http://gamingtrend.com
October 24, 2014, 07:08:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 44753 times)
Ironrod
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2013, 03:13:00 AM »

Well, that was kind of pointless. Tense and entertaining, and I was tickled that they tied up that old loose thread. Disappointed that they left the story arc to do it, though. Looks like next week's episode will be the one I was expecting to see tonight.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2013, 03:31:45 AM »

This week's episode did feel a lot like filler. At least we got a break from Andrea. Next week is the showdown we've been waiting for.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 04, 2013, 04:37:23 AM »

I thought this was a fantastic episode.  Best of the season, or at least this half of the season.  More character stuff than we've had in a long time.  Michone finally got developed a bit, and it was a nice way to bring her into the fold more.

Plus it was really nice to get away from the Governor and Andrea. 

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 04, 2013, 05:47:55 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 04, 2013, 04:37:23 AM

I thought this was a fantastic episode.  Best of the season, or at least this half of the season.  More character stuff than we've had in a long time.  Michone finally got developed a bit, and it was a nice way to bring her into the fold more.

ya that was an awesome episode.  Always enjoyed the actor who played Morgan.  3 weeks in a row of great tv.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #924 on: March 04, 2013, 06:50:34 AM »

Quote from: naednek on March 04, 2013, 05:47:55 AM

ya that was an awesome episode.  Always enjoyed the actor who played Morgan.  3 weeks in a row of great tv.
totally agree.   Best episode since season two mid break.   The grief Morgan displayed and the  way he lost his son was tough to watch.   

Btw,  how harsh is it how they dealt with the hitchhiker?  That was brutal.   Tbh,  I'm not sure how I would've dealt with that myself.   Too much risk VS letting one more piece of your humanity die.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 04, 2013, 01:11:37 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 04, 2013, 06:50:34 AM

Quote from: naednek on March 04, 2013, 05:47:55 AM

totally agree.   Best episode since season two mid break.   The grief Morgan displayed and the  way he lost his son was tough to watch.   

Btw,  how harsh is it how they dealt with the hitchhiker?  That was brutal.   Tbh,  I'm not sure how I would've dealt with that myself.   Too much risk VS letting one more piece of your humanity die.

Re: Hitchhiker

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought the same thing.  They did a good job making him seem harmless, too.  I could totally imagine being that guy, getting this glimmer of hope, twice, only to have it go away both times.

I thought the end of the episode would play out differently, I have to say.  Once I saw we were back with them on the road, I thought they were going to take him in.  It seemed like Rick saw what losing your humanity entirely would do to a person, and it started him on the road to healing.

Of course, picking up the bag at the end with no remorse on their faces was just a reminder of the world they're in now.  The Rick of just a few months previous would have made sure to at least bury that guy.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 04, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

Awesome episode.  icon_cool I even watched the repeat at 11 p.m.

If you've seen it, mosey on over to EW.com for interviews with Kirkman and a ... Key cast member. :-)

Most promising thing is the script was by incoming new showrunner Scott Gimple, who Kirkman says is passionate about small details, and clearly Gimple has a handle on the characters. Although his penchant for passionate arguing makes me think he won't last with AMC any longer than Darabont and Mazzara.  paranoid
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:42:08 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 04, 2013, 02:46:18 PM »

I fell asleep right when the last commercial break started, and then when I went to watch the last 5 minutes this morning my damn DVR cut it off right when they were driving past that road block. So can someone summarize in spoilers what happened with the backpack dude?

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 04, 2013, 02:51:18 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 04, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

I fell asleep right when the last commercial break started, and then when I went to watch the last 5 minutes this morning my damn DVR cut it off right when they were driving past that road block. So can someone summarize in spoilers what happened with the backpack dude?

Spoiler for Hiden:
I basically did in my earlier spoiler, but just to clarify what I was vague about:  They saw his backpack abandoned on the road near what was probably his chewed up body.  They backed up and took the backpack into the car then drove away.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 04, 2013, 03:48:52 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 04, 2013, 02:51:18 PM

Quote from: Scraper on March 04, 2013, 02:46:18 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I basically did in my earlier spoiler, but just to clarify what I was vague about:  They saw his backpack abandoned on the road near what was probably his chewed up body.  They backed up and took the backpack into the car then drove away.
If they wanted to during summer break (I doubt they'd have the time), they could...
Spoiler for Hiden:
do some webisodes about "Erin," the hitchhiker, and the folks in the cars, I guess about their situation leading up to the glimpses of them in this episode of the show.

I loved seeing Morgan again. And stuff like the walkie talkie and talking about the pilot feels like a cool reward for having followed the show from day 1.  icon_smile In interviews, actor Lenny sounds like he would be game to be in more episodes, though he is apparently in demand back in UK for movies/shows.

Andrew Lincoln said they filmed the episode about the time of his 39th birthday and working with Lenny again was "the best present."  icon_cool

I liked Michonne getting to show some character and personality a bit rather than just being a grimacing, grunting, one note decapitator. I guess there's a danger in "softening" her too much. If they're going to incorporate her into the group, though, imho she needs to get to show at least a little teamwork and humanity, and I thought this episode did that without making her excessively warm and fuzzy (even with the goofy stuffed cat toy  icon_smile).
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:53:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #930 on: March 04, 2013, 07:12:41 PM »

I have to say that was my favorite episode of the season, and probably one of my favorites of the entire series.  So many fantastic character moments between the "big 3" (plus some closure on a plotline from season 1), and finally I think they can stop with the BS posturing against Michonne.  The hitchhiker bit was brutally honest and perfectly written.  The acting and direction were all just top notch, kudos all around.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #931 on: March 04, 2013, 07:18:20 PM »

Yup, I loved last night's episode.  It doesn't hurt that Lennie James is just one of those great character actors that raises the bar on any show he appears on.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #932 on: March 04, 2013, 08:06:46 PM »

EW had a nice recap of The Walking Dead's panel at PaleyFest Friday evening (so it does not cover Sunday's episode, fwiw). They talked in vague generalities about what's coming up rest of this season.

PaleyFest 2013: 10 things we learned from 'The Walking Dead' panel
http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/02/paleyfest-2013-walking-dead/
*I think the panel included Andrew Lincoln (Rick), Norman Reedus (Daryl), Laurie Holden (Andrea), Steven Yeun (Glenn) and executive producers Gale Ann Hurd and Greg Nicotero. Wouldn't be surprised if a video of the session went on the Season 3 disc set.
Executive Producer Gale Ann Hurd told EW that “the writer’s room has cooked up the first eight episodes, and they’ll probably start writing next week. And we start shooting May 6. We’re still finishing the season finale – editing and music.”
I've lost count. I think there are maybe four episodes left in this season. During the panel they talked about "the last five episodes of this season," which I assume includes yesterday's?

Now that I know what the Gimp can do writing-wise (he has written other episodes too), I don't know if I'm happy he's showrunner or not for Season 4. Because I want him to stay on the show long-term, and the more scripts he can do the merrier, right?  icon_smile Then again, if he can sort of help other writers (esp. new ones, I assume some writers will move on to other shows) grasp the characters and do good work, then sounds like a good showrunner, however long he can survive.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 08:11:03 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #933 on: March 11, 2013, 04:50:05 PM »

While last night's episode was more of a "set up" episode for the last few Season 3 episodes, it was...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Good to finally see Rick and The Governor finally meet, face to face.  icon_cool Although it was hard to match the intensity of last episode.

While I kept yelling at the screen, "Don't Trust Him!" during the chat with the Gov, I feel like we the audience know he'll lie directly to your face, but Rick doesn't have that experience to go on. Like, he wasn't there when the Gov (with a grin on his face) and his buds slaughtered the National Guard outfit.

As for who's gonna Kill the Gov (whether this season or next), the show has all sorts of candidates. It wouldn't surprise me if a less obvious choice finally does him in.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #934 on: March 11, 2013, 06:19:18 PM »

Yep, another setup episode. It may be another 1-2 "setup" episodes before the war actually starts given Rick has 48 hours to think about the trade.

Spoiler for Hiden:
  • Rick finally meets the Governor and they both get ample screen time for posturing and trying to gauge each other.
  • This episode seemed to cement Michonne's place in the group either by Rick's realization that ultimately she's an asset to the group or his reluctance to give her up (although this is probably due more to his character's nature and his complete distrust of the Governor).
  • Nice to see Hershel out and about away from the prison for a change. Daryl comparing zombie killing techniques with the Governor's henchman was funny too.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:57:00 PM by spigot » Logged

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #935 on: March 11, 2013, 06:42:39 PM »

Fantastic episode.  I loved the subtle things that arose during the various encounters.

The Governor using his wife's death as a way to gain Rick's trust, Herschel's encounter with a character I've up to now had no use for whatsoever.  Andrea's decision. 

Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #936 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:51 PM »

At first I thought Rick was going to be outmaneuvered and outplayed by the Gov.  Rick's speech post-meeting back at the prison was awesome, and made me think that Rick saw 100% through the Gov's deception.  But then his one on one with Hershel was dissapointing, because he admits to being in full contemplation of the Michonne swap proposal.  So in the episode I went from thinking Rick was out of his league, to feeling good that he saw through the deception and BS, back to thinking he's being outplayed.

Come on Rick, that SOB is going to kill all of you the second he gets the chance.  And Rick knows about all of the evil shit the Gov's done courtesy of Michonne.  So he's actually thinking about trading her back for the Gov's promise of peace?  That's idiotic on the level of Andrea's naive stupidity.  

There's only one option that minimizes the losses on both sides, and Merle was the only person to bring it up.  Kill the Governor.  The rest of Woodbury are mostly people who just want to survive.  Merle's approach is actually the least violent of all, especially if they were able to isolate the Gov away from Woodbury.      

Edited: I forgot to add that Merle's value to the group, as much as I can't stand him as a person, is that his tactics and strategy are almost always good when it comes to fighting.  If I'm remembering right, he's the only one in the group who actually served in the military before the ZA.  I don't think they've ever mentioned when, where and how he served, but he's had military training.  Every now and then it will surface when he gives his thoughts on the tactics of a situation (usually without any tact).   
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 07:59:12 PM by Roguetad » Logged
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #937 on: March 11, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

I have to say that the show has done a great job of making me like a racist hillbilly.  Merle's dedication to his brother is his saving grace, I believe.  Since Daryl is innately good (even if he's not actually aware of it) I'm wondering if that will be enough to keep Merle in line...and more importantly, on the show.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #938 on: March 11, 2013, 09:26:00 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on March 11, 2013, 07:52:51 PM

At first I thought Rick was going to be outmaneuvered and outplayed by the Gov.  Rick's speech post-meeting back at the prison was awesome, and made me think that Rick saw 100% through the Gov's deception.  But then his one on one with Hershel was dissapointing, because he admits to being in full contemplation of the Michonne swap proposal.  So in the episode I went from thinking Rick was out of his league, to feeling good that he saw through the deception and BS, back to thinking he's being outplayed.

Come on Rick, that SOB is going to kill all of you the second he gets the chance.  And Rick knows about all of the evil shit the Gov's done courtesy of Michonne.  So he's actually thinking about trading her back for the Gov's promise of peace?  That's idiotic on the level of Andrea's naive stupidity.  

There's only one option that minimizes the losses on both sides, and Merle was the only person to bring it up.  Kill the Governor.  The rest of Woodbury are mostly people who just want to survive.  Merle's approach is actually the least violent of all, especially if they were able to isolate the Gov away from Woodbury.      

Edited: I forgot to add that Merle's value to the group, as much as I can't stand him as a person, is that his tactics and strategy are almost always good when it comes to fighting.  If I'm remembering right, he's the only one in the group who actually served in the military before the ZA.  I don't think they've ever mentioned when, where and how he served, but he's had military training.  Every now and then it will surface when he gives his thoughts on the tactics of a situation (usually without any tact).  

Rogue, Rick wasn't actually considering the trade. Not really.  He said he knew it was a trap.  He knows what the right thing to do is, which is why he never even brought up the Michone option at all with the group.  The moment with Hershel was just showing the human side of him, which made it really nice.  He may know that the Gov would screw him they second the came in, but there would be just that little bit of "what if" doubt (especially because the cost is so great - there's no way everyone is going to make it through this war).  Heroes in TV shows and movies don't usually have that moment, which made it a really great moment.

Overall, I was lukewarm on the episode, for the usual reasons: the Gov and Andrea.  

Andrea didn't make a decision.  Now I'm sure she will, and it'll be a big moment, but for now she just got back in the car, despite hearing that her beaux did something horrifyingly awful to Maggie (she may not know exactly what, but I'm sure she can imagine).  Now maybe there's a plan in place with Hersh, but apart from a look, we didn't see it.  She spent the episode ineffective, IMO and as annoying as usual.  

I find the Gov's posturing to be tiresome.  His smiles and false humility come of as artificial and a bit cliched.  I kind of have no use for him, except as a plot device at this point.

There were some excellent little moments, though, I agree.  The bit with Daryl and his opposite number was nice.  Same with Hershel and the scientist dude.  I liked Michone's exchange with Merle, too.  Glenn came on a little strong this week for me, but I liked his scene with Maggie (pre sex - that seemed a little much, not to mention icky [maybe a little hot - thanks, Maggie]).  And I thought Rick came through really well in the whole episode.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 09:30:54 PM by Bullwinkle » Logged

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: March 18, 2013, 06:13:04 AM »

Will Andrea kill the Governor? Will the Governor kill Andrea? Tune in again next week for another exciting episode of TWD!  Roll Eyes

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #940 on: March 18, 2013, 12:23:02 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 18, 2013, 06:13:04 AM

Will Andrea kill the Governor? Will the Governor kill Andrea? Tune in again next week for another exciting episode of TWD!  Roll Eyes

Agreed.  Although I didn't hate this episode, and I thought the last shot was pretty killer.

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #941 on: March 18, 2013, 02:36:45 PM »

Where did the Governor get that amazing Andrea GPS tracker?

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #942 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:55 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on March 18, 2013, 02:36:45 PM

Where did the Governor get that amazing Andrea GPS tracker?
No kidding.  I'm good about suspending disbelief, but this episode was asking a lot.  Andrea trained a zombie mob at the Gov lol.  That's old school mmorpg pathfinding and aggro.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
And he survived!

It seems like Andrea may have to pay for her indecisiveness and unwillingness to see the truth.  If I actually cared about her character I might be a little concerned.  The writers have built her up during season 3 to be one of the top 3 central characters, along with Rick and the Gov.  Get her back into the background where she can bitch about the morality of decisions while occasionally headshotting zombies.  

Edited to add:  Regarding the Gov after the walker fight...
Spoiler for Hiden:
it seemed like he may have been bitten?  He looked to be covering up an injury.

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:32:21 PM by Roguetad » Logged
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #943 on: March 18, 2013, 03:33:11 PM »

Worst breakup, ever. She should have
Spoiler for Hiden:
stayed in the warehouse, finished the job and taken his truck. Now she's going to experience the horrors of the Governor's playroom.
And who started the zombie BBQ? Tyreese you say? Milton makes a juicy suspect too. Guess we'll have to wait and see.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 03:43:38 PM by spigot » Logged

rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #944 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:42 PM »

Im pretty sure it was Milton who had the zombie toast fest.  They all but hung a neon sign on him flashing I DID IT!!!! during that last scene with the Gov.

As far as the Governors super tracking powers, its simple.  Once he lost his eye, the body compensated for the loss by giving him a new super power!  Soon he will don his tights and cape and become GPSman! 

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #945 on: March 18, 2013, 05:03:14 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on March 18, 2013, 04:45:42 PM

Im pretty sure it was Milton who had the zombie toast fest.  They all but hung a neon sign on him flashing I DID IT!!!! during that last scene with the Gov.

As far as the Governors super tracking powers, its simple.  Once he lost his eye, the body compensated for the loss by giving him a new super power!  Soon he will don his tights and cape and become GPSman! 

The fact that it so obviously seems to be Milton could mean that it's not Milton.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 18, 2013, 06:13:34 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 18, 2013, 05:03:14 PM

Im pretty sure it was Milton who had the zombie toast fest.  They all but hung a neon sign on him flashing I DID IT!!!! during that last scene with the Gov.

As far as the Governors super tracking powers, its simple.  Once he lost his eye, the body compensated for the loss by giving him a new super power!  Soon he will don his tights and cape and become GPSman!  

The fact that it so obviously seems to be Milton could mean that it's not Milton.
True, and making you think that because it so obviously could be Milton, could mean that's it's not Milton, could be a ruse to make you fail to realize it really isn't not Milton...  retard icon_razz

I thought the cat-and-mouse chase was pretty cool and different. Parts of the ending reminded me quite a bit of the ending of Romero's original "Dawn of the Night of the Living Dead." I think the key is...
Spoiler for Hiden:
When you THINK you're finally home-free, THAT'S when you RUN LIKE HELL!  icon_smile I thought maybe they'd play that Barry Manilow song, "Looks Like We Made It"  icon_lol
imho, what's cool is outgoing showrunner Glen Mazzara co-wrote last night's episode, while incoming showrunner Scott Gimple scripted the popular episode a couple weeks ago (the one bookended by that unfortunate would-be hitchhiker). I liked both, but assuming showrunner Gimple still has time to write some episodes and can "imprint" his storytelling preferences successfully on The Walking Dead, I'm anxious to see how next season works out.  icon_cool

I've really learned to like and respect Glen M. though and will be interesting to see what he works on next.

Laurie Holden (Andrea) was on The Talking Dead. I get the impression she really misses Dale, kind of both as character, and as a fellow cast member (Jeffrey DeMunn).

The walker-kill count was really amusingly over the top, so that part of the show felt like it went on and on and on....  icon_biggrin
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:21:52 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 18, 2013, 06:40:38 PM »

They made it so painfully obvious that it was Milton to make you think "Wait, it couldn't be that simple." and you focus on someone else, then they mindf**k you again because it actually was Milton! Oh those clever lads....

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 18, 2013, 07:33:26 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on March 18, 2013, 06:13:34 PM

Quote from: Bullwinkle on March 18, 2013, 05:03:14 PM

Im pretty sure it was Milton who had the zombie toast fest.  They all but hung a neon sign on him flashing I DID IT!!!! during that last scene with the Gov.

As far as the Governors super tracking powers, its simple.  Once he lost his eye, the body compensated for the loss by giving him a new super power!  Soon he will don his tights and cape and become GPSman!  

True, and making you think that because it so obviously could be Milton, could mean that's it's not Milton, could be a ruse to make you fail to realize it really isn't not Milton...  retard icon_razz

Inconceivable!

Quote from: Blackjack on March 18, 2013, 06:13:34 PM

I thought the cat-and-mouse chase was pretty cool and different. Parts of the ending reminded me quite a bit of the ending of Romero's original "Dawn of the Dead." I think the key is...
Spoiler for Hiden:
When you THINK you're finally home-free, THAT'S when you RUN LIKE HELL!  icon_smile I thought maybe they'd play that Barry Manilow song, "Looks Like We Made It"  icon_lol

I thought of the same thing, although I was thinking of the ending of Night of the Living Dead (though without the inherent racial undertones).  My exact thought was: Now that's how you end a zombie story.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 19, 2013, 06:33:19 PM »

Bullwinkle's certainly correct (I meant "Night of the Living Dead"). Got my Dead movies mixed up, and I have failed the "George Romero fan" quiz.  icon_smile I fixed my previous post.

I think I told you guys I got to take this wonderful Horror Fiction English course in college in 1987. We got to watch "Night of the Living Dead" on video (probably Betamax), and write an essay on it. What an awesome class.  icon_cool I took a science fiction class as well that semester, and it was fun, but the Horror Fiction class was one of the few classes I was eager to attend.

It is funny. It seems like there are soooooo many candidates who wants to kill the Governor, that it's like Murder on the Orient Express. Maybe every candidate will take a "stab" at him. Or, maybe he'll survive, move away, and star in the spinoff series, "Phillip The Governor." Probably it would be a single-camera "The Office" type show with The Governor as the Michael Scott equivalent...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 06:36:20 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 19, 2013, 11:16:27 PM »

If it helps, I couldn't remember the ending to Dawn of the Dead and whether it applied there or not.

tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #951 on: March 20, 2013, 12:55:42 AM »

Yeah I have to admit,  at night in a world without power , how do you track someone that well?.  And then in a warehouse after shooting a gun several times, how do you hear any movement after that?,  your ears would be ringing so bad, you wouldnt even be able to hear a damn thing.  I know I now its a zombiefest, but sometimes I can only turn off the intellect soo much.

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 20, 2013, 03:47:53 PM »

Quote from: tcweidner on March 20, 2013, 12:55:42 AM

Yeah I have to admit,  at night in a world without power , how do you track someone that well?.  And then in a warehouse after shooting a gun several times, how do you hear any movement after that?,  your ears would be ringing so bad, you wouldnt even be able to hear a damn thing.  I know I now its a zombiefest, but sometimes I can only turn off the intellect soo much.
Based on the lore established during Season 2, a single gunshot can vector in thousands of walkers as if they were following a homing beacon.  What the governor did in the warehouse was beyond stupid.  Breaking glass, firing off rounds.  It's really hard to believe he survived that.  And absolutely, if you've ever fired handguns inside a building, it's f'ng loud.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
I still think the governor may have suffered a bite.

Andrea's actions are hard to explain too.  Why didn't she steal the truck?  Or if she couldn't do that, why not disable it in some way?  Also, when you make it to the brink of safety, you don't stand on the edge of danger and start breathing a sigh of relief.  You run like mad (or sneak) until you're behind friendly lines.  
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 20, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »

Actually, Milton dismantled a broken smartphone, removed the GPS chip and inserted it in the governor's empty eye socket. Then, he implanted a little solar panel in the top of the governor's head, with some fresh hair planted on top. Then he implanted a GPS transmitter on the tip of the Governor's schlong, so that back when he and Andrea... or is all that not believable?  smirk

I read incoming showrunner Gimple is a stickler on small details -- i.e., if they want to change one of his scripts in a way that removes something important in his mind, he fights for it. So, maybe as showrunner, he more often will ask that type of "Does this make any sense? Why would this character do that?" question, so we the audience don't have to so much.  icon_smile I think it goes back to that Walker in the Well episode in Season 2, I still haven't figured out the "why" there.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 20, 2013, 05:33:48 PM »

Are zombie brains invulnerable to fire?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 20, 2013, 06:28:16 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on March 20, 2013, 05:33:48 PM

Oh yeah, the zombies burned in the pit. I dunno, I would think you can only truly destroy the walker brain with serious "physical trauma" (bullet, knife, baseball bat, and, well, fists).

So I'm not certain burning really counts? Though certainly if you burn away the flesh and muscle, then basically they're piles of fleshy bones with burnt heads that can't really chase people anymore. Though they're great fun at parties...

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 20, 2013, 06:41:07 PM »

Quote from: spigot on March 18, 2013, 06:40:38 PM

They made it so painfully obvious that it was Milton to make you think "Wait, it couldn't be that simple." and you focus on someone else, then they mindf**k you again because it actually was Milton! Oh those clever lads....

I'm guessing it was

Spoiler for Hiden:
Allen (the guy from Tyreese's group), figuring they'd blame Tyreese and either kick him out or execute him.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 20, 2013, 07:55:23 PM »

Yes!  I assume that since you don't become a zombie until after you die, just dying from burns isn't enough.  Probably have to burn all the way to ashes.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 20, 2013, 10:10:23 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on March 20, 2013, 07:55:23 PM

Yes!  I assume that since you don't become a zombie until after you die, just dying from burns isn't enough.  Probably have to burn all the way to ashes.

But these were already dead.  I think it would have to do with whether the skull burned through or not, impacting whether the brain was destroyed as a result.  There were some bodies in that pile that weren't moving.

Of course, I really think it's that they thought a bunch of burned zombies still moving would be a cool, disturbing image.

Quote from: Roguetad on March 20, 2013, 03:47:53 PM

Quote from: tcweidner on March 20, 2013, 12:55:42 AM

Yeah I have to admit,  at night in a world without power , how do you track someone that well?.  And then in a warehouse after shooting a gun several times, how do you hear any movement after that?,  your ears would be ringing so bad, you wouldnt even be able to hear a damn thing.  I know I now its a zombiefest, but sometimes I can only turn off the intellect soo much.
Based on the lore established during Season 2, a single gunshot can vector in thousands of walkers as if they were following a homing beacon.  What the governor did in the warehouse was beyond stupid.  Breaking glass, firing off rounds.  It's really hard to believe he survived that.  And absolutely, if you've ever fired handguns inside a building, it's f'ng loud. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
I still think the governor may have suffered a bite.

Andrea's actions are hard to explain too.  Why didn't she steal the truck?  Or if she couldn't do that, why not disable it in some way?  Also, when you make it to the brink of safety, you don't stand on the edge of danger and start breathing a sigh of relief.  You run like mad (or sneak) until you're behind friendly lines.   

I assume the Gov had the keys on him.  As for disabling the truck, she may have thought that would take more time than it was worth, especially if it was locked.  As for running like mad with the prison in sight, she had already been running endlessly for hours straight.  I think the sight of relief would shut anyone down.

However, the Governor was an idiot.  As usual.  He's more about posturing than any real threat.  "Ooh, I'll drag the shovel along the wall.  I saw that in a movie once, and it was creepy.  Sure, it'll draw biters and pinpoint my location for my target, but think how cool I'll look."

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #959 on: March 21, 2013, 12:59:49 AM »

By that point, the governor had already been so invulnerable in his mind that nothing was a threat to him.   Andrea's biggest mistake was not staying to finish the job.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: