http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 11:25:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Transformers CGI Test  (Read 1329 times)
happydog
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: May 16, 2006, 04:13:38 PM »

http://www.blackfilm.com/20060512/features/transformertest_video.shtml

Looks nice.

LiveTAG: happydog
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2006, 04:26:06 PM »

That looks awesome, but I think I've gone colorblind--I swear that truck looked white instead of red.  

Please tell me they aren't going to make him white, please?
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2006, 04:32:52 PM »

No but if you're going to do tests to see if something is moving correctly, would you waste a lot of time playing with the color schemes? I think once they nail the movement and the mechanics then they'll put the proper colors and designs on them. smile

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2006, 04:37:57 PM »

That is hot.

I'm now excited to see this.

Anyone know if the original voice talent  are signed on to do the voicework? (I mean the ones who are still alive....)
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2006, 04:54:49 PM »

If I'm not mistaken, that's NOT from the film.  It's a pet project from a professional 3d artist.  You can go here to see his work.  Or here to go straight to the Optimus Prime stuff.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 05:11:07 PM »

If the Hollywood re-imaging continues it'strend then Optimus will be black wit ha female voice and Starscream will be pink with an asian accent.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 06:35:20 PM »

I don't even think an effects house has been selected to do the graphics for the film.

Michael Bay used to work with ILM, but now that he's bought Digital Domain (Jim Cameron's effects house), I'm going to guess they get the project.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2006, 08:10:20 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"
Anyone know if the original voice talent  are signed on to do the voicework? (I mean the ones who are still alive....)

Bay confirmed to AICN that they are at least auditioning the original VO cast so that's something at least.

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2006, 08:35:54 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
they are at least auditioning the original VO cast

Boy will that suck for the ones that don't get the part!  "I'm sorry Jim, you just don't sound enough like you."
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2006, 09:24:05 PM »

Quote from: "wonderpug"
Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
they are at least auditioning the original VO cast

Boy will that suck for the ones that don't get the part!  "I'm sorry Jim, you just don't sound enough like you."

After 20+ years, it's distinctly possible they sound geriatric.  Which might work if you keep them all as 80s versions of cars in a film set modern-day.  biggrin

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2006, 10:21:44 PM »

Quote from: "CrayolaSmoker"
Quote from: "wonderpug"

After 20+ years, it's distinctly possible they sound geriatric.  Which might work if you keep them all as 80s versions of cars in a film set modern-day.  biggrin

FWIW, that's the reason Al Pacino gave for not doing the voicework for the  upcoming Scarface video game.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
unbreakable
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2006, 12:27:21 AM »

I read an interview with William Daniels (the guy who did the voice of KITT in Knight Rider) just before that newer version of it came out (was it Knight Rider 2000?).  He said he had to spend a few weeks trying to sound just like he did while doing the series.
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2006, 01:00:05 AM »

Several of the cast members have passed away.  It's funny, because several of them were chain smokers.  The most memorable ones would be the ones that voiced Jazz and Starscream.

It's kind of ironic that they would risk their livelihood on a habit like that.  I am certain that a lot of the voice actors that were there don't sound like what they did then.  In fact, some of the voice actors never met each other because they only did scenes they were in together because they used a spider microphone (8 microphones that were connected in a circle and each person read their lines in front of their microphone).

Interesting random fact: The guy who did the voice of the Dinobot Grimlock also voiced Odie in the Garfield cartoons.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2006, 02:05:37 AM »

As long is Optimus has his original voice, I'm good.  Well maybe he and Soundwave.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2006, 02:06:00 AM »

Oh and Optimus' gun better sound like it did.  Or else!
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2006, 02:21:32 AM »

Double posts FTW!

disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2006, 01:30:11 PM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
I read an interview with William Daniels (the guy who did the voice of KITT in Knight Rider) just before that newer version of it came out (was it Knight Rider 2000?).  He said he had to spend a few weeks trying to sound just like he did while doing the series.

an interesting bit of trivia...did you know there's a voice connection between Knight Rider and Transformers?  there's an episode of Knight Rider where you meet KARR, the prototype to KITT, which turned out to be evil because it was not programmed to protect human life.  KARR was in two episodes of Knight Rider, and was voiced by peter cullen in the first...the same guy who did the voices of Optimus Prime and Ironhide in the Transformers Cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 17, 2006, 01:52:08 PM »

Quote from: "disarm"

an interesting bit of trivia...did you know there's a voice connection between Knight Rider and Transformers?  there's an episode of Knight Rider where you meet KARR, the prototype to KITT, which turned out to be evil because it was not programmed to protect human life.  KARR was in two episodes of Knight Rider, and was voiced by peter cullen in the first...the same guy who did the voices of Optimus Prime and Ironhide in the Transformers Cool

I just read that on IMDB this morning!
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2006, 02:23:10 PM »

Quote from: "ATB"

I just read that on IMDB this morning!

unfortunately, i can't claim IMDB as my source...i've watched enough Transformers and Knight Rider over the years that it's something i picked up on a long time ago...

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2006, 09:37:57 PM »

there's an episode of Knight Rider where you meet KARR, the prototype to KITT, which turned out to be evil because it was not programmed to protect human life.  KARR was in two episodes of Knight Rider...

KARR was only in two episodes?  Man, those were the best!  I'm surprised that it was only two since I have such memories of KARR.

I'm going to leave my Knight Rider memories to nostalgia.  There's no way that show is as good now as it was when I was six years old!

unbreakable
« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2006, 05:34:49 PM »

I was always expecting Garth and KARR to team up.  Knight Rider really had the 'evil twin' thing goin on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: