http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 07:02:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 44718 times)
Crusis
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #640 on: March 05, 2012, 06:48:07 PM »

Great comments from all. I think that as the season goes on, the loss of Darabont is really starting to show. I will say that all the drama has been very appealing to a broader audience. My wife is really not a zombie person (oh the irony) but she absolutely loves this show.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 05, 2012, 07:01:44 PM »

I wish the split had been amicable.  At least enough so that Darabont could've become at least a consultant to the show.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 05, 2012, 07:03:31 PM »

As much as I WANT to like the show this season, I totally agree with all the criticism about how the writers are bungling the character development. All of Carl's behavior in this latest episode is so uncharacteristic of how he's been portrayed so far it's a mess. It feels like the writers have a general feel of where they want the characters to go, but are struggling with how to get there. There will no doubt be a couple of more shocking and dramatic developments this season but the sooner they get away from the farm the better, although I have doubts that getting the group back on the road will result in any improvement in the show's writing.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 05, 2012, 07:17:43 PM »

Quote from: Roman on March 05, 2012, 02:37:28 PM

I would suggest that what we saw of Carl in last night's episode is setting the stage for what those of us who have read the comic already know about. Having Carl execute his actions early on in the show - to mimic the comic - would be harder to swallow in terms of character development etc.
He was showing a general detachment with his behaviour and actions last night and I think that what I wrote above dove tails beautifully into the spoiler that I posted above a few days ago.

Spoiler if you want more info to what I allude to above:
Spoiler for Hiden:
In the comic - very early on I might add Carl kills Shayne in the woods when he fears for his dad's safety
Something to think about??

It wasn't just that, I actually thought they were trying to build to something else and I wonder if the whole earlier scene with him getting the gun and wandering around was to play with fans of the comic...  Comic Spoiler:

Spoiler for Hiden:
He also kills the (young) boy that no one including was willing to, that was a huge character thing for him.  I thought he was going to kill the kid in the barn, keeping with the comic.  Now that that's gone, I suppose my original guess that he would kill Shane in the finale is back on.

- - -

All that said, I had a weird vibe throughout the episode last night, the whole thing felt off in terms of the writing and directing, just everything.  At certain points I was just bored.  At other points it felt like all the characters were off their rockers, inconsistent with earlier depictions.  It really felt like someone else came in and wrote this episode without having read some of the previous ones.  It made no sense to me that Rick is suddenly this cold-blooded killer and can't be reasoned with - after all he was the one who saved the kid in the first place.  And everyone else is pretty much the same?  Hard to buy.  Maybe they wanted to have this be a showcase acting piece for Dale, but it just came across as pathetic and annoying.  The sad part is I think the debate could have been made much more interesting, and the outcome be the same, if only the writers had done a better job being consistent with this particular group of characters.

And only 2 more episodes?  Looks like the freaking farm was the single set piece this season.  Oh well!  Hopefully the last 2 eps will set things up for next season.  I think I read they've already cast a couple of the key characters.

corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 05, 2012, 07:48:45 PM »

Dale's soap opera was a little annoying, but turned out pretty good.

Could we see the hostage escaping back to his people, bringing them back and having an all out battle in the final episode? That'd be a hell of a way to end season 2.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 05, 2012, 08:16:32 PM »

Way off topic and probably discussed here before, but I was just checking on imdb for some info on the actor who plays Dale and decided to look up the actor who plays Rick...only to be surprised to find out the guy's from the U.K..   icon_eek  He's so damn good that I never once thought he was anything but a midwestern or southern citizen of the U.S..

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #646 on: March 06, 2012, 12:03:47 AM »

Well, I thought that the Carl thing was very well handled -- leaving aside whether he should have been out wandering in the first place...I bought that because he's such a disobedient little snot.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Carl's taunting the zombie, and then failing to kill it, leads directly to Dale's death -- Dale representing the group's moral conscience. This whole situation parallel's Rick's moral crisis over whether to execute Randall, whom they "taunted" by torturing him. Just as Rick has decided that murdering a potential threat to the group in cold blood is wrong (Dale's influence) because it's not the kind of world he wants to raise his children in, Dale gets killed because Carl failed to kill a potential threat to the group. The fact that Randall is human and the walker was not adds an opposite dimension to what's otherwise a mirror situation.

That was all masterfully woven together. And yeah, I'm watching this show as a struggle over the meaning of being human in a world where the old definitions don't apply anymore. I generally enjoy the zombie action, too, but if that was all it had going for it I wouldn't be watching the show.

I do agree with the general comments about some characters' actions being inconsistent and their motivations unclear, and some of the sideshow dramas, like the younger sister's suicide attempt last week, are unnecessary digressions. I also agree that they've been rattling around on that farm for too long.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Zinfan

View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:10 AM »

I ff'ed a lot of the moralizing in this episode but did like the ending however I think it could have been improved by

Spoiler for Hiden:
Letting Dale turn into a zombie who they then set upon the unwelcome guest in the barn.  I would have laughed.

Dale always bothered me mostly because he drove around in that shitty RV when there were thousands of abandoned Class A RV's strewn across their path. Oh and his interfering with everyone's choices too.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 06, 2012, 03:40:32 PM »

They explained Dale's love of his old RV at one point.  His older vehicle was analog in comparison to the numerous computerized components in newer RV's, therefore easier to repair.  Also, I'm sure there was a psychological aspect to it.  You have something familiar it helps take some of the sting out of a world like that.

Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 06, 2012, 04:22:21 PM »

If I remember correctly he also stated in the comic that he and his beloved wife spent a ton of time with the RV- hence is wanting to keep it.

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 06, 2012, 09:17:43 PM »

IIRC he also did some 'fake' repairs once so the group could stay put and work out some issues he felt needed resolving.  He was a whiny pita but I liked his character for his unwavering convictions.  I also thought the actor was one of the stronger ones. 

I thought it was an uneven episode much like most of the season.  The Carl wandering off bit did not bother me at all.  He's a stupid kid after all and the farm/surrounding area has been relatively safe due to the fact that most of the walkers get stuck in the mud (mentioned in previous episodes).  I did think he was going to shoot the prisoner when I first saw him take the gun and he may very well have taken it into the woods to practice for that reason.  I actually liked the 'playing' with the zombie bit and thought it was pretty well done.   There was much more context there than just using it as a vehicle to free the zombie that took out Dale imo.  He seemed to grow up a bit and turn callous and cold during the encounter with it.  Initially fearful before turning back to it and testing it with the rocks.  I thought the actor did good when he faced off with it after that and kind of had a stare down with it growling at him.  It was rushed for sure and needed a bit more fleshing out but I still took that from it (wrong or right, never read the comics).  Now the rest of the episode.....I don't really recall.  I think Maggie and Glenn got engaged or something?  Oh and token black guy finally came back from picking veggies or something to say kill that dude.   slywink

morlac00 on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 12, 2012, 12:09:55 AM »

finally caught up with last week's episode:

Spoiler for Hiden:
aw man, not Dale! crybaby  kinda surprised to see him go so early, didn't he survive the Governor and all that in the comics?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 12, 2012, 03:17:53 AM »

Well, that was interesting. Guess we all saw it coming though.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 12, 2012, 03:33:56 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on March 12, 2012, 03:17:53 AM

Well, that was interesting. Guess we all saw it coming though.
So...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I guess in the end they sort of ended Shane as the comic did, but "softened" it by making him a zombie. Though now we have to wonder why these people not killed with bites are also turning into zombies.
I gotta say the last scene was so darn dark I just couldn't see what was going on. I think I know, but I had an awful hard time making it out.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 12, 2012, 04:30:44 AM »

Excellent interview up with Glen Mazzara (executive producer) about what happened in the latest episode.. if you haven't watched tonight's episode (03/11/2012) be warned plenty of spoilers in the interview. Lots of questions get answered. They give a few hints on what to expect in the season finale as well.

SPOILER INTERVIEW WARNING!

Spoiler for Hiden:
How important was it for Rick to kill Shane? All season, we've seen Rick go back and forth about taking the big stand when he needed to.
Glen Mazzara: I think people will see that Rick killing Shane was him asserting his leadership, but to me it's a actually a very, very personal killing. He kills him with a knife, and if you watch the scene again, Shane is actually lowering the gun. It is conceivable that they could work this out, but Rick has already given Shane a chance. And I think he's just sick of Shane. I think he's done with this guy.

It's a very, very personal scene. They're talking about, "You slept with my wife", "You think you're a better father." None of the questions are about leadership. It's questions of individual manhood, and I think when Rick kills Shane, it's a crime of passion. It's not so much that he's asserting his leadership. He kills Shane because he wants him f------ dead.
http://www.seattlepi.com/ae/tv/tvguide/article/Walking-Dead-Boss-on-How-the-Show-s-Latest-Death-3398638.php
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 04:33:34 AM by corruptrelic » Logged

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #655 on: March 12, 2012, 05:40:20 AM »

Damn.  Was not expecting that at all.  Not only the payoff, but the nature of the infection that they fully fleshed out in this episode. 

I like the tie in to the comic. 

Next episodes is the finale and it's a big one from the previews.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 12, 2012, 04:55:00 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 12, 2012, 05:40:20 AM

Damn.  Was not expecting that at all.  Not only the payoff, but the nature of the infection that they fully fleshed out in this episode. 

I like the tie in to the comic. 

Next episodes is the finale and it's a big one from the previews.

I sat completely frozen in place with this look on my face:   icon_eek

Spoiler for Hiden:
I more or less expected Rick to once again diffuse the situation, return to the farmhouse with Shane, and perhaps have the incident act as a sort of odd bonding experience between the two.  I was stunned when Rick struck while lulling Shane into a moment of indecision.

In terms of the disease/infection, I am continuing to avoid reading the comic series for fear of having anything potentially spoiled, and so I am unfamiliar with the conditions established in the comics.  Still...

Spoiler for Hiden:
When Darryl and Glenn found zombie Randall my wife started screaming, "It hasn't been long enough!  He changed too fast!  How can he be a zombie already?"  But, she had a very inquisitive look on her face, already starting to try to make sense of the situation.

Then, when Shane started losing his mind, and after he was killed and started to reanimate again so soon, she started in again on the, "It's too fast!  They're turning too fast!"  My curiosity is now in overdrive as to what is going on with the virus, how will the incident with Shane affect both Rick and Carl, and WTF are they going to do with the zombie horde rapidly approaching?

Wow.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 12, 2012, 07:49:12 PM »

The whole end scene was awesome. I loved the setting with the moon and the open field. It had a very old school western feel to it.

Also, the episode was so good it's easy to forget how awesome the opening was with them kicking zombie ass. Andrea and a pitchfork are not to be messed with.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 12, 2012, 07:56:30 PM »

Quote from: Scraper on March 12, 2012, 07:49:12 PM

The whole end scene was awesome. I loved the setting with the moon and the open field. It had a very old school western feel to it.
It reminded me of the finale of that season 1 episode in the city. You know, when Rick's trapped in the tank and the city's filling with zombies surrounding the tank, and the camera sort of pulls back up into the sky, rotating a bit with that funky music playing?

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 12, 2012, 08:49:28 PM »

This episode definitely got back on track for the show, with lots of great scenes, lots of payoff to things we saw all season, nods to the comic, and some fantastic acting all around. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
As much as I felt like the Shane character was being moved/played out to die with Carl shooting him, I'm still a bit concerned that without him the cast is severely weakened.  His chemistry with Rick, Lori and Carl were all fantastic.  In some ways he drove the conflict and energy for the entire show and they are definitely going to miss having him around.  His scene with Lori was heartbreaking, I loved that.  In the comic it was not as big a deal, they lost him fairly early, but in the show I feel like he's much much harder to replace.  There really isn't another strong male presence to offset Rick.  Of course the comic was much more Rick-centric so it didn't matter, but the show I think needs more.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #660 on: March 13, 2012, 03:06:15 AM »

EW chatted with a certain someone... guess I gotta pretty much put the whole link in spoilers. Unless everyone is caught up now.  icon_smile

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jon Bernthal (a.k.a. Shane) talks about the latest 'Walking Dead' shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/11/jon-bernthal-shane-walking-dead-shocker/
This part was nice:
Spoiler for Hiden:
I know you and Andrew Lincoln tested for this show together and were the first regulars cast, so what was it like, now, completing that journey? Take me inside the filming of that final confrontation and the emotions at play while playing it.

We shot that scene all night long. And the entire cast came out and spent the entire night out on that field to be there for the last scene, and Jeff DeMunn [who played the recently deceased Dale] actually had been gone. He lives on a farm in upstate New York, and he had flown down and surprised me to be there for my last scene, which just touched me.

And like I said, there was a lot of feeling about the last scene. The writers wanted it to be one way, the actors wanted it one way, the producers wanted it to be another way, I think everybody just sort of had their idea of what that scene should be, and it was just Andy and I in the woods walking out together, and Andy and I turned to each other and said, ďYou know what, man, this is you and me. Letís do this for you and me.Ē

I canít imagine a better actor, a better partner, to do this with, and itís been the honor of my acting career to act alongside Andrew Lincoln. Heís my brother, heís my best friend that Iíve made in the acting world, and to go out the way I did and go out with who I did ó it was, and still is, very emotional.
And that was that.

Itís funny because I promised everybody that I was going to come back and sort of say my final goodbye. And I came into work while they were shooting the next episode and I walked out onto the set and I saw the cast and the crew and everybody was working, and I realized Iím no longer a part of it. And I really didnít know what to do. This was my show! These are all my friends, my family. And so what I did was I actually went out into the woods and I hid and I watched them shoot for about two-and-a-half-hours, and I was just sitting there.

I sound like the biggest weirdo in the world, but I didnít say goodbye. I couldnít. I just wanted to watch and spectate. And none of them even knew that I was there, and I just walked back to my car and went home with my dog Boss. But this will always be the greatest job I ever had. Iíve never met people who care about what they do more, and it was just such an honor to be a part of it, and Iím gonna miss them all so much.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 03:11:38 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #661 on: March 13, 2012, 03:24:40 AM »

Damn, I think his sentiments about the episode are more moving than the episode itself. 

Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 14, 2012, 02:07:22 AM »

Mishonne!  Mishonne! Mishonne!  That is all

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 14, 2012, 05:23:10 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on March 14, 2012, 02:07:22 AM

Mishonne!  Mishonne! Mishonne!  That is all

If you're lucky, maybe Michonne will appear too.   Tongue

Speaking of Michonne, there was a rumor at one point that Rutina Wesley from True Blood might be cast in that role.  Say what you will about her character Tara on True Blood, but Rutina is still smokin' hot, imho.  I think she'd be great.

« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:30:12 PM by hepcat » Logged

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 14, 2012, 05:57:30 PM »

Quote from: Caine on March 13, 2012, 03:24:40 AM

Damn, I think his sentiments about the episode are more moving than the episode itself. 

Agreed!!!  Really moving, especially the last part...
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 15, 2012, 03:21:41 PM »

damn....

Spoiler for Hiden:
two major characters in as many episodes.  I wonder who won't survive the finale......

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 19, 2012, 02:53:44 AM »

Great finale IMHO. Great to see a major new set piece being hinted at and good surprises too. Happy with it and can't wait till the Fall season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 19, 2012, 02:59:43 AM »

Did Hershel have an unlimited ammo mod enabled tonight? Seriously now.

Finally seeing
Spoiler for Hiden:
Michonne
is great too.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:13:34 AM by spigot » Logged

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #668 on: March 19, 2012, 03:12:28 AM »

Heh. I told my wife I'd never seen a shotgun with such a huge magazine. She had no idea what I was talking about.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
kadnod

View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 19, 2012, 03:21:20 AM »

Yeah, good finale.  Little frustrating that the characters didn't have some sort of contingency plan for the not-unlikely scenario they found themselves in, but still an exciting episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I also thought it was pretty slick how they brought Michonne and the prison into play without actually having the actress or the set available yet.  Good way to surprise nerds like me that follow casting and filming news for the show.   

Rick's Shane-ish tude in that ending monologue was pretty cool, too.   

Can five murderous vagabonds heroes save their world from a roman empire knockoff the forces of evil?  Apparently so! Find out how they did it in the only best D&D game in General Analog Gaming!
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #670 on: March 19, 2012, 03:41:14 AM »

Was wondering what everyone was talking about with "Mishonne"! Finally googled her. (Never read the comics.)

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-michonne-danai-gurira-301498

Now the trouble is waiting half a year for the next season. When I finally decided to get caught up on 24, I rented the dvds at blockbuster, so could go through the series as fast (or slow) as I wanted. In 24's case, I think I went through a whole season in 2 days, as waiting a week just to catch the next hour would have been tough, especially the way they ended an episode. (Wait it's the vice president who's the bad guy, right..?)
Finding myself in the same situation with Walking Dead now.

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 19, 2012, 05:37:00 AM »

When posting spoilers, can we label it based on if it's regarding the show or comic?  I'd like to read the spoilers that were based on this season and tonight's episode, but not necessarily about the comics in fear it would give away any future episodes.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #672 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:01 AM »

That was a great finale.  Going to be a very long wait until the fall now.  Loved every minute and both intro of the new character and the prison. 

Good to see Rick get a little unhinged.  After this season, who wouldn't be a bit off his rocker?

Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 19, 2012, 06:46:02 AM »

Well it's clear what everyone was doing on the farm all of season 2. Practicing head shots with their guns. How else could they have become such deadly shots at night in moving cars on bumpy terrain?  Tongue
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 19, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »

Quote from: naednek on March 19, 2012, 05:37:00 AM

When posting spoilers, can we label it based on if it's regarding the show or comic?  I'd like to read the spoilers that were based on this season and tonight's episode, but not necessarily about the comics in fear it would give away any future episodes.
fwiw, I've never read the comics, so any spoilers from me are strictly off the show.

Yeah the ending was a humdinger. I was left feeling that the harder edged Rick Grimes becomes, the more interesting a character he becomes, and at the same time, the less appealing I find him to be. Though I wouldn't expect him to remain the type of character he was in Season 1. Evolving is good even if it means becoming a character I find it hard to root for now.

I imagine that suits Glen Mazzara (creator/showrunner of FX's The Shield) just fine -- remember he had Walt Goggins' character kill his wife, child and himself in the series finale. The man clearly is not afraid to "get dark" in subject matter. I'm sure he's willing and able to take the show as far as it needs to go to be faithful to the comic and yet not be a clone of it.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #675 on: March 19, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »

Quote from: Ironrod on March 19, 2012, 03:12:28 AM

Heh. I told my wife I'd never seen a shotgun with such a huge magazine. She had no idea what I was talking about.

He obviously had an unlimited ammo hack installed. Seriously next time I get to name a kick ass weapon in a video game I'm going to call it "Hershel's Shotgun".

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 19, 2012, 02:03:14 PM »

Decent episode with three glaring problems.
Spoiler for Hiden:

1. This ain't Mass Effect or Counterstrike, folks. The head shot parade was insane and defied belief. Trying to shoot zombies in the head while driving 20-30 MPH over rough terrain isn't going to happen. Also, how many shots does that rifle have, Hershel? 25? 30?

2. Jimmy's death was moronic. You pull over into a herd and don't even have the door closed?

Ok, I could forgive those two...but this next one almost ruined it for me.

3. Lori's reaction was again evidence of horrible, sloppy writing where there's no consistency. Just a few episodes ago she was telling Rick to essentially kill Shane. Now she's upset when the deed is done in self-defense? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even my wife, who is much more forgiving than I am, said that was "dumb".

But at least "Teh Stupid" was covered up by some good zombie action.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else caught this. In Episode 1, Rick sees a helicopter in Atlanta and starts to gallop after it. That's when he turns the corner and meets up with a huge pack of zombies and has to take refuge in the tank. That's the real start of his zombie journey, which put him at the farm. This pack of zombies followed a helicopter (I believe it was the same one) out of Atlanta and, like Rick, ultimately ends up at the farm. I just thought that was interesting and some nice consistency.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 19, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »

Quote from: Blackadar on March 19, 2012, 02:03:14 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

3. Lori's reaction was again evidence of horrible, sloppy writing where there's no consistency. Just a few episodes ago she was telling Rick to essentially kill Shane. Now she's upset when the deed is done in self-defense? That makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even my wife, who is much more forgiving than I am, said that was "dumb".

Spoiler for Hiden:
pssst....she wasn't getting that upset because Rick killed Shane, she was mad that he involved Carl.  Watch it again and notice the timing of her outburst.  It's only after he says that Carl killed zombie Shane that she pulls away.  icon_wink

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on March 19, 2012, 06:46:02 AM

Well it's clear what everyone was doing on the farm all of season 2. Practicing head shots with their guns. How else could they have become such deadly shots at night in moving cars on bumpy terrain?  Tongue

I fully expected to see a scene in which Hershel blindfolds Andrea and she starts picking them off, with everyone applauding after each head shot.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 02:46:34 PM by hepcat » Logged

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2012, 03:34:06 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on March 19, 2012, 02:43:05 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
pssst....she wasn't getting that upset because Rick killed Shane, she was mad that he involved Carl.  Watch it again and notice the timing of her outburst.  It's only after he says that Carl killed zombie Shane that she pulls away.  icon_wink

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on March 19, 2012, 06:46:02 AM

Well it's clear what everyone was doing on the farm all of season 2. Practicing head shots with their guns. How else could they have become such deadly shots at night in moving cars on bumpy terrain?  Tongue
That's how I took that scene.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:39:56 PM by naednek » Logged
notrich
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2012, 03:53:40 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

1. This ain't Mass Effect or Counterstrike, folks. The head shot parade was insane and defied belief. Trying to shoot zombies in the head while driving 20-30 MPH over rough terrain isn't going to happen. Also, how many shots does that rifle have, Hershel? 25? 30?

2. Jimmy's death was moronic. You pull over into a herd and don't even have the door closed?

Ok, I could forgive those two...but this next one almost ruined it for me.

But at least "Teh Stupid" was covered up by some good zombie action.

Also, I was wondering if anyone else caught this. In Episode 1, Rick sees a helicopter in Atlanta and starts to gallop after it. That's when he turns the corner and meets up with a huge pack of zombies and has to take refuge in the tank. That's the real start of his zombie journey, which put him at the farm. This pack of zombies followed a helicopter (I believe it was the same one) out of Atlanta and, like Rick, ultimately ends up at the farm. I just thought that was interesting and some nice consistency.

I have to agree with black...

1 - i will give someone in the movies/tv 80% accuracy but not 100%

2 - it was more than just that specific example -
Spoiler for Hiden:
ALOT of those deaths were stupid - not to mention the fact that they are in cars... RUN THEM OVER as the first option and save the ammo.

and NO backup plan... NO walkie talkies... one gun shot wakes up every zombie for miles around and sends them into a frenzy????????

3 - it was a bad over the top reaction (even if you discount the specific timing of her overreaction)

Overall it was a good episode, but some of the hamhanded actions/dialog/deaths made it less than it could have been (it could have been listed in a top season finales list if not for some of the poor choices they made)

good stuff for next season - still interested in watching it  - (i just think that the farm story was poor in general - story logic wise it just didn't make sense to me)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 03:56:17 PM by notrich » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: