http://gamingtrend.com
November 29, 2014, 07:41:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 47055 times)
hepcat
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 24, 2011, 05:44:44 PM »

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really hope Michonne is changed up a bit from her comic book character.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 24, 2011, 06:11:49 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 05:28:32 PM

I disagree.  The show is quite well written and very well acted.  The only real problem the show seems to have after listening to your complaints is that it wasn't written by you.

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 05:04:15 PM

There's lots of fiction I like and I'm sure it's all full of plot holes.

Why do they get a pass then?

It has to do with suspension of disbelief and the perception of lazy writing. There are a thousand ways to open this story and many of them would not have involved such blatant plot holes. Or they could have altered just a couple of things but it feels like they just said "F it, who cares".
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 24, 2011, 06:16:48 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 06:11:49 PM

I disagree.  The show is quite well written and very well acted.  The only real problem the show seems to have after listening to your complaints is that it wasn't written by you.

It has to do with suspension of disbelief and the perception of lazy writing. There are a thousand ways to open this story and many of them would not have involved such blatant plot holes. Or they could have altered just a couple of things but it feels like they just said "F it, who cares".

But numerous plot holes outside the opening 20 minutes are perfectly acceptable in a piece of fiction?

p.s. and again, the only real plothole you pointed out (and which others have also noted in the past) was the coma scene.  the other stuff you mentioned was simply folks not reacting in a way you expected...which, quite like real life, happens every single day.  In last night's episode, Shane even mentions to Lori that he didn't sweep the area before Rick was shot and felt guilty.  He made a mistake.  This plays into the story because he's conflicted with guilt on multiple fronts:  the affair with Lori and Rick's shooting.  If everyone reacted perfectly the show would be 12 minutes long and end with a cure.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:25:13 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 24, 2011, 06:33:18 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 06:16:48 PM

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 06:11:49 PM

But numerous plot holes outside the opening 20 minutes are perfectly acceptable in a piece of fiction?

p.s. and again, the only real plothole you pointed out (and which others have also noted in the past) was the coma scene.  the other stuff you mentioned was simply folks not reacting in a way you expected...which, quite like real life, happens every single day.

Plot holes anytime are acceptable if it doesn't break the story. The first part of any work of fiction is critical. It took 5 or 6 tries before I could get past the idiocy that was him leaving the hospital because it felt painful to watch.

It's not just about plot holes. Yes, people are stupid and they do stupid things. If this were Homer, I'd be fine with that, expecting him to be a moron. But the perception that people gave me regarding the main character (I forgot his name) was that he wasn't stupid and could survive this ordeal. It's more like he's a bumbling buffoon just getting lucky. He was lucky to survive the coma without help for weeks on end. He was lucky not to walk into a zombie in the stairwell when he lit a match. He was lucky that he didn't walk outside into a horde. How was it that the horde wasn't feeding on all those bodies? He was lucky the guy and his kid didn't just whack him. He was lucky to find a horse that hadn't been eaten and lucky that horse had managed to find enough food on his own to survive for X amount of time. He was lucky the tanks trapdoor was open. He was lucky not to get caught by the ricochet.

You don't see how this is far more Homer Simpson than dramatic normal hero?
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2011, 06:41:39 PM »

At no point have I ever heard anyone say that Rick was a superhero.  He's ALWAYS been touted as a normal guy thrust into abnormal circumstances.  You want comic book levels of heroism when that's not what this show (or the actual comic book) has ever been about.  

It's not just about plot holes. Yes, people are stupid and they do stupid things. If this were Homer, I'd be fine with that, expecting him to be a moron. But the perception that people gave me regarding the main character (I forgot his name) was that he wasn't stupid and could survive this ordeal. It's more like he's a bumbling buffoon just getting lucky. He was lucky to survive the coma without help for weeks on end. He was lucky not to walk into a zombie in the stairwell when he lit a match. He was lucky that he didn't walk outside into a horde. How was it that the horde wasn't feeding on all those bodies? He was lucky the guy and his kid didn't just whack him. He was lucky to find a horse that hadn't been eaten and lucky that horse had managed to find enough food on his own to survive for X amount of time. He was lucky the tanks trapdoor was open. He was lucky not to get caught by the ricochet.

He's also lucky that aliens haven't abducted him, he's lucky his anus is intact because of that, he's lucky that midget sorcerers weren't waiting in that stairwell, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.  

Again, the only thing in that list that requires a bit of effort to get past is the coma.  The other stuff is just you wanting something to happen and then getting disappointed when it doesn't.  If you had written the show, it would be far less entertaining, to be honest.  Everyone would react like seasoned war veterans; every bad circumstance that could arise, would; and everyone they met would try to kill them.  

Name one show or book you like and I'm sure, given enough time to research it, we could rattle off a similar list of equal length showing how the main character got lucky.  Hell, Jesus is like Homer Simpson in the bible if you look at it the way you do this show.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 06:47:42 PM by hepcat » Logged

ibdoomed

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2011, 07:18:50 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 06:41:39 PM

At no point have I ever heard anyone say that Rick was a superhero.  He's ALWAYS been touted as a normal guy thrust into abnormal circumstances.  You want comic book levels of heroism when that's not what this show (or the actual comic book) has ever been about.  

He's also lucky that aliens haven't abducted him, he's lucky his anus is intact because of that, he's lucky that midget sorcerers weren't waiting in that stairwell, etc., etc., etc., ad nauseum.  

Again, the only thing in that list that requires a bit of effort to get past is the coma.  The other stuff is just you wanting something to happen and then getting disappointed when it doesn't.  If you had written the show, it would be far less entertaining, to be honest.  Everyone would react like seasoned war veterans; every bad circumstance that could arise, would; and everyone they met would try to kill them.  

Name one show or book you like and I'm sure, given enough time to research it, we could rattle off a similar list of equal length showing how the main character got lucky.  Hell, Jesus is like Homer Simpson in the bible if you look at it the way you do this show.

Now it feels like you're not even reading my side of the conversation. I'm pretty positive I never called him a superhero. I did think the whole point is that he's a normal hero. You're just being silly now with the aliens, that's not in the context of this story, my luck remarks are all logical in this context. I just realized who he reminds me of, Mr. Bean. I don't expect Chuck Norris either but a cop should have minimal training, that's a logical expectation.

I've never read the bible so I can't comment.

Let's talk Walter from Breaking Bad, he's been equally lucky except where the chemistry is concerned. He's a chemistry teacher, but he doesn't go all Mr. Bean when cooking meth. See the correlation? I expect a cop, even a small town cop, to be good at being a cop.
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2011, 07:33:09 PM »

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 06:33:18 PM

He was lucky not to walk into a zombie in the stairwell when he lit a match.

This I don't get. So, in your perfect zombie fiction there would be a zombie in every stairwell? Now that's what I would consider lazy writing.

He was lucky that he didn't walk outside into a horde. How was it that the horde wasn't feeding on all those bodies?

I could be wrong, but I believe the general term for this characteristic of story telling is called pacing. Good pacing has some areas of high intensity, some of low, and generally the highs and lows tend to ramp up as the story (or episode) progresses. Having the horde outside would not have been good pacing. Showing him on the horse running into the horde later? Good pacing (IMHO).

He was lucky the guy and his kid didn't just whack him.
As are we, since that would have ended the series right quick. So, in this case, are you saying that the father and his kid reacted unrealistically because they didn't kill him outright? I'm trying to keep track of which characters reactions you feel appropriate or inappropriate.

He was lucky to find a horse that hadn't been eaten and lucky that horse had managed to find enough food on his own to survive for X amount of time. He was lucky the tanks trapdoor was open. He was lucky not to get caught by the ricochet.
You don't see how this is far more Homer Simpson than dramatic normal hero?
In order:
1. Maybe horses weren't high on the zombie food chain? Or, the horse had enough sense to avoid areas of high population?
2. Tank's trapdoor was probably left open by the other crewmen who bailed. As I recall there was only 1 guy left in the tank
3. Guys get lucky with ricochets all the time in movies. Why not this guy?

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 24, 2011, 07:52:23 PM »

I'm reading your side of the discussion, I just find your points to be very flawed and I'm unable to understand why you keep going back to them. besides the superhero comment (which I extrapolated from what I felt was your unreasonable expectations of a small town cop thrown into the middle of a zombie apocalypse...a sentiment I still find in your musings on Rick's exploits, to be honest), everything else I've said has been simply refuting your issues with the show.

How exactly is Rick like Mr. Bean besides the fact that he's experienced luck that's perfectly within the realm of reason?  

the horse - why is it so hard to believe that a horse would be able evade zombies long enough to be found by a human?  are zombies such efficient killing machines that they wiped the earth of all animal life in three weeks (the time frame of the show at that poiint)?  also, horses eat grass.  is it really so hard to believe that a horse could find grass and live for three weeks on its own?  really?

rick's shooting - you apparently didn't read the bit I wrote about last night's episode in which Shane admits he made a mistake.  how is that even remotely a plot hole?  It's actually a plot device at this point, as I pointed out earlier.

rick and shane aren't marksman - people miss all the time on television and real life.  they were in a gun battle.  being small town cops, it's not hard to believe that they may not have been in a gun battle before.  is it it lazy writing to suppose that perhaps they were rattled by the whole thing and unable to act like a character from a James Bond film?

zombie in the stairwell - here's a really simple solution to that one:  zombies were there, then they left because there was no food or they heard something from another area of the hospital.  

rick doesn't run into a zombie horde outside the hospital - see zombie in the stairwell above.

morgan and his son would likely have killed Rick - why?  why is rick running into someone who's not a murderer such a huge leap of logic?

The tanks trapdoor was open - again, here's a simple solution:  someone panicked and left it open after escaping/hurriedly leaving the tank.  why did they leave the tank?  (I'm trying to anticipate your questions now  icon_wink)  Claustrophobia, despair leading to suicide, take your pick.  Niether of those are unthinkable circumstances in any way whatsoever.

The coma is the only leg you have to stand on, and it's been discussed to death before.  yes, it is a plot hole...and the only one you've brought up that can't be easily explained away.

edit: damn, raydude beat me to it.   Tongue
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 08:08:55 PM by hepcat » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 24, 2011, 08:09:22 PM »

Meanwhile, there's some scuttlebutt that Darabont apparently co-wrote some of the early Episode 2 scripts and chose to use a horror-related pseudonym:
http://weblogs.variety.com/bltv/2011/10/dead-man-writing-frank-darabont-ardeth-bey.html
Watching the first two episodes of "The Walking Dead's" new season, I got a quizzical look on my face when I saw a writing credit for "Ardeth Bey."

It took me awhile to remember that's the name of the Mummy, and a bit of web surfing (somehow this got past me) to learn it's actually a pseudonym for writer-producer Frank Darabont, who developed the series but subsequently left the show, abruptly, after reported differences with AMC over efforts to reduce the budget.

AMC did list Darabont as an exec producer in the glossy pamphlet that went out with the second-season premiere, but had no information regarding how he'd be credited on future scripts. The writer's agents at CAA, meanwhile, didn't respond to emails about what if any other Universal monsters might be popping up in the future.
I suppose he could just be ticked off and asked for an "Alan Smithee" type director pseudonym (used when directors "disown" a film), but since his name is still in the closing credits as creator and an executive producer, that doesn't much make sense imho.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 24, 2011, 08:10:35 PM »

I read an article a week or so ago in which the confirmed that Bey was his pseudonym.

PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 25, 2011, 12:19:36 AM »

It must be an exhausting burden to be able to find the inconsistencies in absolutely everything, selflessly sacrificing enjoyment for intellectual purity.  It's like yet another real-world example of a superhero in the same vein as the film Unbreakable.  White Castle must be the den of true villainy as every single burger is frighteningly rife with plot holes.   

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 25, 2011, 02:37:49 PM »

...aaaannnndddd pete shows up to the knife fight with a machine gun.   icon_lol

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 25, 2011, 07:39:45 PM »

Looks like we'll have to create a new thread in a few months.  Bring your own!

AMC renews 'The Walking Dead' for third season
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/25/walking-dead-third-season/
Zombies rule: AMC has just renewed The Walking Dead for a third season.

The decision comes after only two episodes have aired of season two, but it’s still no surprise — the show’s premiere had more adults 18-49 than any other drama in basic cable history. (And for once, AMC has managed to renew a show without a protracted hand-wringing negotiation!).

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 25, 2011, 07:53:10 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 25, 2011, 07:39:45 PM

Looks like we'll have to create a new thread in a few months.  Bring your own!

AMC renews 'The Walking Dead' for third season
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/25/walking-dead-third-season/
Zombies rule: AMC has just renewed The Walking Dead for a third season.

The decision comes after only two episodes have aired of season two, but it’s still no surprise — the show’s premiere had more adults 18-49 than any other drama in basic cable history. (And for once, AMC has managed to renew a show without a protracted hand-wringing negotiation!).

Dear Zombie Jesus why??? When the show is so incredibly lame and unbelievable!!!  And the main character is DUMB!!!

icon_wink
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 25, 2011, 08:26:24 PM »

"Dumb" is the new "Cool"!  smirk

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 25, 2011, 08:39:12 PM »

Finally got around to catching up on the first 2 episodes. I could have sworn last season Rick found out his wife was cheating on him with Shane, but apparently not. When you get old like me, waiting so long between seasons you tend to forget what happened last season!

Even so, still finding it enjoyable. It's no Battlestar Galactica, but it's still a good watch. If it was too good (as with BSG, Firefly, 24, Caprica, etc.) it'd probably be cancelled like the others, so we're good at it being decent.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 25, 2011, 10:41:51 PM »

Just for fun:

Quote from: ibdoomed on October 24, 2011, 03:55:23 PM

I'm talking about things like: IVs don't last more than a day and leaving a dry IV in, can kill you. Where did he get nourishment for however long he was out and it was obviously a while from the dried out flowers and wreck of civilization. Where was the catheter? They don't allow patients unconscious to wear clothes beyond the gown but he had shorts on. How did the zombies, whom were obviously inside since we're shown that mostly eaten fresh corpse, not find him?

What you didn't realize (because it hasn't been shown yet) is that a hot gay Asian male nurse was the lone survivor in the hospital.  He fell in love with comatose Rick (who wouldn't?) and took care of him daily.  He changed the IV regularly while fending off zombies using the sword his grandfather left him.  Thankfully all Asians know some sort of kung fu.  He routinely cleaned up the zombie bodies and cordoned most of them off.  Then he'd leave through the ventilation system back to his hidden cave where he would play Diablo 2 (not 3 because it requires an Internet connection).  On the day before Rick woke up, he removed the catheter to clean it, but was planning to come back and replace it later.  He decided to put some shorts on Rick so that he wouldn't be tempted to molest him.  He was very sad when he got back and Rick was gone, but he's still out there somewhere...

(guess who I have in mind to play this role in flashbacks?)

Ta daa!  It all makes sense, just relax and use your imagination smile
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 26, 2011, 12:44:37 AM »

I'm talking about things like: IVs don't last more than a day and leaving a dry IV in, can kill you.

I know this doesn't really have anything significant to do with the show, but I just have to jump in here and say that this comment is blatantly wrong.  An IV catheter can be left in place for extended periods of time and still function perfectly fine.  Most hospitals (including the one where I work) do impose a limit on how long a particular IV is left in place to minimize the risk of infection or phlebitis, switching to a new site every few days, but there's no extreme danger in leaving one for a longer period of time.  As far as leaving a "dry IV," this also doesn't pose any particular risk.  Leaving an IV catheter in place without any fluids running does dramatically increase the chances that blood near the tip may clot and occlude the line, but that's not a life threatening issue.  If you're referring to the chances of air entering the venous system through the IV and causing a dangerous venous air embolism, there are two problems with that idea.  It takes a sizable volume of intravenous air to cause a physiologically significant air embolism; somewhere in the 30mL (2 tablespoon) range introduced in a short period of time for an average person, and that has to all become trapped in the heart or a pulmonary artery to be immediately life threatening.  With that fact in mind, you then have to consider how that volume of air could enter the circulation through a peripheral IV.  Anyone who has ever managed an IV line can tell you that air stops moving through the IV tubing well before it reaches the patient when a fluid bag goes empty.  The pressure in the patient's venous system and resistance in the IV tubing are great enough to overcome atmospheric pressure driving air toward the patient and prevent it from flowing spontaneously into a peripheral vein.

You can still find a lot of holes in the show if you go searching, but this isn't one of them icon_wink

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
raydude

SPICE! Nomnomnomnom

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 26, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »

Quote from: disarm on October 26, 2011, 12:44:37 AM

You can still find a lot of holes in the show if you go searching, but this isn't one of them icon_wink

I feel like this needs a "The More You Know" logo. Its a great PSA smile

A Pew Research Center poll found nearly half of Americans hold the false belief that TARP was passed under President Obama, while only 34 percent know it originated under Bush.
"Oh yeah?" Bush replied. "50% of the people were wrong."
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 26, 2011, 01:44:28 PM »

I'm talking about things like: IVs don't last more than a day and leaving a dry IV in, can kill you.

I know this doesn't really have anything significant to do with the show, but I just have to jump in here and say that this comment is blatantly wrong.  An IV catheter can be left in place for extended periods of time and still function perfectly fine.  Most hospitals (including the one where I work) do impose a limit on how long a particular IV is left in place to minimize the risk of infection or phlebitis, switching to a new site every few days, but there's no extreme danger in leaving one for a longer period of time.  As far as leaving a "dry IV," this also doesn't pose any particular risk.  Leaving an IV catheter in place without any fluids running does dramatically increase the chances that blood near the tip may clot and occlude the line, but that's not a life threatening issue.  If you're referring to the chances of air entering the venous system through the IV and causing a dangerous venous air embolism, there are two problems with that idea.  It takes a sizable volume of intravenous air to cause a physiologically significant air embolism; somewhere in the 30mL (2 tablespoon) range introduced in a short period of time for an average person, and that has to all become trapped in the heart or a pulmonary artery to be immediately life threatening.  With that fact in mind, you then have to consider how that volume of air could enter the circulation through a peripheral IV.  Anyone who has ever managed an IV line can tell you that air stops moving through the IV tubing well before it reaches the patient when a fluid bag goes empty.  The pressure in the patient's venous system and resistance in the IV tubing are great enough to overcome atmospheric pressure driving air toward the patient and prevent it from flowing spontaneously into a peripheral vein.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 26, 2011, 03:43:20 PM »

Quote from: raydude on October 26, 2011, 12:58:54 PM

My only problem with ibdoomed's initial comments were that he thought the show was unwatchable due to what he considered incredibly bad plot holes that were laughable...then he listed only one real plot hole (Rick's extended hospital stay) and about a dozen, easily explained "problems" that were mostly just people not reacting the way he wanted them to in the context of a zombie apocalypse.  I readily admit the show's got plot holes, but none of them so far has been so bad as to cause me to start laughing and quit watching.  The plot holes we've seen have been the normal kind of inconsistencies seen in most television shows that are based on sci fi/horror/fantasy.  The show itself is still great fun and has some wonderful acting, dialogue and action.

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 26, 2011, 04:00:07 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 26, 2011, 03:43:20 PM

My only problem with ibdoomed's initial comments were that he thought the show was unwatchable due to what he considered incredibly bad plot holes that were laughable...then he listed only one real plot hole (Rick's extended hospital stay) and about a dozen, easily explained "problems" that were mostly just people not reacting the way he wanted them to in the context of a zombie apocalypse.  I readily admit the show's got plot holes, but none of them so far has been so bad as to cause me to start laughing and quit watching.  The plot holes we've seen have been the normal kind of inconsistencies seen in most television shows that are based on sci fi/horror/fantasy.  The show itself is still great fun and has some wonderful acting, dialogue and action.

You mean like the glaring plot hole of the dead coming back to life? I just couldn't get past that huge plot hole. No thank you.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 26, 2011, 04:20:35 PM »

While not a plot hole, I DO have to admit that I laughed at one scene in this week's episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
When Rick is running towards the farm clutching his son, the hot chick grabs a pair of binoculars and looks at him...even though he's obviously only about a hundred feet away.  I'm going to guess she's near sighted as an explanation.   icon_biggrin

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 26, 2011, 06:05:39 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 26, 2011, 04:20:35 PM

While not a plot hole, I DO have to admit that I laughed at one scene in this week's episode.

Spoiler for Hiden:
When Rick is running towards the farm clutching his son, the hot chick grabs a pair of binoculars and looks at him...even though he's obviously only about a hundred feet away.  I'm going to guess she's near sighted as an explanation.   icon_biggrin

Not sure you need a spoiler on that - and I thought it made perfect sense, he looked bloody and gross, she wanted to make sure it wasn't a zombie.
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 26, 2011, 06:26:21 PM »

What he's carrying in that scene was why I put it in spoilers.   Some folks get a might uppity if they sniff even a hint of spoilage around these here parts. 

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 26, 2011, 10:37:29 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 26, 2011, 06:26:21 PM

What he's carrying in that scene was why I put it in spoilers.   Some folks get a might uppity if they sniff even a hint of spoilage around these here parts. 

Oh yeahhhhhh!!!!

BTW in unrelated topics, who is Brian in your sig and what's up with his penis?
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2011, 12:29:19 AM »

Quote from: rittchard on October 26, 2011, 10:37:29 PM

BTW in unrelated topics, who is Brian in your sig and what's up with his penis?

Man, you are gay. 

icon_wink

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2011, 12:54:50 AM »

I can tell you one thing: One should not watch this show while eating a rare steak.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
Ragnarok

View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 27, 2011, 04:23:58 AM »

What I don't understand is why they are driving around in a shitty RV that is always breaking down?  There must be a RV dealer somewhere that has a shiney new RV with no mileage on it. They could have any vehicle they need, yet they drive around in mostly unreliable transportation.  What about armoured cars, military vehicles (with gun mounts like the Humvee outside the CDC) or anything with 4x4?  Or that truck full of water bottles that they desparatly need?

Whatever, I love they show but I would want more solid transportation. Tongue
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 27, 2011, 05:26:14 AM »

Quote from: Ragnarok on October 27, 2011, 04:23:58 AM

What I don't understand is why they are driving around in a shitty RV that is always breaking down?  There must be a RV dealer somewhere that has a shiney new RV with no mileage on it. They could have any vehicle they need, yet they drive around in mostly unreliable transportation.  What about armoured cars, military vehicles (with gun mounts like the Humvee outside the CDC) or anything with 4x4?  Or that truck full of water bottles that they desparatly need?

Are you using logic to critique this show? Haven't you been reading this thread?  icon_twisted 

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2011, 03:39:41 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on October 25, 2011, 07:39:45 PM

Looks like we'll have to create a new thread in a few months.  Bring your own!

I think for season 3 they'll moonwalk.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2011, 11:42:49 AM »

Quote from: Ragnarok on October 27, 2011, 04:23:58 AM

Whatever, I love they show but I would want more solid transportation. Tongue

As many vehicles that have been left on the side of the road you would think he would upgrade..  I mean WTF!!!

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2011, 11:44:27 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 24, 2011, 05:44:44 PM

I know I'm in the minority on this, but I really hope Michonne is changed up a bit from her comic book character.

Why?  Just curious

NiM$
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2011, 12:11:14 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 28, 2011, 11:44:27 AM

Why?  Just curious

She enters the story almost like a superhero, with the samurai sword and the uber kick-assing.  I always felt that Walking Dead was about real people in unreal circumstances and dropping a rambo into the midst of the group felt forced to me.  Later she becomes more human, but initially it was as if Batman suddenly showed up.

Soulchilde

View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2011, 12:21:33 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on October 28, 2011, 12:11:14 PM

Quote from: Soulchilde on October 28, 2011, 11:44:27 AM

Why?  Just curious

She enters the story almost like a superhero, with the samurai sword and the uber kick-assing.  I always felt that Walking Dead was about real people in unreal circumstances and dropping a rambo into the midst of the group felt forced to me.  Later she becomes more human, but initially it was as if Batman suddenly showed up.

Valid, but I hope they keep her the same.  They could actually use some bad assery, imo.

NiM$
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 28, 2011, 06:48:47 PM »

Here's some tidbits from EW's column. I don't consider these major spoilers (they're awfully vague), but I'll tuck them that way in case anyone prefers to remain totally in the dark about upcoming episodes:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2011/10/28/walking-dead-fringe-once-upon-a-time-spoiler-room/
Spoiler for Hiden:
‘THE WALKING DEAD’: YOUR BURNING QUESTIONS ANSWERED
Yes, I got a peak at the next two episodes of The Walking Dead, which is on an undeniable roll this season. So, ever the public servant, I asked for your burning questions. (If you missed the call for questions, you’re probably not following me on Twitter. Remedy that.) Here’s the result!

In the next two episodes, will we finally see Andrea transform from mourner to take-charge protector? They keep saying it will happen but they aren’t even letting her keep her own gun.

Valid point. I’ve been waiting, too. Nothing too major changes on this front in the next two, though, except Andrea will take a small step toward the badassdom you and I are waiting for. (Someone finally sits her down and gives her a short lesson!) Ultimately, I think Robert Kirkman was playing coy for a reason when EW’s resident zombie expert, Clark Collis, asked him a week ago if he planned to follow the comic book, which had Andrea eventually becoming a sharpshooter. They’re likely just taking it very slow.
----------------------
Will there be any significant movement on the Rick-Lori-Shane front in the next two episodes? — Dem

Your question made me smile, Dem, because I think episode 4 is going to blow your mind. I look forward to hearing your reaction to the game-changing development.
------------------
Last episode had a MAJOR lack of zombie. Just sayin’. I feel like we didn’t see one until three-fourths of the way through the episode. Please tell me there’s some action in this episode, or I’m going to start getting a little zombie violent over here.

Um, play nice, friend. But as you’ll recall, in the last scene you saw on Sunday, Shane and Otis (chubby guy/shot Carl) were surrounded by zombies in the high school. And their quest to escape is zombie-rific. I guarantee. But be warned: Their escape is definitely not as straightforward as I just made it sound. Dark twist ahead.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 28, 2011, 07:35:16 PM »

Season One is up on Netflix streaming.  I did a search, but didn't see any mention of it, so if it's been common knowledge, please forgive me.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 29, 2011, 05:25:25 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on October 26, 2011, 04:00:07 PM

You mean like the glaring plot hole of the dead coming back to life? I just couldn't get past that huge plot hole. No thank you.

That's not a plot hole.. It's just something that hasn't happened to us yet!... If you told someone 100 years ago that we'd be on the moon, they would think you were crazy.... 100 years from now, people will reflect on your naive comments while surrounded by the walking dead...
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2011, 08:53:52 PM »

Quote from: Punisher on October 29, 2011, 05:25:25 AM

Quote from: rickfc on October 26, 2011, 04:00:07 PM

That's not a plot hole.. It's just something that hasn't happened to us yet!... If you told someone 100 years ago that we'd be on the moon, they would think you were crazy.... 100 years from now, people will reflect on your naive comments while surrounded by the walking dead...

there won't be any way to read his comments, unless we can jury rig a power supply and a massive backup of the internet.

pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2011, 08:59:44 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 28, 2011, 07:35:16 PM

Season One is up on Netflix streaming.  I did a search, but didn't see any mention of it, so if it's been common knowledge, please forgive me.

It was mentioned earlier in this very thread.  Unless you have CeeKay on ignore.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: