http://gamingtrend.com
August 21, 2014, 06:19:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Things that make you want to puke.  (Read 872 times)
silverjon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2013, 04:25:47 PM »

Seemingly not much.

Work a stint with Fish and Wildlife and you'll be elbows-deep in rotting carcasses often enough to determine your vomit-threshold for sure.

Mine is very high.
Gratch
Gaming Trend Senior Member

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2013, 04:39:35 PM »

Foodwise, the smell of tuna fish and kimchi both make me hurl.

Nyquil in liquid form always made me lose it as well.  Was so glad when they introduced those in capsule form.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2013, 04:46:11 PM »

Quote from: TK-421 on August 29, 2013, 08:27:15 PM

I can enjoy hot dogs cooked in many ways.  Fried, grilled, boiled, steamed, etc.

Most often, for convenience, I will toast my hot dogs and buns in our Hot Dog Toaster.

Ok. How does this work.  Bread takes like a minute tops to be done, but a hotdog will take a while.

And then what is the consistency? Is it more like a chargrilled dog or a boiled one.

I WANT THE TRUTH!
TK-421

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2013, 06:42:57 PM »

Typically what I will do is run the hot dogs through a cycle on setting 3 or 4, then run them through again along with the buns on a setting of 5.

This gives the hot dogs that nice, crunchy, grilled outer skin and warms them thoroughly through.  The buns are trickier since the toasting element is a plate instead of coils so unless the bun is directly touching the plate they don't get toasted all the way across.

This usually means that they are only toasted along the edges but I usually put some tongs in there that force the bun against the toasting plate so they get better surface contact.

Other than that, the thing basically works like a toaster.  Pop 'em in, wait, then BOIINGGG!! out they pop.  Apply condiments as desired and enjoy.

Edit:  Oh, and the best results are with the Oscar Mayer Bun Length hot dogs.  Any dogs thicker than that, like Nathan's or Ball Park, tend to get stuck in the hot dog holder and have to be pried out resulting in broken hot dogs.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 06:45:30 PM by TK-421 » Logged

Open the blast doors!  Open the blast doors!
KKBlue
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2013, 01:23:37 PM »

Quote from: Gratch on August 30, 2013, 04:39:35 PM

Nyquil in liquid form always made me lose it as well.

After all of the posts, I nod in agreement while taking breaks to reset my gag to normal. Pretty foul stuff, thanks gang. But Gratch, I'm afraid you are going to have to expand on your Nyquil reflex disorder. Is there a story behind that? I tend to do that hun? face instead of blaught dry heaving.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: