http://gamingtrend.com
April 25, 2014, 12:31:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tr2n trailer(yes that says Tron 2)*sorry bad quality*  (Read 6877 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2008, 05:21:53 PM »

not great quality infact the quality is terrible,crooked and very small,but stick with it(2minutes 32 seconds),it has a lot of lightcycle action,the special effects look awesome...and very cool...and Jeff Bridges being in it suprised me as well

seems the lightcycle stream can do better than rightangles all the time,but then again if this is another game,seems that it is upto date and the 'graphics' can do that now

oh and like Se7en...instead of Tron 2,i think its Tr2n...which is a bit er.... saywhat

Gizmodo.com link

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 07:19:09 PM »

That came out of ComiCon and I've been waiting ever since for a decent version of it to hit the net.  I hate the naming convention, but I look forward to the movie. smile

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »

well color me excited!! that looks damn fun!

IN!

A new one
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 08:02:08 PM »

Lightcycles FTW.

Can't wait to see that on the big screen.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2008, 12:06:41 AM »

sweet!  they still have time to come to their senses and call it Tron 2.0 or Tron 2009 or something other than Tr2n.  Tr2n it trtwon, not Tron  thumbsdown

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 02:41:57 AM »

Tron: XBox Live Arcade Original?

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2008, 10:45:43 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2008, 12:06:41 AM

sweet!  they still have time to come to their senses and call it Tron 2.0 or Tron 2009 or something other than Tr2n.  Tr2n it trtwon, not Tron  thumbsdown

according to IMDB its set for release in 2011<<<< saywhat disgust

but this site(which has a tr2n trailer from a different angle and is much better quality)say they expect it in 2010..still a while away yet

http://tron-2-trailer.blogspot.com/

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
JSL

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2008, 08:42:26 PM »

The trailer is very cool, but I was expecting it to come out next year.  disgust
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2008, 11:48:53 PM »

Tron 2k11

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2008, 01:01:53 AM »

I can't wait to see how they are going to bridge the story line from the first!   It looks awesome.
Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2008, 01:24:29 AM »

I miss that MCP and his EOL.  icon_biggrin

I am very much looking forward to this.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »

here's a script review.  obviously there are spoilers, so here's the opening bit if you're worried about seeing something you don't want to:

A look at an early draft of  Tron 2 reveals a script filled with problems and potential.

It's a sequel in the Die Hard 2 sense of the term. Meaning, it's less a pure continuation of the original narrative like The Empire Strikes Back and more a dutiful remake told on a larger scale and with a bigger budget. You know, like most sequels.
I don't begrudge it for being that. I love the original Tron, but my biggest problem with it is its length. It's too short by half an hour. Steven Lisberger, the animator and brains behind the 1982 cult classic, undoubtedly poured most of his budget into Jeff Bridges' salary and the movie's fantastic bleeding-edge CGI. He probably had to keep it short and sweet.

But man Lisberger packed his original movie with invention. Over the years, we've seen dozens of movies revisit virtual reality, cyberspace and the basic idea of going inside a computer, from the terrible (The Lawnmower Man) to the great (The Matrix), but Lisberger's movie has retained a lot of its charm over the years for its simple conceit that the programs we write have lives of their own, all without us knowing it. I wanted to see more of that world. It's worth exploring again, though the draft of Tron 2 I read didn't explore this world or the interesting ideas Lisberger introduced with the depth I'd like to see.

Before I go on, let's get the caveats out of the way. Richard Jeffries receives sole writing credit on the draft I read, though the IMDb lists Lost scribe Edward Kitsis as a writer, too.

Because I can,
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 02:25:50 AM »

That looks OMFG hawt. I love that the crowd cheered.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 10:25:56 PM »

Latest trailer in HD...my god...

Oh and its now called Tron Legacy.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Sparhawk

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 11:00:39 PM »

Wow that looks amazing!

PSN: Kal_Torok
Xbox Live: Sparhawk GT
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »

Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2009, 08:00:54 PM »

I'm *absolutely* in for this.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2009, 08:02:16 PM »

Same - the design just looks badass..!

A new one
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2009, 08:28:40 PM »

Since I did at age 17 see Tron in a theater in Summer 1982 in Virginia on my annual visit back from Korea (by myself - my friends thought it sounded stupid, and probably they were dismayed Cindy Morgan didn't have a topless scene as in Caddyshack drool), I can say... it'll have been 28 years since the last movie, not 25. Apparently Jeff Bridges' character has invented computer time travel as well. Very clever...  icon_razz

I think it's also time for a grumpy old man like me to also wave my cane and holler "The Light Cycle game is a ripoff of Taito's 1981 arcade game Qix! Harumph!"  disgust icon_smile It is funny that I've seen old Qix console reviews that said "this reminds me of the Tron light cycle game!"  Roll Eyes We had a Tron light cycle arcade game near my campus in 1983 (maybe we had one in one of our dorm buildings, i can't quite remember), and I really enjoyed any opportunity to play it.

Although I've never heard of the young actors, that's maybe for the best. Some better known young actors bring so much baggage. I hope they've written a story worth sitting through. Unlike in 1982, computer-generated special effects are not exactly unique today.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 08:37:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2009, 09:05:55 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 09, 2009, 08:28:40 PM

I think it's also time for a grumpy old man like me to also wave my cane and holler "The Light Cycle game is a ripoff of Taito's 1981 arcade game Qix! Harumph!"  disgust icon_smile It is funny that I've seen old Qix console reviews that said "this reminds me of the Tron light cycle game!"  Roll Eyes We had a Tron light cycle arcade game near my campus in 1983 (maybe we had one in one of our dorm buildings, i can't quite remember), and I really enjoyed any opportunity to play it.

If you want to get technical (and considering it regards ancient videogame history, I do!), Atari's Surround predated Tron by nearly 5 years, and was so similar I'm quite surprised Atari/Warner didn't try to sue Disney for such a blatant duplication.

http://www.atarihq.com/reviews/2600/surround.html

...which was in turn a copy of an obscure arcade game called Barricade from the previous year

http://klov.com/game_detail.php?game_id=7016

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 09:11:44 PM by Laner » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2010, 10:46:30 PM »

I don't know how objective a Moviefone review's going to be, but here ya go...

'Tron: Legacy' Review: A Thrilling, Evocative, and Utterly Satisfying Piece of Entertainment
http://blog.moviefone.com/2010/12/03/tron-legacy-review/
As a longtime fan of the 1982 original, I must confess to a certain willingness to give this sequel/follow-up the benefit of the doubt, although by no means would I be or am I now blind to its shortcomings. But there is an undeniable singularity to the accomplishments of first-time director Joseph Kosinski and his cast and crew that really does make it a special, vaguely nostalgic but also futuristic fable, a time capsule and fortune teller bottled up together inside the prettiest piece of pop art you've ever seen. Moreover, it's not in spite but precisely because of the wonky, unusual feeling it produces that 'Tron: Legacy' is a thrilling, evocative, and utterly satisfying piece of entertainment.
He has seen it 3 times already.  icon_smile

Apparently the tech to have Bridges play himself as the younger villain isn't as seamless as Avatar's effects. Though it could be interesting down the road if the tech improved. Would you have, say, a 75 year old Harrison Ford playing a digital version of himself at 38 (his age when he did Raiders of the Lost Ark) as Indiana Jones? Or age Sigourney Weaver back into her 30s for another Alien flick? The mind reels.  icon_razz It sounds ridiculous, but probably no more so than the idea of a wholly greenscreened film like 300 might have a couple decades ago.

If this and next summer's Cowboys & Aliens are both hits, I guess Olivia Wilde (House) will have to cope with becoming the new It Girl.   Fabulous
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 10:55:59 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2010, 10:55:28 PM »

I'm kind of mystified as to how they haven't reissued a DVD of the original so people could get caught up before this comes out... you can't buy it, netflix doesn't have it... what the hell?
Biyobi

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2010, 05:11:01 AM »

Quote from: kratz on December 06, 2010, 10:55:28 PM

I'm kind of mystified as to how they haven't reissued a DVD of the original so people could get caught up before this comes out... you can't buy it, netflix doesn't have it... what the hell?

It's almost like they want you to get the torrent.  ninja

Fortunately for me, the movie was on cable over the summer and I DVR'd it.  I think I've watched it a half dozen times since then.
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2010, 05:45:52 AM »

I have the original on DVD but would love to get a remastered version on BR to watch before seeing the second in the theater.  It's been a long time since I watched the first one smile
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2010, 12:06:43 PM »

Quote from: kratz on December 06, 2010, 10:55:28 PM

Bill Hunt at thedigitalbits.com suggested that the reason they didn't do a reissue to build hype for the new movie is that they didn't want to scare off the mainstream audience that wasn't familiar with the original..

One other brief note: A lot of you have asked why Disney hasn't released the original TRON on Blu-ray as part of the build-up to the 12/16 debut of the sequel, TRON: Legacy, in theatres. I don't have special knowledge on this (though I'll certainly ask the studio), but having seen the original film recently in high-def on HDNet, my guess would be that the studio feared it might scare off mainstream audiences. The original TRON, fond of it though we are, doesn't really have a lot of mainstream appeal these days. And clearly, just judging by its current marketing campaign alone, Disney is doing everything it can to make TRON: Legacy a more mainstream 3D movie event - something that both honors the original TRON but also reaches audiences WELL beyond those of the original film. Given that, if I had to bet, I'd lay money that you'll see both TRON and TRON: Legacy arrive on Blu-ray, Blu-ray 3D and DVD on the same street date next year, probably individually and in a box set as well.

The movie is very much a product of it's time (both in terms of effects and the "computers are big scary things you should be afraid of" theme), and if you're not already familiar with it, it looks *really* dated - probably not the vibe Disney wants to portray for the new flick.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 06:05:56 PM by Laner » Logged
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2010, 02:56:08 PM »

The Moviefone reviewer was quick to say you don't need to have seen the original Tron to enjoy or understand Tron: Legacy at all (i.e., there's enough exposition to get you up to speed - I sense that's probably why Bruce Boxleitner's character is there, to provide that back-history story on the fly) -- but you'll probably get more of a kick out of certain sequences, and you'll feel more nostalgia than someone who hadn't.

I'm sure they'll polish up the 1982 film with a nice remastering or something. I don't sense a George Lucas-type desire to spiff up its effects or a Spielberg political-correctness desire (replacing the federal agents' handguns with walkie-talkies in E.T.) to change something else. Tron is really sort of a "historical document" as far as computerized effects go, so they'd probably just as soon you still see it with the zipper running up its back, so to speak.  icon_smile

My best friend was in town recently, and we talked about trying to see it during the holidays. I remind him that he and another pal specifically refused to see it with me back in summer 1982 when I was on summer visit from Korea, and so I saw it myself in a nearly empty theater (he and I did see E.T., and Blade Runner that summer together), and later in the summer saw John Carpenter's "The Thing" in the same place.

I remember some critics dismissing Tron as watered down Star Wars (Bridges as Han Solo, Boxleitner as Luke Skywalker, Cindy Morgan as Leia, David Warner as Darth Vader etc.) when it released. I still quite enjoyed it, and it didn't look like anything else did at that time. Maybe the audience didn't know what to make of it, and Disney (not known for much more than animated kiddie flix at the time) wasn't quite sure how to market it. It might've had a better chance releasing somewhere other than the middle of summer during E.T.'s then-historic box office run.

While Tron was ballyhooed for computer effects in 1982, the underappreciated "The Last Starfighter" in 1984 was perhaps more meaningful in terms of putting computer effects on a mass scale on screen -- though Tron clearly sort of switched the light bulb on.  icon_smile Though I'm still of a mind that really good miniatures and stop-motion camera work still seems to look better and "weightier" for some things, though it's clearly either a dead or dying art at this point.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 03:02:41 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 07, 2010, 03:33:35 PM »

As an FYI, MovieTickets.com already has tickets on sale.  If folks plan on catching the Imax 3D showing, when my wife and I went to see Avatar we had to buy tickets a week in advance as shows would sell out days before the actual showing (we only have one Imax theater in the area).  I'm probably going to grab my tickets today so that I have them.  I've advised Moliere to do the same so that we can catch the first show Friday morning at our area Imax theater.   drool

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 07, 2010, 06:04:43 PM »

Amazon has the Daft Punk soundtrack for $3.99 today
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 07, 2010, 07:47:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 07, 2010, 02:56:08 PM

The Moviefone reviewer was quick to say you don't need to have seen the original hadn't.

I'm sure they'll polish up the 1982 film with a nice remastering or something.

The 20th anniversary cut released in 2002 is acutally quite good and has some of the best DTS audio I've ever heard in a DVD - including Silver Bit disks. It's not HD, but it upscales very nicely to 1080p due to the good SDef source.

I remember some critics dismissing Tron as watered down Star Wars (Bridges as Han Solo, Boxleitner as Luke Skywalker, Cindy Morgan as Leia, David Warner as Darth Vader etc.) when it released. I still quite enjoyed it, and it didn't look like anything else did at that time.

This was my biggest beef with the critics at the time, IMO it only marginally resembled Star Wars. Something that's easy to forget now, but it released at a time when only a small portion of the population was familiar with computer terms like Bit, CPU and RAM. For sure in none of the reviews I read back in the day, did any of the critics have a clue. A lot of them just saw the Tron setting within the mainframe computer as a simpler, colorful Star Was Universe. I think to really appreciate the movie you have to understand the clever inclusion of computer tech. In contrast, by the time the Reboot animation series came on the air in the 90's, far more people got the use of such terms and appreciated it more.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2010, 03:07:10 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

As an FYI, MovieTickets.com already has tickets on sale.  If folks plan on catching the Imax 3D showing, when my wife and I went to see Avatar we had to buy tickets a week in advance as shows would sell out days before the actual showing (we only have one Imax theater in the area).  I'm probably going to grab my tickets today so that I have them.  I've advised Moliere to do the same so that we can catch the first show Friday morning at our area Imax theater.   drool

For our team outing for this quarter I'm taking my entire team to see Tron Legacy and then go next door to the Gameworks for a few hours.  It's not Flynn's but it'll have to do.  smile

Maybe we'll see you at the show on Friday Pete?  We'll be at the 4:20pm showing.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2010, 04:02:48 PM »

Quote from: Laner on December 07, 2010, 06:04:43 PM

Amazon has the Daft Punk soundtrack for $3.99 today

Everyone needs to buy this.  Immediately.

kratz

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2010, 04:44:15 PM »

Good lord no, why would I want that?
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 08, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »

Quote from: kratz on December 08, 2010, 04:44:15 PM

Because it's outstanding.  Have you listened to any of it yet?

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2010, 03:42:51 PM »

Hey, Jeff Bridges was on Tonight Show yesterday. He's in the odd position of having two films (Tron on Dec. 17, and True Grit on Dec. 22) open within a week of each other. Bizarre, no?  confused

He talked a bit about the motion capture work to play the younger "evil" version of his character. An interesting thing he said was that the motion capture animators were trying to replicate his look in the 1984 film "Against All Odds" (w/ Rachel Ward and James Bridges, though it's maybe better known for Phil Collins' title track hit song), working off footage from it, rather than from the original Tron. Perhaps too much of the footage from the original film had funky lighting.

Some early reviews said the "young Jeff Bridges" looked more like he did in Starman (for which he got his first Best Actor Oscar nomination), which also came out in 1984. But perhaps that film also had too many effects sequences with goofy lighting. And since he was playing the alien as emotion-less for much of it, it might not have lent itself to motion-capture in terms of variety in facial expressions.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2010, 03:44:33 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 08, 2010, 05:56:48 PM

The Grid is FANTASTIC work.  The Recognizer is also impressive work.   Daft Punk really outdid themselves with this soundtrack.  I'm not a big OST purchase guy, but this is a great exception to the rule.

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on December 08, 2010, 03:07:10 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 07, 2010, 03:33:35 PM

As an FYI, MovieTickets.com already has tickets on sale.  If folks plan on catching the Imax 3D showing, when my wife and I went to see Avatar we had to buy tickets a week in advance as shows would sell out days before the actual showing (we only have one Imax theater in the area).  I'm probably going to grab my tickets today so that I have them.  I've advised Moliere to do the same so that we can catch the first show Friday morning at our area Imax theater.   drool

For our team outing for this quarter I'm taking my entire team to see Tron Legacy and then go next door to the Gameworks for a few hours.  It's not Flynn's but it'll have to do.  smile

Maybe we'll see you at the show on Friday Pete?  We'll be at the 4:20pm showing.
I remember last Christmas my best friend was in town and we went to see Avatar at a mall. It was sold out all that night, and several shows for the following day too. I ended up seeing it in March, I think.

I'm not fully convinced Tron Legacy is going to draw that sort of rabid moviegoer interest, but I might look into advance tickets here soon, just in case.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2010, 07:09:01 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 09, 2010, 03:42:51 PM

Hey, Jeff Bridges was on Tonight Show yesterday. He's in the odd position of having two films (Tron on Dec. 17, and True Grit on Dec. 22) open within a week of each other. Bizarre, no?  confused

He talked a bit about the motion capture work to play the younger "evil" version of his character. An interesting thing he said was that the motion capture animators were trying to replicate his look in the 1984 film "Against All Odds" (w/ Rachel Ward and James Bridges, though it's maybe better known for Phil Collins' title track hit song), working off footage from it, rather than from the original Tron. Perhaps too much of the footage from the original film had funky lighting.
Maybe it was because he had a funky cap on for most of the movie.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 10, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on December 08, 2010, 05:56:48 PM

I'm going through my first listen through now and enjoying it greatly.  I like Daft Punk to begin with, so the cheap purchase was a no brainer.  It's not all electronica, as there's an orchestra in there as well.  It's a really good mix.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 10, 2010, 07:39:08 PM »

They must have picked poorly when they picked the samples; I listened to a bunch of them and none of them screamed 'buy me!'

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2010, 07:59:06 PM »

Heartbreak of the day: I just had to pass on a free pass to a Wednesday showing in IMAX 3d because I have other plans I can't break  crybaby

Because I can,
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: