http://gamingtrend.com
October 21, 2014, 10:34:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: True Blood Season 3 (spoilers)  (Read 5265 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2010, 05:16:17 PM »

finally got to sit down and watch the premiere.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Bill & Sam had me going OMG WTF? saywhat and I wasn't sure it was really a dream until they showed Bill was still looking for a shirt.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2010, 08:53:24 PM »

Snoop Dogg + True Blood = Awesomeness.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2010, 03:05:04 AM »

Kinda grinding along... icon_frown

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2010, 03:22:51 AM »

Yeah tonight's episode was very filler-ish. My wife and I were pretty disappointed, as it was one of the few times we set aside time to watch it live instead of DVRing it.
El-Producto

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2010, 05:23:00 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wish Eggs had taken out Tara with him.. I hate her character so much, doesn't help that the actress portraying her is really bad

"Goonies never say die"
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2010, 05:46:44 PM »

Yeah this ep was a bit of a letdown after last week, it felt like they were introducing a dozen new characters and subplots at once, getting kind of lost.  And the Bill dinner sequence just wouldn't seem to END!  Hopefully things will start to tie together soon. 

Still I enjoyed the (brief) Godric flashback (I still say I'd love an Eric and Godric prequel series, really seems like they've had the most interesting vampire lives) and shape-shifting/stripping scenes.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2010, 09:40:11 PM »

Have a fourth season:

On Monday (June 21), HBO announced that "True Blood" has been renewed for a 12-episode fourth season, set to begin production early next year and premiere in the summer of 2011.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

Quote from: McBa1n
http://www.vuvuzela.fm BVVVVVVVVVVVRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2010, 11:50:03 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on June 21, 2010, 09:40:11 PM

Have a fourth season:

On Monday (June 21), HBO announced that "True Blood" has been renewed for a 12-episode fourth season, set to begin production early next year and premiere in the summer of 2011.

it's nice that they renew these series so early in the current run so you're not left wondering  thumbsup

Because I can,
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2010, 01:14:57 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 21, 2010, 05:46:44 PM

Still I enjoyed the (brief) Godric flashback (I still say I'd love an Eric and Godric prequel series, really seems like they've had the most interesting vampire lives) and shape-shifting/stripping scenes.

I get a bit distracted by Godric's dialect during those scenes. He speaks Swedish occasionally, and while he does an admirable job at it it's still clear he's no Swede.

Both episodes so far have been really enjoyable. I didn't think they had any dull moments at all, but then again, I'm not expecting action at every point.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2010, 02:41:41 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 26, 2010, 01:14:57 PM

I get a bit distracted by Godric's dialect during those scenes. He speaks Swedish occasionally, and while he does an admirable job at it it's still clear he's no Swede.

He isn't supposed to be Swedish, right? I thought he might be Egyptian, although I can't remember for sure.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2010, 03:28:06 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 26, 2010, 02:41:41 PM

He isn't supposed to be Swedish, right? I thought he might be Egyptian, although I can't remember for sure.

I thought they were Norwegian?

Edit: Eric is supposed to be Norwegian, but I now realize you are talking about Godric. Turns out the actor is a Dane, which might account for his accent while speaking Swedish.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 03:32:45 PM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2010, 04:20:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 26, 2010, 03:28:06 PM

Edit: Eric is supposed to be Norwegian, but I now realize you are talking about Godric. Turns out the actor is a Dane, which might account for his accent while speaking Swedish.

If they're Norwegian, that would be very surprising, particularly since neither of them has ever mentioned Norway nor spoken Norwegian. They both speak Swedish regularly though.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2010, 05:19:30 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on June 26, 2010, 04:20:55 PM

Quote from: Teggy on June 26, 2010, 03:28:06 PM

If they're Norwegian, that would be very surprising, particularly since neither of them has ever mentioned Norway nor spoken Norwegian. They both speak Swedish regularly though.

Sorry, he was a viking, which I guess does not necessarily equate to Norwegian. Godric well predates Eric, so who knows what he is.

Devil

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2010, 07:15:34 PM »

Finally - Last night kicked things up a lot.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2010, 08:47:51 PM »

Quote from: Devil on June 28, 2010, 07:15:34 PM

Finally - Last night kicked things up a lot.

I thought it was odd (but good for the show) that people suddenly started teleporting around locations to advance the plot.  Reminds me of the end of Lost (remember season 1 it would take days to get anywhere, by S6 they could jump to the temple to the beach to the Dharma barracks in an instant).  The pacing and sheer amount of subplots and new characters is a bit too much this season, I kind of wish they'd tone it down and stay focused on the core crew.

One thing that confused me a bit, are we to assume that Bill is seriously stuck/trapped and has given up on escaping?  The end sequence was pretty bizarre and seemed very out of character and almost out of the blue for me.  But maybe I have/had too much confidence in his ability to escape or just leave.  Also can someone refresh me on who that chick was?  I thought she might have been his maker, but then I thought Eric was his maker.  Bad memory!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 28, 2010, 08:53:42 PM »

That girl was his maker.

I agree that there might be too much going on now, but it's better than last week when we had nothing going on.

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 28, 2010, 10:08:33 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on June 28, 2010, 08:47:51 PM

One thing that confused me a bit, are we to assume that Bill is seriously stuck/trapped and has given up on escaping?  The end sequence was pretty bizarre and seemed very out of character and almost out of the blue for me.  But maybe I have/had too much confidence in his ability to escape or just leave.  Also can someone refresh me on who that chick was?  I thought she might have been his maker, but then I thought Eric was his maker.  Bad memory!

The implication was that if Bill didn't work for the King then Sookie would be killed.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 29, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »

You can't kill a vampire by breaking its neck? That's going to be a little difficult to fix.

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 29, 2010, 02:59:27 PM »

That final scene was as awesome as the Bill/Sam gay dream scene was un-awesome.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 29, 2010, 03:02:22 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on June 29, 2010, 12:34:53 AM

You can't kill a vampire by breaking its neck? That's going to be a little difficult to fix.

not really, just twist it back and let the vampire healing process take effect.  we all saw how fast Bill regenerated from that shotgun blast.

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2010, 03:17:54 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 29, 2010, 03:02:22 PM

not really, just twist it back and let the vampire healing process take effect.  we all saw how fast Bill regenerated from that shotgun blast.

Yeah I think if Bill had twisted it, then ripped it off, she would have died, but just twisting it does no permanent damage. I really expected him to rip it off too, that whole scene was really weird.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2010, 03:27:20 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on June 29, 2010, 03:02:22 PM

You'd think that you'd need someone who knows how to set it, though. Otherwise she'll be walking around with her head on all weird.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2010, 06:02:15 PM »

Quote from: YellowKing on June 29, 2010, 02:59:27 PM

That final scene was as awesome as the Bill/Sam gay dream scene was un-awesome.

The gay dream scene was the only awesome thing this season!  Fabulous

Well, that and the naked shapeshifting brothers.
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 29, 2010, 06:25:31 PM »

I really didn't like this week's episode for some reason. For the first time I can remember, I was actually checking the clock to see when it would finally be done. The plot seems to be moving incredibly slow and there just doesn't seem to be the tension in these first three episodes that I remember from the past seasons.  And that scene with Tara and Sookie at the funeral was awful.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 29, 2010, 09:47:04 PM »

Quote from: Ralph-Wiggum on June 29, 2010, 06:25:31 PM

I really didn't like this week's episode for some reason. For the first time I can remember, I was actually checking the clock to see when it would finally be done. The plot seems to be moving incredibly slow and there just doesn't seem to be the tension in these first three episodes that I remember from the past seasons.  And that scene with Tara and Sookie at the funeral was awful.

Yeah I kind of agree - I actually thought the teleporting (mentioned above) kind of made the whole show feel very disjointed to me; the pacing change was as abrupt as some of the plot elements.  And the editing seemed to make the timeline itself rather confusing and jumpy.  Just follow one character for instance.  One minute Sam is recovering from his brother's antics last week, then he's saying goodbye to his new family (where were they again?), then suddenly he's back at the bar with Sookie, then his family comes to visit him (and he even says they've come a long way), then he fights with his family, then he's in bed and finding his brother has been there. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 30, 2010, 04:25:34 AM »

they do seem to be spinning their wheels this season. find Sam's family very annoying, and hope the Jason Stackhouse storyline goes somewhere quickly.

Because I can,
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 30, 2010, 12:34:26 PM »

I agree on the Sam story but otherwise thought this was the episode was head and shoulders above the others this season. Things actually happened!

Bill actually did something in Miss.
"Jessica" got rid of the body.
Tara has a storyline again.
There's a good guy wolf now and he's helping Sookie.
Franklin?

Everything is moving along nicely, finally.

I bet you guys were Soprano's fans who loved the Meadow/AJ storylines or when Melfi or Carm were anywhere near the camera.   icon_razz

Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 30, 2010, 01:19:01 PM »

Yeah, I definitely don't feel like they are spinning their wheels.  There was a bit of second season mopping up in the first and second episodes but I feel like everything is moving forward now.  However, I agree with others that Sam story does absolutely zero for me. 
denoginizer

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2010, 01:24:10 PM »

That little "twist" at the end of this last episode seems to be getting tons of media attention.  
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 02:11:31 PM by denoginizer » Logged

Xbox Live Tag: denoginizer
PSN Name: denoginizer
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2010, 07:55:59 AM »

Because I can,
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2010, 08:24:34 PM »

I'll say it again, Anna Pacquin naked is super hot. I don't care about the gap teeth, her body is so tight it makes me teeth blind.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2010, 08:50:23 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 12, 2010, 08:24:34 PM

I'll say it again, Anna Pacquin naked is super hot. I don't care about the gap teeth, her body is so tight it makes me teeth blind.

I thought she looked the hottest in the Eric dream sequence, I was like DAMN!  For a microsecond I think I turned straight.  Also liked her leather skank outfit too, bam!

Thankfully I was reminded I was still gay after seeing shirtless Bill, shirtless werewolf and naked Sam's lil brother.

As for the show itself, I enjoy it but I'm getting a bit frustrated.  I don't know what to make of Bill's weird plotline (btw I thought that stripper did a great job in a small role), Sam's family drama seems completely unrelated to anything, and I was annoyed with the Twilight-esque dumping of Sookie - which she immediately buys and then goes to a warm werewolf for comfort.  Grrrrr.  The Vampire Diaries is far less derivative.  I'm also getting annoyed with Sookie's random usage of her telepathic powers.  Sometimes she seems to just forget (or the writers forget) she is a mind reader, there's so much that can be done with that but they pick and choose when to use it.  I'm tired of her being all wimpy and helpless, it's time for her to go Rogue/Phoenix and kick some ass.  Speaking of helpless, also tired of seeing Tara and her cousin (name escapes me) being wimpy as well.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2010, 08:52:01 PM »

I take it she gets nekkid in the new episode? I was about to drop the series after the last one but I'll watch one more  icon_twisted

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 12, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on July 12, 2010, 08:52:01 PM

I take it she gets nekkid in the new episode? I was about to drop the series after the last one but I'll watch one more  icon_twisted

Not really, but enough is shown to make it worth it.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 12, 2010, 08:58:49 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on July 12, 2010, 08:56:45 PM

Quote from: th'FOOL on July 12, 2010, 08:52:01 PM

Not really, but enough is shown to make it worth it.

I think she's actually hotter not fully nekkid in the scene in question.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: July 12, 2010, 09:05:01 PM »

No time to check out the teeth when you're stoking the piehole  icon_twisted

Because I can,
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 12, 2010, 09:21:29 PM »

I was a bit irritated with how the club vampires are going to attempt to pin the blood-selling on Bill. You get an anonymous tip, raid the place, find huge supply of vampire blood, start torturing someone who says "No no, its not us, its Bill!" and the ancient supra-vampire thinks it could be a valid statement?? Please.  Roll Eyes
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 12, 2010, 10:43:56 PM »

Quote from: Toe on July 12, 2010, 09:21:29 PM

I was a bit irritated with how the club vampires are going to attempt to pin the blood-selling on Bill. You get an anonymous tip, raid the place, find huge supply of vampire blood, start torturing someone who says "No no, its not us, its Bill!" and the ancient supra-vampire thinks it could be a valid statement?? Please.  Roll Eyes

Seriously!  And don't any of the other vampires have useful powers like telepathy?  Or is that only for Rogue?  So far we've learned Eric can fly, Bill can resist telepathy, and that's about it.  Maybe they should start stealing some more ideas from Twilight.
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2010, 12:52:05 AM »

Twilight?!?

No thanks.

ericb

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2010, 02:23:22 AM »

The biggest problem right now (Sookie's powers, the subplots, etc) is the show is skipping a lot of detail from the books.  There is a MAJOR plot point that drove Bill and Sookie apart that hasn't even made it to the show yet (and may not though I believe they are started to angle towards it).  Tara I can't explain...like I said in an earlier post...the only thing common to show Tara and book Tara is the name.  Wouldn't shed a single tear if they killed Tara off (soon) as long as they keep Lafayette.

Anyone know if Katrina has hit New Orleans yet in the show's timeline?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: