http://gamingtrend.com
July 25, 2014, 06:53:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 40156 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 20, 2013, 06:04:01 PM »

Does gas go bad sitting in cars? How are they still driving around a year later?

Watching the Gov shooting into the air and standing in the open while bullets fly around him makes him seem like an idiot.

The prisoner had to die so there wouldn't be any conflict over the girl when Daryl returned.

Why would Michonne stop killing the zombies from the truck? There weren't that many and they were spread out.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 20, 2013, 06:26:35 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on February 20, 2013, 06:04:01 PM

The prisoner had to die so there wouldn't be any conflict over the girl when Daryl returned.

Yeah, if there's one thing dramas don't need, it's conflict.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 20, 2013, 07:26:54 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on February 20, 2013, 06:04:01 PM

Does gas go bad sitting in cars? How are they still driving around a year later?

Watching the Gov shooting into the air and standing in the open while bullets fly around him makes him seem like an idiot.
I've wondered about the gas too.  I think we're supposed to believe that they are mostly siphoning gas from abandoned vehicles.  I'm not sure how to get gas out of a gas station's underground tanks without a working pump...and a way to actually get access to the tanks.  There must be a way.  I have no idea how long gas can sit around before going bad, if that's possible.   

I took the scarface shooting into the air as a blatant reminder to the viewers that the Governer is crazy.  It wasn't necessary, and came off as silly and a waste of good ammo.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: February 21, 2013, 04:07:38 AM »

I only fill the gas can in my garage once a year, so it lasts at least that long. Why would it degrade any faster in a car's gas tank than in an underground storage tank?

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 23, 2013, 12:58:32 AM »

I can't believe I missed this oversight from the last episode.  Nice shooting governor thumbsup
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 23, 2013, 01:07:52 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on February 23, 2013, 12:58:32 AM

I can't believe I missed this oversight from the last episode.  Nice shooting governor thumbsup

icon_lol

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 23, 2013, 01:18:06 AM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on February 23, 2013, 01:07:52 AM

Quote from: Roguetad on February 23, 2013, 12:58:32 AM

icon_lol

Ha!
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 24, 2013, 04:19:53 PM »

The thing for me about the cars isn't the gas, it was how spotless the truck was when Glenn was getting ready to drive away.  All the characters look like they haven't seen a shower in a year but the cars look like they just came off the lot.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 24, 2013, 09:32:04 PM »

Quote from: Zinfan on February 24, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

The thing for me about the cars isn't the gas, it was how spotless the truck was when Glenn was getting ready to drive away.  All the characters look like they haven't seen a shower in a year but the cars look like they just came off the lot.
The blatant car sponsorship on the show can be really funny, especially when the cars are showroom pristine, as you mentioned.  One of the motorcycle companies should sponsor Daryl's bike.  Scratch that, I just looked at some pictures of his bike and I forgot that it has a big SS symbol on it. saywhat   
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 24, 2013, 10:29:40 PM »

Not walking dead related, but zombie related.... Zombie movies may have now jumped the shark...
Warning.. NSFW.. and Not safe for weak stomach (not for gore, but for... well.. you'll see....)
Didn't think it was worth it's own thread...
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 25, 2013, 03:19:49 AM »

Good god. Other than Lori, I've never wanted a character on this show to die more right now than I want Andrea to be put out of her misery. She's completed her full transformation into female Dale. This whole angle they're playing about her being so conflicted about her friends at the prison and her place at Woodbury is getting pretty old. I am annoyed at seeing her in any scene. If the next episode doesn't end with an excruciating and ironic death for her, I'll be sad.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 07:23:55 PM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 25, 2013, 05:37:49 AM »

Quote from: Roguetad on February 24, 2013, 09:32:04 PM

Quote from: Zinfan on February 24, 2013, 04:19:53 PM

The blatant car sponsorship on the show can be really funny, especially when the cars are showroom pristine, as you mentioned.  One of the motorcycle companies should sponsor Daryl's bike.  Scratch that, I just looked at some pictures of his bike and I forgot that it has a big SS symbol on it. saywhat   

Well the car that Andrea drove back to Woodbury was dirty as can be Tongue
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #892 on: February 25, 2013, 07:11:49 AM »

Andrea's conflict finally seems grounded now that she's seen how grim life is at the prison and how crazy Rick has gone. It's the first time this season that I've found her sympathetic. So of course she must die.  icon_biggrin

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 25, 2013, 06:56:27 PM »

I wonder if the writers had intended on Andrea's character being as hated as she's become.  She really is an annoying character who seems unreasonably naive and clueless.  Not only that, but she has seen things in Woodbury that would have made most people either run for the hills, or organize an overthrow if they had the means. 

I've heard that the comic version of Andrea is very different...that she's a badass.   
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 26, 2013, 05:28:35 AM »

not just her.  almost everyone who's made it to this point in the comic is a badass. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 26, 2013, 02:14:08 PM »

I keep wondering why they don't stab all those walkers through the chain link fences. That seems like an easy way to clear the area.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 26, 2013, 06:00:17 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on February 26, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

I keep wondering why they don't stab all those walkers through the chain link fences. That seems like an easy way to clear the area.

LOL, I was thinking the exact same thing! Merle's stick on a stump would have been perfect for that.

FAIL  icon_smile
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2013, 06:46:33 PM »

I dont get the walls or fence thing at all,  All you would have to do is dig a nice deep 10' trench around a town or whatever and problem solved.  A few days job with a back hoe.  Simply create a drawbridge to enter and leave, and your protected.  Pretty simple really.  

Lets not even worry about the fact that living on an outer island at this point would be paradise.  Protected from zombies via water, and without humans, the fish and shell fish population would explode.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 06:52:10 PM by tcweidner » Logged

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 27, 2013, 12:04:01 AM »

Quote from: tcweidner on February 26, 2013, 06:46:33 PM

I dont get the walls or fence thing at all,  All you would have to do is dig a nice deep 10' trench around a town or whatever and problem solved.  A few days job with a back hoe.  Simply create a drawbridge to enter and leave, and your protected.  Pretty simple really.  

Lets not even worry about the fact that living on an outer island at this point would be paradise.  Protected from zombies via water, and without humans, the fish and shell fish population would explode.

Zombies don't drown.  If you follow the Brooksian model, the roaming zeds would simply end up walking out of the water eventually.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2013, 04:59:28 PM »

Zombies don't drown.  If you follow the Brooksian model, the roaming zeds would simply end up walking out of the water eventually.
you dont want them to drown, you want them to remain trapped in the "moat" so they therefore keep any humans at bay as well.  A two-fer.   It would be easy enough to drain some of the water if the water ever approached a level were a zombie could tread water, and pull themselves up and out.  Highly unlikely. No zombie is gonna pull themselves out of of a ten foot plus deep muddy drench,  hell no full thinking fully function person is for that matter. They would just flail about in a muck of scummy water.   You just have to dig the moat far enough away from any living quarters as to not keep you up at night.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 05:07:40 PM by tcweidner » Logged

Project Reindeer Games- Exclusive Family Friendly PC Games to Give, Play, and Share for Free.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #900 on: February 27, 2013, 05:18:09 PM »

I like how you just toss off the moat digging so casually by saying it would just be a few days with a backhoe.

First of all, I'll grant you that backhoes are a dime a dozen in Georgia, but they would burn up your fading (but not expiring, apparently) fuel supply before you were done.  And then it's not like the zombies are going to stand at a safe distance wondering to themselves what that guy is doing.  And do you know how many zombies the noise of a backhoe would bring?  And they might fall into the pit trying to get at the guy in the backhoe, but in the cramped quarters, they would get to him.  And the guards trying to protect him would be dealing with the hundreds of biters who had come to see what all the backhoe noise was about.

Impossible, I tell you.

spigot

View Profile
« Reply #901 on: February 27, 2013, 05:44:41 PM »

I agree with Bullwinkle about the logistics of building the actual moat. Not saying it's impossible, but that's a big risk, even if they planned on staying at the prison indefinitely. And it wouldn't matter how deep your moat was or what was filled in it. Depending on how long they planned to stay there, there would be enough zombies to to plug up the moat to the point that they can just walk over each other like it wasn't even there.

th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #902 on: February 27, 2013, 05:47:00 PM »

Not if you fill the moat with acid  icon_twisted

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #903 on: February 27, 2013, 07:33:43 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on February 25, 2013, 06:56:27 PM

I wonder if the writers had intended on Andrea's character being as hated as she's become.  She really is an annoying character who seems unreasonably naive and clueless.  Not only that, but she has seen things in Woodbury that would have made most people either run for the hills, or organize an overthrow if they had the means. 

I've heard that the comic version of Andrea is very different...that she's a badass.   

In the comics Andrea is the best sharpshooter of the gang and pretty much all around likable.  In the TV show everyone seems to have developed more enhanced shooting skills.

I still have high hopes for Andrea to get over her fascination with the governor's giant schlong and get back to shooting bad guys; I see what the writers were trying to do but they pretty much blew it with this plotline.  Seriously though you can't blame her too much, there's pretty slim pickings in good looking men and girlfriend is clearly horny.  Rick is still by far the hottest guy but he's a lunatic and it's questionable how good he is in bed.  I guess she could always do that nerd guy but the gov is way sexier.
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #904 on: February 27, 2013, 07:42:38 PM »

Quote from: th'FOOL on February 27, 2013, 05:47:00 PM

Not if you fill the moat with acid  icon_twisted

You're right. If they had access to that much acid then the moat makes more sense!

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #905 on: February 27, 2013, 09:17:29 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 27, 2013, 07:33:43 PM

In the comics Andrea is the best sharpshooter of the gang and pretty much all around likable.  In the TV show everyone seems to have developed more enhanced shooting skills.

I still have high hopes for Andrea to get over her fascination with the governor's giant schlong and get back to shooting bad guys; I see what the writers were trying to do but they pretty much blew it with this plotline.  Seriously though you can't blame her too much, there's pretty slim pickings in good looking men and girlfriend is clearly horny.  Rick is still by far the hottest guy but he's a lunatic and it's questionable how good he is in bed.  I guess she could always do that nerd guy but the gov is way sexier.

I actually question how good the Gov would be in bed.  First of all, his depth perception is off...

Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #906 on: February 27, 2013, 09:33:31 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 27, 2013, 07:33:43 PM

Rittchard you are one horny dude.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #907 on: February 27, 2013, 09:54:51 PM »

Who cares about lovelorn Andrea, the Governor's schlong and moats? What we really want to know is what you thought about the singing at the end of Sunday's episode?

I thought, "OK this is interesting. But this is going on WAY too goddamn long."  icon_razz

Since Kirkman and Co. want to move The Walking Dead into EVERYTHING, I think "The Walking Dead: The Musical" is just around the corner...

Hugh Jackman as Rick, Russell Crow as The Governor, Jennifer Lawrence as Andrea...

Hugh/Rick:
"The walkers are everywhere!
I kill them, I kill them dead!
They ate my wife Lorie,
But I still see her, in wedding dress ... in my head!!!!!"

*Orchestral interlude*

Crow/Governor:
"Andrea! Traitor! If you come back never return!
As I take my fishtank zombie heads and burn them in my urn!
Andrea! You came back! Return to my bed!
With my schlong, we won't feel so... dead!!!!!"

*Orchestral prelude*

Lawrence/AndreA:
"My friends, you're all dying in this prison!
You're all trapped here like bison! [OK, it doesn't rhyme...]
For now I must say so long!
I'll talk to the governor, once I'm done with his... schlong!!!!"

*End scene*

Gawd, I can see it getting Oscar nominations, once it's finished its run on Broadway.  Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 04:20:47 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #908 on: February 27, 2013, 11:41:37 PM »

I'd want to see a walkers musical and singing number in the spirit of the goblin and orc songs from The Hobbit (book).  Or maybe the walkers inside the prison perimeter could torment the gang with '80s and '90s broadway songs.  I think Daryl would break first, followed by Carl, then Rick.  Surprisingly, Merle wouldn't break at all, since he secretly adores broadway, and has a cd collection stashed back at Woodbury that he misses terribly.         
Greggy_D

View Profile
« Reply #909 on: February 28, 2013, 02:14:12 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 27, 2013, 09:54:51 PM

Who cares about lovelorn Andrea, the Governor's schlong and moats? What we really want to know is what you thought about the singing at the end of Sunday's episode?

Yep...I thought that Kumbaya moment was pretty fucked up and completely out of place.  I actually FF'd through a large portion of the scene and when I resumed play, the bitch was still singing.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #910 on: February 28, 2013, 02:52:28 AM »

The Warbling Dead?

Kid has a nice voice and my wife informed me that the actress is indeed a singer. OK, that's nice. But it felt like they were just filling a couple of leftover minutes.

stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #911 on: February 28, 2013, 02:56:12 AM »

Quote from: Greggy_D on February 28, 2013, 02:14:12 AM

Yep...I thought that Kumbaya moment was pretty fucked up and completely out of place.  I actually FF'd through a large portion of the scene and when I resumed play, the bitch was still singing.

LOL.....I did and thought the same thing.
Covenant

View Profile
« Reply #912 on: February 28, 2013, 01:39:04 PM »

I thought the scene was designed to show Rick is finally coming back to sanity and rejoining the group.  Wasn't this the first tiem he's actually held the baby without looking like he's going to drop kick it?  There were a few other clues peppered throughout the episode as well... the heartfelt "be careful out there" he gives Andrea when she leaves, and the really quick glance of a white dress in the forest when he's standing guard which he doesn't go running after like a fool.

I think we've seen the last of captain insano.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #913 on: February 28, 2013, 01:55:45 PM »

This isn't the first time she's sung in the series, so why it's fucked up and out of place now is beyond me.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #914 on: February 28, 2013, 02:30:35 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on February 28, 2013, 01:55:45 PM

This isn't the first time she's sung in the series, so why it's fucked up and out of place now is beyond me.

Plus it's a Tom Waits song.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #915 on: February 28, 2013, 09:43:03 PM »

any occurrence of spontaneous tom waits is a welcome one, imho.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #916 on: February 28, 2013, 10:53:46 PM »

AMC announced today that the cast and crew of The Walking Dead will return to their Atlanta, Georgia stomping grounds on May 6 to begin production on Season 4. The network also officially confirmed the news that TWD writer Scott Gimple will in fact be taking over as showrunner.

"Scott has been an essential part of this show since he came aboard at the very beginning of Season 2," said comic book creator Robert Kirkman. "He's contributed to guiding this show in a substantial way that has resulted in a lot of the key scenes and storylines fans have dubbed signature moments of The Walking Dead. I am thrilled to begin work on a brand new season of The Walking Dead with Scott at the helm, and I truly believe we could be embarking on what will be the best season of this show yet. At least until Scott Gimple wants to do something we don't like, then we'll push him off the end of the plank like the other showrunners because in the end, they're all just replaceable meat puppets."

"I'm thrilled to continue the tradition of the spectacular, cinematic, horrifying, exciting and emotional storytelling of The Walking Dead," said Gimple. "I'm a huge fan of the comics, and started with the show on the other side of the set, as an avid viewer. Over the past two years, it's been an incredible privilege making such great television with the best cast and crew I've ever worked with - I can't wait to make some more. At least until they fire my ass, which we estimate will occur in early 2015 and will most likely be attributed to 'creative differences.'"
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 10:57:42 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
tcweidner
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #917 on: March 01, 2013, 12:21:12 AM »

I agree about the last scene being about Rick regaining his sanity.

and if the zombies come, you poo pooers dont come begging me for access to the safer side of my moat , you had your chance saywhat

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #918 on: March 01, 2013, 12:35:54 AM »

Oh, I almost forgot to mention my favorite part of this last episode:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rick getting the Hershel smackdown.

Love the last line that the new showrunner dropped in.  Nice way to own it.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2013, 04:11:59 AM by Bullwinkle » Logged

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #919 on: March 01, 2013, 03:49:50 AM »

Is that Blackjack editing?  That was awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: