http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 08:06:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Please use Spoiler tags  (Read 7394 times)
Harkonis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 01, 2011, 05:23:26 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on July 01, 2011, 02:39:51 PM

Quote from: hepcat on July 01, 2011, 01:30:29 PM

Quote from: ibdoomed on July 01, 2011, 01:15:42 PM

They think that large cinemas bring an undesirable crowd and sure they do, they don't bring ANY crowds, like maybe the ones that spend money...

I have to agree with them.  I remember when we used to get these huge, unruly crowds...no...hooligans...whenever a new Merchant Ivory film would open at our local mulitplex.  They'd be quoting Anthony Hopkins in Remains of the Day while breaking Chardonay bottles over their heads.  It got so bad when Howards End opened up that we had to get riot police stationed in the parking lot on that first night...

...dark times, my friend...dark times.

Ah, well, ok. Since we never have trouble getting into our tiny theaters (nothing ever sells out) we don't travel to the larger theaters across the water to see how bad it really is. I stand corrected.

his post was 100% sarcasm fyi
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 01, 2011, 05:45:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on July 01, 2011, 04:48:59 PM

Quote from: Razgon on July 01, 2011, 04:35:06 PM

He did quite well in Constantine, actually.

I'm quite sad they never did any more Constantine movies.  didn't care for it the first time I saw it but saw it again and it clicked.

I forgot that Shia was in that film.

And I kind of enjoyed Constantine...but I think that's almost solely because of the winning combination of Tilda Swinton and Peter Stormare...ESPECIALLY Stormare.  

Quote from: Harkonis on July 01, 2011, 05:23:26 PM

his post was 100% sarcasm fyi

Dude, I was being serious.  I still have the scar where I was stabbed with a broken monocle!

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »

Initial estimates are putting this at $162,125,000.

biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2011, 03:03:50 AM »

Saw this today with my wife and son and i can honestly say this was the worse movie i've ever been to.....hands down.

After about an hour and a half my wife got up and went to what i thought was the restroom.    After about 15 minutes she didn't come back so i got a bit worried and went to check on her.   I found her sitting in the lobby and she proceeds to tell me she couldn't sit another second to watch.   And this is coming from someone who regularly watches movies i think are terrible.    If it hadn't of been for my son wanting to stay, we would have walked out.

At about 2 hours in my 8 year old leans over and says, "Dad, this is the movie that never ends and they have been doing the same fighting for over an hour".    I look over with a glazed over stare and say, "I know son....i know".   At that point i was wishing we would have left earlier when my wife went to the lobby.

Horrible horrible movie that i can't under any circumstance recommend.

The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 04, 2011, 03:15:29 PM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 04, 2011, 03:03:50 AM

Saw this today with my wife and son and i can honestly say this was the worse movie i've ever been to.....hands down.

After about an hour and a half my wife got up and went to what i thought was the restroom.    After about 15 minutes she didn't come back so i got a bit worried and went to check on her.   I found her sitting in the lobby and she proceeds to tell me she couldn't sit another second to watch.   And this is coming from someone who regularly watches movies i think are terrible.    If it hadn't of been for my son wanting to stay, we would have walked out.

At about 2 hours in my 8 year old leans over and says, "Dad, this is the movie that never ends and they have been doing the same fighting for over an hour".    I look over with a glazed over stare and say, "I know son....i know".   At that point i was wishing we would have left earlier when my wife went to the lobby.

Horrible horrible movie that i can't under any circumstance recommend.

Did you see it at the AMC here in Castle Rock?  I wonder how many times you and I have walked by each other.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: July 04, 2011, 09:40:38 PM »

for you Transformer fans who yearn for the nostalgia of yesteryear, you can pick up the complete animated series, 15 discs on DVD from either Amazon or Best Buy right now for $40

as far as the movie, I havent seen it yet but the reviews have been far more positive for this one than the previous movie, which was a complete mess.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: July 04, 2011, 09:54:20 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on July 04, 2011, 09:40:38 PM

for you Transformer fans who yearn for the nostalgia of yesteryear, you can pick up the complete animated series, 15 discs on DVD from either Amazon or Best Buy right now for $40

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: July 04, 2011, 11:30:16 PM »

thanks, rshetts!  I nabbed it.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #168 on: July 05, 2011, 12:41:17 AM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on July 04, 2011, 09:40:38 PM

if you want what was by far the best Transformers series produced so far, check out Beast Wars and the follow-up Beast Machines...both great shows with a neat, more mature storyline that actually tied into the original series after a while.  unfortunately, the original Beast Wars DVD sets from Rhino have been discontinued, but they're just starting a re-release by another company (first season came out a few weeks ago).  you can still get Beast Machines through Amazon, but it really is a continuation of Beast Wars and shouldn't be watched if you haven't seen its predecessor.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: July 05, 2011, 01:19:25 AM »

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwWWWASPinator think he annoying enough to discredit entire sssseriessss!
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 05, 2011, 03:02:47 AM »

hey Grue!!!    Nah we go to the AMC here in Parker.    dude hit me up sometime for a flick or something.    gonna see Cowboys and Aliens and Captain America before the summer is out.

The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 05, 2011, 04:31:03 AM »

Quote from: Xmann on July 05, 2011, 03:02:47 AM

hey Grue!!!    Nah we go to the AMC here in Parker.    dude hit me up sometime for a flick or something.    gonna see Cowboys and Aliens and Captain America before the summer is out.

For some reason I thought you moved to C Rock, not Parker. I got your PM. Let's figure out if we can go see something, though I will warn you that I enjoy any movie I go see, so if you want to walk out, I won't be joining you. slywink

whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 05, 2011, 05:10:35 AM »

Saw it this weekend. Wow. I was amazed at the level to which you need to retard yourself to enjoy this as some online critics have. While I immediately discount AICN for the shills/hacks/buffoons they are, there are other critics I like who seem to have fallen under Bay's spell. I can appreciate how Bay's reality is that the world of Victoria's Secret ads apparently has giant robots in it. I also can appreciate how the man has completely given up on subtlety. There's zero present here. People are either good or bad, cars are either $200K a pop or the shittiest ride ever, all the women are VS model quality save for Sam's mother, etc. It's just beyond ridiculous which is saying a lot considering the standards Bay sets.

That being said, here's what I liked:

- Shockwave was scary as hell and done absolutely right. I love how he basically speaks Cybertronian the whole film and is easily the best villain they've had in the series.
- Soundwave looked awesome too and it was nice having his original voice too.
- Laserbeak was one of the freakiest, scariest images in the series and if there are little kids in the audience (and we saw several) there's no way they aren't seeing that thing in their dreams for at least a week.
- Sentinal Prime - say what you will about the character, but Nimoy put in his all and gave a genuinely good performance.
- The scale of the action was, as noted above, ridiculous. Bay also held the shots for longer than usual and staged the action much better than in part two. As a result, the action was no longer confusing despite running way too long.

What I didn't:
- Everything else.
- Why the hell do the Autobots only have Scottish assholes on their side? Between the Wreckers and the plane from part 2 (you know, the one in the National Flight Museum in the middle of DC that also backs up to an open field somehow) I'm convinced they have no other nationality.
- That is until the ninja and old scientist Autobots showed up and by that point I just accepted that Bay was being an asshole to the audience on purpose. No one can accidentally be that stupid.
- Prime getting caught up in the wires at the end and needing the Wreckers to cut him loose DESPITE THE FACT THAT HE'S GOT AN ENERGY AXE IN ONE HAND AND A FREAKING LAZER SWORD IN THE OTHER!!!
- The endless talking between characters I don't care about until they got to the plot about an hour in.
- John Malkovich. What. The. Hell. "WHY IS SHE USING A CUP FROM THE RED FLOOR?!?!"  saywhat

Jesus wept, this film was stupid. Here's hoping Captain America rules.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 05, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 01, 2011, 05:59:59 AM

Loved it! Call me biased (I am a lifelong Transformers freak after all), call me a moron, call me unfit to make movies, whatever. The movie's a marked improvement over part 2, with an actual coherent and engaging storyline and characters (both human and robot.there was way more character development this time around). The stupid humor quotient was lower this time around, and I can say that Bay definetely learned from his mistakes on the last movie. There's certainly restraint this time around; the sources of humor were still there but they don't overwhelm the flick. Megan Fox was made an afterthought by the lovely Rosie Huntington-Whiteley. Shia Lebouf did the job he was paid to do--run around, provide comedy and save the day. The action sequences are largely exhilarating. And whatever criticism you may have of Bay, there's no doubt he can direct skilled action sequences. The whole 'Battle of Chicago' is superbly done. Hands down. I wasn't dissapointed, and will in fact go see it again. Take my words with a grain of salt since I'm a big TF fan... but there you have it: Thank you, Mr Bay for making me feel like a giddy 15 year old boy tonight. I had.. Fun!

Saw it on Monday, and this pretty much sums up my feelings about the movie. My wife and I enjoyed the first, hatedhatedhated the second, and had a blast with this one. While there were elements that the movie could have done without, they were not as detrimental to the storyline as they were in the second. That was the biggest difference, IMO.

Also, the 3D was amazing. Truly the best use of the technology since Avatar. I was really expecting Bay to throw shit at the screen nonstop, but I can't recall any one moment where it was used to that effect.
cheeba

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 05, 2011, 02:10:29 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 05, 2011, 05:10:35 AM

People are either good or bad, cars are either $200K a pop or the shittiest ride ever, all the women are VS model quality save for Sam's mother, etc.
...except Bumblebee, of course, where a camaro costs like $25-30k, right? smile As for the other vehicles, if you had your choice of being any vehicle on Earth would you really choose a Ford Fusion over a Ferrari 458?

Oh and the main actress other than Rosie probably won't be showing up with her in Victoria's Secret catalogs, or at least I hope:
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 05, 2011, 02:35:50 PM »

Saw it Friday night after work.  The first half of the film was everything I dislike about Bay films.  It was like watching his id on screen for 60 or so minutes...if they'd just cut to a scene of Bay masturbating in his living room while watching the film as well, I wouldn't have been surprised.

However, the second half...the war...was actually rather fun.  Yeah, it had a bit of the annoying stuff from the previous films (depth of character is definitely something Bay has yet to even come close to understanding.  If he's approving these scripts, or has any input whatsoever...which I'm assuming he does...he needs to turn that task over to someone more mature/discerning/older than 13), but the spectacle was at least grand.

And that's about all I can say about this film.

The popcorn was good, though.  I like processed butter stuff, to be honest.  The recent attempt by my preferred theater to go au natural with pure butter was an epic failure, imho.  Have you ever smelled real butter on popcorn?  that stuff smells to high heaven.  and you can't get the stink off yourself for days, it seems like.  oh, and they still have the salt packets that you can grab a handful of and then liberally toss onto your 'corn in the middle of the film.  combined with my recent discovery that I can have them put butter (or faux butter, as it were) in the middle of the bag as well as the top, it was a close call on whether or not my heart would give out before the movie did. 

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 05, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »

This is also the only movie probably ever where I realized that I missed Megan Fox.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 05, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »

Quote from: whiteboyskim on July 05, 2011, 03:02:09 PM

This is also the only movie probably ever where I realized that I missed Megan Fox.

Watch Jonah Hex...it'll cure you of that.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 05, 2011, 03:16:52 PM »

unsurprisingly, word is going around that Transformers 4 has been greenlit.  I wonder if they'll get Bay back or if they'll get someone else.  I'm guessing they'll probably try for a 2013 release, since they've been releasing every 2 years (2007, 2099 and 2011), and since Bay wanted to take some off between 2 & 3 but didn't get it he may need a longer break than that.

Because I can,
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 05, 2011, 03:20:07 PM »

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Typically I think some people are falling over themselves to come up with the most damning criticism of the film they can possibly conceive of. In all it was decent. It wasn't Shakespeare - it was a bunch of giant robots beating the shit out of each other. Some unnecessary violence - the people getting vaporized with the bones falling to the ground really struck me as out of place and needless. But I think it was an enjoyable romp for what it was. Good to see Optimus finally being a genuine badass, and Bumblebee too!
The Grue

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 05, 2011, 03:33:31 PM »

Quote from: Crux on July 05, 2011, 03:20:07 PM

Saw it last night and enjoyed it. Typically I think some people are falling over themselves to come up with the most damning criticism of the film they can possibly conceive of. In all it was decent. It wasn't Shakespeare - it was a bunch of giant robots beating the shit out of each other. Some unnecessary violence - the people getting vaporized with the bones falling to the ground really struck me as out of place and needless. But I think it was an enjoyable romp for what it was. Good to see Optimus finally being a genuine badass, and Bumblebee too!

You have to remember how the Internet works.  If it isn't the greatest movie ever, it is the worst movie ever.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2011, 03:37:12 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on July 05, 2011, 03:33:31 PM

Quote from: Crux on July 05, 2011, 03:20:07 PM

You have to remember how the Internet works.  If it isn't the greatest movie ever, it is the worst movie ever.

Conversely, if a movie someone on the 'net likes receives a negative review, the reviewer is always a fan boy or has an ax to grind.   icon_wink

While a agree that there are some folks who gleefully search for the most damning hyperbole they can come up then toss it willy nilly into reviews, sometimes that hyperbole is warranted.

In other words, haters aren't always haters because they love to hate.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 03:38:52 PM by hepcat » Logged

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2011, 06:13:03 PM »

LoL at XMann's comments!

I saw it Sunday and it was pretty much what I expected.  I thought it was popcorn fun/spectacle and I liked the initial premise, and some of the stunts and effects were pretty spectacular.  Detailing on some of the CGI was also phenomenal.  Oddly enough I think I enjoyed the beginning of the movie the most; I think I would have rather just watched a movie about Shia Lebouef trying to find a job and/or working for John Malkovich while trying to please his uber-hot girlfriend. 

Although I don't remember much about the second movie, I really didn't find this one that much better, but then again I didn't hate #2 the way many did.  Still I think it would have worked far better if at least half an hour was cut out, maybe more.  The tone of the movie went from comedic to dire and back and forth, and it was kind of jarring.  I mean WTF with Ken Jeong lol?  It was like no one told him he wasn't still in The Hangover.  It's sad to say so many characters and "plotlines" were extraneous and could easily have been removed, including favorites of mine like Alan Tudyk, for example, that really served no purpose.  And what was with all the people jumping out of planes?  Cool to watch but it felt like there was a repeat of two scenes looping (breaking buildings and people jumping off planes). 

I guess ultimately I appreciate this movie/series for being something fairly different - if you want literal bang for your buck, and hours and hours of it, you'll get all you asked for and more, until you probably can't take another minute lol.  You'll get some laughs, some cheap thrills looking at hot chicks and hot cars, and a buttload of action and cool special effects.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2011, 06:15:26 PM »

Glad to see that there are some people who are seeing this third installment as not the greatest thing since slice bread, but yet a good time at the movies for Transformers fans. My whole point with this Bay-Transformers-Hate internet phenomena is how people are missing the middle ground. I'm on the middle ground. It's not Shakespeare, yet it's not Planet 9 From Outer Space.  nod

Spoiler for Hiden:
Despite the 2hr 40 min run time of this 3rd movie, they got the plot sound and right. There's a slow-burn narrative following the Decepticons latest play to take over the world. Very much enjoyed the scary take on Lazerbeak; a decaying, megalomaniacal Megatron; and the treacherous Sentinel Prime (and bravo to Bay for casting Leonard Nimoy on the role. Nimoy voiced Galvatron in the the '87 animated Transformers movie. It seems they did their homework). The Autobots were fine. It was good to see a kick-ass Sideswipe.. and rough to see Ironhide's death. The Wreckers were just fine. The old Autobot scientist was just cute, though don't understand why they didn't just introduce Percepter or WheelJack instead (unless he was supposed to be one of those. I didn't catch his official name). A complain I can lobby at Bay is that he forgets there's a whole canon of Autobots to choose from. There's still too much focus on Optimus Prime and Bumbleebee. Come on Bay? How about Omega Supreme, Ultra Magnus, or Hot Rod?!

The 'Battle Of Chicago' is what makes the movie, imo. It was just Bay at his purest and unabashed action filmmaker form. You even got human paragliders! How cool were they? By the time the Decepticons shit hits the fan, it hits the fan properly. Shockwave was just scary awesome; his riding, burrowing, all-consuming worm form was truly a sight to behold. Starcream's ultimate takedown at the hands of Sam was properly heroic. And the final confrontation between Optimus, Sentinel and Megatron was just all kinds of bad-assery! Yea, it was all just CGI porn and definetely not a flick for women.. but just very well done cartoonish action.

If a 4th film is made.. and that's a given considering this third one has already taken $460 mil worldwide in 6 days.. I hope they finally introduce some long-overdue characters from the Transformers canon. Please, let's finally see the fucking Dinobots! Let's finally see Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge? How about you take a crack at the triple-changin' Astrotrain? How about Unicron? Those characters are waiting with much potential.

Now the question is.. Will Bay and Lebouf be back for No. 4? They've both said they're done.. but money talks in Hollywood, so we'll have to wait and see.
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 05, 2011, 07:46:18 PM »

The thing to me is, if you go to a chinese restaurant and order Mongolian Beef, you can't complain when the waiter brings you Mongolian Beef and pretend you ordered spaghetti with meatballs. You know exactly what you're signing up for with this movie. Giant robots that transform into cars beating the snot out of each other in slow motion with stirring music in the background. Character development will be non-existent, and the plot will have holes. If you don't like that this is what you received, then you shouldn't have gone to see the movie.

If they ever get a more 'character' director to make a Transformers movie, then I might expect something different. This is exactly as advertised. It is a Transformers movie made by Bay in the style that Bay is notorious for.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 05, 2011, 07:49:27 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on July 04, 2011, 11:30:16 PM

thanks, rshetts!  I nabbed it.

glad I did too, cause it's up to $59.99 now.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 05, 2011, 08:18:33 PM »

Quote from: Crux on July 05, 2011, 07:46:18 PM

The thing to me is, if you go to a chinese restaurant and order Mongolian Beef, you can't complain when the waiter brings you Mongolian Beef and pretend you ordered spaghetti with meatballs. You know exactly what you're signing up for with this movie. Giant robots that transform into cars beating the snot out of each other in slow motion with stirring music in the background. Character development will be non-existent, and the plot will have holes. If you don't like that this is what you received, then you shouldn't have gone to see the movie.

If they ever get a more 'character' director to make a Transformers movie, then I might expect something different. This is exactly as advertised. It is a Transformers movie made by Bay in the style that Bay is notorious for.

I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a little more depth or fewer plot holes in an action movie.  If you start giving passes to big budget genre films because you don't think they need to be well written BECAUSE they're big budget genre films, you just give Hollywood the thumbs up to stop spending money on good writers and decent directors who care about the story, and just blow their entire wad on special effects.  Sure, it happens now (Transformers being my case in point), but I would prefer it to not be the standard for all big budget action/sci fi/horror films.

I just don't subscribe to your belief that I have to settle for a dumb story containing numerous weaknesses when I go to a sci fi action film with a budget over 25 million dollars.   If audiences ask for more from these types of films, I think eventually you'll get movies in this genre that exceed the limited expectations you've set for yourself.  Aliens, for example.  Big budget, basic story...but through great characters with at least a cursory attempt at three dimensionality, and a decent story, we get a film that some believe is even better than the original.  

On a side note, I'd love to see Bay reading all these responses to critics of his film that continually offer the defense, "But it's supposed to be dumb!".  icon_wink
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:34:16 PM by hepcat » Logged

Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 05, 2011, 08:58:14 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 05, 2011, 06:15:26 PM

Glad to see that there are some people who are seeing this third installment as not the greatest thing since slice bread, but yet a good time at the movies for Transformers fans. My whole point with this Bay-Transformers-Hate internet phenomena is how people are missing the middle ground. I'm on the middle ground. It's not Shakespeare, yet it's not Planet 9 From Outer Space.  nod

Spoiler for Hiden:
Despite the 2hr 40 min run time of this 3rd movie, they got the plot sound and right. There's a slow-burn narrative following the Decepticons latest play to take over the world. Very much enjoyed the scary take on Lazerbeak; a decaying, megalomaniacal Megatron; and the treacherous Sentinel Prime (and bravo to Bay for casting Leonard Nimoy on the role. Nimoy voiced Galvatron in the the '87 animated Transformers movie. It seems they did their homework). The Autobots were fine. It was good to see a kick-ass Sideswipe.. and rough to see Ironhide's death. The Wreckers were just fine. The old Autobot scientist was just cute, though don't understand why they didn't just introduce Percepter or WheelJack instead (unless he was supposed to be one of those. I didn't catch his official name). A complain I can lobby at Bay is that he forgets there's a whole canon of Autobots to choose from. There's still too much focus on Optimus Prime and Bumbleebee. Come on Bay? How about Omega Supreme, Ultra Magnus, or Hot Rod?!

The 'Battle Of Chicago' is what makes the movie, imo. It was just Bay at his purest and unabashed action filmmaker form. You even got human paragliders! How cool were they? By the time the Decepticons shit hits the fan, it hits the fan properly. Shockwave was just scary awesome; his riding, burrowing, all-consuming worm form was truly a sight to behold. Starcream's ultimate takedown at the hands of Sam was properly heroic. And the final confrontation between Optimus, Sentinel and Megatron was just all kinds of bad-assery! Yea, it was all just CGI porn and definetely not a flick for women.. but just very well done cartoonish action.

If a 4th film is made.. and that's a given considering this third one has already taken $460 mil worldwide in 6 days.. I hope they finally introduce some long-overdue characters from the Transformers canon. Please, let's finally see the fucking Dinobots! Let's finally see Galvatron, Cyclonus and Scourge? How about you take a crack at the triple-changin' Astrotrain? How about Unicron? Those characters are waiting with much potential.

Now the question is.. Will Bay and Lebouf be back for No. 4? They've both said they're done.. but money talks in Hollywood, so we'll have to wait and see.

Given how many main characters, particularly on the Decepticons, are killed in this movie, I don't see how they could make a 4th film.  Also, they've gone from minor battles in a city, to wrecking a the great pyramid, to wrecking a city.  What could Bay possibly do in number 4?  Blow up the moon?
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 05, 2011, 09:02:38 PM »

Quote from: Rowdy on July 05, 2011, 08:58:14 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Given how many main characters, particularly on the Decepticons, are killed in this movie, I don't see how they could make a 4th film.  Also, they've gone from minor battles in a city, to wrecking a the great pyramid, to wrecking a city.  What could Bay possibly do in number 4?  Blow up the moon?

You obviously have never seen 'Transformers: The Movie' (1987). You do know Unicron is a planet-sized Transformer, right?  icon_razz
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 05, 2011, 09:05:04 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 05, 2011, 09:02:38 PM

You obviously have never seen 'Transformers: The Movie' (1987). You do know Unicron is a planet-sized Transformer, right?  icon_razz

How many times does he have to tell you...HE'S JUST BIG BONED, GODDAMNIT!

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 05, 2011, 09:07:38 PM »

Don't forget horny.  Besides, I'm sure they'd have no problem creating new Decepticons even if they depleted the massive pool of them.

Because I can,
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 05, 2011, 09:10:06 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 05, 2011, 09:02:38 PM

Quote from: Rowdy on July 05, 2011, 08:58:14 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Given how many main characters, particularly on the Decepticons, are killed in this movie, I don't see how they could make a 4th film.  Also, they've gone from minor battles in a city, to wrecking a the great pyramid, to wrecking a city.  What could Bay possibly do in number 4?  Blow up the moon?

You obviously have never seen 'Transformers: The Movie' (1987). You do know Unicron is a planet-sized Transformer, right?  icon_razz

Yes, I do know that.  However, unless you're suggesting 3 hours of Optimus hacking up a planet with his energy sword and Bumblebee dancing and shooting the ground underneath him, I'm not sure how a planet sized antagonist works for a film.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
Particularly considering any known Decepticon characters like Megatron or Starscream who could be in partnership with Unicron are now dead.
 It would be the same problem that the Fanatasic Four Silver Surfer movie had.  An antagonist the size of Unicron or Galactus doesn't work very well on film, when the good guys are earth bound and several orders of magnitude smaller.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 06:56:16 PM by Graham » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 05, 2011, 09:11:23 PM »

Wow, nice spoiler there Rowdy.

Because I can,
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 05, 2011, 09:16:36 PM »

heh, Rowdy. Spoiler tag, please!  icon_lol
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:29 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on July 05, 2011, 09:16:36 PM

heh, Rowdy. Spoiler tag, please!  icon_lol
Threw up a warning in the title, once it's fixed I'll take it down.

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: July 05, 2011, 10:00:07 PM »

I'm glad I already watched this movie.  That's a massive spoiler, Rowdy.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #196 on: July 07, 2011, 06:58:48 PM »

I went ahead and put in spoiler tags into the post.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Rowdy

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: July 08, 2011, 03:31:02 PM »

Sorry, folks, I thought threads for movies and tv series were generally considered enter at your own risk spoiler zones.  My apologies.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: July 08, 2011, 06:04:05 PM »

Interesting facts about the movie's special effects. Neato!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: July 10, 2011, 04:28:36 PM »

I saw this in IMAX 3D last night and really enjoyed it...plot wasn't great, but it was better than anything in the previous two movies, and the action was awesome.  I don't go into these movies expecting a marvel of critic-pleasing cinema, only giant robots blowing stuff up, and in that regard the movie is a huge success.  In my opinion, the action in TF3 is by far the best of the series...lots of cool moments, shots are slowed down enough to really tell what's going on most of the time, and they pull off some really incredible effects.  I was thoroughly entertained from beginning to end.

As for the plot, I'm not going to say a lot because there isn't much to discuss, but we did get something much more reasonable than the previous two films, without anything really ridiculous like the second movie.  There's just enough story to move the action along (with a few good surprises), and that's all I really think is necessary for this type of movie.

I also think TF3 sets a pretty high bar in regard to 3D movies.  It's easily the best-looking 3D film since Avatar and really is an example of how cool the technology can be in the right hands...good use of depth without too many distractions flying out of the screen.  It even worked surprisingly well in the fast-moving action scenes, which has been a significant weakness in a lot of other 3D movies.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: