http://gamingtrend.com
December 19, 2014, 04:04:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tr2n trailer(yes that says Tron 2)*sorry bad quality*  (Read 7045 times)
rickfc
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »

Saw it in IMAX 3D this past week and we really enjoyed it.  Didn't give it much thought, and appreciated it for what it was and nothing more.
godhugh

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 05, 2011, 06:34:21 AM »

Saw this tonight in 3D. Visuals and music are great and as a demonstration of those it works fine. But it is an awful, awful, awful movie. Bad acting, incredibly weak story, terrible dialogue, and plot holes big enough to drive a truck through.  thumbsdown
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 05, 2011, 12:55:51 PM »

As someone who saw it in both 2D and 3D I have to say that I prefer the 2D more. I don't know if its the 3D glasses or the fact that the movie was shot in 2D and then converted to 3D but it seems the 3D version is blurrier and the colors more washed out. As an example:

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the scene after Sam is released from jail we see an exterior shot of his home. In the 2D version the word "Dumont" is clearly visible on the side of the gate before it goes up. In the 3D version its blends into the siding and is a little harder to make out.

It could also be the fact that the 3D version was shown in a United Artists theater and the 2D in an AMC theater? In which case I'm never watching in a UA theater house again.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Jiffy
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 05, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »

Quote from: raydude on January 05, 2011, 12:55:51 PM

I don't know if its the 3D glasses or the fact that the movie was shot in 2D and then converted to 3D but it seems the 3D version is blurrier and the colors more washed out.

Other than the purposely 2D shots (the real, non-computer world), Tron was actually shot in 3D, not converted. The scene you described was indeed in 2D though, and 3D glasses in general have been noted for muting colours and causing a bit of smudging/blurriness.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 05, 2011, 03:07:14 PM »

Quote from: Jiffy on January 05, 2011, 01:37:36 PM

Quote from: raydude on January 05, 2011, 12:55:51 PM

I don't know if its the 3D glasses or the fact that the movie was shot in 2D and then converted to 3D but it seems the 3D version is blurrier and the colors more washed out.

Other than the purposely 2D shots (the real, non-computer world), Tron was actually shot in 3D, not converted. The scene you described was indeed in 2D though, and 3D glasses in general have been noted for muting colours and causing a bit of smudging/blurriness.

This.  Real world was purposely 2D.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2011, 03:28:47 PM »

Knowing I'm a big fan of the original film and now the sequel, and having watched the original with me and Moliere one afternoon, a close friend picked this up for me for my birthday:

icon_biggrin

The wife is even starting to be swayed to seeing Legacy in Imax 3D as she's intrigued by the visuals and soundtrack, which ultimately are the primary strengths of the film.  I'd love to see it again and I honestly think she'll enjoy it, especially far more than the original (she mocks me every time it comes up in conversation).

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2011, 03:46:02 PM »

Quote from: Jiffy on January 05, 2011, 01:37:36 PM

... 3D glasses in general have been noted for muting colours and causing a bit of smudging/blurriness.

This explains what I was seeing.

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2011, 05:06:35 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on December 29, 2010, 07:14:26 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on December 29, 2010, 06:59:34 PM

Quote from: naednek on December 23, 2010, 06:39:28 PM

saw this last night.

I like it, story was quite weak, but the special effects were cool, as well as the 3D.  Disappointed in the hot factor of Oliva Wilde, she was just plain looking.

might be time to get your glasses checked (or get some if you don't) slywink

I'm not getting why everyone is drooling over her either.  She's quite average.  The chick in white (Gem?) was waaaaaaaay hotter.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cosplay Tron outfits.

But of course, she's not hot at all. NSFW
Spoiler for Hiden:

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2011, 05:22:53 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on January 15, 2011, 05:06:35 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

bun-  damn, didn't make it.....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2011, 06:08:17 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on January 15, 2011, 05:06:35 PM

Quote from: Gratch on December 29, 2010, 07:14:26 PM

Quote from: Harkonis on December 29, 2010, 06:59:34 PM

Quote from: naednek on December 23, 2010, 06:39:28 PM

saw this last night.

I like it, story was quite weak, but the special effects were cool, as well as the 3D. Disappointed in the hot factor of Oliva Wilde, she was just plain looking.

might be time to get your glasses checked (or get some if you don't) slywink

I'm not getting why everyone is drooling over her either.  She's quite average.  The chick in white (Gem?) was waaaaaaaay hotter.

I'm looking forward to seeing the cosplay Tron outfits.

Spoiler for Hiden:

She looks about a bazillion times hotter in that picture than she did anytime during Tron.

For the record, I don't think she's unattractive, just not overly drool-worthy imo.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:10:18 PM by Gratch » Logged

Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2011, 05:13:36 PM »

Finally caught it this weekend.  As most of the reviews have said, it was a feast for the senses, but in terms of plot, characters, etc., was pretty meh.  While it's been several years since I saw the original, the plots seemed essentially identical (Guy gets pulled into the grid, is forced to play games, escapes and learns what's going on, makes a beeline for the exit), with a little father-son drama thrown in for good measure.  I didn't grasp what the deal with the ISOs was, other than that they were important to the future of mankind - they glossed over what seemed to be an important element of the story.

The biggest distraction for me was Clu - every time he emoted, he looked eerily similar to Prince Charming from the Shrek movies.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:53 AM »

Damn. Not only is the movie fading out of theaters already, the developer of the console and PC game (Propaganda Games) just got axed by Disney:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/entertainmentnewsbuzz/2011/01/disney-game-studio-gets-derezzed.html
In a recent earnings call, Disney Chief Executive Robert A. Iger noted that the games business is undergoing a shift away from consoles toward social and mobile games.

"We've seen a pretty big shift in games from console to what we'll call multiplatform, everything from mobile apps to social networking games," Iger said on the call. "By putting John Pleasants in to run games, not only will he focus on turning those businesses to profitability, but diversifying our presence in the business."
So I managed to receive two games as Xmas gifts from now dead developers (Pandemic and Propaganda). Clearly the secret is to avoid starting your game company's name with "P."

And it would be funny if with all the Consoles vs. PC hulabaloo, that mobile and social network gaming just came along and put everyone else out of business.  icon_razz Afterall, why should game companies pay zillions for development if they can pay small teams for mobile games and make a mint at 99 cents to $4.99 or so? I don't want that per se, but if I were a "suit," it would sound compelling.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: January 20, 2011, 06:19:16 AM »

Considering this movie has been in the theater for over a month I think it's done moderately well.  It's not the huge blockbuster that I would have hoped for, but when I saw it at the IMAX 3D theater a week and a half ago, the entire theater was full.  I was happily surprised by that.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 20, 2011, 06:18:00 PM »

I'm not surprised about them shutting down Propaganda - which is a local studio where I live. Their Tron Evolution game was poor and even though Turok sold very well, it didn't exactly wow the criticis or gaming community. Disney really should have let them focus on handhelds, as their Tron Killer App for GBA was a decent game and showed a lot of promise. I wish Disney would try to find a studio that can produce something quality along the lines of Tron 2 PC, but it sounds like they're not too keen on such platforms. Maybe they should take a look last months' Epic Mickey sales again.   eek

As to Tron box office numbers - does anyone here have the actual figures?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 06:20:32 PM by kronovan » Logged
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #94 on: January 20, 2011, 06:26:16 PM »

Quote from: kronovan on January 20, 2011, 06:18:00 PM

I'm not surprised about them shutting down Propaganda - which is a local studio where I live. Their Tron Evolution game was poor and even though Turok sold very well, it didn't exactly wow the criticis or gaming community. Disney really should have let them focus on handhelds, as their Tron Killer App for GBA was a decent game and showed a lot of promise. I wish Disney would try to find a studio that can produce something quality along the lines of Tron 2 PC, but it sounds like they're not too keen on such platforms. Maybe they should take a look last months' Epic Mickey sales again.   eek

As to Tron box office numbers - does anyone here have the actual figures?

$329 M worldwide according to boxofficemojo.com - http://boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=tron2.htm

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 23, 2011, 01:58:08 AM »

rumor 1: Tron and Tron legacy will be hitting blu ray in April.

rumor 2:  there will be a special teaser included on the discs.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 23, 2011, 04:11:18 AM »

Just got back from it in IMax 3D.  While I appreciate Cinemark not pulling it for Green Hornet like my local AMC theater did, I was getting some twinning in the showing.  I'm not a fan of Cinemark from way back and the issues, while not completely distracting, were yet another reminder of why I don't go there without a compelling reason.

I will be picking this up on BR immediately, especially if it comes with a Tron 2-pack. 

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 23, 2011, 04:19:34 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on January 23, 2011, 04:11:18 AM

Just got back from it in IMax 3D.  While I appreciate Cinemark not pulling it for Green Hornet like my local AMC theater did,

that's the problem with everything going 3D nowadays-  good films have a better chance of getting their 3D version pulled for crap.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 23, 2011, 05:16:14 AM »

Also just saw it in 3D IMAX (with "buttkickers" and they kicked a lot!). First impressions:

1. I was expecting Clu to look wonky based on what everyone has been saying, but I thought he looked really good. There were a couple of points where it had sort of a "Polar Express" effect, but if I wasn't looking so hard for imperfections, I might not even had noticed that. Go figure.

2. My biggest disappointment was that the film didn't end with a reworking of the original Tron theme. That is one of my favorite movie themes of all time and I can't believe they ignored it.

By the way, did every 3D version begin with a message that part of the film is purposefully in 2D? I know someone had said they thought part of the film didn't look 3D, so it sounded like their version didn't have that message.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 05:18:27 AM by Teggy » Logged

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 23, 2011, 06:23:43 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 23, 2011, 05:16:14 AM

Also just saw it in 3D IMAX (with "buttkickers" and they kicked a lot!).

Every time we go to an IMAX movie now, we can't help but quote the Jordan Furniture guy a bunch of times before the show even starts.  "They're called buttkickers!  Yeah, that's right, buttkickers!"
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #100 on: January 24, 2011, 06:00:24 AM »

Quote from: Teggy on January 23, 2011, 05:16:14 AM

By the way, did every 3D version begin with a message that part of the film is purposefully in 2D? I know someone had said they thought part of the film didn't look 3D, so it sounded like their version didn't have that message.

Correct. When they showed the past, it was in 2D (per design). And I saw that message just before the movie started in mine.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 16, 2011, 09:16:59 PM »

More detail on the Tron: Legacy and Tron re-releases on BluRay and DVD than you ever wanted to know......
http://collider.com/tron-tron-legacy-blu-ray-details/75818/

It looks like the original Tron will be available as just a plain old 2-DVD set, I wasn't sure after reading some earlier tidbits about it.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 05, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »

just got my blu ray copies of Tron and Tron Legacy delivered, hopefully going to get to see them tonight.  I've already seen one review out:

http://bluray.highdefdigest.com/4684/tron_tronlegacy3d.html

it says this is probably the best classic Tron is going to look.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 06, 2011, 12:15:20 AM »

As my birthday is in just over a month (is the calendar still borked? ... Yup, still borked), this is on my birthday request list.  If it is not gifted upon me, it will be purchased by me.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 06, 2011, 01:08:34 AM »

wow, the 1080p transfer for Tron is incredible.  with maybe one exception (there's one scene where the ski color seems off) the real world scenes are so clear they look like they could have been filmed yesterday.  the grid scenes are really clear too, but it seems odd to see them so clear.

Because I can,
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 09, 2011, 07:54:00 PM »

You never need a specific reason for Ziggy.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 09, 2011, 07:59:04 PM »

Planning to pick up Legacy today and having a Tron marathon later tonight.  A friend wanted to see Legacy in theaters but never got the chance and he's never seen the original.  So we're going to watch both back-to-back.  I may even don my "Flynn's Arcade" T-shirt.   Bring your own!

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 09, 2011, 08:49:10 PM »

I'm looking to spring for Tron Legacy Blu-ray today. I think I'm going to hold off on upgrading my Tron 20th Anniversary to Blu-ray though, since these are selling for $37 CDN at the better priced store in my area.  Are they that expensive in the USA too?

I love the list of extras for Legacy - heck that rivals the 20th Anni edition.
First Look at TRON: Uprising, the Disney XD animated series
Visualizing TRON - How did the filmmakers bring to life the gorgeous world inside the GRID?
Installing the cast - Hear from all the stars of TRON: Legacy and their experience in making the movie
The Next Day: Flynn Lives Revealed [BD exclusive - interactive bonus piece] - What happens immediately following the end of the movie? What is Flynn Lives, and who is responsible for their efforts?
TRON: Disney Second Screen [BD exclusive - interactive bonus piece] - Using your iPad or computer, watch the movie with exclusive interactive elements available on your second screen (English only)
Launching the Legacy - Beyond the amazing visuals is a rich story filled with an entire world's history and mythology. Discover how the writers and filmmakers created this complex fiction
Disc Roars - Watch director Joseph Kosinski use the raucous crowd at Comic-Con to record actual ADR for the disc game stadium crowd
Music video - ''Derezzed'' written, produced and performed by Daft Punk
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 09, 2011, 08:56:37 PM »

Plus there are 9 Easter eggs on the Legacy disc.

Because I can,
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: