http://gamingtrend.com
October 31, 2014, 12:25:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 439   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Is Fun Pt 3: This Time It's Personal! (possibly NSFW)  (Read 1249422 times)
farley2k
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #15600 on: November 30, 2012, 03:31:26 PM »

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15601 on: November 30, 2012, 03:35:19 PM »

That worked out well for a page starter!

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15602 on: November 30, 2012, 03:36:12 PM »

Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #15603 on: November 30, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »

Quote from: farley2k on November 30, 2012, 03:07:30 PM

Blackadar,

I get that you find it offensive and not funny but there is a ton of stuff in this 390 page thread that different people don't find funny or find offensive.  There is a lot I find offensive and not funny myself.

That doesn't mean you need to get personal and nasty.  Please stop.

Why don't we next post some pic of people in blackface getting lynched?  

HAW! HAW! HAW!   That would be a hoot!

---

There's a big difference between offensive and bigoted.  I think we've just learned a lot about each other and what it says about some of you isn't particularly good.  I'm out.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 03:48:21 PM by Blackadar » Logged

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #15604 on: November 30, 2012, 03:48:47 PM »

I am sorry you feel that way.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #15605 on: November 30, 2012, 04:19:10 PM »

I'm thinking by this point the test is somewhat superfluous.  Gotta love the look of surprise on their faces though.

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15606 on: November 30, 2012, 04:21:16 PM »

While I personally am not in any way offended by literally anything in this thread (very thick skin), I do understand that some of you feel fairly strongly about some pictures posted here lately.   I will back up Farley that being offended doesn't mean you get to go on the offensive, however.   I've removed the images as requested - let's go back to remembering that there isn't anything in this world that isn't funny in the right light.   The thread is meant to brighten your day, and if you come across something that rubs you the other way, well move to the next post - there will be something funny there to greet you.  smile

The Weghted Companion Cube will never threaten to stab you.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Razgon

The Truth is out there

View Profile
« Reply #15607 on: November 30, 2012, 04:31:05 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 30, 2012, 04:21:16 PM

While I personally am not in any way offended by literally anything in this thread (very thick skin), I do understand that some of you feel fairly strongly about some pictures posted here lately.   I will back up Farley that being offended doesn't mean you get to go on the offensive, however.   I've removed the images as requested - let's go back to remembering that there isn't anything in this world that isn't funny in the right light.   The thread is meant to brighten your day, and if you come across something that rubs you the other way, well move to the next post - there will be something funny there to greet you.  smile

Racism and sexual discrimination is fun in the right light? I'd take a moment to think about that if I were you.

A new one
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15608 on: November 30, 2012, 04:48:40 PM »

Quote from: Razgon on November 30, 2012, 04:31:05 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 30, 2012, 04:21:16 PM

Racism and sexual discrimination is fun in the right light? I'd take a moment to think about that if I were you.

I'm pretty sure there is a time and place for everything.  I'm not gonna run around can call people racist names, but my best friend from South Africa can make some hilarious jokes that make all us white folks turn quite red.  Intent matters.   This thread is intended to entertain without crossing the line.   Some folks feel that it did.  If you really want to press this issue, please audit the 391 pages of pictures for anything else that might involve anything that might possibly offend somebody.  icon_confused  Can we move on now?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #15609 on: November 30, 2012, 04:51:53 PM »

Jokes about race and sex can be funny and aren't all as nasty or mean spirited as "a pic of people in blackface being lynched."  Yes, there is a line that can be walked without shutting everything down and saying all jokes regarding race, gender, religion, etc are taboo.  The condom joke wasn't terribly funny, but it also didin't warrant that kind of wrath.  
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #15610 on: November 30, 2012, 04:57:58 PM »

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15611 on: November 30, 2012, 05:11:04 PM »

One can say "Haha!  Polish people put screen doors on their submarines!" and nobody, not even Polish people, is likely to get particularly upset.

But "Haha!  Arabic Muslims fuck goats!" qualifies as "too soon", I think, considering we are still currently standing waist deep in a time of tension, racism, and hate acts on both sides.

But don't take my word for it.  Google Purge's joke and see what kinds of forums are going bananas over how funny it is.  Might want to put your browser in incognito mode first. 
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #15612 on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:46 PM »

So does this mean that Arab or Muslim jokes, even ones that have nothing to do with jihad or martyrdom or such, will be off limits until there is peace?  I'm okay saying certain subjects are too sensitive, but I'm not ever going to say an entire race or religion is off-limits.  Again, I'm not going to say "Bravo" to the condom joke, but I'm also not going to claim that it was over the line.  It wasn't.  Christians are waist deep in this time of tension too, but I see no problem poking fun at Christianity too, so long as it's not totally mean-spirited. 
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15613 on: November 30, 2012, 05:53:53 PM »

I agree there's a fine line, and it's hard to draw the line let alone agree on where it should be drawn.  I definitely don't want to say goodbye to all offensive jokes.

This particular joke, though, I mean, I can't find any reputable site backing up that it's even remotely based on a seed of reality.  It's just "AHAHA!  They fuck goats!"  That's the joke.  The joke is "those people I hate fuck goats!"
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15614 on: November 30, 2012, 06:00:47 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on November 30, 2012, 05:53:53 PM

I agree there's a fine line, and it's hard to draw the line let alone agree on where it should be drawn.  I definitely don't want to say goodbye to all offensive jokes.

This particular joke, though, I mean, I can't find any reputable site backing up that it's even remotely based on a seed of reality.  It's just "AHAHA!  They fuck goats!"  That's the joke.  The joke is "those people I hate fuck goats!"

I don't know, I think it can be interpreted as "they fucked goats" The date provided was several centuries ago.

Maybe I'm the only one here that assumes that pretty much all of our ancestors fucked goats at one time or another...

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
McNutt

View Profile
« Reply #15615 on: November 30, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »

Well, I will admit that I did take the first part of the joke as having some basis on fact that the condom was invented by Arabs.  Making that up just to say that Arabs fuck animals is pretty stupid.  I did wonder though why the joke bothered to mention "Arab Muslims" and felt that bit of poking was a bit unnecessary.  
SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #15616 on: November 30, 2012, 06:17:22 PM »

I'm only angry in that it probably should of been a Scottish joke instead of an Arab joke.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15617 on: November 30, 2012, 06:19:32 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on November 30, 2012, 06:17:22 PM

I'm only angry in that it probably should of been a Scottish joke instead of an Arab joke.

EXACTLY

Mike Dunn
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15618 on: November 30, 2012, 09:25:01 PM »

Now that we've  deadhorse can we get back to the funny?

Ron Burke
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #15619 on: November 30, 2012, 09:29:30 PM »

We could if your link worked.  Tongue

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #15620 on: November 30, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »

I can get that the Arab joke could be offensive, but I think some people need to look up misogynist in the dictionary and then go read the one about girls multi-tasking while driving until it's dick-touching time again and explain to me how that word applies.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15621 on: November 30, 2012, 10:14:40 PM »

Quote from: SkyLander on November 30, 2012, 06:17:22 PM

I can get behind that.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #15622 on: November 30, 2012, 10:35:20 PM »

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #15623 on: November 30, 2012, 11:18:11 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15624 on: November 30, 2012, 11:23:03 PM »

I'm offendedowski.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15625 on: December 01, 2012, 02:11:19 AM »

Quote from: Blackadar on November 30, 2012, 02:52:48 PM

(Requote removed - reasons below)

Oh, bigoted and misogynistic stuff is just so funny.  Grab my dick bitches!  "Arabic Muslim" goat fuckers!

HAW! HAW! HAW!

Go fuck yourself.

Nice.

Mysogyeny? You mean a cyanide and happiness comic where a conversation starts badly, or the advertising that uses the "It's me or the bike" ultimatum dropped by wife/GF/partner?

As for the goat thing, well, I suppose it's racist and beastial in nature. I propose you look at PAGE ONE with a naked chick's legs being used as windshield wipers, and ask yourself if you're overreacting to this thread.

LTTP, I know. I didn't even connect the "arab / muslim" thing, because it doesn't ping my radar. I don't hate muslims or arabs, so it ain't a hot topic in my world. My bad at laughing at a joke that caught me off guard. The delivery is fantastic. Would you like me to edit it to say sheep and scots? My dad is a Bruce, so you wouldn't have wiggle-room to bitch about me singling out a group I'm not directly related to.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 02:16:44 AM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15626 on: December 01, 2012, 02:18:43 AM »

I don't know if the naked gal on the car is the best example to bring up, since some time ago some of our female members admitted that very picture made them uncomfortable in the forum. It spawned a debate about how much of a men's club this forum is intended to be, and led to KD stopping his Sunday Skin threads out of respect to his female forum members.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15627 on: December 01, 2012, 10:07:10 PM »

I love the smell of self-righteous indignation in the morning. Here are some boobs.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15628 on: December 01, 2012, 10:22:10 PM »

Maybe just post the boobs without twisting the knife first?  Do you actually want to try and have us all move on or do you want to keep on feeding the fire?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15629 on: December 01, 2012, 10:30:59 PM »

Because I can,
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15630 on: December 02, 2012, 07:20:08 AM »

FWIW, the post was meant to be fun. The idea that the world didn't progress condom technology for 800 years to actually remove the "condom" from the goat is pretty funny. Plus, the idea of being concerned with pregnancy while fucking a goat means the concept of condom is discarded, and instead becomes a ridiculous statement -certainly worthy of a laugh.

The context was mirth. If you choose to take it otherwise, that is beyond my control. There was no overarching theme in my posts, just a bunch of pics that made me laugh, and I thought I'd share.

I have funny stuff, but now I don't feel much like sharing. Frankly, I think the fact that KNOWING this thread is meant for fun, and possibly NSFW content, I'm actually annoyed at those who have decided to turn it into a discussion on racism. Open a new damned topic.

Let's get back on topic.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15631 on: December 02, 2012, 07:30:54 AM »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 05:31:51 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #15632 on: December 02, 2012, 11:57:40 AM »

I can't see that last one Ck

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15633 on: December 02, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »

Quote from: Purge on December 02, 2012, 07:20:08 AM

I have funny stuff, but now I don't feel much like sharing. Frankly, I think the fact that KNOWING this thread is meant for fun, and possibly NSFW content, I'm actually annoyed at those who have decided to turn it into a discussion on racism. Open a new damned topic.

Let's get back on topic.

It's hard to get back on topic when you choose to make it clear that you're still ignorant of what you did wrong in your 'lets move on' post. I'm trying to politely say that the condom joke picture you posted is modern day blackface. If you didn't realize that the joke spawned from the same people who kill Sikhs because they look too Muslimy, no sweat. Now you know, and you can politely retract the picture. It's like when someone says 'Jap' because it seems like a logical contraction. As long as they react respectfully when informed of the racist connotations to the term, no foul.

If you continue to insist that there's nothing wrong with your picture, though, then you're a horrible person and if not a racist, a person who doesn't care about racism or feeding racism.
th'FOOL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15634 on: December 02, 2012, 05:02:51 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 02, 2012, 02:44:21 PM

Quote from: Purge on December 02, 2012, 07:20:08 AM

Let's get back on topic.

It's hard to get back on topic when you choose to make it clear that you're still ignorant of what you did wrong in your 'lets move on' post. I'm trying to politely say that the condom joke picture you posted is modern day blackface. If you didn't realize that the joke spawned from the same people who kill Sikhs because they look too Muslimy, no sweat. Now you know, and you can politely retract the picture. It's like when someone says 'Jap' because it seems like a logical contraction. As long as they react respectfully when informed of the racist connotations to the term, no foul.

If you continue to insist that there's nothing wrong with your picture, though, then you're a horrible person and if not a racist, a person who doesn't care about racism or feeding racism.

Picture's gone, been gone for two days. I think you can stop now.

Mike Dunn
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15635 on: December 02, 2012, 05:26:56 PM »

I was responding to Purge's post, which has been around since this morning. 

I would love for this thread to move on from this debacle.  I don't think that the best way for that to happen is for people to throw jabs my way, or get last word in on how the picture in question actually wasn't a big deal at all.  Look at the exchange between me and McNutt above for an example of how people can respectfully start on different sides, come to a middle ground, and move on without anyone poking the other in the eye.  I'm apparently the bad guy in this whole exchange, but looking back on my posts I think I've been staying pretty damn civil given than I was just as upset as Blackadar by the initial thing.  I get that his way of reacting was not the way to go, but if my way is also not, then, well, this forum depresses me.

If you, Purge, or whoever else wants to move on, then my god, let's move on.  Stop jabbing me, stop defending the joke.  KD already posted several respectful "let's stop and move on" posts, so how about we just take those as the last word on the subject?
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #15636 on: December 02, 2012, 06:57:51 PM »

I want the last word on the subject. Even tho I have no f-ing idea what the subject is.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #15637 on: December 03, 2012, 02:35:43 AM »

Purge and I have reconciled with hugs and nude Bea Arthur pics in PMs, so if any feels the need to further champion against me on his behalf, maybe just post a picture instead. Let stimpy have the second to last word.

Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #15638 on: December 03, 2012, 02:49:59 AM »

We're all so happy for you two. See you in Vermont.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15639 on: December 03, 2012, 02:50:39 AM »

Because I can,
Pages: 1 ... 389 390 [391] 392 393 ... 439   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: