http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 01:26:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 435   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: This Is Fun Pt 3: This Time It's Personal! (possibly NSFW)  (Read 1205138 times)
Crabbs
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13480 on: September 12, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on September 12, 2011, 06:39:16 PM

Quote from: Gryndyl on September 12, 2011, 05:27:25 PM

I don't understand why this is funny?
Maybe because they spent the last 30 minutes loading those carts on the truck and now they get to do it again because the truck driver was an idiot?

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.'
- Bertrand Russell -

Wii # 2042 8377 5645 6582
wonderpug
Gaming Trend Senior Member

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13481 on: September 12, 2011, 07:22:00 PM »

From their non-reaction I figured this was an intentional attempt to "efficiently" unload the carts from the truck. 
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13482 on: September 12, 2011, 07:25:58 PM »

No, I think that is more of the "Aww, shit...it looks like I'm not going home on time today.  And I may get arrested for stabbing a driver."

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #13483 on: September 12, 2011, 07:40:33 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 12, 2011, 07:22:00 PM

From their non-reaction I figured this was an intentional attempt to "efficiently" unload the carts from the truck. 

Exactly, and the one guy was holding a shield so I assume this is common practice but sometimes things bounce up (small rocks?).

I guess if that's the loading instead of unloading phase, it would be funny.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13484 on: September 12, 2011, 07:41:36 PM »

I think that was the plank to run the carts onto the truck.

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #13485 on: September 12, 2011, 07:45:39 PM »

put me in the 'unloading' camp.  if they just loaded them up you'd think someone would stop and close the back of the truck.  it's really not that hard  icon_wink

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13486 on: September 12, 2011, 07:46:40 PM »

The guy on the right looks like he's about to start reaching for something.  Like perhaps the strap to pull the door closed.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #13487 on: September 12, 2011, 07:54:39 PM »

Glowing kittehs!

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13488 on: September 12, 2011, 08:19:03 PM »

And reacting would do what, exactly? I think they realized right away that there wasn't anything they could do, so all they did was to watch their work collapse before them.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13489 on: September 12, 2011, 08:29:39 PM »

Quote from: TiLT on September 12, 2011, 08:19:03 PM

And reacting would do what, exactly? I think they realized right away that there wasn't anything they could do, so all they did was to watch their work collapse before them.

I don't know what's typical in your neck of the woods, but here in America we scream and swear and throw things in situations like this, or at least put both our hands on our head in an "oh noes!" gesture of disbelief.
hispanicgamer

View Profile
« Reply #13490 on: September 12, 2011, 08:59:15 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 12, 2011, 08:29:39 PM

I don't know what's typical in your neck of the woods, but here in America we scream and swear and throw things in situations like this, or at least put both our hands on our head in an "oh noes!" gesture of disbelief.
Bring your own!

" I enjoy Jizz in my pants as well. " - Harkonis
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #13491 on: September 12, 2011, 09:02:34 PM »

But ... but ... glowing kittehs!

When these green kitties were still twinkles in their parents’ eyes, scientists investigating a macaque gene thought to protect monkeys against feline immunodeficiency virus (FIV) inserted it into cat eggs with a lab-grown virus, intending to test whether cats carrying the gene were resistant to FIV as well. Researchers are interested in seeing how the macaque gene guards against FIV, which is the feline version of HIV, in hopes of transferring their insights to combating HIV.

But here’s where things get wacky: The team also included in the virus a jellyfish gene that makes a glowing green protein, to act as a signal. The virus does not always succeed in transferring the genes entrusted to it, but by including the jellyfish gene, the team gave themselves an easy way to tell when the transfer took place: kittens that glow green under fluorescent light, showing that they carry the jellyfish gene, almost certainly carry the macaque gene as well.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13492 on: September 12, 2011, 09:04:25 PM »

maybe a glowing kitten was driving the truck....

Because I can,
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13493 on: September 13, 2011, 01:10:28 AM »

Quote from: Shinjin on September 12, 2011, 07:46:40 PM

The guy on the right looks like he's about to start reaching for something.  Like perhaps the strap to pull the door closed.

Having spent my time in the backroom of the grocery store where I work, I think that was exactly what he was doing. Guy in the middle just picked up the ramp thing as they just finished loading the truck, while the one on the right walked up to close the door. Truck driver was apparently in one hell of a hurry to get the mob of carts home.

Also, green glowing kittens is quite creepy.

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #13494 on: September 13, 2011, 01:31:16 AM »

And ibdoomed strikes again.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13495 on: September 13, 2011, 02:00:00 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on September 12, 2011, 07:45:39 PM

put me in the 'unloading' camp.  if they just loaded them up you'd think someone would stop and close the back of the truck.  it's really not that hard  icon_wink

You can't actually close the doors on a truck when it is backed up for loading.  The driver needs to pull it forward a few feet so they can swing around and be closed.  You can see the doors bouncing on the sides and see it isn't a pull-down type trailer.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 02:03:57 AM by EngineNo9 » Logged

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13496 on: September 13, 2011, 02:04:24 AM »

Quote from: Shinjin on September 12, 2011, 07:46:40 PM

I'm almost 100% sure this is correct.  They just finished loading them, the guy on the left is removing the plank they used to push the carts across the gap on.  The guy on the right is walking forward to pull the door down and the driver just goes.  The guy on the right stops abruptly with kind of a 'wtf' pose and then the rest happens.   The driver pulled away before they were done securing the load and closing the door, now they get to put them all back on. (from the ground no less)

edit: beat again!  I'll also second the 'humor is different in the bacon rose filled world' camp as well  ninja
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #13497 on: September 13, 2011, 02:24:35 AM »

Quote from: Suitably Ironic Moniker on September 13, 2011, 01:31:16 AM

And ibdoomed strikes again.
    saywhat

Quote from: Harkonis on September 13, 2011, 02:04:24 AM

edit: beat again!  I'll also second the 'humor is different in the bacon rose filled world' camp as well  ninja

That feels like a reference to me.  Roll Eyes

It seems to me that when your load is ON WHEELS it might be a good idea to fasten them down and not rely on notoriously unreliable truck trailer doors to keep things in on the road. Therefore, I naturally came to the conclusion that this was the unloading phase since if it were the loading phase someone would be on the truck with tie downs or something, or at the very least have them in hand. I guess if the driver was waaay ahead of schedule, not paying attention to the loading process at all, this could be 15 minutes prior to being ready to pull away so the doors could be closed.

SkyLander

View Profile
« Reply #13498 on: September 13, 2011, 02:25:41 AM »

It looks like a trailer that has the 2 swinging doors, which there is no room there to close. Looks like it's pulling out to get enough room to close the doors, the 2 guys just didn't do a loadbar or strap the end of the carts.

Pretty....what do we blow up first?
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13499 on: September 13, 2011, 02:31:49 AM »

The driver does more than just pull forward a little, I don't think they were done with the loading process.  I think the driver just got confused and went.
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #13500 on: September 13, 2011, 02:48:42 AM »

They were apparently unloading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnbyzEDiF0
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13501 on: September 13, 2011, 02:52:11 AM »

then it makes even less sense for the driver to pull away.  odd

for the record though, I would find it funny either way.  ninja
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #13502 on: September 13, 2011, 04:49:53 AM »

unloading or loading, i think we can agree that the truck driver jumped the gun.  maybe he thought it would be faster to unload that way, but i don't think either of the dock workers were expecting that (or wanting that)

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #13503 on: September 13, 2011, 12:53:12 PM »

Quote from: Ragnarok on September 13, 2011, 02:48:42 AM

They were apparently unloading:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHnbyzEDiF0

Ok, there we have it. You can see the motorized ramp built into the dock lower when black jacket steps on it, so what's the board for? Looks like a makeshift tower shield to me! So I say that's the fastest way to unload the truck and then they are all on ground level where they belong.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13504 on: September 13, 2011, 01:02:10 PM »

I recall an AFV where they commented that "hands on head" is an almost sure sign of "staged" and people don't generally do that.

Also, where does it state they were unloading carts? Would they not have unloaded INTO the dock it was pulled up against? It seems like they loaded it up, and the driver had to pull away from the dock to close the door. The load wasn't secured and he had a lapse in thought and actually pulled away instead of just rolling forward.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 01:08:00 PM by Purge » Logged

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #13505 on: September 13, 2011, 01:30:13 PM »

Quote from: Purge on September 13, 2011, 01:02:10 PM

I recall an AFV where they commented that "hands on head" is an almost sure sign of "staged" and people don't generally do that.

Also, where does it state they were unloading carts? Would they not have unloaded INTO the dock it was pulled up against? It seems like they loaded it up, and the driver had to pull away from the dock to close the door. The load wasn't secured and he had a lapse in thought and actually pulled away instead of just rolling forward.

Where do you see "hands on head"?  The reactions are very non-plussed for this to be staged.

Though, yeah, the extended video doesn't clear up the loading/unloading thing at all.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

Thirty. Minutes.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13506 on: September 13, 2011, 01:36:49 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on September 13, 2011, 01:30:13 PM

Quote from: Purge on September 13, 2011, 01:02:10 PM

Where do you see "hands on head"?  The reactions are very non-plussed for this to be staged.

Though, yeah, the extended video doesn't clear up the loading/unloading thing at all.

Emphasis mine.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13507 on: September 13, 2011, 02:16:38 PM »

Ah, I read the comment in the flow of discussion (didn't bother with what was quoted), so it seemed like it was commenting on the video being staged.  Sorry.

TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #13508 on: September 13, 2011, 02:34:19 PM »

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13509 on: September 13, 2011, 02:55:55 PM »

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13510 on: September 13, 2011, 03:28:01 PM »

(click to embiggen)

Because I can,
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #13511 on: September 13, 2011, 03:32:01 PM »

They lowered the "drawbridge" in the beginning of the long version, would that be done at the end of a loading phase?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13512 on: September 13, 2011, 04:25:03 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on September 13, 2011, 03:32:01 PM

They lowered the "drawbridge" in the beginning of the long version, would that be done at the end of a loading phase?

But from the guy's reaction, it doesn't look like that was supposed to happen.  And also, where is the thing that lowered when the truck pulls away?

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #13513 on: September 13, 2011, 05:16:03 PM »

I am awed and saddened at how much discussion that these carts have garnered.

wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13514 on: September 13, 2011, 05:34:07 PM »

I think it's fantastic.  Reminiscent of an ever-escalating Cliff Clavin / Norm bar debate about some completely irrelevant and obscure matter.  Just a few more pages and we'll be pulling up floorboards at our local Target.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13515 on: September 13, 2011, 05:46:39 PM »

Because I can,
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #13516 on: September 13, 2011, 05:49:06 PM »

Quote from: wonderpug on September 13, 2011, 05:34:07 PM

I think it's fantastic.  Reminiscent of an ever-escalating Cliff Clavin / Norm bar debate about some completely irrelevant and obscure matter.  Just a few more pages and we'll be pulling up floorboards at our local Target.

Wait... what's under the floorboards?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13517 on: September 13, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »

the beating of his hideous heart!

Because I can,
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #13518 on: September 13, 2011, 07:30:36 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on September 13, 2011, 05:49:06 PM

Quote from: wonderpug on September 13, 2011, 05:34:07 PM

I think it's fantastic.  Reminiscent of an ever-escalating Cliff Clavin / Norm bar debate about some completely irrelevant and obscure matter.  Just a few more pages and we'll be pulling up floorboards at our local Target.

Wait... what's under the floorboards?

Celtics player comes into the bar, gets caught up in inane bar arguments, gets obsessed with finding out the number of bolts in the floorboards of the Garden, and stares at the floor his next game with his performance plummeting.  Cheers gang breaks into the Garden or something to count them, then gets wrapped up in a discussion about whether or not the hockey rink ice is eternally below the basketball court, pull up some floorboards to check, don't put them all back in time, hijinks ensue.
Harkonis

View Profile
« Reply #13519 on: September 13, 2011, 07:48:11 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on September 13, 2011, 03:32:01 PM

some of those raise on their own and they get lowered every time you walk on them.  At any rate, the original argument wasn't whether they were loading or unloading, it was that you had no idea why it was funny.  I'm still confused how you turned that around.
Pages: 1 ... 336 337 [338] 339 340 ... 435   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: