http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 06:09:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The wonders of Biometrics and pr0n  (Read 1194 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2005, 03:59:49 PM »

CNN link

I love technology like this, but how many kids will want to give their computers the finger? Only time will tell.... slywink

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 04:05:57 PM »

Do people really care if underage kids are looking at adult websites?  I mean there are a lot of other worst things they could be doing in their free time…
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 04:17:59 PM »

Ahh, but this is America you see. Home to Boobgate. The land where violence and bad language are okay but shall we show any part of the body? Hell no.

:roll:

Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2005, 05:11:34 PM »

Do people really care if underage kids are looking at adult websites? I mean there are a lot of other worst things they could be doing in their free time…

There's also a lot of other better things they could be doing.

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"
Ahh, but this is America you see. Home to Boobgate. The land where violence and bad language are okay but shall we show any part of the body? Hell no.

Yes, all parents I know want their kids to grow up to be foulmouthed gangbangers

:roll: indeed.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2005, 05:34:10 PM »

Quote from: "whiteboyskim"

Well there are those of us parents who protect their children from violent media, discourage bad language and want to guide our children's education about sexual material so it happens in an age-appropriate manner.  It's not quite so simple as you've presented it.
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2005, 08:41:05 PM »

I’m a little baffled by this last bit.  I have no problem with parent being concerned about their children and wishing to guide them, that’s what a good parent does.  However, I learned about sex in the first grade, other children swore regularly, and violent movies were the in thing at my school.  Not to mention that I watched a 2nd grader throw a snowball at a friend which inadvertently contained a shard of ice which severed his ear.  All of this in the first couple years of school.

Violence, sex, and profanity are part of everyday life, part of our culture; to deny this to a child who, unless very young, has probably already seen worst seems not only impossible but very foolish.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2005, 09:05:41 PM »

Quote from: "Lordnine"
I’m a little baffled by this last bit.  I have no problem with parent being concerned about their children and wishing to guide them, that’s what a good parent does.  However, I learned about sex in the first grade, other children swore regularly, and violent movies were the in thing at my school.  Not to mention that I watched a 2nd grader throw a snowball at a friend which inadvertently contained a shard of ice which severed his ear.  All of this in the first couple years of school.

Well lets just say that my sons (ages 5-9) know about sex and have seen boobs.  Some things I deem appropriate for them to watch some I don't.  They have not seen Anal Bukkake Festival 6.  Although I hear it's quite a sight to see.

Part of me being a (hopefully) good parent is that I'm involved in their lives in a major way: guiding, directing, protecting and exposing them to life when they are ready.  I'm much more worried about my sons watching violence than I am about them catching sight of a boob.  That said, my wife doesn't run around shirtless (at least while they're awake  :wink:) and, given the choice, I'd rather they understand and respect the concept of privacy and modesty.

Violence, sex, and profanity are part of everyday life, part of our culture; to deny this to a child who, unless very young, has probably already seen worst seems not only impossible but very foolish.

Because they have or will see something that is wrong or inappropriate for them at a particular age does that mean I should give up trying to guide or protect them?  I'm not following your use of the word "deny" here.
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer

Hard partier

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2005, 09:10:23 PM »

I was actually referring to the hoopla surrounding Janet Jackson, as though she were the epicenter of all that is wrong and immoral in the world.  :roll: The FCC received around 250,000 complaints regarding the Super Bowl last year. There are over 260 million people in the US. Were the FCC not as anal retentive as they were, they'd tell that 250K there's no way in hell that many remote controls all failed at the exact same time. Point being there are a lot of silly people in our society who not only have their internal compasses backasswards, but who also need a basic understanding of modern electronics. slywink

Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2005, 11:20:43 PM »

Do people really care if underage kids are looking at adult websites?  I mean there are a lot of other worst things they could be doing in their free time…

You mean things like learning how to spell?

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Lordnine

Lord of the Rutabagas

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2005, 12:22:39 AM »

I wasn’t trying to single you out warning; but I have often seen parents who try to solve problems that they don’t want to deal with by simply pushing them out of sight.  Regardless of what security you use or how adamantly you try to shelter them, there is always a work around, and children will almost always manage to be smarter than their parents and find it.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2005, 12:31:03 AM »

A lot of graveyard residents and science lab skeletons are going to start missing thier middle digits.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: