http://gamingtrend.com
October 30, 2014, 05:12:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The world sh** on me some more today  (Read 1821 times)
Daehawk
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: April 02, 2008, 11:26:24 PM »

Yet another crap day in the life of misery.

Had to leave around noon today to take my wife to an emergency room in the next town due to more severe pain. Where of course after 4 hours they did nothing..not even a temp taken. No scans, xrays, or medicine. Fucking assholes. But she would rather I not get into it more than that.

The thing is when I get home I go out to sit at our little dog's grave and talk to him. When i walk out I look up to the back yard area and notice a HUGE pile of limbs/wood piled up where our clothes line should be. It looks like someone came by with a dump truck and just dumped the wood on our clothesline. So I started cussing and walking up there when I start to notice somethings not right. These are BIG branches not something someone could carry easily. Then I follow the pile as it goes back and back and turns into a tree...a BIG ass honking tree. Damn old tree wtf. Its one of the old one and its at least 15+ feet around the trunk...wait the other end is sticking up in the air..oh holy hell! Its crushed my back building!!

The wife has a doll house back there. Not a little one but one on a foundation thats as big as one house room and has the big house roof and all. About 10 years ago we turned it into a dog jkennel and added another full room onto it. Well when we got rid of the dogs a few years back I turned that newer area into storage. Turns out the tree was BEHIND the building..broke near the ground, and fell all the way over the newer part and crashed into the clothesline. So no I got about a 1 ton tree laying on my roof with that broke end sticking up in the air about 25 feet. I mean wtf!!? we had no rain, wind, or anything today. God kicked me it seems..again.

The roof is crushed, the window is slanted, the door is at a wierd angel, the ceiling in now on the floor, and about 7 2x4 beams are now broke into. I cant tell you how scarey it is to be in there ruight under that massive tree and be able to look up and see it while I was moving our stored stuff to the other end of the building. I figured at any moment it would crack and fall and crush me. Mighta been better if it had. The wife and both are so tired of hurting and having shit happen. Shes wishing for cancer and Im hoping I have an accident. Its one of those times in a person's life I guess.

Supposed to storm tomorrow so i had to get that stuff moved. got old comics, star trek books, and momentoes in there. The only good thing is its turning warm and wont have to worry about it before winter again. We're like the people that when life gives them lemons they make lemonade cept with us we get food poisoned from it.

Mod Edit- No swearing allowed in post titles per CoC.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2008, 05:30:43 AM by Kevin Grey » Logged

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 12:17:17 AM »

sorry to hear that all that crap is going on.  I hope it gets better and more importantly that your wife is OK.
Dante Rising

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2008, 01:28:25 AM »

I was trying to think of something witty to say, but.....damn....
Hrothgar

Do you Talk Strategy?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2008, 02:26:14 AM »

Depressive and death thoughts should not be ignored.  Regardless of finances, there are community mental health clinics that will provide help.  Don't wait until it's too late.  Don't make excuses.  Get some help for your family.  Maybe it's just a passing mood, but why take that chance when there are people and organizations that want to help?  Good luck.

Cheers,
Hrothgar
Live gamertag & PSN name: HrothgarGG
I'm updating my website again.

"No, not alone."  -- War, Darksiders
Larraque

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2008, 02:30:54 PM »

As someone who used to be a very depressed individual and who has to fight every day to not fall back into the old depressed ways, I have to say, I'm also concerned by your tone Daehawk. Yes, that is a lot of bad stuff to have happen.

However, on the plus side of things, realize this - it hit the smaller, 'storage house' that you had, not your actual house. That's a blessing in itself, right there.

Where do you live, man? I'll take you out for a beer if you're in the Saint Louis region.
Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:49:28 PM »

Damn, Daehawk, sounds about like the shithole my own life has been lately. Even down to storage being ruined (the garage I rent got completely flooded because the dipshits who run the place never plowed in front of the door, so it formed an ice dam and all the melt went INTO the garage. Up to an inch or more of standing water/ice filling the whole damn thing. Frequent ER visits for my SO's migraines aren't doing her much good (3 since new year's) either, and don't come cheap, and take way too damn long to get anywhere (it shouldn't take three fucking hours to finally give someone a single shot of the same medication that helped them last time, while they're suffering, barely responsive and vomiting from the pain).

That's just the start of it. It's been a hell of a year, and I don't mean in a good way. I'm hoping things turn around soon. I've been pretty good at fighting depression (an ongoing battle my whole life) and anxiety the last couple years, only succumbing occasionally to them, but for about a week or two up until just the last couple days, I went through one of the worst bouts of depression I've had in years.

I'm finally manning up and, since counseling hasn't helped and I obviously can't fight it all the time on my own, going to talk to a physician about courses of treatment to help me out. I hate the idea of medicating myself to control my emotions (it just makes me feel weaker), but at the same time, our brains are chemically-driven, so it only makes logical sense that some people could have screwy chemistry in the brain that needs a little balancing.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2008, 04:25:38 PM »

Im in TN doh.

Well today Im taking her to get her hair washed and fixed. She doesn't feel like doing it herself right now and it makes her feel good to get out and talk to her friends. She went to school with her hairdresser smile And for myself Im gonna grab me a Lotta-Burger. Its a special burger The Rebel makes. mm,mmm good. Nothing else like it in the world.

And ya it coulda hit the house I suppose. If it had fallen the other way it would have killed our outside dog. Guess its not all bad. Maybe with the clothes line gone I can talk her into renting to own a dryer lol.

Farscry

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2008, 04:55:02 PM »

Yeah, things could be worse for us too, but just because "things could be worse" it doesn't mean that things aren't rough for you to deal with right now. I mean, hell, every single person in the world except for one can say "well, it could be worse, just look at <insert person with worse life here>" so that's a red herring.

Just letting you know you're not alone, life really sucks sometimes, but just hang on and look for the things that make it worthwhile when lots of other stuff sucks.

Purge - You have unlocked an Achievement!
You are now of the rank reprobate
IkeVandergraaf

RRoD FTL! F MS!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2008, 05:15:55 PM »

Sorry to hear about your troubles Daehawk.  I know I bust on you a lot, but in truth I respect you for continuing to fight the good fight no matter what happens in your life.  Any chance you've got insurance that might cover your losses?

Gamertag = IkeV
I KNOW DEEP IN MY NMIND THAT THIS DISGUSTING WEBSITE THAT IS OBIVOUSLY OPERATED BY HIGHSCHOOL DROPOUTS LIVING PURPOSELESS AND JOBLESS LIVES
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2008, 08:30:01 PM »

Not that i know of. Shehandles all that stuff. I think just the house is covered...as long as aliens dont attack it.

Semaj

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2008, 11:56:53 PM »

need a hug?

I'll give ya some sugar...   And a hug, nothing else though seeing as I am saving myself for CK...

WoW:
Venerable
Skywarden
Eagerly awaiting Drakes Fortune 2...
Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2008, 11:00:48 PM »

I thought homeowners insurance covered seperate dwellings as well? You should look into it...

The thing is when I get home I go out to sit at our little dog's grave and talk to him.

Also... That doesn't sound healthy... ?

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2008, 11:33:43 PM »

Dont see anything wrong with it. He was a 3rd of our life. Most that did in life was with or for him. We fixed it up with edging and white pebbles on top. I put plastic under those so grass wont grow . We have little angels and a cross shapped stone arrangement on it. We keep new flowers on it all the time. We sit out and talk to him hoping he hears us in doggy heaven and can be with him again some day. Gonna go by the local tombstone places soon and see if they can make him a small headstone for it.. During the X-Mas holiday he had his own little bitty Xmas tree with LCD lights. I wrapped him a milkbone present but it was raining so couldn't put it out. We miss our little boy. Wife was crying just today because I has washed his little toys that we didn't bury with him and had them hanging up. You should see how we buried the little guy. I sure miss him .

jblank

Always Outnumbered, Never Outgunned

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2008, 11:53:00 PM »

I know how you feel Daehawk. I suffer from severe depression and anxiety and probably 5 out of 7 days of the week, my days feel like yours did then.

XBOX 350 Gamertag = Phobos of Mars
PSN Gamertag = PhobosofMars
TC Weidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2008, 12:17:26 AM »

when life gets me down, I just think about the 4 Billion people or more that have it way worse then me.  They live in a crappy leantos, or a refugee camp or in a ghetto in some third world country.  They have barely enough to eat, no clean water, no nothing really.  I know the odds are I should be one of them and I aint ( so I already won the birth lotto)  I have electricity, food, water, nice bed, and so so much more.  My worst day is better than their best.  I have good health thankfully, for those without good health, I truly feel for you, its one of the things too many people take for granted ( I know Daehawk has many in his family and I hope they at some point their health turns around)

Anyway thats what I do.  As for missing your pet, Why not head to a shelter and adopt a lil dog that is down on his luck.  These dogs are already potty trained and domesticated pretty well, so there is very little training involved.  It would just be two lost souls finding one another.  ( I am a huge dog lover)  When I lost my best friend, my mother pushed me to geting another one, I balked but mother knows best, she drove me out and soon enough I had another emeber of the clan I couldnt imagine living a day without.

ANyway hang in there.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2008, 01:59:29 AM »

Oh we have 2 other little dogs. JoJoe who turned 10 last month and T2 who is 4 now. Timmy was just about 19. We got him 1 1/2 years after we first met and it was like losing a part of our relationship in a way. JoJoe has always been my big buddy and he is like my kid. I dont treat him like a dog....thats good and bad. T2 is a little dog we bought back when Timmy was alive. His name was Timmy also so we changed it to just T2. he is a runt..like 2 lbs wet smile. But nothing can replace little Timmy frown We have our memories. Im getting to the pointwhere I can think more of those times and smile instead of cry every time but the wife is taking longer. Timmy was more her buddy ..well like a child really. Its just taking lots more time than I thought. We used to have a kennel and Ive buried many many dogs over the years and mised each of them. Some much more than others..especially Timmy's offspring. He outlived the whole kennel cept for 2 dogs and one of those was his little daughter. She died 1 week after him. The other dog left is all alone up there. Once warm weather is here for good Im going to give her to a good home if I can find one so she will be happier.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2008, 07:12:41 AM »

Some things in life are bad,
They can really make you mad,
Other things just make you swear and curse,
When you're chewing life's gristle,
Don't grumble,
Give a whistle
And this'll help things turn out for the best.
And...

Always look on the bright side of life.
[whistle]
Always look on the light side of life.
[whistle]

If life seems jolly rotten,
There's something you've forgotten,
And that's to laugh and smile and dance and sing.
When you're feeling in the dumps,
Don't be silly chumps.
Just purse your lips and whistle.
That's the thing.
And...

[whistle]
Always look on the right side of life,
[whistle]

For life is quite absurd
And death's the final word.
You must always face the curtain with a bow.
Forget about your sin.
Give the audience a grin.
Enjoy it. It's your last chance, anyhow.
So,...

Always look on the bright side of death,
[whistle]
Just before you draw your terminal breath.
[whistle]

Life's a piece of shit,
When you look at it.
Life's a laugh and death's a joke it's true.
You'll see it's all a show.
Keep 'em laughing as you go.
Just remember that the last laugh is on you.
And...

Always look on the right side of life.
[whistle]

Always look on the bright side of life!
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]
[whistle]

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2008, 11:50:06 AM »

I don't see a big deal here.  A tree fell on your out building.  A small inconvenience in life, along the lines of "my car broke down" or "my refrigerator stopped working and I just restocked the groceries".  It doesn't deserve a big, traumatic, angst-filled "woe is me" thread. 

Of course, a one-ton tree doesn't just fall on its own - with "no rain, wind, or anything today".  I'm sure it was dead.  Therefore, you probably just ignored the risk for quite a while.  Dead trees fall over...that's why we hikers call them "widowmakers" and you never camp under one.  Next time you have a dead tree in your yard, remove it before it falls on something.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2008, 12:32:57 PM »

My advice, Daehawk, is to de-stress yourself. Thankfully, no one was hurt in the accident. A building can be replaced in time. Stuff is just stuff; you think you'll miss it but you'll be surprised to see what you won't. Take pleasure in the little things, like having that big ole juicy burger you talked about. Go for a leisurely walk with your wife in a nice day. Have a nice afternoon sitting outside in your porch with a cup of tea and a good book. Settle yourself down. You'll feel better.

Somebody else wants to say something to you...

Looks like someone needs a hug! Come over here big lug. Heeee-heeeeeee!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2008, 04:12:38 PM »

I love that pic.

And the tree wasn't dead. Its all good wood up the middle. Besides in the winter how can you tel la dead tree fro ma live one with no leaves.

Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2008, 04:42:16 PM »

Got some photos. Even made a panorama one. As you can see it wasn't a dead tree. Also in the inside shot you can barely see how the ceiling fell and the door is crooked and un usable now.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2008, 04:45:14 PM by Daehawk » Logged

Ridah
Senior Staff Writer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2008, 04:46:19 PM »

Dude... That back building looks friggin scary  icon_eek I would not go in there...

Sean Lama
Senior Staff Editor, GamingTrend
Lee

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 06:20:24 AM »

Quote from: Daehawk on April 02, 2008, 11:26:24 PM

a BIG ass honking tree. Damn old tree wtf. Its one of the old one and its at least 15+ feet around the trunk

A bit of an exaggeration don't you think? slywink
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 07:49:04 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on April 05, 2008, 11:50:06 AM

I don't see a big deal here.  A tree fell on your out building.  A small inconvenience in life, along the lines of "my car broke down" or "my refrigerator stopped working and I just restocked the groceries".  It doesn't deserve a big, traumatic, angst-filled "woe is me" thread. 

Of course, a one-ton tree doesn't just fall on its own - with "no rain, wind, or anything today".  I'm sure it was dead.  Therefore, you probably just ignored the risk for quite a while.  Dead trees fall over...that's why we hikers call them "widowmakers" and you never camp under one.  Next time you have a dead tree in your yard, remove it before it falls on something.

WTF?  saywhat Everyone has different levels of tragedy. What may not seem like a tragedy to you, might be a tragedy to someone else. I don't know Daehawk personally, but if I were him, something like this would be a tragedy to me. I don't exactly have the money to just rebuild something.  What are you to judge that it's not something worthy of angts-filled woe? How do you know his monetary situation? Do YOU have the money to help him rebuild?? If not....

It might not have been a dead tree as Daehawk indicates. But it could have been a weak tree with a disease. It could have been rotten with no way of knowing it would fall. The fact is, it was out of his control. Nature decided to throw him a curveball. How is he supposed to react?

This would however make me check the other trees in the area to make sure they don't have the same problem. Maybe cut down the trees that are close to the shed.

One year when I was young, my Grandmother rented a cottage, and she invited the whole family to stay with her for a few weeks. As chance would have it, we had a tornado pass by that luckily missed us. It was very scary as we had never experienced anything like it, living in Ontario. We all heard the fierce heavy wind, and it was scary. It's something that I remember vividly.

Anyhow, we woke up the morning after to find one of the big large trees had just missed us, uprooted, and fallen on the neighbour's roof, which had completely crushed it, but we felt traumatized anyway because it had happened so close by, and we felt terrible for the neighbours
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2008, 08:02:44 PM »

GREAT post PRGMR!  i second everything you say - including everything that... thing says smile

good luck dae - sounds like youre a bit cheered up already - glad it sounds like the wife is feeling a bit better too
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2008, 09:22:03 PM »

Thanks all.

Ya her antibiotics are helping and we've found Aleve to help too.

Something I noticed about the tree is the part up in the air has a big piece just hanging there. I took a closer look and it appears to have some very old barbwire fence running through it where it broke. Guess thats the weak spot. Either someone in the past used the tree as a post and cut into it some to put the fence in or as the tree grew it grew into the fence.. This place is over 100 years old. Long before a house was here it was a church.

Maybe they didn't move the graves smile

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2008, 10:35:43 PM »

Quote from: Ridah on April 05, 2008, 04:46:19 PM

Dude... That back building looks friggin scary  icon_eek I would not go in there...

I keep on expecting leatherface to jump out with a chainsaw in that last pic....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2008, 03:18:18 AM »

Quote from: Rumpy on April 06, 2008, 07:49:04 PM

WTF?  saywhat Everyone has different levels of tragedy. What may not seem like a tragedy to you, might be a tragedy to someone else. I don't know Daehawk personally, but if I were him, something like this would be a tragedy to me. I don't exactly have the money to just rebuild something.  What are you to judge that it's not something worthy of angts-filled woe? How do you know his monetary situation? Do YOU have the money to help him rebuild?? If not....

So if someone posts that the "world shit on them" because they have a hangnail, you won't mind?

While there are plenty of things in life that qualify as tragedies - for example, the illness of Dea's wife, the situation in Darfur, the state of the Yankees' bullpen - I don't see this as being anything more than minor inconvenience.  Do I have the money to help him rebuild?  Yes, I do.  But that's what his homeowner's insurance is for.  No fuss, no muss.  It's an inconvenience, nothing more, nothing less.  Now if he had a '65 Thunderbird in that out building, then we're talking about a tragedy. 

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2008, 03:52:52 AM »

Our insurance only covers the house. Couldn't afford to cover outside stuff. It'll live. I went in and moved all the stuff as I could. We're hoping to get it off the roof before winter arrives but we wont be repairing it. If i win the lottery Ill rebuild it hehe...then again Id need to buy a ticket for that. smile

Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2008, 06:06:17 AM »

Quote from: Blackadar on April 07, 2008, 03:18:18 AM

Quote from: Rumpy on April 06, 2008, 07:49:04 PM

So if someone posts that the "world shit on them" because they have a hangnail, you won't mind?

Nope, but this isn't on the same level as a hangnail. It's far worse, in my opinion. I wouldn't call it "just an inconvenience". Just because it's a small tragedy to you, doesn't mean it's a small tragedy to someone else.  We all have personal tragedies for instance. Just because it's not a large tragedy that affects you or me doesn't mean it's not something worth being angry about. As you can tell, Daehawk's having a tough time in his life at the moment, and this is something that only adds to it. To him, it's definitely not just "a hangnail."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: