http://gamingtrend.com
October 20, 2014, 04:54:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 44082 times)
Punisher
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: March 25, 2014, 06:41:31 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on March 24, 2014, 07:30:05 PM

Quote from: Scraper on March 24, 2014, 05:57:27 PM

Terminous is just wrong. Where are the guards, where are the defenses? They just walked right on in. I'm betting on cannibals with a whole ton of hidden firepower.

That's exactly what I said when the episode ended. Look at all the vegetables and the big grill. Wait - where's the MEAT ... Cannibals.
Even my wife realized this! This was probably the most unrealistic thing I've seen in a while on this show.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 26, 2014, 06:32:50 AM »

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 26, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on March 25, 2014, 06:41:31 PM

Even my wife realized this!

icon_lol  You better hope she doesn't peruse this site if you're going to state things like that.   icon_wink

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 26, 2014, 05:30:38 PM »

oooooh holy crap thanks for pointing out those pictures!!!!  where the heck was that?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 26, 2014, 10:04:41 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 26, 2014, 05:30:38 PM

oooooh holy crap thanks for pointing out those pictures!!!!  where the heck was that?

That looks like the house where Michone and Carl were playing Quid Pro Quo.

That's a fantastic connection.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1325 on: March 31, 2014, 03:09:03 PM »

so, the gang's back together now.  although I didn't see Beth in there.  wow, Rick's gone over to the dark side again.  they way he took out that guy was pretty gruesome, but I don't think I could have let him go either, were I in Rick's shoes. 

at least now we know how well Terminus is guarded. 

going to be a long wait until season 5

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1326 on: March 31, 2014, 03:19:15 PM »

Yeah, I don't know how our heroes are going to get themselves out of that rail car and the compound. The cavalry is limited to Carol, Tyrese, and maybe Beth, so that's not too encouraging either. Unless maybe they stumble across a working locomotive.  icon_biggrin

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 31, 2014, 06:30:08 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 31, 2014, 03:19:15 PM

Yeah, I don't know how our heroes are going to get themselves out of that rail car and the compound. The cavalry is limited to Carol, Tyrese, and maybe Beth, so that's not too encouraging either. Unless maybe they stumble across a working locomotive.  icon_biggrin

Don't forget the secret weapon: BABY JUDITH!!!  While it certainly appears our heroes are at a disadvantage, I have to question the strategic decision to put the new group together with the rest of their friends.  I suppose you could argue they didn't have enough time to plan to herd them to another spot, or they didn't have enough locations?  Either way I certainly wouldn't want them to have more resources/people at their disposal.  It's like imprisoning the Fantastic Four with the X-Men, or something like that lol.  I also didn't understand what the point was of lining them up in a particular order to enter aside for dramatic effect and to give them all cute nicknames.

I know it was probably silly, but I really thought there was a chance Carl might die at the end there.  I thought he might go psycho and go for his gun and start shooting.  The whole way the episode kept flashing back, and the long pan onto his face in the beginning of the episode, little things that were said during the episode, all gave me a sense of dread.  Probably more just me.  As much as I am a Carl fan, I really think that would have been an awesome game changer for the show.

It's interesting because a couple of the key lines/scenes were straight out of the comic, but I didn't remember them at all.  They were relatively small plot elements fairly early on in the comic (issue 57 if you are interested).  Also interesting is that Rick's moment with Daryl (which I absolutely loved) was with the Sergeant in the comic, and I had completely forgotten this but both Andrea and Dale were both still alive at this point in the comic. 

Nitpicking aside, great payoff all around, absolutely can't wait for next season!!  I almost had a heart attack when I read one website saying the show was returning October 2015!   eek  Apparently just a typo and it will be back this October  Tongue
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:16 PM »

Quote from: rittchard
While it certainly appears our heroes are at a disadvantage, I have to question the strategic decision to put the new group together with the rest of their friends.

While I think the fact they really didn't have the luxury of time is certainly part of it, I also get the idea that this Terminus group is pretty arrogant. I think Rick recognizes this too, and plans to exploit it to his advantage (hence the "they're going to feel stupid" line at the end).
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 31, 2014, 09:12:32 PM »

Putting them together did seem like a dumb move.

I had the same thoughts about Carl at the end there, so it's not just you ritt.  With all the flashbacks, I thought Rick might go, too, but instead he came back from Farmer Rick to full-on personification of the not-so-subtle irony in the show's title.  I think what died was Rick's innocence (again) and maybe Carl's (again).

As for how the Duke boys are going to get out of this one, I couldn't imagine how they were going to get out of being surrounded by that group of nasties early in the ep, but they sure as hell did (wow, that was pretty jaw-dropping).  I'm guessing that there will be an insider (money's on Beth) to get the ball rolling.

Did we all notice the bone yard as they were running from the worse-than-stormtrooper roof guards?  Looks like cannibalism may have been a good guess.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 31, 2014, 09:33:10 PM »

The storm trooper thing was on purpose.. They were herding them to A. ( I kept thinking.. " the bomb has been planted")
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 31, 2014, 09:37:47 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on March 31, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

The storm trooper thing was on purpose.. They were herding them to A. ( I kept thinking.. " the bomb has been planted")

I thought that at first, but the path didn't make a lot of sense.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 31, 2014, 09:54:44 PM »

*I assume the train car is where they fatten everyone up like Thanksgiving turkeys.  drool
*For a little bit I thought maybe the whole place is some kind of movie studio. The strafing on the ground was waaaay too precise, too obviously special FX squibs on the pavement so I had this idea briefly it was a bunch of wackos trying to make a movie during the apocalypse.  icon_razz

It was fun to have Andrew Lincoln finally on Talking Dead along with the showrunner/executive producer who thank God will return. We'll see how long that lasts.  paranoid Lincoln told EW that while he appreciated the extra time off this year, his wife eventually pushed him to go back to the set to see his friends and hang out. He loves to work and is pleased from that standpoint that next season calls for him to appear in a lot more episodes on a consistent basis.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 31, 2014, 10:45:43 PM »

I think we were supposed to draw the connection between their storm-trooper herding trap and Rick's bunny trap earlier in the episode.  Given that, it's plausible that Rick deliberately gambled that they would be led to his friends. 

There was a fairly abrupt cut between the scene where they were scoping things out and when they all just jump over the fence, so I'm guessing they had some sort of contingency worked out before leaping in.  Certainly they had time to think things through a little better than what was shown on screen (Rick burying the extra weapons). 

Also side question, did they show a bunch of baby formula on the ground somewhere, and if so, where was that?  Were we to assume/guess Judith and gang are already there as well? 
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: April 01, 2014, 04:08:33 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 31, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

Also side question, did they show a bunch of baby formula on the ground somewhere, and if so, where was that?  Were we to assume/guess Judith and gang are already there as well?

There were remnants of a powdered milk package, along with some powder and a styrofoam bowl, on the ground next to the steps into the train car. Rick looks down and they show them just before they all go inside. I'm not sure what it meant, but it was definitely a deliberate effort to make you notice those things.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: April 01, 2014, 02:06:56 PM »

There were remnants of a powdered milk package, along with some powder and a styrofoam bowl, on the ground next to the steps into the train car. Rick looks down and they show them just before they all go inside. I'm not sure what it meant, but it was definitely a deliberate effort to make you notice those things.

Fattenin' them up?
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: April 01, 2014, 02:28:15 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 31, 2014, 10:45:43 PM

I think we were supposed to draw the connection between their storm-trooper herding trap and Rick's bunny trap earlier in the episode.  Given that, it's plausible that Rick deliberately gambled that they would be led to his friends. 

There was a fairly abrupt cut between the scene where they were scoping things out and when they all just jump over the fence, so I'm guessing they had some sort of contingency worked out before leaping in.  Certainly they had time to think things through a little better than what was shown on screen (Rick burying the extra weapons). 

So what you're saying is that Rick is Jedi Luke and Terminus is Jabba's palace? It's a good theory. My guess is that Rick and Co have some weapons hidden on them somewhere.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: April 01, 2014, 04:46:19 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 31, 2014, 09:37:47 PM

Quote from: Punisher on March 31, 2014, 09:33:10 PM

I thought that at first, but the path didn't make a lot of sense.
Not sure what you mean? The path was pretty obviously marked with the letter A.. Hence my counter strike reference.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: April 01, 2014, 06:08:46 PM »

From the constant look of discomfort on Rick's face throughout the episode, I'm guessing he's kiestered one of the rifles....

Thought it was a good episode over all.  I really hope the cannibalism hints are just red herrings though.  They spent an awful lot of time during that episode emphasizing just how far some would go for their loved ones...or to survive.  I'd like to see Terminus revealed as a community like Rick's, but one that was attacked so ruthlessly or so often that they eventually lost their humanity and now they're of the "strike first, ask questions later" kind.  The only thing that wouldn't work in that scenario is the calls for recruits they send out.  Unless they're operating under the belief that they need to exterminate everyone in order to be safe.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: April 01, 2014, 10:13:09 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on April 01, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

From the constant look of discomfort on Rick's face throughout the episode, I'm guessing he's kiestered one of the rifles....

Thought it was a good episode over all.  I really hope the cannibalism hints are just red herrings though.  They spent an awful lot of time during that episode emphasizing just how far some would go for their loved ones...or to survive.  I'd like to see Terminus revealed as a community like Rick's, but one that was attacked so ruthlessly or so often that they eventually lost their humanity and now they're of the "strike first, ask questions later" kind.  The only thing that wouldn't work in that scenario is the calls for recruits they send out.  Unless they're operating under the belief that they need to exterminate everyone in order to be safe.
I think the "calls for recruits" is more of food delivery/recruit. I would suspect that some people are actually recruited.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: April 02, 2014, 12:27:15 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on April 01, 2014, 10:13:09 PM

Quote from: hepcat on April 01, 2014, 06:08:46 PM

I think the "calls for recruits" is more of food delivery/recruit. I would suspect that some people are actually recruited.
It would be a nice surprise if the cannibal hints were really red herrings to something else.  I'm not sure if the show is that clever to use that kind of misdirection though. 
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: