http://gamingtrend.com
July 23, 2014, 01:36:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Tim Burton Animated-Frankenweenie  (Read 238 times)
metallicorphan
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: August 23, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

Trailer 1

Trailer 2

Anyone in for this?,again i am not sure if it would be a cinema trip but certainly DVD

A kid(Victor Frankenstein)makes Home-Made Horror Movies starring his dog(Sparky),when his dog gets run over and killed he decides to conduct an experiment to bring him back

From the trailers you can see this is a Doggy version of Frankenstein(mainly the old Universal versions),you can see many tip of the hat to the old movies..the same camera angles for the platform raised to the open roof or the Windmill scene for example

I loved both A Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride so I am sure I will love this

It's out October 5th

some things of note
-It's entirely Black and White,stop motion animation in the style of Corpse Bride
-No Johnny Depp or Helena Bonham Carter
-Martin Short,Christopher Lee and Winona Ryder star

-This is actually a remake of Tim Burtons own Frankenweenie Short that was made in 1984 for Disney and was deemed too scary for Family Audiences and Burton was fired for wasting their resources,according to IMDB the short later appeared on the DVD version A Nightmare Before Christmas(which was Disney)...i know it's not on my Special Edition of the DVD,so either it was on a later or earlier DVD version or its an extra on the Region 1 DVD,the short starred Shelly Duvall,Daniel Stern and a young Sofia Coppola..oh and that kid from Never Ending Story

EDIT:Tell a lie,it is on my DVD,just not listed on the back,watching it now thumbsup

EDIT 2: Well that was fun,although i have realised i have probably just spoilt the animated version for myself now,oh well  icon_confused
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:56:10 PM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 04:43:53 PM »

Iím one of about two people who hated Nightmare.  Iíve seen it three times because it perplexes me how everyone seems to enjoy it except me.  The first was as a kid in theaters where I hated it.  Again in college when I figured it had to be better than I remembered but ended up finding it horridly unpleasant.  And finally a few months ago when I fell asleep halfway through out of boredom. 

There were a couple scenes I liked in Corpse Bride but that one is very far down on my list of movies Iíll ever watch again.

I saw the trailer for Frankenweenie in front of the Dark Night Rises and got horrible flashbacks to Nightmare so I think I will sit this one out and let the rest of you enjoy your weird unpleasant movies.   icon_razz
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2012, 10:52:39 AM »

Gee, I hope they have the mic turned on for this one... b'cuz in Corpse Bride, it felt like you were trying to listen to the dialog through the surround speakers alone.  *Fist Shaking*

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: