http://gamingtrend.com
July 26, 2014, 01:32:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toy Story 3 In Production  (Read 871 times)
Eel Snave
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 19, 2006, 06:50:02 PM »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0435761/

Hm.  Interesting.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2006, 07:18:38 PM »

I still need to see the first two.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2006, 07:53:32 PM »

yeeesh, IMDB needs to update their info.  Lasseter formally killed this 'Disney without Pixar' sequel when Pixar was sold to Disney.

It ain't happenin.

*edit- After a little research, it looks like they have gone ahead once again on production.  With the reins firmly in the hands of Pixar again I'd be willing to bet that the story changes considerably.

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2006, 08:42:02 PM »

I will only watch it if they can get Tom Hanks and Tim Allen to do it.

Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2006, 08:56:41 PM »

I know there was some rumour floating around that the third movie would/could involve some sort of Buzz Lightyear recall, and the rest of the toy chest running to the rescue to save their Buzz.

I have faith in Pixar, if Pixar is involved.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2006, 08:57:42 PM »

TS2 is still the best pixar film IMO.  I hope this is really going to happen and that it lives up to the precedent set by the first 2.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2006, 11:43:04 PM »

Wow.  This has been in development hell for a long while.  I have ultimate faith in Pixar, but I have NO faith in Disney.  We'll see what hands are involved in this project and see where it goes.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
unbreakable
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2006, 01:22:25 AM »

I actually heard a bit of good things re: the buyout of Pixar... it is being viewed as a sort of "reverse merger", in that Pixar exec are getting very high placement within Disney, in the hopes that what Pixar does right will hopefully help Disney, rather than Disney dragging down Pixar (as was the case with the HP/Compaq merger).

Anyway, TS and TS2 kicked total butt.  If anyone hasn't seen them, they really owe it to themselves to watch them.  Good times.
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2006, 02:10:39 AM »

The way Disney bought Pixar (basically handing over the keys to the castle to Pixar execs) was the best thing to happen to Disney Animation since the hiring of Jeffrey Katzenberg.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2006, 04:23:32 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
I know there was some rumour floating around that the third movie would/could involve some sort of Buzz Lightyear recall, and the rest of the toy chest running to the rescue to save their Buzz.

I have faith in Pixar, if Pixar is involved.

There was a great article about this whole mess in the current Entertainment Weekly magazine.

That was the proposed story line that was being developed by the disney studio Circle 7 (or circle 5 -- can't remember the exact name). That project was immediately killed once Pixar took over the reigns of disney animation and Circle 7 was disbanded and most of the employees were incorporated into other parts of disney.  Supposedly Circle 7 was also working on sequels to Finding Nemo and Monsters, inc but no details were revealed on what was being thought for those.

The article mentioned that there will be a Toy Story 3 with the story written by John Lasseter as something that he had planned for the series that would bring it to a final conclusion (i.e. no Toy Story 4).
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2006, 05:31:37 AM »

... and there was also the kindergarten storyline where ... who was it? Andy? ... grew up, and the toys had been given to a local school.

I think both concepts had potential, but I know full well that it's the details that make or break a movie/book/television show/etc.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2006, 06:20:22 AM »

As long as they keep making entertaining movies that are fun to look at I really don't care who owns them.

Toys Story 3 sounds good to me. Let's hope Pixar stays on their streak and makes yet another great film.

Though I have little desire to see Cars, I probably will anyway just because it's them.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
WinoMcCougarstein

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2006, 07:06:24 AM »

Quote from: "Thin_J"
As long as they keep making entertaining movies that are fun to look at I really don't care who owns them.

Toys Story 3 sounds good to me. Let's hope Pixar stays on their streak and makes yet another great film.

Though I have little desire to see Cars, I probably will anyway just because it's them.

I didnt have that much desire to see Cars either and I am a Pixar junkie.  But I must say it really was a good movie and was better than what I was expecting.  If you like Pixar, go see it!

PaulBot

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2006, 04:28:53 PM »

Hopefully this doesn't turn into the Duke Nukem Forever of films  biggrin

CEO of the GT Post Padders Club
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: