than 2 cocks  Tongue

This. Plus I can handle one gay scene and just power through it. But stacking two of them right on top of each after is too much.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 12, 2010, 09:41:38 PM »

In a way I'm a little disappointed I've read the books because I know so many of the "secrets" going on.  I know who Jason's girlfriend is, what happens to Alcide, who Claudine is, what Sookie is, etc, etc.  The show is different in a lot of ways (Lafayette, Jason becoming a cop, everything about Tara, Bill still playing such a major role) but the really big stuff isn't going to change.  Love the show still and I'm glad something is at least happening...they have entirely too many filler episodes and transitional episodes.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 12, 2010, 09:55:43 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 12, 2010, 01:31:20 PM

This. Plus I can handle one gay scene and just power through it. But stacking two of them right on top of each after is too much.

LOL - is it wrong that I got turned on by the phrase/idea of you "just powering through" the gay scene?   I'm actually not sure what that means exactly but it sounds hot.

- - -

So ericb, they are keeping in line with the books to reveal what she really is?  That's cool.  Damn I am so tempted to just check it out or have you tell me.  I think I'll wait for one more episode and if not, I'll just have to find out.
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 13, 2010, 12:19:15 AM »

Back to back gay sex scenes are just another reason I never watch TV shows unless they are DVR'd.  That is a must fast forward situation.

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 13, 2010, 01:42:08 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on August 12, 2010, 09:55:43 PM

Quote from: Scraper on August 12, 2010, 01:31:20 PM

LOL - is it wrong that I got turned on by the phrase/idea of you "just powering through" the gay scene?   I'm actually not sure what that means exactly but it sounds hot.

- - -

So ericb, they are keeping in line with the books to reveal what she really is?  That's cool.  Damn I am so tempted to just check it out or have you tell me.  I think I'll wait for one more episode and if not, I'll just have to find out.

Lol, when I first wrote that I actually had some more double entrendes in there, but I decided to take them out. Should have left them in.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 16, 2010, 02:19:34 AM »

Awesome episode...much better than last week.  The end was great and unexpected.   thumbsup thumbsup
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: August 16, 2010, 02:55:19 AM »

Quote from: ericb on August 16, 2010, 02:19:34 AM

The end was great and unexpected.   thumbsup thumbsup

Yeah, this episode was great.  Awesome ending, best use of a glass jar ever, and Jason actually did something smart.  Can't wait for the next one.

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 16, 2010, 03:21:24 AM »

Great episode tonight!

The best part was when he turned the jar so it could 'see' down below.

Actually had a theory on this whole thing early in this season and seems to be coming true.

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 16, 2010, 04:07:40 PM »

It's not so much the man-on-man that's so bothersome for me as it is the "agenda"

I feel like i'm being recruited  icon_mad

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2010, 04:08:34 PM »

Quote from: Zekester on August 16, 2010, 04:07:40 PM

It's not so much the man-on-man that's so bothersome for me as it is the "agenda"

I feel like i'm being recruited  icon_mad

welcome back Recruit Zeke!

Tongue

Because I can,
Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: August 16, 2010, 04:20:56 PM »

icon_wink

thanks, man

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star
XBL Schins67
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2010, 01:20:05 AM »

FFFFFRRRRAAAAAACCCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I know what you are Sookie!

cut to everything else not related to Sookie for the rest of the episode.

Because I can,
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2010, 03:17:09 AM »

Spoiler of what I think is going on:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Came up with this one a few weeks ago and so far it's holding up for the most part...

Sophie (with the help of Hadley) knows exactly what Sookie is. It doesn't matter exactly what she is but the power that she can give to the vampires. Sookie's blood can allow vampires to walk around int the daytime. Sophie new this from Hadley and sent Bill to get her from the start, hence the files he had. All the while, Eric knew little about it and she kept him busy with V, etc..
This is why Bill, after feeding on Sookie like he did a few weeks ago in the back of the van, was fine when he got kicked out of the van after the incident and you could see that he wasn't all that surprised.

Now, that's where Edgington comes in. He knew Sophie was up to something, forced their marriage, and now with the help of Sookie's/Hadley's blood, he can "rule the world".

Not too sure where Bill stands now, but I think the showdown will be between Eric and Edgington as Eric tries to protect Sookie and kill Edgington.

Would be cool if, in the same episode, it boils down to Eric killing Edgington and Sookie takes out Bill to end the season.

Don't think they'd kill off Bill at this point, but it would definitely make things interesting...

Feel free to poke holes!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2010, 05:18:34 AM »

Quote from: Devil on August 17, 2010, 03:17:09 AM

Spoiler of what I think is going on:
Spoiler for Hiden:
Came up with this one a few weeks ago and so far it's holding up for the most part...

Sophie (with the help of Hadley) knows exactly what Sookie is. It doesn't matter exactly what she is but the power that she can give to the vampires. Sookie's blood can allow vampires to walk around int the daytime. Sophie new this from Hadley and sent Bill to get her from the start, hence the files he had. All the while, Eric knew little about it and she kept him busy with V, etc..
This is why Bill, after feeding on Sookie like he did a few weeks ago in the back of the van, was fine when he got kicked out of the van after the incident and you could see that he wasn't all that surprised.

Now, that's where Edgington comes in. He knew Sophie was up to something, forced their marriage, and now with the help of Sookie's/Hadley's blood, he can "rule the world".

Not too sure where Bill stands now, but I think the showdown will be between Eric and Edgington as Eric tries to protect Sookie and kill Edgington.

Would be cool if, in the same episode, it boils down to Eric killing Edgington and Sookie takes out Bill to end the season.

Don't think they'd kill off Bill at this point, but it would definitely make things interesting...

Feel free to poke holes!

Spoiler for Hiden:
it's hard to say.  looking at the synopsis for the third book which this season is kinda based on it appears like they've gone totally off the beaten path.

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2010, 11:11:44 AM »

Russell Edgington is a great villain! smile
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2010, 01:18:37 PM »

CeeKay -

I never read the books, but now I think I'm going to start!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2010, 02:11:44 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on August 17, 2010, 11:11:44 AM

Russell Edgington is a great villain! smile

yeah, that was a great scene, but that ass interrupted what could have been a great payback scene for pervious sex scenes  icon_twisted

Spoiler for Hiden:
of course I'd like to see the Authority disavow knowledge of Russell's actions now  icon_lol

Because I can,
WarPig
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2010, 02:29:09 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 17, 2010, 02:11:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
of course I'd like to see the Authority disavow knowledge of Russell's actions now  icon_lol
Spoiler for Hiden:
My 2 cents: Now the Authority has no choice but to back Eric and he'll get some vampire firepower (vampirepower?) to back him up.

Unbreakable: "Stupid is the new ugly"
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2010, 02:53:20 PM »

Quote from: WarPig on August 17, 2010, 02:29:09 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
My 2 cents: Now the Authority has no choice but to back Eric and he'll get some vampire firepower (vampirepower?) to back him up.

I'm thinking the authority has no one old enough to actually take Russell on. That's why they left it up to Eric, they know they can't take Russell so they send Eric after him and if Eric dies in the process, then it's a win-win. Now they have to do something about Russell, so we'll see just how much power the authority actually has.

Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2010, 04:06:11 PM »

But the authority does have those guards who look like they are straight out of a bad sci-fi movie.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »

maybe he can call in Jason.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2010, 06:02:21 PM »

for pervious sex scenes  icon_twisted

was that a Freudian slip?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:25 AM »

wow.... (NSFW)

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 19, 2010, 12:56:30 PM »

There's no way I could be an actor. I would have some major chub going on if I were that close to a naked Anna Pacquin. I would have to tape it down or something.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 19, 2010, 02:28:58 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on August 19, 2010, 12:56:30 PM

There's no way I could be an actor. I would have some major chub going on if I were that close to a naked Anna Pacquin. I would have to tape it down or something.

Considering they are dating (and are "semi-engaged") and have been since season one I doubt she minds smile  Too bad they didn't include Jessica on that cover somewhere.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2010, 02:42:27 PM »

Quote from: ericb on August 19, 2010, 02:28:58 PM

Too bad they didn't include Jessica on that cover somewhere.

This.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: