http://gamingtrend.com
November 25, 2014, 12:50:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 46526 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: November 18, 2013, 11:18:00 PM »

wow, I actually dozed off during the episode....

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: November 19, 2013, 06:04:49 PM »

Loved the last two episodes.  Hope they move away from the prison soon.  Another excellent season.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: November 19, 2013, 08:55:25 PM »

finally made it through the last episode.  not ready to give up the series like leo, but damn it was slow.

Because I can,
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: November 19, 2013, 10:43:58 PM »

The Governor has a heart after all.

Still thinking he and Carol might team up, two people who try to 'do good' for the rest even if it means people have to get hurt. Shane had that mentality as well. (The massacre aside, anyway.)

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: November 19, 2013, 10:45:35 PM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on November 19, 2013, 10:43:58 PM

The Governor has a heart after all.

Still thinking he and Carol might team up, two people who try to 'do good' for the rest even if it means people have to get hurt. Shane had that mentality as well. (The massacre aside, anyway.)

yep.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: November 19, 2013, 10:58:23 PM »

I thought it was a wonderful episode.  This must be the one Andrew Lincoln was referring to, as he had mentioned his favorite of the season was one that he wasn't in.  Now this might have just been me, but the entire episode I was kind of on edge because I thought Gov was gonna go whacko and kill everyone for some reason or another.

All in all it reminded me fondly of Lost's "The Other 48 Days" or whatever it was called when they introduced the storyline from the Tailie's point of view.  Only problem was it didn't end up with the Governor at the prison, though perhaps that will happen next week?  I don't know if devoting two episodes to non-main characters is really the best idea, but I guess it depends on what happens.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: November 19, 2013, 11:40:59 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 19, 2013, 10:58:23 PM

Now this might have just been me, but the entire episode I was kind of on edge because I thought Gov was gonna go whacko and kill everyone for some reason or another.
I was feeling the same thing.  It seemed like in almost every scene his brain was processing whether to kill everyone.  If that tension was intended, it worked on me.  I kept saying to myself, "don't kill them, don't kill them, don't kill them".  But by the end I was kind of hoping/expecting that noncop would meet her demise.

I thought I was watching a video game in the beginning of the episode when he kept getting rpg quests.  He was doing those because they all somehow tied back to the girl.  I felt like I was watching an episode of Fallout for awhile. 
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: November 25, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »

Interesting conclusion to "The Other XX Days"/Governor side quest.  Nice to see he is as whacked out as ever.  The promo for next week was kind of disappointing in an exciting way. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I love big battles but didn't they already do this last season?  And now he wants to do this after killing two of his best fighters, really?  Michonne could probably wipe out that entire group on her own.  Heck, Carl probably could too.  I mean seriously all they have is Alvarez from Oz and a couple of hot lesbians.  Seems kinda silly.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1168 on: November 26, 2013, 04:05:44 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 25, 2013, 11:40:53 PM

Interesting conclusion to "The Other XX Days"/Governor side quest.  Nice to see he is as whacked out as ever.  The promo for next week was kind of disappointing in an exciting way. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
I love big battles but didn't they already do this last season?  And now he wants to do this after killing two of his best fighters, really?  Michonne could probably wipe out that entire group on her own.  Heck, Carl probably could too.  I mean seriously all they have is Alvarez from Oz and a couple of hot lesbians.  Seems kinda silly.

Spoiler for Hiden:
And a tank. Don't forget the tank.

I'm glad the digression is over because I thought they spent too much time introducing disposable characters just to build the Guv back up. I'll reconsider if any of those throwaway characters actually survive to become regulars.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: November 26, 2013, 03:47:27 PM »

Oh good, he's still a murdering psychopath.  I thought the writers might be trying to redeem him. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
The scarlet A tags on those dead guys ended up serving as a reminder to him of who he is, rather than a warning to scare him down the path of goodness.
Round 2 of the Gov versus Rick & The Prison Gang for the mid-season finale.  Let's close this story arch and move on.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: November 26, 2013, 04:04:21 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 26, 2013, 03:47:27 PM

Oh good, he's still a murdering psychopath.  I thought the writers might be trying to redeem him. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
The scarlet A tags on those dead guys ended up serving as a reminder to him of who he is, rather than a warning to scare him down the path of goodness.
Round 2 of the Gov versus Rick & The Prison Gang for the mid-season finale.  Let's close this story arch and move on.

Sorry, this is a pet peeve of mine. It's "story arc" - not a big deal, just one that gets me, for some reason.

I also am glad this Gov stuff is almost over.  The only thing I liked about it was seeing the guy from Fringe and the dude from Dollhouse as brothers.  That was exciting.  I was looking forward to them getting out from under the Gov and joining the group.

Spoiler for Hiden:
disgust

Honestly, I realize as I'm watching that my personal bias against the Gov is tainting everything I see him do, but that knowledge doesn't help when he's still aiming his goddamned gun through his eyepatch.  That's beyond making a bad choice as an actor.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:44 PM »

I like the picture from last season of the Gov actor actually scoping in with his patched eye.  I have a hard time accepting that the actor doesn't know what he's doing. It's like he's trolling the audience on purpose.  Could an actor really be that unaware of something like that? 
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: November 26, 2013, 05:17:08 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on November 26, 2013, 05:01:44 PM

I like the picture from last season of the Gov actor actually scoping in with his patched eye.  I have a hard time accepting that the actor doesn't know what he's doing. It's like he's trolling the audience on purpose.  Could an actor really be that unaware of something like that? 

If he's posing and not actually putting himself in the moment, yes. 

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: November 26, 2013, 06:36:26 PM »

He's so good he isn't actually using visual aiming, he just does it by instinct.  Kind of like basketball players making shots blindfolded.

Hey, if Carl can wipe out a horde of 100 zombies, I'm willing to accept the arch-villain can shoot blindfolded lol.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: December 01, 2013, 11:10:27 AM »

I dunno,because if that is how you shoot a gun and have done for sometime,instincts and force of habit may still have you holding the gun up to shoot

However....
Okay,something for you to do at home
pretend to hold a rifle up to your eye now as though looking down the scope,close one eye...now open it and close the other,you hardly need to move the 'rifle',same with if you pretend its a hand gun with arm outstretched-this for me is an absolute non issue

If it does really bother you,see below

As for the actor himself,I'm enjoying him as The Governor in this series as much as the last

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: December 01, 2013, 05:38:39 PM »

he was using an aimbot!

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1176 on: December 02, 2013, 03:23:18 AM »

Well, that was...I won't say unexpected, because it wasn't entirely...but sad just the same.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: December 02, 2013, 04:21:29 AM »

Yeah.. Kind of sucks.. Also, quite a few wtf/holy shit moments

Spoiler for Hiden:
Carl has some competition now!
Spoiler for Hiden:
also, not 100% sure the governor is dead. They did not show the actual headshot. She might have flinched at the end.
Spoiler for Hiden:
i do think there was a cop out with the tank.. They had a tank and they should have bee able to do more damage.. He'll just sit back and keep shelling the prison..
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 04:27:43 AM by Punisher » Logged
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1178 on: December 02, 2013, 04:33:17 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on December 02, 2013, 04:21:29 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
also, not 100% sure the governor is dead. They did not show the actual headshot. She might have flinched at the end.

Spoiler for Hiden:
After being run clean through with a sword and left in a field of zombies, I think the only question is whether the Gov is going to be eaten or zombified, or if he was spared both of those fates. While it's true that we didn't see the coup de grace, I'll be very surprised if he comes back after that.

Speaking of not seeing the body, though, are we sure that Little Asskicker is dead? We saw a bloody carseat, but no actual baby bits (unless I missed that). It's possible that Weird Girl or some other child got the baby onto the bus.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: December 02, 2013, 05:27:00 AM »

I like how they went out of the way to show how the Governor aims his guns.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: December 02, 2013, 06:28:22 AM »

one thing that occurred to me tonight:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if Carol really killed those two, or if she was covering for mini-Carol.  the dead rat in the tombs and the way min-Carol shot the cute lesbian chick in the face got me thinking....

Because I can,
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: December 02, 2013, 07:14:59 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on December 02, 2013, 04:33:17 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
After being run clean through with a sword and left in a field of zombies, I think the only question is whether the Gov is going to be eaten or zombified, or if he was spared both of those fates. While it's true that we didn't see the coup de grace, I'll be very surprised if he comes back after that.

Speaking of not seeing the body, though, are we sure that Little Asskicker is dead? We saw a bloody carseat, but no actual baby bits (unless I missed that). It's possible that Weird Girl or some other child got the baby onto the bus.

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the Talking Dead after show, the governor was included in the "in memorium" segment which confirms he is dead.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: December 02, 2013, 10:01:10 AM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on December 02, 2013, 07:14:59 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the Talking Dead after show, the governor was included in the "in memorium" segment which confirms he is dead.
Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't know if that really confirms it though. I am pretty sure the Talking Dead guys don't really have a lot of inside info, so they could be basing in memorium only on what they see on the show. That being said, I do admit it is a long shot for the Gov, but stranger things have happened on TV
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: December 02, 2013, 10:02:04 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't think the baby is dead, but that was a lot of blood..
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: December 02, 2013, 10:03:30 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2013, 06:28:22 AM

one thing that occurred to me tonight:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if Carol really killed those two, or if she was covering for mini-Carol.  the dead rat in the tombs and the way min-Carol shot the cute lesbian chick in the face got me thinking....
Spoiler for Hiden:
I think it's possible, but I don't think that's what happened. I do think it was Carol.. and that headshot was an assume WTF moment!
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: December 02, 2013, 05:59:48 PM »

Oh man...I liked
Spoiler for Hiden:
Hershel!  Sometimes the good ones have to go.
 When things get FUBAR'd on this show, the writers go all out.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm hoping the second half will be focused on small group survival.  Maybe we can get a better appreciation for what's happening in different parts of the state/region.

Thought about one of the characters:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I bet Carol will roll up in her car and help one of the small groups.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:12:40 PM by Roguetad » Logged
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: December 02, 2013, 06:02:42 PM »

thank god I watched the show last night, otherwise I may have had to strangle a woman at the grocery store who blurted out a spoiler clearly and loudly to someone else.

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: December 02, 2013, 08:38:18 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ding dong...

Good episode and a nice wrap up to the season and several plot lines, while laying the ground for some more.

Very sad if slightly predictable moments, as Ironrod says.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Once they got to the prison, it was pretty clear that someone was going to die, and Hershel seemed the most likely candidate, sadly (I would have put Tyreese at #2).  Didn't see the baby moment coming, though.  Riggs did a really nice job with that.  I agree that there's a good chance ass-kicker got picked up, though.  Hershel's child of the damned was off the bus to find kids.  Shortly after that, the bus left.  I bet the baby is on the bus.

I was a little worried that the bit with Carol's KidzTM was going to stray into parable territory, but it just danced around the edges.  If that's setting up something bigger, it could be cool.  I like your idea, CeeKay.  If it becomes a Message, then it's not.  This show usually pointedly tries to avoid that, for the better.

I think Carol will have hooked up with Fistbump Noncop by the time the second half starts, and then will come upon a splinter group.

Surely, though, they have a meeting place ready to go, so I don't know how long they'll be apart.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: December 02, 2013, 08:51:02 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 02, 2013, 08:38:18 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Ding dong...

Good episode and a nice wrap up to the season and several plot lines, while laying the ground for some more.

Very sad if slightly predictable moments, as Ironrod says.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Hershel's child of the damned was off the bus to find kids.  Shortly after that, the bus left.  I bet the baby is on the bus.

about the bus

Spoiler for Hiden:
I imagine she could have gotten Judith to Glenn, and that may be why the bus took off.  Beth (I am assuming this is who you mean by Child of the Damned) was last seen running off with Daryl.  I'm torn on the baby; in a way I wish they had stuck to the comics with her but I am not sure I can put up with another half season or more of whiny Rick.

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: December 03, 2013, 01:32:36 AM »

That was one crazy episode.  I both loved and hated it.  Loved because there was so much excitement, drama and crazy cool action.  Hated because there were so many inane contrived moments that just made no sense.  Not that it made me not enjoy the show, it just gets a little frustrating.  I also got a bit screwed as a friend revealed one of the key deaths over a text message, grrr.  I mean seriously, spoiler alert!!!!

Spoiler for Hiden:
Nooo!!  Herschel!!  Actually I thought he was going to die a couple episodes back.  He really lasted a lot longer than I thought he would but really grew on me over time.

Loved it:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Crazy Carol Girls, yeah baby!!!!  No lesbians in our house!!!

Bye Bye Prison, woohoo!!!

Hated it:

Spoiler for Hiden:
- No Crazy Carl shot, was really hoping he'd get the drop on the Governor.

- Stupid bad guys, seriously the whole attack seemed stupid and ill-planned, and how is it the whole group suddenly turns into a bunch of psycho war-mongers after one lousy speech?  And why did they leave the one chick behind all alone?  And why wasn't she watching her daughter closely after she'd already almost got bitten multiple times?  Sigh.

- Michonne rolling her way around a dozen bad guys just seemed a bit comical.  Really the gov didn't notice his biggest enemy just rolling all over?!?!

- I don't know why our team didn't just go in and hide deep in the prison like they did when they set their trap the first time.  Sure the Gov was familiar with the trick but what was his play?  If he used the tank to keep blowing everything up, there'd be nothing to save.  The plan just seemed screwy all around.

Wondering:

Spoiler for Hiden:
- Were they hinting that maybe Crazy Girl was the actual killer of the two people as opposed to Carol herself?  Could she have been covering?  Maybe I just misread that whole thing.  We never did find out who was feeding the rats to the zombies, did we?

- I heard producers wanted to eliminate the baby, but given that we didn't actually see it happen, maybe she's still alive?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: December 03, 2013, 02:26:35 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 03, 2013, 01:32:36 AM

Wondering:

Spoiler for Hiden:
- Were they hinting that maybe Crazy Girl was the actual killer of the two people as opposed to Carol herself?  Could she have been covering?  Maybe I just misread that whole thing.  We never did find out who was feeding the rats to the zombies, did we?

- I heard producers wanted to eliminate the baby, but given that we didn't actually see it happen, maybe she's still alive?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I wonder if they would actually show the death, or if they would just skip to the aftermath like they did.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: December 03, 2013, 02:28:06 AM »

interview with showrunner Scott Gimple where he talks about the midseason finale and hints at things to come.  Spoilers abound.

Because I can,
soulbringer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: December 03, 2013, 02:42:21 AM »

Didnt read all the thread so not sure if this was covered but I was hoping
Spoiler for Hiden:
Herchel would have not been beheaded so he could become Herchel Walker.. I mean he is from Georgia
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1193 on: December 03, 2013, 03:25:24 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 03, 2013, 02:28:06 AM

interview with showrunner Scott Gimple where he talks about the midseason finale and hints at things to come.  Spoilers abound.

The interview itself wasn't terribly spoilerific, but don't read the comments. I only had to see two people's between-the-lines interpretations before I wished I hadn't read them.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: December 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on December 03, 2013, 03:25:24 AM

interview with showrunner Scott Gimple where he talks about the midseason finale and hints at things to come.  Spoilers abound.

The interview itself wasn't terribly spoilerific, but don't read the comments. I only had to see two people's between-the-lines interpretations before I wished I hadn't read them.

There are crazy spoilers if you haven't seen the last episode, which is what I think CeeKay meant, though I don't know why you'd be clicking a link about the finale if you haven't seen it yet.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: December 03, 2013, 05:28:40 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on December 03, 2013, 01:44:33 PM

Quote from: Ironrod on December 03, 2013, 03:25:24 AM

There are crazy spoilers if you haven't seen the last episode, which is what I think CeeKay meant, though I don't know why you'd be clicking a link about the finale if you haven't seen it yet.

I figured better safe than sorry, plus there are some comic series spoilers as well mixed in, so if someone were reading the comics they could get some things ruined smile

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1196 on: December 03, 2013, 06:08:08 PM »

oh.  my. god.  what a terribly depressing way to end the half season.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
sad to see Hershel go like that.  that's twice now that the old and wisened leader has died, but by far the worse of the two.  really pissed that the governor went and did what he did.  I figured that one of them would die, but up until he put the katana under his neck, I thought he'd have picked Michonne.  I guess he still expected Rick to give up.  It worked out though as leaving Michonne alive was his undoing.  good that she kept her promise and was the one to finish off the gov.  

I think that the baby lived, and that Carol's girls picked her up before they fled.  I think Carol was close by and watching the prison and helped the girls escape.  Michonne will likely rejoin with Tyreese, Sasha, Maggie and the Vet.  I think Rick and Carl will wander alone for a while and eventually meet up with one of the other splinter groups.  

suppose we'll see Lily as a zed next episode, or zed bait after killing herself.  

Exodor
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: December 03, 2013, 07:56:33 PM »

Quote from: soulbringer on December 03, 2013, 02:42:21 AM

Didnt read all the thread so not sure if this was covered but I was hoping
Spoiler for Hiden:
Herchel would have not been beheaded so he could become Herchel Walker.. I mean he is from Georgia

Dammit, I thought of a similar joke this morning but didn't have a chance to post it yet.  Well done.   nod crybaby
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: December 03, 2013, 08:10:55 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 03, 2013, 06:08:08 PM

oh.  my. god.  what a terribly depressing way to end the half season. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
sad to see Hershel go like that.  that's twice now that the old and wisened leader has died, but by far the worse of the two.  really pissed that the governor went and did what he did.  I figured that one of them would die, but up until he put the katana under his neck, I thought he'd have picked Michonne.  I guess he still expected Rick to give up.  It worked out though as leaving Michonne alive was his undoing.  good that she kept her promise and was the one to finish off the gov. 

I think that the baby lived, and that Carol's girls picked her up before they fled.  I think Carol was close by and watching the prison and helped the girls escape.  Michonne will likely rejoin with Tyreese, Sasha, Maggie and the Vet.  I think Rick and Carl will wander alone for a while and eventually meet up with one of the other splinter groups. 

suppose we'll see Lily as a zed next episode, or zed bait after killing herself. 

maybe

Spoiler for Hiden:
Lily will blame the group for the death and track them down for revenge.  she could become... the Governess!

Because I can,
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1199 on: December 06, 2013, 08:50:56 PM »

I think that was the finest episode of TWD yet. Finally we are getting to what I want! I want real threats, real consequences to the character's actions, I want more than endless supply runs. I realize that it's a long running series and there has to be a lot of filler and fan service but wow. That episode really put the fucking apocalypse into zombie-apocalypse. Well done. Bravo. Must watch again.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: