http://gamingtrend.com
September 18, 2014, 11:57:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This makes Sahara sound kind of cool...  (Read 937 times)
Dafones
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 30, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

Just a review (of sorts) sent in to Aint it Cool. The reviewer, Pyul MacTackle, is generally pretty with it when it comes to his reviews, so if he liked it, I want to pay closer attention.

I thought the trailers looked like horse sh!t - National Treasure in a sandbox - but then he said...

Don’t let the lousy trailers or the mediocre TV spot that’s trying to convince you its ‘National Treasure’ scare you away. This movie is solid and is gonna catch a lot of people off guard.

That makes me even more curious. It's Sin City this weekend, and maybe Sahara the next. I'm up for a few good flicks.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
Kagath

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2005, 07:15:42 PM »

Actually I would be rather happy if this was close to National Treasure. I was suprised by how good it was. If Sahara is close to that, then I will for sure make a point to check it out.

Playing: ? 360 | ? | BF4 PC / XB1 | ? - WINGS *are* shit lately.
PSN/Live: MrStark77
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2005, 07:35:36 PM »

I really have enjoyed the Dirk Pitt books over the years and have always wanted to see a movie done with that series, Raise the Titanic doesn't count.

I was worried though when I saw the director's name, since it seemed to be a case of somone's son getting handed a 'who cares how this comes out?' movie to make his daddy happy.

I also was very disappointed in the casting of Matthew Mcconawhatever as Pitt, even more so the apparent casting of Steve Zahn as Al.  What the hell is that about!?!?!

I like Penelope Cruz though, and I think she fits right in with the type of female characters of the books.

So I guess reviews will make or break this movie for me. I'd be interested in reading what CG have to say about it.
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2005, 08:22:43 PM »

It looks all right. Matinee if it gets good reviews methinks.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2005, 12:04:21 AM »

Previews make it pretty fun.  Sahara was one of my favorite Pitt books before I burned out on the series and Cussler's writing.  

I do think William H Macy makes a good Sandecker.
Scoop20906

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2005, 03:00:47 AM »

When I saw the preview on TV I initially thought it was one of the made for TV movies on the USA network. I read Sahara and enjoyed the book. I can't get to excited about because I already know the story.

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2005, 08:26:24 AM »

Another review from the same site, this time by the head geek, Harry Knowles.

A good quote to mention:

The highest complement is that they completely captured the spirit and feel of Cussler’s finest character. If you’re a fan, you’ll squeal with delight – if you have never read them, you’ll enjoy your time discovering a new character.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
ElijahPrice

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2005, 04:13:52 PM »

Yeah the TV spots don't look great.  But Penelope Cruz and McConaughey are good IMO.

Thanx for the review because I did think it was kinda National Treasure in a sandbox...perfect explanation (even though I liked NT).  I was hoping for something a little more gritty like Reign of Fire...that would be nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: