http://gamingtrend.com
August 27, 2014, 01:25:37 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 41636 times)
rittchard
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #800 on: November 05, 2012, 07:36:12 PM »

Well I hope you haters are happy now!!!   crybaby

That was an absolutely unbelievable episode, I really didn't think they'd go there this soon.  Maybe in the finale but WTF, that was just brutal.  And freaking Carl, OMG, even the actor should be scarred for life.

Given that they seem willing to do just about anything (well no zombie baby yet), I guess they will probably stay true to a lot of the Governor storyline. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
Everyone catch his mentioning of his daughter lol?  Hooray!!!!

On a side note, I still wanted to see him and Andrea get it on, but oh well.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #801 on: November 05, 2012, 07:51:35 PM »

If you enjoyed (if that's the right word  icon_eek) last night's episode, you may enjoy this EW interview with a certain key cast member... (link test is too revealing, so it's in spoiler code)
I've even started to enjoy the often goofy Talking Dead gab-fest show at 11 p.m. Another key cast member was on it last night, and said cast member was literally in tears watching some behind the scenes video and talking about the show's fans. You can tell everyone who works on the show loves it and the fans. So when it's time to leave, it's emotional for everyone.

Playing
PC
-Halfway (sci-fi, turn-based squad strategy)
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #802 on: November 05, 2012, 08:23:13 PM »

I want to punch that Talking Dead guy every time he comes on pimping his show.

It doesn't help that he'll often come on after a somber, tearful moment and shout, "MAN, How 'bout Hershel's leg, huh?!"

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #803 on: November 05, 2012, 08:37:23 PM »

He's like a more annoying and less manly Ryan Seacrest...if that's possible.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #804 on: November 05, 2012, 09:01:58 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 05, 2012, 08:37:23 PM

Isn't he that doofus from MTV, Chris Hardick or something like that?
Gromit

View Profile
« Reply #805 on: November 05, 2012, 09:05:11 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 05, 2012, 09:01:58 PM

Quote from: hepcat on November 05, 2012, 08:37:23 PM

Isn't he that doofus from MTV, Chris Hardick or something like that?

Yes.  Chris Hardwick. 

He also hosts The Nerdist on BBC America, in addition to doing a podcast by the same name.
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #806 on: November 05, 2012, 09:36:47 PM »

Quote from: Bullwinkle on November 05, 2012, 08:23:13 PM

I want to punch that Talking Dead guy every time he comes on pimping his show.

It doesn't help that he'll often come on after a somber, tearful moment and shout, "MAN, How 'bout Hershel's leg, huh?!"
Oh gawd I hate that.  Even with dvr I can't fast forward fast enough.  It doesn't help that the volume of his pimpage seems to be twice as loud as the show.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #807 on: November 05, 2012, 09:55:56 PM »

The problem I have with him is that even when discussing something serious (such as his kind wishes to those suffering the after-effects of the recent hurricane), he still sounds completely incapable of any believability in his sincerity, in part because of the dipshit grin he seems to always have, which is always accompanied by the uncomfortable laughter normally typical of someone unable to speak in front of an audience.  Not to mention that his pimping comes on immediately following a somber moment in the show and you're bitch slapped with his idiocy and nonsense.  The scene goes dark after a touching moment and before you're given even a second to reflect you have Hardwick yuck-yucking on screen, making light of even the most moving show elements.

But, as I also watched a rare episode of Talking Dead, I too was touched by the special guest's emotion and appreciation of fan support.  It is extremely obvious how much these actors put into their roles, and it is equally obvious how much they appreciate when their efforts hit home and impact the audience. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #808 on: November 06, 2012, 04:16:40 AM »

I dunno. I like Chris Hardick. I've listen to a few of the Nerdist Podcasts and even those are pretty fun - particularly when he and his guests are comedians and talk to their bad stand up experiences. He's not polished by any means but I like his shtick enough for both Talking Dead and the Nerdist.

As far as the actual episode goes I havne't seen anyone comment on the most shocking part from this epsiode.
Spoiler for Hiden:
Just when he was coming in to his own and getting more lines than he had all last season - T-Dog is no more.  crybaby Everything else in this episode was pretty ho-hum.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #809 on: November 06, 2012, 04:28:40 PM »

If you like the Talking Dead, be sure to visit the web site each Monday. They include an additional 15-18 minutes beyond what they broadcast. Sometimes it's just pretty aimless but you sometimes see some fun stuff. In Sunday's extra footage, Hardick plays this Walking Dead TV shooting game (you get a orange/yellow plastic shotgun thing, it's basically a glorified Duck Hunt). The guests were terrible at the game but Hardick really seemed to kick arse on it and refused to stop playing as the clip faded to black.  icon_smile

Yeah the cast sounds like a great group, and everyone seems level headed about, "Hey, you sign up for a show called The Walking Dead, there's no guarantee you'll have that job for any duration." Last week I think they had a guy on who was so excited about being cast for the show only to realize, "Oh crap, this is a one episode contract."  icon_razz It'll always look good on the resume though.

You can probably only keep in touch so much in Hollywood but it sounds like many former cast members keep in touch with current ones as much as they can.

One of the departing cast folks from this year already has a show (or at least a TV pilot) lined up with Neve Campbell.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2012, 04:30:54 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #810 on: November 10, 2012, 01:20:31 AM »

just caught this week's episode.

+ eek

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #811 on: November 12, 2012, 03:52:15 AM »

Damn, tonight's episode just FLEW by.  icon_smile I thought we were only at the 30-40 minute mark and suddenly the end credits start scrolling. saywhat

So... (including a question or two for those who watched tonight)
Spoiler for Hiden:
*Serious Michonne action, that was cool.  icon_cool
*I hope Andrew Lincoln doesn't get paid by the word since he doesn't, afik, have a single word of dialogue in the episode. Cool.
*At 10 p.m. I was bringing laundry back in and missed the pre-credits sequence. So I caught it at the 11 p.m. repeat time. When the governor's hair brush pulls up his walker daughter's skin, I think I might've vomited in my mouth a bit. Likewise when Rick starts stabbing that walker's bloated stomach.

*Speaking of which, is that bloated walker that Rick hacks up, is that maybe a walker that ate Laurie's corpse or something? I wasn't really clear on that.
*Any idea what tiny thing Rick picks up? I assumed maybe Laurie's wedding ring, or a finger? icon_razz

*Loved hearing Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Saturday Night Special" song. Can you imagine contacting their record company to ask for permission?
"Uh, there's this arena, and they fight with a bunch of zombies on chains on the perimeter."
"Uh... SURE! We love your show!"  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 03:57:39 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #812 on: November 12, 2012, 07:23:31 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 12, 2012, 03:52:15 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
*Speaking of which, is that bloated walker that Rick hacks up, is that maybe a walker that ate Laurie's corpse or something? I wasn't really clear on that.
*Any idea what tiny thing Rick picks up? I assumed maybe Laurie's wedding ring, or a finger?
Spoiler for Hiden:
The walker with the full belly probably chowed down on Lori. But I thought that Rick picked up the bullet that Carl had fired. We didn't see Carl shoot Lori. Finding that bullet might mean that he didn't.[/spoiler

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #813 on: November 12, 2012, 10:09:39 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on November 12, 2012, 07:23:31 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
*Any idea what tiny thing Rick picks up? I assumed maybe Laurie's wedding ring, or a finger?
Spoiler for Hiden:
The walker with the full belly probably chowed down on Lori. But I thought that Rick picked up the bullet that Carl had fired. We didn't see Carl shoot Lori. Finding that bullet might mean that he didn't.

Spoiler for Hiden:
During The Talking Dead after show, Greg Nicotero, who directed the episode, confirmed that the bloated zombie in the boiler room had eaten Lori's corpse. Also, the object Rick picked up was indeed the bullet Carl fired into mom's head.
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #814 on: November 12, 2012, 01:13:03 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on November 12, 2012, 10:09:39 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on November 12, 2012, 07:23:31 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Spoiler for Hiden:
The walker with the full belly probably chowed down on Lori. But I thought that Rick picked up the bullet that Carl had fired. We didn't see Carl shoot Lori. Finding that bullet might mean that he didn't.

Spoiler for Hiden:
During The Talking Dead after show, Greg Nicotero, who directed the episode, confirmed that the bloated zombie in the boiler room had eaten Lori's corpse. Also, the object Rick picked up was indeed the bullet Carl fired into mom's head.

That moment was not as clear as it should have been, though some of that may be because of expectations.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I knew it was the bullet that he picked up, but I didn't know what was going on with the zombie.  In retrospect it makes sense, so it may be that I wasn't sure Carl actually did the deed, and so I was looking for Lori.  The zombie's full belly was the first thing I noticed, so my brain thought it might be Lori, but then as I took in the rest of the zombie nothing else about it made sense.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #815 on: November 12, 2012, 04:16:30 PM »

On my own questions, director/FX guru Greg Nicotero clarified everything on "The Talking Dead" talk show at 11 p.m. -- and my "is this what it means?" speculation was correct. And what I (and people on the talk show) thought was one thing, was in fact something else. I agree it's not really spelled out.

I don't know if that's a complaint on my part per se -- I think that episode, if you can stomach it, sort of "rewards" a second viewing because you pay closer attention to certain things and then go "aaaaah, that's what that means." I just feel like, in a couple places, maybe the camera needed to zoom in a bit more so we the audience knew what ... the character had figured out. Rather than leaving us squinting, and going, "Huh? What's that thing?"
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 04:18:26 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #816 on: November 12, 2012, 04:29:48 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 12, 2012, 04:16:30 PM

On my own questions, director/FX guru Greg Nicotero clarified everything on "The Talking Dead" talk show at 11 p.m. -- and my "is this what it means?" speculation was correct. And what I (and people on the talk show) thought was one thing, was in fact something else. I agree it's not really spelled out.

Thanks, Jimmy.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #817 on: November 12, 2012, 09:07:51 PM »

I thought Rick's approach with the zombie was
Spoiler for Hiden:
his irrational attempt, at first, to get Lori out of the zombie's stomach.  I was really hoping they wouldn't show that.  Thankfully he just rages out and stabs the shit of the zombie instead.  I think some part of him told him not to even go there with cutting open its stomach contents.  They showed something similar in an episode from last season, so I was worried they were going to do it again.

I was also confused by that scene.  Was the flattened bullet evidence that Carl carried out the coup de grace, or did he aim away from her and fire into the ground?  It wasn't clear to me.  What was clear was that the zombie in the room had just fed well.

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #818 on: December 02, 2012, 07:03:26 PM »

The Season 3 marathon starts right NOW leading all the way up to the mid-season finale.  If you missed out on some of this season's excellence, now's your chance.  Or, if you want to revisit it like me, studying looks like it can wait until later.   thumbsup

stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #819 on: December 02, 2012, 07:25:40 PM »

Have a question and I dont want to Google it for fear of spoilers.
Havent read or followed the comic.
Is it still going or has there been a conclusion? Guess I'm wondering what the possible life span of the tv series will be based on whether or not there is
a finite ending.
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #820 on: December 02, 2012, 09:37:34 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on December 02, 2012, 07:25:40 PM

Have a question and I dont want to Google it for fear of spoilers.
Havent read or followed the comic.
Is it still going or has there been a conclusion? Guess I'm wondering what the possible life span of the tv series will be based on whether or not there is
a finite ending.
Comic is still going and so is the TV show.
Even if the comic ends, that doesn't mean anything for the show.. There have already been a multitude of differences between the two..
IIRC the show is the #1 cable show, so I doubt it's going anywhere soon...(except possibly for Verizon customers as there is a dispute with AMC)
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #821 on: December 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM »

Son of a bitch.  Now I have to wait until February?  I hate mid-season breaks.   finger

Lee

View Profile
« Reply #822 on: December 03, 2012, 04:16:25 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM

Son of a bitch.  Now I have to wait until February?  I hate mid-season breaks.   finger

Yeah. The show has so many slow episodes, but they always leave it on a high note. Next season looks good though.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #823 on: December 03, 2012, 04:21:44 AM »

Quote from: Lee on December 03, 2012, 04:16:25 AM

Quote from: PeteRock on December 03, 2012, 04:02:22 AM

Yeah. The show has so many slow episodes, but they always leave it on a high note. Next season looks good though.

icon_confused

I wouldn't say that this season, and it's only the halfway point in terms of "next season."

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #824 on: December 03, 2012, 06:08:20 AM »

Damn, now that's how to do a mid season cliffhanger.  Love that Tyreese is here now. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Carl becomes a badass, the brothers reunited, Michonne vs the Governor, the Governor's treatment of Merle.

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #825 on: December 03, 2012, 07:07:14 AM »

That was not the fraternal reunion that I expected. Not by a long shot. Well done, TWD.

stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #826 on: December 03, 2012, 03:46:33 PM »

My question is, did they really capture Daryl or does Daryl have something planned and want to get caught?
I'm leaning towards the latter.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #827 on: December 03, 2012, 05:23:24 PM »

I enjoyed the mid-season finale as well. Can't wait until it picks up again. The Dixon brothers are going to FSU.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #828 on: December 03, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on December 03, 2012, 03:46:33 PM

My question is, did they really capture Daryl or does Daryl have something planned and want to get caught?
I'm leaning towards the latter.

He did have an inexplicable smile on his face at one point.

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #829 on: December 03, 2012, 05:35:50 PM »

I thought that any tension from the cliffhanger was immediately undone by the second half preview.

With that said:

Spoiler for Hiden:
If they had killed Daryl, I would have been a sad panda.

Also, what did Carl say to his Dad?  "You shouldn't be their leader anymore?"  Something like that?  Does Carl want to be the leader, or just not want his Dad to?
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #830 on: December 03, 2012, 09:48:41 PM »

Holy crap that was some awesome TV, I almost had a heart attack.  I don't think I've yelled and screamed at the TV that much ever.  Absolutely fantastic.
Fireball

View Profile WWW
« Reply #831 on: December 05, 2012, 10:23:25 PM »

This season has been great. So much better than most of last season. The cliffhanger was very well handled.

And I think Chris Hardwick is cute.

Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #832 on: December 05, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

I'm going to Link to This here

spigot

View Profile
« Reply #833 on: December 10, 2012, 04:23:39 AM »

The Walking Dead statistics:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/12/05/graphic-stopping-the-dead-a-statistical-look-back-at-the-walking-dead-series-so-far/

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #834 on: December 10, 2012, 07:09:55 AM »

That is somebody with WAY too much time on his hands.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #835 on: December 10, 2012, 04:19:57 PM »

Okay i have not read anything on this thread yet because i am recording them all before watching

so sorry if this is mentioned all over this page,But i heard its currently on a mid season break?,is that true and if so when does it start up again?(my TiVO box says its recorded 8 episodes)

if it is on mid season break,i may as well get the ones i recorded watched

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #836 on: December 10, 2012, 04:23:20 PM »

Third season will resume Feb 10.

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #837 on: December 10, 2012, 04:25:25 PM »

Quote from: spigot on December 10, 2012, 04:23:20 PM

Third season will resume Feb 10.

Thanks Spigot,wow 2 months,i feel for you guys....for me it will be i dunno ...7 weeks icon_lol(I'll watch these 8 episodes in one week)

metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #838 on: December 21, 2012, 07:39:25 PM »

just saw this

http://www.thewrap.com/tv/column-post/walking-dead-showrunner-glen-mazzara-leaving-70486

Glen Mazzara, who led AMC's "The Walking Dead" to ratings highs after the exit of Frank Darabont, is leaving the show.

The announcement came with the unsurprising news of a fourth-season pickup for the series. It continues AMC's rocky record with its showrunners, but the network said the decision was mutual.

While AMC has clashed with showrunners before over money, a person familiar with the situation told TheWrap that this time the issue is "100 percent not about money or contracts."

Rather, it is about a difference of opinion over where the show should go in the fourth season and beyond. It involves AMC, Mazzara and the show's writers and producers, who include Robert Kirkman, creator of the comics that provide the basis of the series.

More in the link

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #839 on: December 21, 2012, 11:48:56 PM »

I just don't understand AMC's decision making. They also kicked out Hell on Wheels' co-creators. And yet shows like Mad Men and Breaking Bad are incredibly stable in the showrunner department.

I don't know what it is about The Walking Dead that's so incendiary that people can't get on the same page, whether it's AMC vs. the staff, or people in the writing staff/production team not seeing eye to eye.

More at USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/2012/12/21/the-walking-dead-glen-mazzara-robert-kirkman/1785007/
According to a statement released jointly with Mazzara, "the two parties have mutually decided to part ways. Glen guided the series creatively for seasons 2 and 3. AMC is grateful for his hard work. We are both proud of our shared success."

The announcement also said that AMC and Mazzara had "a difference of opinion about where the show should go moving forward, and conclude that it is best to part ways. This decision is amicable and Glen will remain on for post-production on season 3B as showrunner and executive producer."

Almost immediately, show creator Robert Kirkman released his own statement saying he fully supported AMC and Mazzara in the decision and that he understood it was made in the best interest of the show.

"I thank Glen for his hard work and appreciate his many contributions to The Walking Dead and look forward to working with him as we complete post production on Season 3," Kirkman said. "I am also excited to begin work on another spectacular season of this show that I know means so much to so many people. This show has always been the result of a wide range of extremely talented men and women working tirelessly to produce their best work collectively. I believe the future is bright for The Walking Dead. Thank you to the fans for your continued support."

Executive producer Gale Anne Hurd released her own statement: "I am appreciative and grateful to Glen for his hard work on The Walking Dead. I am supportive of AMC and Glen's decision and know that the series is in great hands with one of the most talented and dedicated casts and crews in the business. I look forward to the show's continued success."

No word on who will pick up showrunner duties when Mazzara leaves.
What a bunch of politically correct press release baloney, imho.  Roll Eyes

I'm tempted to say that Glen M. got Darabonted (I bet he wanted to set Season 4 somewhere that would cost too much money to do), and AMC simply learned from how poorly it handled that departure that it's better to put out rosy press releases rather than wait for entertainment press to dig up what happened.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 11:53:09 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: