http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 02:41:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This makes me sad..  (Read 1595 times)
Kobra
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2006, 05:04:38 AM »

A real hero, killed by a useless piece of shit...  They should give that guy a hanging on a tree alongside the road, save us the trouble.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=2487004&page=1

Johnson received a commendation for valor for pulling several children from a burning building. He leaves behind a wife who is also a police officer and their five children.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:11:44 AM by Kobra » Logged

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 05:19:01 AM »

Sad indeed. Mexico just recently blasted the U.S. for the house passing legislation to build the 700 mile fence on the border.
It's going to take unfortunate events like this to help wake people up that it's time to secure our borders. Rep. Ron Paul (a republican out of Texas) has been fighting the illegal immigration battle for years..

From his latest speech:
The problems associated with illegal immigration will not be solved overnight, but we cannot begin to address them until we take the hard steps of securing the borders, rejecting amnesty, and reclaiming our right as a sovereign nation to control immigration without apology.

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2006/tst091806.htm

Damn what I woudn't give if we could get a guy like Ron Paul as our president!
And as far as the officer who gave his life in the line of duty while just doing his job, RIP.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 07:35:23 AM »

I've been reading a lot from Ron Paul lately.. Probably the only politician to make sense these days..

ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »

Here's the problem:

Johnson arrested Quintero during a routine traffic stop for speeding but apparently missed the suspect's gun in a pat-down search.

Not to be crass, but if he had done the search properly...
Crux
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 10:54:40 AM »

Quote from: ATB on September 27, 2006, 10:52:20 AM

Here's the problem:

Johnson arrested Quintero during a routine traffic stop for speeding but apparently missed the suspect's gun in a pat-down search.

Well gee ATB. I guess he had it coming then.  Roll Eyes
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2006, 11:49:18 AM »

Cause that was my point.
Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 12:30:39 PM »

Just as a note, read further down where the guy was deported 2 years ago for INDECENCY with a CHILD. 

Deported, and came back anyway.  We need to build a fucking -wall-.  Close that bitch down entirely. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 02:49:39 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on September 27, 2006, 12:30:39 PM

Just as a note, read further down where the guy was deported 2 years ago for INDECENCY with a CHILD. 

Put him in jail and let word of this 'accidentally leak' to the general population.  Maybe be a bit creative with the details, watch the hilarity ensue and then put him on death row.  icon_twisted

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 03:30:57 PM »

Yeah, plugging up the borders will solve the cop-killing and child-indecencying because no legal U.S. citizens would do that.

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Jumangi

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 04:01:34 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 27, 2006, 02:49:39 PM

Quote from: Zarkon on September 27, 2006, 12:30:39 PM

Put him in jail and let word of this 'accidentally leak' to the general population.  Maybe be a bit creative with the details, watch the hilarity ensue and then put him on death row.  icon_twisted

True, as depraved as some of the people in the slam can be(murders and such) a child molester might as well be on death row if put in general population.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »

Quote from: IkeVandergraaf on September 27, 2006, 03:30:57 PM

Yeah, plugging up the borders will solve the cop-killing and child-indecencying because no legal U.S. citizens would do that.

Out of the 11-12 million illegals, even conservative estimates put the criminal element in that number at 2 million.  Thats 2 million additional criminals in this country that should NOT be here. Are you aware of the crime in Mexico?  Right now drug lords and criminal empires control a large portion of Mexico, entire cities even, and police assasinations are quite common in the news down there.  Mexicos #1 export to the US is CRIME.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=51259

They've even adopted some Islamic Terrorist methods;

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,20368225-5001028,00.html
http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/15619325.htm

Bottom line, we need to put up a fence, a mine field, and man the borders with machine gun teams.  I am sick and tired of thousands of illegals a day pouring into this country, we have to put a cork in it.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 09:15:52 PM »

Quote from: Kobra on September 27, 2006, 04:08:18 PM

Out of the 11-12 million illegals, even conservative estimates put the criminal element in that number at 2 million.  Thats 2 million additional criminals in this country that should NOT be here. Are you aware of the crime in Mexico?  Right now drug lords and criminal empires control a large portion of Mexico, entire cities even, and police assasinations are quite common in the news down there.  Mexicos #1 export to the US is CRIME.

Bottom line, we need to put up a fence, a mine field, and man the borders with machine gun teams.  I am sick and tired of thousands of illegals a day pouring into this country, we have to put a cork in it.
Nothing solves a problem like machine guns.

PSN ID: EduardoX
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 09:39:50 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 27, 2006, 09:15:52 PM

Nothing solves a problem like machine guns.

And land mines.  At least according to the interview I saw with Musharraf last night.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 10:25:48 PM »

I'm all for more restriction of the border. I really am, and I work with a guy whose now legal, but wasn't (twice!) in the 80's. He's a great guy. Extremely hard worker, tries like hell to do as good a job as he possibly can. I still think he should have worked harder at finding a way to come legally. We've argued about it before, good naturedly. He insists he didn't have a choice. And I always respond with "There's always a choice". Sure, staying in Mexico and slowly earning enough money to move here legally would have been far harder than it was for him to jump the border a second time and get lucky to be here when Reagan (I think?) granted them all citizenship, but would it have been the right thing to do?

I think so.

If they want to come here and live, that's fine with me as long as they do it legally. I only ask one thing of those that do.

Learn to speak english. Take some speech lessons or something. If you speak badly broken english and then get angry and rude when people can't understand you, don't be surprised when they're rude right back to you. If you can't speak well enough for the clerk at McDonalds to know you want a fucking burrito, then get the hell out of the line so the rest of us can order our shitty food without waiting half an hour. There's a reasonable number of people working at the airport I work at that don't speak more than a word or two of english. Most of them are janitors and it doesn't matter, but some of them you have to communicate with on occasion and it's a pain in the ass.

Even the guy I work with, his accent is so ungodly thick it's impossible to tell what the hell he's talking about if he's saying something over the radios we carry. J's become y's. Whole syllables disappaer from words. If he concentrates and speaks slowly, he's understandable. If he goes at normal speed I might as well try deciphering a conversation between a couple of Russians or something. It's insane.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 10:36:23 PM »

Yeah! Then we can go door to door checking for ze papers. Anyone who we don't like gets a red chili pepper sewed to their clothes and over time we can round them up into ghettos.  If we want, we can kill them on the spot!  Huzzah!
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 11:04:41 PM »

Quote from: Thin_J on September 27, 2006, 10:25:48 PM

Learn to speak english. Take some speech lessons or something. If you speak badly broken english and then get angry and rude when people can't understand you, don't be surprised when they're rude right back to you.
I fucking hate it when people don't understand that colonialism and manifest destiny left their culture moot in the face of a hostile onslaught.
HEY MEXICO, IF YOU WANTED YOUR LAND, WHY'D YOU LET THE US INVADE YOU AND SPLIT YOU IN HALF? I mean, come on!

VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 11:11:51 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 27, 2006, 11:04:41 PM

I fucking hate it when people don't understand that colonialism and manifest destiny left their culture moot in the face of a hostile onslaught.
HEY MEXICO, IF YOU WANTED YOUR LAND, WHY'D YOU LET THE US INVADE YOU AND SPLIT YOU IN HALF? I mean, come on!

Reality > Eddy X
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2006, 12:38:10 PM »

They tried (or even may have) pass legislation that would make english the national language. A few idiots pulled the race card and said hispanics would be drowning in rivers because the signs would only be in english if the bill passed. (It'd almost be funny if they weren't being serious.)
My mother grew up in Spain but speaks perfect english (as well as spanish) and my father's father is from Ireland. They all came here legally and the illegals coming here are just cutting in line from all the people waiting years to come here the right way. That's fucked up.
And besides, don't new citizens need to pass an english proficiency test to become a citizen, anyway? So what's the problem here?

We definitely need to get our borders secure. If not for the crime or over population that come with it, at least do it to save tax payers some money.
I cant believe the fucking sentate wanted to give ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS social security benefits! What does the senate have to worry about though? It's us that are forking over our pay checks for it, while they rest comfortable in all the money they make for sitting around "debating" while we are out working hard in jails, as firemen, on streets, and in construction, for our money.

If I lived in Texas or Arizona I have no doubt I'd be out there on the borders with the minute men because they're doing the job our government won't do, all without pay and only because they care about their country.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2006, 03:02:59 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 27, 2006, 10:36:23 PM

Yeah! Then we can go door to door checking for ze papers. Anyone who we don't like gets a red chili pepper sewed to their clothes and over time we can round them up into ghettos.  If we want, we can kill them on the spot!  Huzzah!

aren't most of the illegals already in the ghettos?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2006, 03:09:26 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 28, 2006, 12:38:10 PM

They tried (or even may have) pass legislation that would make english the national language. A few idiots pulled the race card and said hispanics would be drowning in rivers because the signs would only be in english if the bill passed. (It'd almost be funny if they weren't being serious.)
My mother grew up in Spain but speaks perfect english (as well as spanish) and my father's father is from Ireland. They all came here legally and the illegals coming here are just cutting in line from all the people waiting years to come here the right way. That's fucked up.
And besides, don't new citizens need to pass an english proficiency test to become a citizen, anyway? So what's the problem here?
The Civil Rights Act assures equal access to language, as does the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo.
And our country would suck if it was English only.
There is no english proficiency exam for citizenship, as that would exclude most immigrants, I'd imagine. Imagine all the Hmong, Vietnamese, and Cuban refugees who'd never become citizens!

It isn't that this open border isn't a problem, but reactionary measures will just breed more reaction and will solve nothing. Root cause, my friends, root cause!

Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2006, 05:12:29 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 28, 2006, 03:02:59 PM

aren't most of the illegals already in the ghettos?

Indeed.

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2006, 05:43:35 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 27, 2006, 10:52:20 AM

Here's the problem:

Oh my God, are you operating with all of your brain cells or have 75% of them taken some time off?

Man you are weird.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2006, 05:48:21 PM »

Look man, I'm a Liberal Democrat, voted for Kerry, changed parties from the (R) to the (L) to the (D), and am soildly in the left of center category, but brother, this is basically an invasion, in an era where we were attacked and lost a lot of people. That border to the South is a huge problem, not just for national security, but for local security, and that doesn't even begin to touch the financial burden that illegals inflict on states. While sealing it stop crime? No, but if it keeps one perverted slug from skipping across and raping a child or killing a cop, then I would call it a success.

Do you people just wanna ignore the problem? Maybe we should just wait until states start having financial crises of huge proportions, or until the 2 Kiloton nuke goes off in Dallas or Phoenix.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2006, 05:53:44 PM »

Are you for real? CITIZENS HAVE RIGHTS IN THIS NATION, ILLEGALS DO NOT. Stopping illegal immigration has nothing to do with searching houses and asking for "papers". Would you rather us just let them all in, along with the rest of the members of Al Qaida that allegedly have slipped in already, through the southern border?

Jesus man, a little bit of thinking goes a long way.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2006, 05:58:39 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 28, 2006, 03:09:26 PM

Quote from: corruptrelic on September 28, 2006, 12:38:10 PM

The Civil Rights Act assures equal access to language, as does the Treaty of Guadelupe Hidalgo.
And our country would suck if it was English only.
There is no english proficiency exam for citizenship, as that would exclude most immigrants, I'd imagine. Imagine all the Hmong, Vietnamese, and Cuban refugees who'd never become citizens!

It isn't that this open border isn't a problem, but reactionary measures will just breed more reaction and will solve nothing. Root cause, my friends, root cause!

How is securing the border, which by the way is supposed to be the #1 defense duty of the US government, a reactionary measure? Look man, I hear what you are saying, but this isn't 1848, and the border situation is potentially endangering the security of people that are actually citizens of this nation. We should not bend over backwards to placate the law breaking illegals, at the expense of citizens rights, thats merely common sense.

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2006, 06:04:01 PM »

I want to add something here.

Securing the border is only PART of the solution.

The route for -legal- immigration has to be opened up, made more clear and needs to be processed much sooner.  A fair percentage of the illegals (not just Mexican) are coming that way because they are having issues waiting as long as the US Government takes to get through all the red tape.  This needs to change, badly.

Also, remember:  Our number one problem is that our populace is, by and large, lazy and complacent.  Otherwise we'd kick the idiots out of office every 2/4/6 years instead of letting them stay for 20-30-40!
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2006, 06:06:57 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 06:06:39 PM

Quote from: jblank on September 28, 2006, 05:58:39 PM

4 incomprehensible rants in a row.

Stop padding.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2006, 06:07:06 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on September 28, 2006, 06:04:01 PM

I want to add something here.

Securing the border is only PART of the solution.

The route for -legal- immigration has to be opened up, made more clear and needs to be processed much sooner.  A fair percentage of the illegals (not just Mexican) are coming that way because they are having issues waiting as long as the US Government takes to get through all the red tape.  This needs to change, badly.

Also, remember:  Our number one problem is that our populace is, by and large, lazy and complacent.  Otherwise we'd kick the idiots out of office every 2/4/6 years instead of letting them stay for 20-30-40!

I agree with everything you said there....100% agree. When this was brought up at OO I would always advocate for a loosening of the guest worker program, as well as accelerated immigration programs for LEGAL immigrants.

Eduardo X

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2006, 06:08:41 PM »

How is securing the border, which by the way is supposed to be the #1 defense duty of the US government, a reactionary measure? Look man, I hear what you are saying, but this isn't 1848, and the border situation is potentially endangering the security of people that are actually citizens of this nation. We should not bend over backwards to placate the law breaking illegals, at the expense of citizens rights, thats merely common sense.
Securing the border isn't the way to solve the immigration and poverty INTERNATIONAL crisis. It's just a band-aid, and one that won't hold for long.

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2006, 06:09:20 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 06:06:57 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 06:06:39 PM

4 incomprehensible rants in a row.

Stop padding.

I'll make you a deal; apply a bit of thought to this issue, rather than just spouting off a bunch of garbage that would only endanger more Americans, and then I won't counter you on a point by point basis. If I was padding, I would have just posted emoticons, but I guess since you can't counter my posts intelligently you chose to accuse me of padding my post count, something I couldn't care less about.

Dude I'm sorry, but you are a bizarre human being, and your "ideas" and some of the things you say, are just wacked out, and I can (and will) comment on them when I see them presented.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 06:12:54 PM by jblank » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2006, 06:11:34 PM »

Quote from: Eduardo X on September 28, 2006, 06:08:41 PM

Securing the border isn't the way to solve the immigration and poverty INTERNATIONAL crisis. It's just a band-aid, and one that won't hold for long.

Leaving it in its present state isn't either, but again, border defense is the chief defense responsibility of the US government, and as such, its their duty. Call it government accountability if it makes you feel better, but all I want them to do is uphold their end of the bargain, keep citizens safe, and not give our liberties and benefits to a segment of the world that breaks our laws to get here.

Thats not being unreasonable.

Zarkon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2006, 06:31:55 PM »

Man, I wish I could afford to run for president in 08.   icon_twisted

Then again, I'd get murdered before I got there, if I did.  I'd tick too many people off. saywhat
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2006, 06:37:56 PM »

Quote from: Zarkon on September 28, 2006, 06:31:55 PM

Man, I wish I could afford to run for president in 08.   icon_twisted

Then again, I'd get murdered before I got there, if I did.  I'd tick too many people off. saywhat

Like me you probably have tons of good ideas that would never fly with more than a segment of the public, making us unelectable. Don't feel bad, bro. icon_biggrin

ATB

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2006, 08:51:07 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 28, 2006, 06:09:20 PM

I'll make you a deal; apply a bit of thought to this issue,

Wash your finger before you point at my spots.

Minefields and machine gun nests are a 'bit of thought'?   Are we at war with Mexico? How else could you justify such an action?  Perhaps if we substituted sniper nests for the machine guns we could pick them off from a 1/2 mile out! 
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2006, 08:58:48 PM »

Oh and we can torpedo the makeshift rafts on their way from Cuba too!  Jblank for President!
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2006, 09:12:11 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

Minefields and machine gun nests are a 'bit of thought'?   Are we at war with Mexico? How else could you justify such an action?  Perhaps if we substituted sniper nests for the machine guns we could pick them off from a 1/2 mile out! 

My finger is quite clean sir, and before you point back at me, check your facts. I never said minefields or machine gun nests were a good idea, in fact, if you would read what I wrote, you will see that I never even hinted at anything like that at all.

That said, if it takes an armed prescence down there to act as a deterrent, then fine, I support that, but its a helluva stretch to go from armed patrols and monitoring, to machine gun nests and minefields. Come on man, think about it, use that noggin for a moment. If someone was constantly trying to break the laws and violate your rights, by possibly breaking into your house, would you not take measure to ensure you and yours were more secure? Jeez, how is this even an issue in this day and age? Whatever, always gotta be some contrarians around, so be it.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 09:17:18 PM by jblank » Logged

jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2006, 09:16:06 PM »

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 08:58:48 PM

Oh and we can torpedo the makeshift rafts on their way from Cuba too!  Jblank for President!

Your smart assed, hyperbolic replies are not appreciated. Wanna do that crap? Go to OO.

When you can put up some actual examples where I said anything about killing illegal immigrants, or taking any sort of overtly hostile, life threatening action against them, then you can make wild ass posts like you just did, until then, pipe down and knock off the attempts at misrepresenting my positions on issues.

Thats as nice as I am gonna say it, so lets not try to amp this up anymore, shall we?

SuperHiro

Pants on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 09:16:31 PM »

Wait a minute

The dude had a gun that the officer missed in a pat search.

The dude was handcuffed.

Where the hell did he stash that gun!?

:icon_eek:

Just Hiro will do.
ATB

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 09:19:33 PM »

Quote from: jblank on September 28, 2006, 09:12:11 PM

Quote from: ATB on September 28, 2006, 08:51:07 PM

My finger is quite clean sir, and before you point back at me, check your facts. I never said minefields or machine gun nests were a good idea, in fact, if you would read what I wrote, you will see that I never even hinted at anything like that at all.

That said, if it takes an armed prescence down there to act as a deterrent, then fine, I support that, but its a helluva stretch to go from armed patrols and monitoring, to machine gun nests and minefields. Come on man, think about it, use that noggin for a moment. If someone was constantly trying to break the laws and violate your rights, by possibly breaking into your house, would you not take measure to ensure you and yours were more secure? Jeez, how is this even an issue in this day and age? Whatever, always gotta be some contrarians around, so be it.

Pay attention. You got on my case because I took Kobra to task for for his machine gun/minefield comment. So you complicitly acknowledged/supported that argument.
jblank

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 09:24:59 PM »

That is a bold faced lie ATB, and one easily proven to be so. I haven't made any comments about Space Aliens in this thread either, so I guess that means I believe in them also. Am I supposed to counter every one elses posts before I "take you to task"?

My first post went after you for your tasteless comment about the cop basically asking for it, then I attacked your position about border defense leading to house to house searches asking for papers. Shall I quote them in the body of the message here?

I made no such praise about Kobra's post, which I think is hyperbole as well, nor does my silence towards him in this thread give tacit approval of his suggestion. You're trying to read WAY too much into what I am saying, but since you aren't countering my points, I will just assume this is how you wanna go about talking about this. Wanna debate issues, fine, lets do it, but stop telling me I am for this or that, when I am not, and definitely stop trying to make me look like some hearltess war monger just because I don't wanna give illegal immigrants the key to the city.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: