http://gamingtrend.com
April 21, 2014, 03:21:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 38146 times)
Blackjack
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 08, 2012, 08:58:23 PM »

LA Times is having a live online chat with Jon Bernthal (Shane) on Monday, Feb. 13, 11 a.m. (I believe that's PST):
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2012/02/walking-dead-jon-bernthal-shane-chat.html
AMC is giving viewers another shot. It will air the first season Saturday and the first half of the second season Sunday, before the midseason premiere Sunday evening.

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #561 on: February 09, 2012, 07:50:08 PM »

Noticed some coverage at USA Today (relatively spoiler free but if you want to be completely non-informed about upcoming episodes, don't read these):

'All fireworks' ahead for 'The Walking Dead'
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-02-08/The-Walking-Dead/53015690/1

Norman Reedus talks about 'Walking Dead' fan favorite Daryl
http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/story/2012-02-01/the-walking-dead-norman-reedus/53014436/1

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2012, 04:33:19 AM »

safe to assume that nobody on the east coast watched this?  or is it just that you all forgot to tune in?

I'll be watching the 9:30 HD repeat (east coast broadcast) soon. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2012, 05:15:16 AM »

I watched it tonight...and it was awesome icon_cool

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 13, 2012, 06:29:24 AM »

The last 5 minutes.   icon_eek

Holy hell.  Was not expecting that

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 13, 2012, 06:38:23 AM »

I thought it was kinda slow other than the final few minutes, and even then I wasn't surprised at what happened.

Spoiler for Hiden:
as soon as those guys showed up I figured they were bad news, and figured they'd be dead before they left the bar.  on another note I seriously don't hope they spend the rest of the season looking for Lori.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Roman

XboxLive: RomyBolognaPony

View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 13, 2012, 02:28:58 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 13, 2012, 06:38:23 AM

I thought it was kinda slow other than the final few minutes, and even then I wasn't surprised at what happened.

Spoiler for Hiden:
as soon as those guys showed up I figured they were bad news, and figured they'd be dead before they left the bar.  on another note I seriously don't hope they spend the rest of the season looking for Lori.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Good point  Tongue As long as she is on the main road that they took to town than she'll be located just fine

Xbox Live Gamertag: RomyBolognaPony
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 13, 2012, 03:41:42 PM »

Quote from: Caine on February 13, 2012, 06:29:24 AM

I of course was channel surfing and missed it!  icon_lol Guess I'll have to wait for a repeat.

I would be happy if they moved on from the farm. Herschel's, well, a bummer, dude, and I preferred the first season's more nomadic approach. But I have a sinking feeling the show's just gonna hover around the Farm until the season finale.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 13, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rick Grimes = Raylen Givens.  That was some serious quickdraw going on there.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 13, 2012, 05:04:53 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on February 13, 2012, 03:41:42 PM

I of course was channel surfing and missed it!  icon_lol Guess I'll have to wait for a repeat.

I would be happy if they moved on from the farm. Herschel's, well, a bummer, dude, and I preferred the first season's more nomadic approach. But I have a sinking feeling the show's just gonna hover around the Farm until the season finale.

I wouldn't put too much stock in that worry. There is too much awesome material in the comic for this to happen.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #570 on: February 13, 2012, 06:03:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 13, 2012, 04:10:02 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
Rick Grimes = Raylen Givens.  That was some serious quickdraw going on there.

Spoiler for Hiden:
It was actually so quick that my wife and I both inadvertently yelled, "Woah!" as an unintentional outburst the moment it happened.  On another forum someone's assessment of the episode was, "Rick shot first!"  Fortunately Lucas won't be editing this show.

Walking Dead, oh how I've missed you.  The zombie valentines were an amusing touch.

"If there were a zombie apocalypse I'd eat you last."

"I'd have to be brain dead not to want you as my Valentine."

icon_lol

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #571 on: February 13, 2012, 07:25:33 PM »

Guess I'll have to wait for a repeat.

BAM!

Because I can,
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #572 on: February 13, 2012, 09:11:57 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 13, 2012, 06:38:23 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Gonna have to agree with CK on this, I was kind of disappointed all in all.  I was hoping they'd be moving on (hopefully to the prison or whatever the next big set piece might be) soon.  Mostly I just want my Michonne!

Spoiler for Hiden:
This is a comic book spoiler as well as for the show, so be aware before you click!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I'm wondering now if they won't maneuver things somehow so Carl ends up killing Shane just like he did in the comic.  His line about killing Sophia seems like it could be more forshadowing.  I saw a couple items about the actor playing Shane being up for some other major role which may indicate he won't last the rest of this season.   In the comic there was also more of this stuff as Carl ends up putting down some other little boy that no one else was able to.  Would have been awesome if they had him blast the Sophia zombie as well, but I think that might have been too much for TV.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2012, 03:23:33 PM »

The trailers for next week suggest the show's turning into the end of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, or maybe John Carpenter's Assault on Precinct 13 [or, The Bar, in this case].  icon_razz

Personally, I worry they're in danger of turning Lorie (who can be a compelling character) into a screeching, pregnant meemie, Rick into a self-doubting Jell-O, and Shane into a one-note SOB. I haven't decided if I like that Daryl Dixon has gradually become the most humane and caring character on the show.

Dixon is so popular, I've seen some places calling for him to get spun off into his own show. I don't exactly know what that would be about. He hunts for a half hour and whittles new arrowheads, in between providing gardening and flower-picking tips?  icon_razz

What's tough about watching the Season 1 marathon over the weekend is those episodes still feel noticeably more fresh and compelling to me, and not just because the show had just started. Nothing in Season 2 has had the scope of downtown Atlanta or the CDC finale. I understand that's probably just because the comics didn't continue in that vein, and perhaps a bit about budget constrictions.

But this past week's episode had record ratings. So what do I know? I still watch the show and am glad it's on, and it's fun to have that to look forward to every Sunday evening.  icon_smile I'm just not sure I'm on board with the show's direction in the post-Darabont era.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 03:26:17 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2012, 03:59:52 PM »

I of course was channel surfing and missed it!

Quote from: Blackjack on February 15, 2012, 03:23:33 PM

...Rick into a self-doubting Jell-O...

You really need to see the last 5 minutes of this past episode.

I also feel the show has been a bit slower as of late, but next week's previews look to indicate some more intense action, and not just with the bar shootout, but zombies look to once again get in the way of Glen getting some. 

While Season 2 doesn't quite live up to the standard set by Season 1, I'm still enjoying it, and at least it isn't Alcatraz. 

xenocide
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2012, 04:48:47 PM »

Have to agree on Hershel, he can go anytime.  I do like Maggie, about the only good thing about the farm.  I have not read the comics, but I'm hoping they leave the farm and take Maggie with them.

I am starting to really dislike Lori. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
WTF was her plan to go and "get" Rick?  What was she going to do, she is one of the worst survivalists/fighters on her own.  Send Daryl or Shane or Andrea(yes I know she at least asked Daryl), ok maybe they could do something but even then give it an hour for them to come back on their own.  Running off on her own to "get" Rick was one of the stupidest things any character has done on the show so far.  I'm torn whether I am more mad at the writers for having her do something so stupid or just mad at Lori the character for being a moron. 

The entire scene with the two strangers in the bar was great.  Not just the shooting, which was awesome itself, but I thought the whole thing was well done.  The two strangers really came across great, friendly at times, relief at seeing other survivors, but with just the right amount of menace to not be trusted.  Rick and Hershel immediately putting aside their differences and showing a united front to the two.  Well done.  We need more of this and less farm.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2012, 06:10:44 PM »

Lori AND Maggie can go anytime.  It seems that the sole reason they exist on that show is to act as annoying foibles for the men folk.  Give them something else to do other than utter the words "But I don't want you to go!" every episode and they can stay.

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2012, 06:44:47 PM »

Quote from: xenocide on February 15, 2012, 04:48:47 PM

Have to agree on Hershel, he can go anytime.  I do like Maggie, about the only good thing about the farm.  I have not read the comics, but I'm hoping they leave the farm and take Maggie with them.

Spoiler for Hiden:
WTF was her plan to go and "get" Rick?  What was she going to do, she is one of the worst survivalists/fighters on her own.  Send Daryl or Shane or Andrea(yes I know she at least asked Daryl), ok maybe they could do something but even then give it an hour for them to come back on their own.  Running off on her own to "get" Rick was one of the stupidest things any character has done on the show so far.  I'm torn whether I am more mad at the writers for having her do something so stupid or just mad at Lori the character for being a moron. 

The entire scene with the two strangers in the bar was great.  Not just the shooting, which was awesome itself, but I thought the whole thing was well done.  The two strangers really came across great, friendly at times, relief at seeing other survivors, but with just the right amount of menace to not be trusted.  Rick and Hershel immediately putting aside their differences and showing a united front to the two.  Well done.  We need more of this and less farm.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I was thinking the exact same thing, easily the dumbest bit of writing in the series so far. Rick had literally just left, with a promise to get Hershel and come back, why the F did she need someone else to go out and tell Rick to come back, literally within 15 minutes of him leaving? It was just a stupid bit a writing to get her to crash.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2012, 07:09:42 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on February 15, 2012, 06:10:44 PM

Lori AND Maggie can go anytime.  It seems that the sole reason they exist on that show is to act as annoying foibles for the men folk.  Give them something else to do other than utter the words "But I don't want you to go!" every episode and they can stay.

I would say the writers didn't like strong female characters, but then there's shooter chick and eventually (hopefully) Michonne to make up for them.  The whole thing with Lori this episode was terribly annoying, the only way I will forgive them is if they use it to introduce Michonne or move the plotline off of the farm.

I think one of the reasons this season has played relatively slow is the simple lack of zombies.  Just a couple here and there is not very thrilling.  The most breathtaking sequence was with Shane and Otis(? forgot the name) and there were, you guessed it, lots of zombies!  While I like a mix of slower, character oriented stuff, I still need a decent zombie fix in a show about zombies lol.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2012, 07:26:12 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on February 15, 2012, 07:09:42 PM

I would say the writers didn't like strong female characters, but then there's shooter chick and eventually (hopefully) Michonne to make up for them. 

Like a broken record, I have to repeat this:  don't make Michonne into a superhero when she appears like she's depicted in the comics (at least initially).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 16, 2012, 03:05:47 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

yeah, I didn't get that either.

Because I can,
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #581 on: February 17, 2012, 01:33:31 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 16, 2012, 03:05:47 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:

yeah, I didn't get that either.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Assuming that's where she was going. Would she have needed a map to find the town? Someone suggested that Dale's theory about Shane being a murderer might have upset her enough to go look for evidence. Which would be even stupider and still out of character, but at least not as foolish as lighting out needlessly after Rick.

I'm trying to be optimistic; perhaps she'll be eaten by the walker that she ran over.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #582 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:15 PM »

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #583 on: February 17, 2012, 07:03:34 PM »

need.new.keyboard.

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #584 on: February 17, 2012, 07:41:19 PM »

icon_lol icon_lol icon_lol

naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2012, 04:08:12 PM »

Really, no response about last night's episode?  I thought it was great and tense.
Scraper
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2012, 04:20:43 PM »

Quote from: naednek on February 20, 2012, 04:08:12 PM

Really, no response about last night's episode?  I thought it was great and tense.

I'm with you, I thought it was the best episode of the entire season. That zombie trying to stick its face through the windshield was just awesome.

" And they are a strong and frightening force, impervious to, and immunized against, the feeble lance of mere reason." Isaac Asimov
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2012, 04:25:11 PM »

Quote from: naednek on February 20, 2012, 04:08:12 PM

I'm glad to see the tension ramping back up again after a slow start to the first half of Season 2.  However, while I understand interpersonal drama as being an inevitability of the situation, now everyone is in the middle of some kind of personal strife.  The situation in town was incredibly tense, and we see another instance of Rick's quick transition from cold-blooded killer to protect his own back to humane survivor.  

I'm quickly losing interest in Lori, though.  I've liked her in the past, but lately she's been grating on my nerves.  First the car accident, then her conversation with Rick at the end of this week's episode.  

Next week looks like shit will be going down.  Big time.

Quote from: Scraper on February 20, 2012, 04:20:43 PM

I'm with you, I thought it was the best episode of the entire season. That zombie trying to stick its face through the windshield was just awesome.

That was pretty cool, and so was unnamed attacker #3 who had his face bitten clean off.   icon_eek

Roman

View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 21, 2012, 02:19:42 AM »

DVRd it last night and watched it today - great episode with tons of jump moments - well at least I jumped a few times.

Wonder what fence Rick and Shayne come up on next week................. smile ninja

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 21, 2012, 05:41:15 PM »

I got so caught up watching the Spartacus: Blood and Sand Season 1 finale on DVD than I totally forget this was even on -- only caught the last 30 seconds.  icon_redface

I saw some of the Walking Dead action figures at a Barnes & Noble yesterday. I'll post some iPod Touch photos I took later.

While there were plenty of Rick Grimes figures available, I only saw one Daryl Dixon on display.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 21, 2012, 06:13:07 PM »

Last episode well played out.  Good ol' Herschey shot somebody! Didn't think he had it in him.

Next week looks like it'll be the best episode yet as it's a showdown with the survivors themselves. Shane vs Rick is a long time coming. Always thought Shane was looking out for the best of the group with his actions, but he's more obsessed with Lori than anything it seems. (And why Rick took her back I have no idea. Would you take your wife back if she cheated on you - and you don't know for sure who the baby's daddy is?)

Between Spartacus Veangeance, The River, WWE Monday Night Raw, Friday Night Smackdown, Vampire Diaries, and Walking Dead, I'm watching more current tv shows than at any time in my life.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 21, 2012, 11:04:15 PM »

I watched all 9 episodes over Sunday-Monday and I think it helped avoid some of the complaints about it being slow and plodding.  It doesn't compare to season 1 but watching season 2 together at once really helped with the flow and I have no real complaints smile  Looking forward to the next episode.  Can't believe Dixon is becoming one of my favorite characters...please don't let him go down the a-hole path.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #592 on: February 22, 2012, 01:50:08 AM »

Quote from: corruptrelic on February 21, 2012, 06:13:07 PM

Would you take your wife back if she cheated on you - and you don't know for sure who the baby's daddy is?)

If she thought I was dead and the world appeared to be ending? Hell yes, those are extenuating circumstances. Unless my wife is Lori, and then no freaking way.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 22, 2012, 05:48:16 AM »

looks like one of the persons in the show is in negotiations for a new series.  I'll spoiler it and use the persons real name so someone may not be accidentally spoiled:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jon Bernthal

whether or not this means that persons character is doomed or if that person will be pulling double duty remains to be seen, since it is still in negotiations.

Because I can,
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 22, 2012, 05:58:41 AM »

Isn't the old trope that the individual would end up in a coma during renegotiation?

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:59 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 22, 2012, 05:48:16 AM

looks like one of the persons in the show is in negotiations for a new series.  I'll spoiler it and use the persons real name so someone may not be accidentally spoiled:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Jon Bernthal

whether or not this means that persons character is doomed or if that person will be pulling double duty remains to be seen, since it is still in negotiations.
fwiw, Robert Kirkman in one of his weekly EW Q&As (http://insidetv.ew.com/tag/the-walking-dead/; afraid I forget which one) was asked once about a different cast member who was going to be in a pilot for another show next season.

He said they wouldn't "write out" a cast member just because an actor was working on a pilot for another show. There's no way of knowing if a pilot would get picked up as a full series.

I guess it's conceivable that as a 13-week cable series, a Walking Dead cast member could work on a second cable show if they wanted to burn the candle at both ends. But probably not realistically if the other show was a network show with 22-26 annual episodes planned.

If any character could be jettisoned, it's probably...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Shane, because he's already lived so much longer than his comic book incarnation. But Kirkman loves still having the character this far in the show, and seems to have lots of plans for him.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Roman

View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 22, 2012, 08:47:37 PM »

I'd like to see him gone relatively soon. His story and reasons/actions behind it are already well know and played out. Yes I read the comic too.

Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 23, 2012, 05:25:38 AM »

Dixon is so popular, I've seen some places calling for him to get spun off into his own show. I don't exactly know what that would be about. He hunts for a half hour and whittles new arrowheads, in between providing gardening and flower-picking tips?  icon_razz
Maybe he could find his brother and we follow them as they roam the world getting into crazy capers that go completly wrong, but somehow allow them to come out histerically on top...
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 24, 2012, 09:15:59 PM »

GQ had a lengthy interview with Bernthal (Shane):
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/tv/blogs/the-stream/2012/02/the-walking-deads-jon-bernthal-on-the-rumors-that-hell-soon-be-the-walking-dead.html
*He gives no answer as to whether he'll be gone soon, only that he reiterates he thinks the character has to Go at some point.

He attributes his physique to practice-boxing with a former pro boxer regularly. And he says he's broken his nose 14 times.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 24, 2012, 09:20:43 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on February 23, 2012, 05:25:38 AM

Maybe he could find his brother and we follow them as they roam the world getting into crazy capers that go completly wrong, but somehow allow them to come out histerically on top...
It could be be like The Odd Couple.

"On xx date, Merle Dixon was chained on a roof. With help of a tossed hacksaw, he later freed himself. Deep down, he knew the rest of the Walking Dead gang was right, but he also knew that someday, he would return. With nowhere else to go, he appeared at the pickup truck of his brother, Daryl Dixon.

Sometime earlier, the Walking Dead gang had thrown Daryl out, requesting that he never return.

"Can two brothers, a screeching bigot and an archery-loving redneck who loves flowers, share a pickup truck without driving each other crazy?"

[cue the Odd Couple TV theme]
Hilarity ensues!  icon_lol I kind of see Merle as Oscar, and Daryl as Felix.

I can see Neil Simon rolling over and over and over in his grave now...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 09:23:40 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: