http://gamingtrend.com
April 18, 2014, 02:23:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TiVo Stream  (Read 138 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2012, 06:45:18 PM »

So I picked up a TiVo Stream because it was pretty inevitable that I'd get one at some point. Install was par for the course with TiVo stuff - I had to do some restarts here and there but eventually got it all going. Once it was working on my iPad, any other device set up without any issue.

I really thought it would just be a fun curiosity, but now that I have it, I actually think it's pretty cool. It's totally integrated with the TiVo iPad and iPhone apps, so you just pull up a Premiere (I have two at the moment), pick a show and play. That and download so you can watch on the go are the basic functions. The thing I found that makes it a little cooler is that you can watch a channel live if you have a free tuner anywhere. So if I am sitting in bed and my wife is watching something but I want to watch something else, I can pull up the guide and stream whatever is on. It records it, but no big deal, when I'm done, just use the app to stop the recording and delete it. What would be amazing is if it let you just stream the buffer and switch easily between shows, but it's still a nice feature.

Also cool is that it works with Powerline even though they say it won't. YMMV, I suppose, but it's working great in my setup.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: