http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 04:06:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: There is going to be a raid....  (Read 1593 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: June 25, 2004, 11:09:38 PM »

Ok, so I'm listening to NPR on my way home and I hear that there is going to be an enforcement raid on border crossers over the next week.  Umm.....doesn't anyone think it is odd that they are announcing this the week prior?  

*Knock Knock*
"Yes?"
"Uh, hi, this is the police...we are going to raid your crackhouse next week, ok?  Don't remove any evidence and make sure everyone is there and unarmed, ok?"
"Uh..ok...see you next week."
"K, thanks buy!"

Why would anyone who has heard that not just wait a week or two and cross then?

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 05:32:13 AM »

Awful nice of them to let everybody know.  It's not as if people can't get across anyway.  Perhaps they are admiting as much saying, "alright, we're really going to try and stop some of you people next week.  For real this time.  We're not kidding."

Maybe everybody took that week off work.  Since nobody will be watching the border they cooked up a little misinformation to throw them off.  I would like to stress that the government would never be that creative.

If I wanted to cross the border I would be sitting at home cooking up all kinds of wacky (and impractical) ways to do it.  Maybe a home made submarine or a hot air balloon.

I wonder why we even bother.  Here's a news flash: the border isn't secure!  Either do it right or don't bother.  I'd be happy either way, just do it right.  Stop wasting the tax dollars or start showing results.

Good luck to all the border crossers next week.  I'm rooting for you!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 04:15:12 PM »

Around here, they have announced where the cops are going to be patrolling for speeding.  I think if they still get caught after the cops announce it, they deserve to get the ticket.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 01:59:30 PM »

Never underestimate the capacity for human stupidity. If people are given fair warning and still screw up, it's no one's fault but their's. Sorta like whenever I (frequently) speed. So it's says 20mph and there are kids crossing and such. I have the game on at home, dammit! I should be there NOW!!! biggrin

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: