http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 01:30:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Torchwood, anyone else watch it? Come, please, let me know what's going on here?  (Read 695 times)
mirage775
Gaming Trend Senior Member

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« on: January 23, 2008, 09:49:14 PM »

OK guys, I'm really into the new Dr. Who series, (grew up watching the old Dr. Who series), where I first saw Captain Jack Harkness at and when Torchwood premiered, I watched it and thought it was awesome!  Been watching ever since, until the episode with the alien heart-eating slut had sex or whatever with Toshiko.  OK...., that was a little odd in my opinion and after that, I missed a few episodes....  But I watched that 7 hour marathon they had this past Sunday and was getting back into it, until the episode called "Captain Jack Harness" came on and near the end when Jack had a homosexual scene with the real Captain Jack in 1941, I was like, "What the hell.....?"  Then, in past episodes, it seems like Owen is sleeping with everyone he works with and Gwen loves her boyfriend so much, but stays at Owens more than Reese.....????  So, to me, what started as a much cooler, futuristic X-Files type show, has now sorta become a gay/lesbian, cheat on your bf/gf night time soap opera.  What do yall think?  I'm not trying to bash the show or anything or start a flame war, I just want to know if someone can shine some light on this for me?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 04:23:11 AM by mirage775 » Logged

Xbox LIVE: Mirage775
Steam: Mirage775
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »

From the episodes I've seen, you've got the right of it. Started out as a cool/quirky sci-fi show with a bit of an adult edge, ended up mostly "adult edge" with a minor tinge of cool/quirky sci-fi.

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2008, 05:44:46 AM »

Yeah, after that man to man erotic kissing the other night, I'm unsure how the rest of the series will be...?  I was gonna buy the season 1 dvd when it comes out next month, but totally unsure now.  Maybe this weekends episode will explain some crap better?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2008, 07:54:22 AM »

this weekend should the start of the new season.  I watched the first season and thought it was OK, it didn't seem to change much over the course of the season though.  There was a comment in one of the early episodes that pretty much gives away the fact that Jack is at least bi sexual (something about one of the guys being there only as Jacks occasional shag).   I still plan on watching season 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
walTer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2008, 07:46:37 PM »

Ok so you DO know that Jack has been gay or at least swinging both ways since he was introduced in Dr Who?

I am very much looking forward to the series starting up- I think I just like the fact that British TV seems to not pull their punches like ours does. 

I gotta say tho', that kiss was um, tough to watch.
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2008, 09:32:26 PM »

Quote from: walTer on January 25, 2008, 07:46:37 PM

Ok so you DO know that Jack has been gay or at least swinging both ways since he was introduced in Dr Who?

No, I did not know that...  I just ordered all 3 seasons of Dr. Who, so now I can catch up to so many I've missed.  I was wondering if it was the British thing too, they are totally different than here.  I mean they say, "shit" several times an episode and in every episode it seems like.  I don't hate the series, I plan to watch the new one this weekend, maybe answer some things.  I'm assuming that the Doctor came back and took him somewhere on the Finale?

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 03:38:22 AM »

Jack has been in a few different episodes of Who. Quite a few if
Spoiler for Hiden:
you count his faces of Bo episodes

Spoiler for Hiden:
As was mentioned Jack is openly Bi and when people bring this up in various episodes, he thinks they are wierd for not being Bi. This is based on his culture where he comes from.
mirage775

More than Meets the Eye!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2008, 03:50:24 PM »

Ah!  Well, I watched the new season premier last night and, man, there was a lot of male to male kissing and Jack almost says he loves Gwen and later asks Yato(sp?) on a date.  My wife was watching it with me and she agrees it's getting weird.  She said the same thing I did, they're British and I've noticed that they do a lot of things so much different than the US...  The new episode last night was more strange than when I posted this topic.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2008, 04:10:16 AM »

Quote from: mirage775 on January 27, 2008, 03:50:24 PM

Ah!  Well, I watched the new season premier last night and, man, there was a lot of male to male kissing and Jack almost says he loves Gwen and later asks Yato(sp?) on a date.  My wife was watching it with me and she agrees it's getting weird.  She said the same thing I did, they're British and I've noticed that they do a lot of things so much different than the US...  The new episode last night was more strange than when I posted this topic.

yeah, 2 guys making out, and one of them was SPIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  eek eek eek eek eek eek eek eek

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: