http://gamingtrend.com
November 28, 2014, 09:56:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There is no life on Mars  (Read 3747 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2009, 04:04:24 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 09, 2009, 03:03:17 AM

Was it me or did no nuts looks way hotter as a long haired brunette in the end that in 1973?

she looked way hotter.  for a moment I didn't realize that was her.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2009, 02:11:51 PM »

I have not watched the show from either source, but from what I hear, the endings to the shows are substantially different depending on which side of the pond on which it was filmed.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Hamsterball_Z
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2009, 08:26:36 AM »

Finally watched the last two episodes.  Wow, that was a terrible way to end it.  It looked like they were on their way to a satisfying conclusion that tied everything together but then they just threw it all out the window and turned it into a Star Trek Holosuite episode.  I had watched the original BBC series and thought that the US version had held up well in comparison up to that point.  The BBC ending is substantially different, it left room for interpretation of whether he really was in 1973 or it was all a dream or some form of afterlife.  It was also clear that for him the time period was a key point in his his childhood and by experiencing events from it as an adult he was able to understand and give meaning to them in a way that he could not as a child.  The American ending makes setting it in 1973 completely unnecessary with no real connection for him, an accident.

Very disappointing.  If anyone still hasn't seen the finale, when you watch it turn it off at the point that Tyler hugs Hunt.  You'll be better off thinking he decided to stay in 1973.

(HBZ)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: