http://gamingtrend.com
July 24, 2014, 08:30:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 40022 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #760 on: September 06, 2012, 08:12:22 PM »

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #761 on: September 30, 2012, 10:50:46 PM »

Just got an email that season 2 is now available on Netflix streaming.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #762 on: October 01, 2012, 01:40:17 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on September 30, 2012, 10:50:46 PM

Nice.

My wife lent out our copy of Season 2 on DVD and I'd like a refresher before Season 3 begins.  Glad to know I paid $40 for everyone else to watch my set of DVDs.   disgust  At least I can watch it on Netflix.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #763 on: October 01, 2012, 04:00:17 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on October 01, 2012, 01:40:17 AM

Quote from: leo8877 on September 30, 2012, 10:50:46 PM

Nice.

My wife lent out our copy of Season 2 on DVD and I'd like a refresher before Season 3 begins.  Glad to know I paid $40 for everyone else to watch my set of DVDs.   disgust  At least I can watch it on Netflix.

or you could use the situation as an excuse to upgrade to bluray!  Its much better in HD.   nod

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #764 on: October 14, 2012, 10:27:09 PM »

less than 3 hours! 

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #765 on: October 14, 2012, 10:46:14 PM »

starts this Friday for us,but i may just TiVo them all and watch them all at once again like i did with Season 1 and 2

(this eliminates annoying cliffhanger endings to episodes...except the last episode of the season of course)

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2012, 03:51:13 AM »

I think "Holy Shit" sums up the premier nicely, in more ways than one.   ninja

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #767 on: October 15, 2012, 05:26:26 AM »

It certainly should have pleased the head-bashing fans. And now we finally know just how much corpse can still be animate.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Just the head will do.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #768 on: October 15, 2012, 05:00:30 PM »

fantastic episode. hit all the right marks IMHO.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #769 on: October 15, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »

My DVR was acting up so I missed the first 15 minutes or so - can someone give me a recap?  Am I forgetting something specific from last season or was there something mentioned why everyone (including her son) hates the preggers lady?
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #770 on: October 15, 2012, 06:31:35 PM »

first 5 minutes had zero talking. Just them going to a house and clearing it out and looking for food.
Too many walkers around so they left that house and kept travelling.

Rick and Daryl go hunting and they see the prison. They travel to the prison and voila.

You also see Michionne kicking ass and it turns out that Andrea is sick so she has been taking care of her - for how long it is not known.

I believe the tension could be due to them all being dog tired and hungry. They spent the Winter moving around trying to get somewhere that is safe and comfortable for all of them - but mostly for the whore  icon_lol.

In the Talking Dead after the show I think they talked about the fact that she is adding stress to the rest of the team because they all know that the baby is close and that a crying baby will be hard to keep quiet = give their position away etc.

Also I believe that Rick is not happy with whore wife due to her reaction at the end of the last season when he admitted to killing Shane and then Carl shooting him in the head.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2012, 06:33:09 PM by Roman » Logged

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #771 on: October 15, 2012, 10:32:25 PM »

Thx Roman, so possibly they are just setting up for some sort of reveal later?  I couldn't remember if she found out it was Shane's baby last season; I thought maybe that was the big deal.

As much as I enjoyed the pure zombie fighting fun, I did like the other subtle (and not so subtle) "time has passed" elements like farmer dude's beard, Carl's crush on the blond girl, old lady and Daryl playing with the flirtation idea, blond chick and Michonne's relationship, and of course Maggie levelling up to zombie slayer.  They are really diverging further and further from the comic book, which is probably a good thing.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #772 on: October 16, 2012, 04:40:27 AM »

missed the premier last night.  caught it on AMC.com

god, the last few minutes.  Did not expect that to happen, nor Rick's response. 

this one ranks up there with the series opener imo for tension and the disturbing visuals.

loved the cop in the body armor when Rick took the helmet off.  and then later when Daryl held it up.  not a show to watch before dinner, that's for sure.

I wonder if they intend to go down the same dark road as in the comic in this place. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #773 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:09 AM »

Quote from: Caine on October 16, 2012, 04:40:27 AM

I wonder if they intend to go down the same dark road as in the comic in this place. 
fwiw (and while I bought the past comics volumes in Comixology a while back, I haven't remotely caught up), my understanding is the TV show's "The Governor" is a a bit different take and nowhere near as unrelentingly sadistic as the comic book iteration. I'm sure they'll push things as far as they're comfortable pushing with him and the prison, but probably a bit differently than the comic.

And the premiere broke some more basic cable records:
http://www.examiner.com/article/the-walking-dead-season-3-premiere-breaks-record-with-10-9-million-viewers
Sunday night's season three premiere of "The Walking Dead" broke the ratings record for basic cable with 10.9 million viewers. Adding in the 10 p.m. and midnight encoures for the premiere episode, the little zombie drama raked in 15.2 million viewers. This makes it the most-watched basic cable drama telecast in the history of the known universe.
I certainly dug the season 3 premiere more than season 2's opener, and my (twisted) glee reminded me more how I felt about the series opener.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #774 on: October 17, 2012, 01:09:54 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 15, 2012, 05:29:16 PM

My DVR was acting up so I missed the first 15 minutes or so - can someone give me a recap?  Am I forgetting something specific from last season or was there something mentioned why everyone (including her son) hates the preggers lady?

You must have missed her speech about this.  She basically said it was all her fault that she put Rick and Shane at odds and put a knife in Ricks hand.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 18, 2012, 03:58:51 PM »

I had a couple of season 2 questions.  I'll put one in spoilers because it contains a big reveal from season 2.

The zombie infection is spread or activated after a bite or scratch.  Why is not spread from the splatter and gore?  A lot of the characters in season 2 had zombie fluids and gunk splattered all over their faces, mouths, eyes and noses.  It seems weird that fluids don't do anything, but a walker's fingernails and teeth (saliva?) start the change.

This question has a major season 2 spoiler.
Spoiler for Hiden:
If the living are all carriers of the infection, why are their dead starting to change now?  It wasn't happening earlier.  It seems like a recent change.  Also, why didn't the 2 thugs from the bar turn after Rick killed them?  Did Dale turn?
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 18, 2012, 04:52:52 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 18, 2012, 03:58:51 PM

I had a couple of season 2 questions.  I'll put one in spoilers because it contains a big reveal from season 2.

The zombie infection is spread or activated after a bite or scratch.  Why is not spread from the splatter and gore?  A lot of the characters in season 2 had zombie fluids and gunk splattered all over their faces, mouths, eyes and noses.  It seems weird that fluids don't do anything, but a walker's fingernails and teeth (saliva?) start the change.

Spoiler for Hiden:
If the living are all carriers of the infection, why are their dead starting to change now?  It wasn't happening earlier.  It seems like a recent change.  Also, why didn't the 2 thugs from the bar turn after Rick killed them?  Did Dale turn?

Regarding your first question. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Youre assuming that the zombie infection is spread or activated by a bite or scratch.  That assumption, it seems is wrong.  The bite is from a decaying corpse and is extremely septic. If it gets into the blood stream it can and usually is fatally poisonous.  Unless extreme measures are taken  ( see Hershels leg ) you will likely die from a zombie bite.  Its death that activates the "zombie virus" not the bite itself. 

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 18, 2012, 04:58:21 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on October 18, 2012, 04:52:52 PM

Quote from: Roguetad on October 18, 2012, 03:58:51 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Regarding your first question. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
Youre assuming that the zombie infection is spread or activated by a bite or scratch.  That assumption, it seems is wrong.  The bite is from a decaying corpse and is extremely septic. If it gets into the blood stream it can and usually is fatally poisonous.  Unless extreme measures are taken  ( see Hershels leg ) you will likely die from a zombie bite.  Its death that activates the "zombie virus" not the bite itself. 
Thanks.  That makes sense now.  Especially considering the season 2 reveal.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 22, 2012, 04:52:23 AM »

word has it AMC is back on Dish....

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #779 on: October 22, 2012, 05:36:51 AM »

That prison offers a seriously good dungeon crawl.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #780 on: October 22, 2012, 07:08:39 AM »

Quote from: Ironrod on October 22, 2012, 05:36:51 AM

That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
The last 2 episodes have been like a video game.  Clear the outer area and courtyard with entire party plus followers, deal with a new type of armored zombie.  Secure an interior base location, push into the depths of the prison with combat party.  Meet some NPCs.  Kill some NPCs.  Lone rookie locates medical potions...saves veteran party member/follower.  Female follower levels up medical skill.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 22, 2012, 02:31:14 PM »

Quote from: Roguetad on October 22, 2012, 07:08:39 AM

Quote from: Ironrod on October 22, 2012, 05:36:51 AM

That's funny, I was thinking the exact same thing.  
Spoiler for Hiden:
The last 2 episodes have been like a video game.  Clear the outer area and courtyard with entire party plus followers, deal with a new type of armored zombie.  Secure an interior base location, push into the depths of the prison with combat party.  Meet some NPCs.  Kill some NPCs.  Lone rookie locates medical potions...saves veteran party member/follower.  Female follower levels up medical skill.

Ha!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 22, 2012, 04:47:36 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 15, 2012, 05:29:16 PM

I've been thinking about this, and I wonder if it's not writers reacting to fans.

She's easily my least favorite character and has been from the beginning.  It doesn't help that she cheated on the good guy at the start of the show.  It doesn't matter what the actual time frame was for that going down, or how Shane had tricked her or any of that.  Viewers saw a good man, searching for his wife (and son), and she had already moved on.  It taints her in the mind.

Plus she's an opinionated bitch a lot of the time.  And she's rarely an active participant in defending or attacking, even before she was pregnant, making her seem like she's entitled (which was addressed in a great speech last year).

But it's more than that for me.  I'm just not fond of the actress.  There's something I find off-putting about her.  It may be in her eyes.  They seem to be a little off, somehow.  Like they're not connecting to what's happening.

I do know a number of people who also don't care for her (though they all have their own reasons, it still seems to stem from that introduction).

I only read a few of the comics back when they came out, so I have only heard of these things second-hand, but I'll put them in spoilers anyway:

Spoiler for Hiden:
In the comics, didn't Maggie have a zombie baby at some point, possibly even in the prison?  I know Maggie is a fan favorite, so I think it's interesting that they've moved that to the wife.  I don't know what happened with the zombie baby, but things that the wife said she was worried about gave me an idea.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 22, 2012, 05:46:57 PM »

Comic Spoiler for Bullwinkle:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't recall there being a zombie baby but it's been a while.  But definitely the mom and baby all die in the prison.  It was so horrible.  I think it's also when the main guy gets his hand chopped off, but maybe they've substituted that now with Hershel's leg?

Also on a side note, I actually was a big fan of Sarah Wayne Callies (the actress in question) when she was on Prison Break.  In fact she was the only actor/actress on the whole cast I recognized.  They definitely brought out all her annoying attributes on this show though, but last night's episode was pretty touching at the end. 

Having gone back and watched the beginning of the first episode (which was awesome!), I have to say this season is totally kicking last season's behind.  Really loved the "prison riot" style fighting in contrast to our heros' methodical "professional" approach.  Can't wait to get the blonde chick and Michonne back, they'll be like the freaking X-Men in comparison to the others lol.  I also like the analogy of the video game, like a cross between a dungeon crawler and XCOM.  Everyone clearly levelled up in the off-season, even Carl!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 22, 2012, 06:12:28 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 22, 2012, 05:46:57 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I don't recall there being a zombie baby but it's been a while.  But definitely the mom and baby all die in the prison.  It was so horrible.  I think it's also when the main guy gets his hand chopped off, but maybe they've substituted that now with Hershel's leg?

Also on a side note, I actually was a big fan of Sarah Wayne Callies (the actress in question) when she was on Prison Break.  In fact she was the only actor/actress on the whole cast I recognized.  They definitely brought out all her annoying attributes on this show though, but last night's episode was pretty touching at the end

Having gone back and watched the beginning of the first episode (which was awesome!), I have to say this season is totally kicking last season's behind.  Really loved the "prison riot" style fighting in contrast to our heros' methodical "professional" approach.  Can't wait to get the blonde chick and Michonne back, they'll be like the freaking X-Men in comparison to the others lol.  I also like the analogy of the video game, like a cross between a dungeon crawler and XCOM.  Everyone clearly levelled up in the off-season, even Carl!

I liked that moment, too.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 22, 2012, 06:19:20 PM »

Everyone clearly levelled up in the off-season, even Carl!
That's so true.  I didn't mind that narrative jump at all.  I'm glad we didn't have to grind through the winter with them.  I loved how Carl matter of factly stated to the ladies what he had been up to.  Oh, and I killed 2 walkers.  Here's the loot.  Action rpg'ng season 3, I love it.

The prisoners fighting style cracked me up.  I couldn't stop laughing.  And the whole time I was thinking, you idiots are screwed.  Rick's Batman dodge during the wide pick swing was cool.  He must have put some skill points into evasion during the winter.   
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 22, 2012, 07:00:57 PM »

I stayed up for the 11 a.m. talk show, and they had a brief interview with Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) and how the first couple episodes really were a grueling ordeal, esp. because the make up effects for hacking off Herschel's leg were so realistic. Still can't get used to Lincoln talking in his native English accent.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 22, 2012, 11:41:00 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Comic Spoiler..
Spoiler for Hiden:
Almost positive, She didn't die to a ways after the prison. IIRC, it was after they had left and were looking in a walled off community that had a sign outside warning about the dead inside, but the sign was covered over.
Rick did lose his hand during the prison/governer series I beleive.
The TV show has taken way too many detours from the comic at this point so anything goes...
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 23, 2012, 02:35:36 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
if I recall correctly:

Lori dies when the prison is over run by the governor and his men. She is shot as she runs through the fence.

Rick loses his hand to some cannibals once they leave the prison and search for a safer area.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #789 on: October 23, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »

The Herschel's leg prop turned my wife's stomach enough that the second or third round of zombie bashing actually sent her running for the bathroom. Yup, TWD made her blow chunks. No other TV show can make that claim.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2012, 10:50:12 PM »

Another strong episode, reminded me a bit of Lost how they totally went with the other characters, if they had more episodes it would be cool to have one showing how Michonne and Andrea survived the seven months.  I like the actress who plays Michonne in general, but she really needs to develop a few more expressions aside from "glare with frown" and "glare with big frown" and "glare with bigger frown."  I like her look and when she has speaking parts, but when she's in the back of the scene just glaring and frowning, it's a bit much.  Anyway also enjoyed what happened with her slaves, wondering if they are going to go with what the very recent one-shot comic book revealed.

Comic spoiler:
Spoiler for Hiden:
You find out the two slaves was her boyfriend and his best friend or something like that.  Seemed like they were hinting at it this episode.

I also really like what they are doing with the Governor.  I dunno if it was just me but I found him eerily sexy in a weird disturbing way.  He definitely had a nice ass.  But that's beside the point, in the comic there was just nothing even vaguely redeeming about him, in the show it looks like they are going to give him some added depth.  I'm wondering if they are wanting to do some sort of romance or something with him and Andrea.

Can't wait for next week!
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #791 on: November 05, 2012, 03:04:51 AM »

Wow. THAT episode tonight was intense. And cruel. And nasty. I love it.  icon_cool

However, I think I may have vomited in my mouth... puke I kept thinking, NOOO!!!!  paranoid

What shocked me was that I read many articles ...
Spoiler for Hiden:
interviewing Sarah Cailles, and I guess she did an incredible job of remaining poker-face and not letting on about her character's fate.

It did ruin my half-joking pet theory, which was:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought Merle at some point would save T-Dawg's life. I guess that ain't happening, huh?  icon_razz
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 03:14:56 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Marvel Heroes
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #792 on: November 05, 2012, 03:07:22 AM »

Wow! How was that not a season finale episode. My god.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #793 on: November 05, 2012, 05:36:12 AM »

That was crazy. 
Spoiler for Hiden:
How could Maggie let Carl do it?  Don't let the kid have to live with that. Even Lori asked her to do it.  And Andrea is a fool.  From what others have said, she sounds like a different character in the comics.  In the TV series she's an annoyance at best, and a liability most of the time.
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #794 on: November 05, 2012, 05:39:24 AM »

Yowzers!
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #795 on: November 05, 2012, 06:16:41 AM »

I will add to the  eek pile.  Holee crap.

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #796 on: November 05, 2012, 07:35:12 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Happy to see old Crazy Eyes go at last, but I was hoping for a zombie baby. Now we have to listen to the damned thing squall and whine unless the writers kill it off. That would break a TV taboo, but this show has already done that more than once.

hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #797 on: November 05, 2012, 12:58:51 PM »

icon_eek and  thumbsup

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #798 on: November 05, 2012, 03:03:47 PM »

Yeah, reading about what happened in this episode (I have never watched it because I really love the comic book and they deviate too much for my taste) only reaffirms why I don't watch.  I really enjoy the story in the comic book and don't see why they feel they have to mess with it.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #799 on: November 05, 2012, 03:30:13 PM »

Quote from: The Grue on November 05, 2012, 03:03:47 PM

Yeah, reading about what happened in this episode (I have never watched it because I really love the comic book and they deviate too much for my taste) only reaffirms why I don't watch.  I really enjoy the story in the comic book and don't see why they feel they have to mess with it.

Because it's two difference audiences.  Let's face it, there are far more folks who watch the show than read the comic books.  I'm fine with them having two versions.  Most folks who read the comics seem to have no issues with this and enjoy the show for what it is.

Personally, as a fan of both the comic and the show, I like it a lot. It's like watching a "what if" story unfold.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: