http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 05:16:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Zombie-Wilson Diaries  (Read 3669 times)
Chaz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2010, 02:10:29 AM »

I bought your book.  Woo! Don't know when I'll get to it.  I'm in the middle of the second Malazan book, and have limited reading time these days.  Plus, made the mistake of deciding to read a Warhammer 40k book at the same time, so that's slowing me down more.

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2010, 03:02:26 AM »

Thanks so much Chaz! The book is pretty easy to jump back and forth with. It's written like a diary. In fact I wrote it online and gave the whole book away for free for almost a year but the lure of publishing it sucked me into the dark side.

The Malazan books are my favorite. I read them over and over and over.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 04:22:29 PM »

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:11:48 PM by joeyjazz » Logged
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 09:57:49 PM »

Yay! Thanks for buying my book. I hope you get a laugh out of my little contribution to the genre.

I liked Raptorman's new one. I know some felt it was more of the same but I dig his stark journal style. It feels so real. I have exchanged a few emails with him and he seems like a genuinely nice guy.

I'll be at Horror Realm in Pittsburgh next week promoting my zombie books. I even get to sit on a panel with Jonathan Mayberry. What a hoot that will be!

Oh while I have a captive audience, probably owing to the amazing picture below, I have a new ebook only short novel coming out in the next few days. It will be $1.99 on all digital platforms. Here is the cover:

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 06:42:11 PM »

I attended Horror Realm in Pittsburg last week. As you can see, my Zombie-Wilson ball gets around.

Ashley Williams from The Human Centipede. She played the middle (eww).

Jonathan Maberry - Author of Patient Zero, Dragon Factory, and a new zombie book called Rot and Ruin.

Me with Rhiannon Frater. She helped me with the editing on ZWD and is one of my biggest fans (so she claims). She recently signed a huge 3 book deal with TOR.

Got my zombie on! We shot a commercial for my publisher. About a dozen writers dressed up as zombies. It was good goofy fun.

-Tim

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 05:07:11 AM »

A few more pictures from various cons and stuff. Zombie Wilson gets around.  icon_lol

Whatever you say, Mr. Maberry.

George Romero, Zombie Wilson, and me.

Barnes and Noble brought in a bunch of my books for zomBcon.

The Tacoma News Tribune a few weeks ago.

I hope to get the sequel going next year. I think it will be called My Life with Zombie Wilson - A Memoir.  Thanks for reading!

-Tim

joeyjazz
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 03:19:57 PM »

« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:08:25 PM by joeyjazz » Logged
Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 10:55:42 PM »

I wrote a short story a while ago that was summed up in this sentence, which I thought the Z-W Diaries captured:

I think the biggest hurdle in the zombie or robot apocalypse for me would be the availability of caffeine.

I re-read it when in the hospital (gall bladder) and it provided some much-needed levity. And a bit of paranoia about the people milling about while medicated...

Keep us posted on the sequel.
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2010, 03:04:32 AM »

This book has been a tough sell from day one. My first book was a huge seller for my publisher, in the top three of his 40+ books. But fans of that book weren't that interested in ZWD and vice versa. My friend also writes zombies and her trilogy was hugely successful. She sold thousands and thousands of copies. But when her first vampire book came out, her fans did not buy it.

The same thing has happened with my book The Apocalypse and Satan's Glory Hole. We are having to promote it as a completely separate beast from anything else I have worked on. That one straddles the line between the bizarro fans and Christopher Moore lovers but it's not a zombie book so the zombie guys don't want to read it.

Readers are fickle and I am no different. I love Iain Banks but it would be a tough sell to get me to buy a fantasy book if he wrote it (although Richard Morgan sure broke the mold).

After 7 months of hard promotion I am really proud of ZWD for selling the way it has been. It is no where the success my first book was but it may be some day.

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2010, 05:56:11 AM »

Holy coconut bras! Zombie Wilson Diaries named one of the best zombie books of the year on Barnes and Noble!

I'm still in shock.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2010, 12:22:12 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on December 22, 2010, 05:56:11 AM

Holy coconut bras! Zombie Wilson Diaries named one of the best zombie books of the year on Barnes and Noble!

I'm still in shock.

Awesome, Crusis!  Here's to a shitload of sales!
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 22, 2010, 01:37:30 PM »

Wow, congrats!

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Qantaga

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 22, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Very nice Crusis! 

That's awesome news. Congratulations.

Xbox Live: Sukaro
PSN: Suroka

Until I die I'll sing these songs on the shores of Babylon
Still looking for a home in a world where I belong

~Switchfoot
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 05:07:00 AM »

The Zombie Wilson Diaries somehow ended up on this list. I am flattered and I'm also in 2nd place, holy hell! So if you have a second and you enjoyed the book, please swing by and drop me a vote. This ends in 2 days. Thanks all!

http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelh.shtml

-Tim

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 06:08:48 AM »

that is awesome crusis.  i always look for the book whenever i go to a bookstore, just in case. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 04:44:12 PM »

Thanks Caine. I have gotten it into a few Barnes and Nobles in Seattle. The big one downtown carries it.

I have a new trilogy coming out - hopefully this year the first book will see publication. They will be in all brick and mortar stores. Audio versions and foreign editions should follow. I hope I can talk about the publisher soon.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 05:23:39 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on January 24, 2011, 04:44:12 PM

Thanks Caine. I have gotten it into a few Barnes and Nobles in Seattle. The big one downtown carries it.

I have a new trilogy coming out - hopefully this year the first book will see publication. They will be in all brick and mortar stores. Audio versions and foreign editions should follow. I hope I can talk about the publisher soon.

Are you going to have midgets in it?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 08:10:00 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 24, 2011, 05:23:39 PM

Midgets and albinos are sorely under represented in the zombie world.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 08:15:41 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on January 24, 2011, 08:10:00 PM

Quote from: rickfc on January 24, 2011, 05:23:39 PM

Midgets and albinos are sorely under represented in the zombie world.

zombie albino midgets.  Make it happen, Crusis
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: June 09, 2011, 09:04:16 PM »

Hey all,

I'm sad to say that The Zombie Wilson Diaries is now out of print. I have the rights back to my book and hope to land it with a larger publisher - in other words, my agent is out trying to make money.

I haven't abandoned fans of the book. With the help of a pro editor I have been getting the book polished and slightly expanded. I've also been putting together an audio version and posting a few chapters a week. These aren't high tech. Just me and Audacity so don't expect sound effects and a British accent.  icon_lol

-Tim

drifter

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2011, 10:00:52 PM »

Just bought your book from I Tunes, almost forgot about it until I read this.
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2011, 01:23:17 AM »

Quote from: drifter on June 09, 2011, 10:00:52 PM

Just bought your book from I Tunes, almost forgot about it until I read this.

My book is on itunes? Sweet! I have to go send an email to get it removed. DOH!

Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 11, 2011, 12:18:17 AM »

Good luck with that. Not sure how complicated that will be, but my guess is fairly...

This book got me through post-op (also managed to freak me out and make it more impossible to sleep, even on morphine).

Quote from: Crusis on June 09, 2011, 09:04:16 PM

Hey all,

I'm sad to say that The Zombie Wilson Diaries is now out of print. I have the rights back to my book and hope to land it with a larger publisher - in other words, my agent is out trying to make money.

I haven't abandoned fans of the book. With the help of a pro editor I have been getting the book polished and slightly expanded. I've also been putting together an audio version and posting a few chapters a week. These aren't high tech. Just me and Audacity so don't expect sound effects and a British accent.  icon_lol

-Tim

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: June 11, 2011, 01:27:25 AM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on June 11, 2011, 12:18:17 AM

Good luck with that. Not sure how complicated that will be, but my guess is fairly...

This book got me through post-op (also managed to freak me out and make it more impossible to sleep, even on morphine).

I just emailed my publisher and asked him to get them pulled. This happened with my friend Rhiannon Frater. Her books were supposed to be pulled from smashwords (which feeds to Kobo, Sony, iTunes, and B and N). She had to get a cease and desist letter to force them to remove the books.

Sorry about the loss of sleep. LOL. I have a new book coming out in a few weeks and I hope it gets some interesting reactions. Jonathan Maberry said it was like Douglas Adams on magic mushrooms. SG Brown (Breathers) assured me I was going to hell for this one.

Einsteinium

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 14, 2011, 03:26:27 AM »

Oh, and I recently read Among the Living. Damn YOU!!!!

Several of the main characters seemed rather despicable, and thus I didn't care whether they lived or died (I had my preferences). But in the last pages I was shocked at the turn of events, and even more shocked that I wanted the despicable ones to live.

Excellent writing and character development. I salute you.

Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #65 on: June 14, 2011, 04:05:51 PM »

Quote from: Einsteinium on June 14, 2011, 03:26:27 AM

Oh, and I recently read Among the Living. Damn YOU!!!!

Several of the main characters seemed rather despicable, and thus I didn't care whether they lived or died (I had my preferences). But in the last pages I was shocked at the turn of events, and even more shocked that I wanted the despicable ones to live.

Excellent writing and character development. I salute you.

Sweet! Thanks for checking out ATL. I really want to do a sequel to it someday but I am under contract to deliver a new trilogy over the next 2 years. I was at a convention in Seattle a few weeks ago and several people asked about Among the Dead. UGH! I wish I had time to write it. I have part of it done and most of the plot in place.

Anyway, thanks again for reading!

-Tim

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 16, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »

i also was turned around in my impression of some of the characters and whether i cared for them surviving, but i did find myself wanting those two in particular to live through it.  if you've read the story, you know which two i mean.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
deadzone

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2011, 08:10:45 PM »

Just purchased everything I could find through the Kindle store!  Looknig forward to some good reads as I love me some Zombie stories. 
Crusis

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: August 15, 2012, 04:31:55 PM »

The Zombie Wilson Diaries return in the form of a new weekly free serial. Zombie Wilson Diaries 2 - More Coconuts!

Check out the artwork a friend of mine worked up.

edit: Forgot to mention this. The audio version is now on itunes and audible.com. Check out the narrator, he really nailed the whiny voice of the protagonist.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 04:40:41 PM by Crusis » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: