http://gamingtrend.com
December 21, 2014, 03:25:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 47751 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 19, 2012, 04:08:43 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
one gun shot wakes up every zombie for miles around and sends them into a frenzy????????

Spoiler for Hiden:
If you watch the very beginning of the episode they explain quite succinctly how a herd starts, grows and migrates.  I thought that was a great scene and it explained what was going on in a reasonable fashion.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 19, 2012, 04:14:17 PM »

As hard as it has been to watch season 2, with all the breakdowns in logic, character development and the fact that they spent the whole time sitting around on the farm drinking lemonade, the two big reveals for next season make it worth it. Looking forward to season 3 when the really crazy stuff happens!
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #682 on: March 19, 2012, 05:12:20 PM »

Quote from: naednek on March 19, 2012, 05:37:00 AM

When posting spoilers, can we label it based on if it's regarding the show or comic?  I'd like to read the spoilers that were based on this season and tonight's episode, but not necessarily about the comics in fear it would give away any future episodes.

+1. This is a dangerous thread; I've stopped clicking on spoiler buttons entirely.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 19, 2012, 05:22:07 PM »

Other than the revelation that steroid use in professional baseball was the cause of the zombie outbreak, what other spoilers from the comics have been posted here?   icon_confused

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 19, 2012, 06:02:49 PM »

Did anyone else see the Stooges adds during the commercials and say "WTF. this is the dumbest advertising ever!". Those commercials really made the movie look bad.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 19, 2012, 06:09:32 PM »

I thought that was an awesome finale with tons of payoff for the patience of enduring an entire season at the farm.  In retrospect the more time spent there made the climax more emotional.

I think you guys are getting a bit picky on the shots.  This is, after all, a zombie show based on a comic book, and edited for excitement... if you wanted more realism, the whole cast would just be dead lol.  Or the zombies (and/or cars) would all be moving really slow for easier shots, and every time someone reloaded we'd get to watch them reload.  In some ways it's important to establish that these are the survivors for a reason, they've got the survival instincts AND the skillz.  I loved Andrea's scenes in particular, it finally felt like she was approaching comic book Andrea.

The one nitpick I had was toward the end:

Spoiler for Hiden:
The writers don't seem to do well in the group scenes.  I thought the reactions were all wrong.  Glen suddenly just wants to leave in the middle of the night, everyone bitching at Rick... huh?  Weren't they all just so happy to have reunited at the highway?  It seemed like they just made everyone bitchy so that Rick could deliver his "this is not a democracy" speech.  I actually thought he did a great job with it but it felt too contrived.

Comic spolier:

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm really interested to see how they handle next season.  Some of the events at the prison and the governor are just absolutely horrific and make this earlier stuff pale in comparison.  They can tone some things down like they did with Carl shooting ZombieShane instead of real Shane, but there are other things (like Lori and baby getting munched) I just don't think I want to see on the TV show.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 19, 2012, 06:11:06 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 19, 2012, 06:02:49 PM

Did anyone else see the Stooges adds during the commercials and say "WTF. this is the dumbest advertising ever!". Those commercials really made the movie look bad.

If the 3 Stooges movie isn't universally panned as a complete pile of crap, I'll be surprised.  They really seem to be going out of their way to market this as just stupid.  I'm talking Eddie Murphy today stupid.  

Then again, you have to remember that the films of Friedberg and Seltzer (Meet the Spartans, Vampires Suck, Disaster Movie, etc.) must make cash, so don't underestimate the mentally challenged and their ability to say "One adult please...and give me a special hat!" when facing a ticket booth.

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 19, 2012, 08:04:08 PM »

So happy to see Michonne, but I am interested in how the whole Prison things play out

comic spoiler with season 3 musing

Spoiler for Hiden:
the Governor does some pretty sadistic shit, so I don't know how this will translate to TV

Great way to end the season.

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 20, 2012, 01:10:16 PM »

Watched the finale last night. Overall, I thought it was great with some pretty intense moments. Regarding some of the gripes from people about people acting out of character, I think you could attribute that to the events they just went through.

The only real gripe I have was Lori's reaction when Rick tells her about Shane. This coming after she had practically egged him on earlier in the season. I wonder if her reaction was more of a shock after what he revealed to the group compounded with the fact that Rick seems to be coming apart at the seams.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 20, 2012, 04:54:48 PM »

looks like they may be re-doing some costumes for next season:

Spoiler for Hiden:

biggrin

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #690 on: March 21, 2012, 05:13:28 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on March 20, 2012, 04:54:48 PM

looks like they may be re-doing some costumes for next season:

Spoiler for Hiden:

biggrin
Seriously, I question whether there'll be enough cast left to even do a show anymore by the end of Season 3. Though I suspect the Kill Rate will lessen, right now they seem to be in this mode where they feel they can't ever move a plot point forward without killing someone else off. Perhaps the comic book was that way, but I think it's tough on a TV show to get fans invested in certain characters and then just dump them overboard as necessary to "moving the story along."

The show's ratings, esp. the finale, were tremendous for basic cable (the 9 million viewers matched that of several network shows though it's generally considered poor numbers on one of the major networks). So what do I know?  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 21, 2012, 05:38:14 PM »

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 21, 2012, 06:19:29 PM »

LOL, she also did it with the prisoner (see Prison Break!) - she gets around!!!

BJ, I don't think it's a spoiler to say that the amount of people that die in the TV show is very consistent with how the comic book is written.  The comic is really strongly focused on Rick and Carl; let's just put it that way.  But they do manage to introduce plenty of new characters as well, so there's always a good mix.  Just don't plan on getting too attached to anyone smile
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #693 on: March 21, 2012, 06:24:02 PM »

5 Reasons 'The Walking Dead' has to get better.

My favorite line: "I don't watch it because it's a good show; I watch it because I really want it to be a good show."

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 23, 2012, 07:30:18 PM »

I think this last season has suffered from a lack of Darabont's vision and an attempt to scale back the scope of the show as a money saving tool.  It pisses me off that AMC has a huge hit on their hands, a show that's breaking every record in the book for a cable channel, and their response was to pull back on the reins and steer the horse towards Cheaptown. 

Hire the extra labor for that huge zombie crowd scene, for god's sake.  Put some money into creating a destroyed city scape instead of showing the after effects of a zombie apocalypse by filming Mayberry repeatedly. 

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 30, 2012, 12:22:52 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
something my son picked up on that we are not sure of.... How did Carl give shane the gun back when he clearly dropped it in the swamp?
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 08, 2012, 02:42:40 PM »

From the AMC web site:

Robert Kirkman Talks ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 3 Production Start
http://screenrant.com/walking-dead-season-3-production-kirkman-yman-170068/
Quote from: Kirkman
“When you think about The Walking Dead comic series, you think about oh, the stuff they with did the Governor, the stuff they did with the prison and Woodbury and Michonne. And that’s really a lot of the stuff that people remember the story for and that’s stuff we haven’t even gotten to in the TV show yet. So as much as people love the show, and as high as the ratings are, and as cool as the show is, I feel like we haven’t even gotten to the good stuff yet. This season is absolutely going to blow people away.”
I did still quite enjoy the show. I just felt like it dragged on at the farm too much. I think I kind of enjoyed the show more as a sort of group of nomadic survivors stumbling into adventures here and there, rather than sort of molting in one location that long.

Hopefully I'll feel differently about The Prison.  icon_smile

I do think Darabont brought more of a movie-like feel to the show, whereas the successor showrunner (Glen Mazzara from FX's The Shield) doesn't have that cinematic background. That may have worked to Mazzara's favor in terms of having more experience in shepherding a weekly TV show with a limited budget. But I don't know if he has the movie-ish visuals imagination or storytelling sense that Darabont brought.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:46:10 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 23, 2012, 05:48:09 PM »

From EW...

'The Walking Dead': Exclusive first look at Danai Gurira as fan favorite Michonne
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/23/walking-dead-danai-gurira-michonne/
In the comics, Michonne is an unflinching warrior who proves to be powerful ally for Rick Grimes and the rest of the survivors. But how different will the onscreen version be?

"The essence of the character — her personality, her motives, everything that makes Michonne Michonne — remains intact from the comics,” says Robert Kirkman (the creator of the comic and executive producer of the TV adaptation). “But like a lot of things on the show, there will be little tweaks and differences here and there. We saw that her introduction is slightly different from how it was in the comic, and her interaction with Andrea is really going to be a really cool addition to the character that I think will get television viewers up to speed, and they’ll get to know her a lot faster than comic book readers did.”

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #698 on: May 23, 2012, 07:05:24 PM »

Any mention of how he's going to kill off Lori? 

(I'm assuming that he's going to bow to fan pressure and do so, right???)

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #699 on: May 23, 2012, 07:23:24 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on May 23, 2012, 07:05:24 PM

Any mention of how he's going to kill off Lori? 

(I'm assuming that he's going to bow to fan pressure and do so, right???)

It's a good thing I haven't read the comics to spoil potential television series storylines.

Oh, wait...

disgust

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #700 on: May 23, 2012, 08:10:00 PM »

reminds me of one of my favorite onion articles.

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #701 on: May 23, 2012, 08:41:35 PM »

Don't worry Pete - Kirkman himself doesn't actually kill Lori in the comic. So you don't have to worry about spoilers  ninja

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #702 on: May 23, 2012, 08:46:20 PM »

maybe they can put her into her own spin off show:  The Walking Liabilities.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #703 on: May 28, 2012, 01:45:47 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 23, 2012, 08:46:20 PM

maybe they can put her into her own spin off show:  The Walking Liabilities.

her and carl would be great lead-ins, at least until the last episode where the other characters knock them off.   

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 31, 2012, 08:28:43 PM »

TVLine Items: Walking Dead-athon Debuts B&W Episode [un-aired b&w version of pilot]
http://tvline.com/2012/05/31/walking-dead-marathon-emma-stone-icarly/
AMC will marathon all 19 episodes of The Walking Dead‘s first two seasons the weekend of July 8, leading up to a special edition of Talking Dead and a never-before-broadcast black-and-white conversion of the series pilot.

The Dead-athon kicks off Saturday, July 8 at 11:30am EST, running to 1 am that night. The action picks back up Sunday at 11:30 am, leading into the 9 o’clock Talking Dead special and then the 10 pm showing of the B&W series opener.

The marathon event will also be laden with behind-the-scenes footage and cast interviews, and maybe a peek or two at Season 3, premiering this fall.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #705 on: May 31, 2012, 08:37:47 PM »

gonna have to set my DVR for the B&W episode.

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #706 on: May 31, 2012, 08:42:05 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on May 31, 2012, 08:37:47 PM

gonna have to set my DVR for the B&W episode.

I'm interested in the B&W episode as well.  I'm hoping it's a super-clear presentation like Raging Bull, providing the B&W nostalgia of zombie classics like Night of the Living Dead while still updating imagery and clarity. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #707 on: June 01, 2012, 12:44:44 AM »

They did the B&W thing with Daranbonts version of The Mist and it was kinda neat. But makes sense here too since the comics are in B&W.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #708 on: June 14, 2012, 12:16:05 PM »

Saw a cool set photo, and it confirms that for Season 4...

He's baaaaaaaaaack.  icon_cool

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 14, 2012, 12:53:31 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on June 14, 2012, 12:16:05 PM

Saw a cool set photo, and it confirms that for Season 4...

He's baaaaaaaaaack.  icon_cool

so you're getting news a whole season ahead of time?  icon_wink

Because I can,
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 14, 2012, 01:21:31 PM »

sorry I guess I am in no mood for ambiguity this morning...

Are you saying that Frank D. is back at the helm or something else character related?

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #711 on: June 14, 2012, 01:25:39 PM »

Quote from: Roman on June 14, 2012, 01:21:31 PM

sorry I guess I am in no mood for ambiguity this morning...

Are you saying that Frank D. is back at the helm or something else character related?

he means this guy, and I am really am spoiler tagging it for a reason- no jokes or anything else, just a plain old spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Because I can,
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #712 on: June 14, 2012, 01:32:20 PM »

Thanks for clearing it up CeeKay.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #713 on: June 14, 2012, 02:15:00 PM »

Give me a break. If Frank Darabont was returning, that would mean the world had stopped revolving on its axis, and we'd all be dead. I wouldn't even be able to post about it icon_razz

Frank is busy developing LA Noire (no relation to the Rockstar game with the hellish MS.net Framework install problems) for TNT, starring Jon Bernthal (now free of the Walking Dead), Neal McDonough (last seen in Captain America) and Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes). btw, they seem to now let you say "bullshit" on TNT shows without being bleeped out, though there's probably some BS Counter Limit Per Episode they have to be aware of.

I didn't link to stuff about This Guy. I'm sure many people would prefer to be surprised. For others, it might get them more excited about the upcoming season.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 02:19:02 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #714 on: June 23, 2012, 12:10:55 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 05, 2012, 08:16:32 PM

Way off topic and probably discussed here before, but I was just checking on imdb for some info on the actor who plays Dale and decided to look up the actor who plays Rick...only to be surprised to find out the guy's from the U.K..   icon_eek  He's so damn good that I never once thought he was anything but a midwestern or southern citizen of the U.S..

I just finished watching season 2(straight after seeing season 1 for the first time),and every episode i have been wondering where i have seen Andrew Lincoln(Rick) before,every episode i kept on saying i will go on IMDB and check who he is,and then kept forgetting

Then my mum,during a phone call mentioned that she wanted to watch The Walking Dead,i was shocked and said really?,It's Zombies(the nearest she has watched a program with zombies in it is London Soap Eastenders)..she said it was because of Andrew Lincoln who used to be in 'Teachers'...i felt like a deer in the headlights  icon_eek

Teachers was a comedy drama here and it was really good,Andrew Lincoln was a teacher who was just as bad as the kids in some ways..it gained a lot of popularity(as did he) but Andrew Lincoln left in series 3 to pursue a career in America,Teachers was not as good after that and Series 4 was the last...this was back in 2004

he was also in Love Actually,but i never saw that

as for Season 2 of TWD,i liked it but damn some of them are thick as dogshit,but you guys have already covered that(Namely Blackadar's post on the last page...point 2 definitely)

I see season 3 is now going to be 16 episodes,which is fine by me i just hope it doesn't burn itself out and then the studios come along with that fucking axe of theirs icon_mad

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 06, 2012, 07:49:07 PM »

Because I can,
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 06, 2012, 10:13:17 PM »

cool,is that girl on the left the one who ran into Lauren Holden at the end of Season 2,you reckon?(EDIT:actually yeah it is i can see the chained Zombie behind her)

and i know this thread is some 18 pages long....but you guys have an AMC channel?(we have AMC Cinemas),our Walking Dead episodes are on FX

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 06, 2012, 10:15:35 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on July 06, 2012, 10:13:17 PM

.but you guys have an AMC channel?(we have AMC Cinemas),our Walking Dead episodes are on FX

yep, 'American Movie Classics', which is quite true anymore.  I remember when it used to be real classic movies without commercials, but now it's gone mainstream.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 09, 2012, 05:33:49 AM »

I just noticed that Amazon is taking pre-orders for the second compendium, which contains issues 49-96.  the list an October 16th release date, which would be about the time issue 103 comes out (100 is due out this Wednesday).

Because I can,
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 09, 2012, 03:01:18 PM »

I've heard from someone in the know that Season 3 features more action and zombie killing, but the overall writing and show quality has gone down (again).  Apparently not having Frank Darabont around to structure things isn't a good thing after all (this was evidenced so much by watching the black and white pilot last night, which is so much better than anything else the show has ever produced).

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: