http://gamingtrend.com
November 23, 2014, 04:05:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 46386 times)
kratz
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 09:25:14 PM »

bah, you know, i went to the website and clicked on 'How to watch', and it didn't mention hulu OR that it was on the very website I was viewing (even though I looked)... boo!
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 10:41:18 PM »

I was surprised at how well the acting was.  That and the writing/pacing just drew me right in.  Wife and I both loved it.  I dreamed of zombies after watching it so you know it's good!

morlac00 on PSN
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:37 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 05, 2010, 09:25:14 PM

bah, you know, i went to the website and clicked on 'How to watch', and it didn't mention hulu OR that it was on the very website I was viewing (even though I looked)... boo!

Here you go.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 10:58:56 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 05, 2010, 10:48:37 PM

Quote from: kratz on November 05, 2010, 09:25:14 PM

Here you go.

Thanks, I guess I wasn't specific enough... I meant earlier I had done that... but now I just watched it on Hulu.

And holy shit, that's a good show!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2010, 11:08:43 PM »

Quote from: kratz on November 05, 2010, 10:58:56 PM

Thanks, I guess I wasn't specific enough... I meant earlier I had done that... but now I just watched it on Hulu.

And holy shit, that's a good show!

Nice.  Got the impression you couldn't find it or just gave up.  Glad you finally found it as I think it is certainly worth watching.  I appreciate the presentation, the acting, the special effects/makeup, and find the production values to be top-notch, not just for a TV series, but in general.  While I'm not really into horror or cheap scares, I think this series transcends the basic horror genre and reaches for storylines similar to shows like The Colony by tapping into the emotional elements associated with fighting for survival following such a major disaster.  I am extremely excited to see how the series develops.  Hell, I'm even excited to see how the tank situation plays out.   drool   <-----    (that does not mean I am a zombie, drooling over a potential feast, just excited for the show   ninja)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:11:14 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 02:04:18 AM »

Hey guys, encore of the premiere is on AMC (TV, not just the web site) right now :-) If that's old news , sorry!
« Last Edit: November 06, 2010, 02:08:11 AM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 06, 2010, 10:12:47 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 05, 2010, 11:08:43 PM

drool   <-----    (that does not mean I am a zombie, drooling over a potential feast, just excited for the show   ninja)

Ah, I see.  You're just a ninja zombie.

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 06, 2010, 02:16:37 PM »

I actually enjoyed the pilot even more on the 2nd viewing during last night's re-airing. I paid a little more attention to the opening dialogue between the sheriff's deputy and his fellow officer friend. Actually, I just paid a lot more attention to the dialogue in general. I think on the first viewing I was focusing more on the visuals.  icon_smile

Addendum: I found it kinda neat they also showed "28 Days Later" right after The Walking Dead re-broadcast Friday.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 03:58:35 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 01:14:44 PM »

Rewatched the pilot last night with my wife.  I convinced her to watch it knowing she normally doesn't like scary stuff in general.  She was impressed, and is now eagerly awaiting episode 2.  Win.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 02:48:31 PM »

This does not appear to be the "scary" zombie type series.  More about survival, relationships, and how far one is willing to go to survive. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
The stuff that led to the tank scene was not even scary, because the radio calls had hinted about the city not being safe.

The dude trying to shoot his wife...
ouch!
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 03:50:17 PM »

Quote from: theohall on November 07, 2010, 02:48:31 PM

This does not appear to be the "scary" zombie type series.  More about survival, relationships, and how far one is willing to go to survive. 

Spoiler for Hiden:
The stuff that led to the tank scene was not even scary, because the radio calls had hinted about the city not being safe.

The dude trying to shoot his wife...
ouch!

Spoiler for Hiden:
I didn't consider the tank scene to be scary in a classic horror film sense, but in an "oh shit" sense when he rounded the corner and tried to flee only to get trapped beneath the tank by swarming numbers.  It wasn't "jump out scary" like Jason or Freddy popping out from behind a shower curtain, but instead in terms of a poor decision and unawareness leading to a truly dangerous and life-threatening situation.  I really appreciated that moment when he believed his life to be over and he apologized to his wife and child, raised the gun to his head, and luckily discovered the lower hatch to escape inside the tank.  Despite knowing that the show would be a series and the lead character could not die, I still feared for his life, not in a horror sense, but in the scariness of his situation.  We as viewers knew about the state of the city, but I don't believe Rick was receiving those radio calls or he simply didn't quite grasp the magnitude of the situation.  His only experience up to that point had been the limited numbers in the suburbs.

In terms of the wife part, I found it to be heart-wrenching and well-played by the actor.  I really felt for his situation and could feel that emotional struggle he had to face every night his wife revisited their home.  It is one thing to know the misery his wife cannot escape from, but another situation entirely to look into her eyes and think you see any semblance of the person that once was.  That was one of the most touching aspects of the first episode.  Along with that moment when Rick discovered his family was gone and he broke down in his living room.

I cannot wait for tonight.  I'm also hoping that friends who come by to watch football today will stick around to give it a shot.  I can replay the first episode On Demand and then we can watch the new episode at 8.  You certainly don't have to be a horror fan to appreciate this series.  It transcends the genre and redefines what a zombie story can be. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 04:04:23 PM »

So as a non-gun-user who's interested in guns technically, I assume the deputy's gun is a .44 Magnum or some sort of variant?
http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-photos/episode-1-rick-shane.php
I guess it could just be a "made up" gun for the show, but I'd be interested if some of the more knowledgeable types here knew what type it is. It's refreshing, almost quaint, to see a cop using a revolver in a show today.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 04:12:14 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 07, 2010, 04:04:23 PM

So as a non-gun-user who's interested in guns technically, I assume the deputy's gun is a .44 Magnum or some sort of variant?
http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-photos/episode-1-rick-shane.php
I guess it could just be a "made up" gun for the show, but I'd be interested if some of the more knowledgeable types here knew what type it is. It's refreshing, almost quaint, to see a cop using a revolver in a show today.  icon_smile

It also gives him that "classic" sheriff feel, especially in the scene with him riding a horse into town.  

Edit:  His gun is apparently a Colt Python .357 Magnum.  
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 04:14:35 PM by PeteRock » Logged

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 07, 2010, 04:34:45 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 07, 2010, 03:50:17 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I really felt for his situation and could feel that emotional struggle he had to face every night his wife revisited their home.

Spoiler for Hiden:
But it wasn't their home. It was a random house that the father and son escaped to after she "died". If she's a mindless zombie there is no reason that the mother would keep returning to that house and trying to open the door. Speaking of which, since when do zombies have enough rationality to use a door knob?

I don't understand how they could be so concerned about catching the fever from a bite, but not from blood splatter on all the up close and personal shots to the head or beating a zombie down with a bat. There should be a lot more backsplash of blood on the attacker.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 07, 2010, 04:39:15 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 07, 2010, 04:34:45 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I really felt for his situation and could feel that emotional struggle he had to face every night his wife revisited their home.

Spoiler for Hiden:
But it wasn't their home. It was a random house that the father and son escaped to after she "died". If she's a mindless zombie there is no reason that the mother would keep returning to that house and trying to open the door. Speaking of which, since when do zombies have enough rationality to use a door knob?

Spoiler for Hiden:
She died in the house they were staying in.  They were escaping together when she got bit.  The holed up in that house.  She woke up there, but was dead.  Dude cannot leave his wife which is why they are still there.

As to the doorknob thing - this is a comic book turned into a tv show.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 07, 2010, 05:15:55 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 07, 2010, 04:34:45 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
As theo has mentioned, they had been seeking refuge in that house prior to the man's wife dying.  She died in that house, not prior to the father's/son's arrival, which is obviously her last experience.  And as she died at that location, she continues to return there in her "new" state.  For all intents and purposes, at least for now that is their home.  Given the state of society, I do not believe mortgage documents or zoning laws apply to ownership rights.

The zombie rationality to use a door knob seems to be intended to show some remnants of the zombie's prior life, making their inhuman state a bit less inhuman and showing how difficult it might be to end a loved one's "misery" (in quotes as they may not be conscious of their current state).  Inherent memories or routines that do not completely deteriorate following infection and subsequent death.  The wife's use of the door knob is one example, zombies sitting on a broken-down bus is another.  Odds are the zombies on the bus had not died there, and as Rick rode through town they left the bus for a lunch break.  Another example would be the zombie child picking up a stuffed animal.  Another remnant of the child's life that has not completely deteriorated.  Call it a memory, routine developed through repetition during their past lives, or some level of instinct also born from repetitions or routines from their prior lives.

I don't understand how they could be so concerned about catching the fever from a bite, but not from blood splatter on all the up close and personal shots to the head or beating a zombie down with a bat. There should be a lot more backsplash of blood on the attacker.

I also have a slight issue with this.  I assume the disease can be transferred by any bodily fluid, not just through saliva, but then I think back to the book Patient Zero.  Zombies are developed by a terrorist group and designed to carry a transmittable disease which turns any bite victims into zombies and carriers as well.  But only an enzyme in the saliva transmits the disease, not blood or any other fluid.  So the lead characters can mow down the attacking dead without concern outside of bites.  

I guess my experience with this book makes it a little easier for me to suspend disbelief.

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 07, 2010, 06:06:35 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 07, 2010, 05:15:55 PM

I also have a slight issue with this.  I assume the disease can be transferred by any bodily fluid, not just through saliva, but then I think back to the book Patient Zero.  Zombies are developed by a terrorist group and designed to carry a transmittable disease which turns any bite victims into zombies and carriers as well.  But only an enzyme in the saliva transmits the disease, not blood or any other fluid.  So the lead characters can mow down the attacking dead without concern outside of bites.  

I'm guessing these people don't know what causes the fever (enzyme, bacteria, virus, etc). All they've been able to observe is that biting causes it, which implies bodily fluid. They just seem rather cavalier about potential blood splatter.

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 07, 2010, 06:29:32 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 07, 2010, 06:06:35 PM

I'm guessing these people don't know what causes the fever (enzyme, bacteria, virus, etc). All they've been able to observe is that biting causes it, which implies bodily fluid. They just seem rather cavalier about potential blood splatter.

I completely agree.  The splash guard Rick wears when he takes out his first zombie was borderline comical.  Not being familiar with the comic book storyline, I'd have to wager a guess as a prion causing the disease.  It was the viral form utilized in Patient Zero and makes sense in terms of zombie symptoms, transmission, inability to treat, and fatality.  Having also covered prions in microbiology they seem to be the most logical viral agent responsible.   SCIENCE!  

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #98 on: November 07, 2010, 06:32:40 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 07, 2010, 06:29:32 PM

Quote from: Moliere on November 07, 2010, 06:06:35 PM

I completely agree.  The splash guard Rick wears when he takes out his first zombie was borderline comical.  Not being familiar with the comic book storyline, I'd have to wager a guess as a prion causing the disease.  It was the viral form utilized in Patient Zero and makes sense in terms of zombie symptoms, transmission, inability to treat, and fatality.  Having also covered prions in microbiology they seem to be the most logical viral agent responsible.   SCIENCE!  

Ironrod

View Profile WWW
« Reply #99 on: November 07, 2010, 07:52:40 PM »

The wife finally decided that she really has no interest in this show, giving me clearance to go ahead and watch it without her. I'll probably do that the second half of this week, when she's out of town again. Looking forward to seeing what all the enthusiasm is about.

Curio City Online - Weird stuff you can buy
Curious Business - The Curio City Blog
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 08, 2010, 01:33:39 AM »

As it's 90 minutes before the new episode, I loaded up the premier On Demand so that I can watch the 90 minute premier followed by the new episode immediately after.  Fucking awesome.  Can't hurt that the Eagles beat the Colts today as well.   icon_cool  But damn this is a good series.  The last series I was this excited about was The Shield.  And it was worth it.   

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 08, 2010, 01:50:22 AM »

While watching the premier over again, I hadn't realized just how immersive the sound was.  With the bugs, birds, etc in the background, along with the creepy music, it really sucks you in, especially with the surround sound.  Even my dogs are creeped out.   icon_eek

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 08, 2010, 03:59:49 AM »

Holy fucking shit.  That was some of the most tense television I've ever seen.  I think I also threw up a little. 

icon_eek

puke

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 08, 2010, 04:14:00 AM »

That was some kind of fun. I don't recommend eating while watching Episode 2. I mean that in the best way.  puke icon_smile

Definitely some "OMG, they're not really gonna do that!" moments.  icon_lol

And alas, the regular episodes are only 1-hour long. I guess the 90-minute premiere was just for the series pilot.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: November 08, 2010, 07:44:15 AM »

a little bummed they didn't keep the longer format myself.  the haven't wrapped up the first book either.  so far, this is really looking like a good series so i hope it does well enough to get another season. 

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: November 08, 2010, 02:35:18 PM »

Second episode was not as immersive as the first, felt more like filler to me. Still, there were some parts that were totally awesome. I can't wait for episode three... I feel like shits about to blow up  icon_twisted

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 08, 2010, 03:46:13 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 08, 2010, 07:44:15 AM

a little bummed they didn't keep the longer format myself.  the haven't wrapped up the first book either.  so far, this is really looking like a good series so i hope it does well enough to get another season. 

With the shorter format I actually thought to myself, "That was it?"  That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the episode, but it kind of just ends abruptly. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 08, 2010, 05:46:42 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 08, 2010, 03:46:13 PM

Quote from: Caine on November 08, 2010, 07:44:15 AM

a little bummed they didn't keep the longer format myself.  the haven't wrapped up the first book either.  so far, this is really looking like a good series so i hope it does well enough to get another season.  

With the shorter format I actually thought to myself, "That was it?"  That isn't to say I didn't enjoy the episode, but it kind of just ends abruptly.  
Ditto here. I wish I already had a DVD set so I didn't have to wait a week.  icon_smile I don't think it's a bad sign that I get so wrapped up in the show, the 1-hour flies by as if it's a half hour show.

One amusing commercial observation from late in the episode...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Sure, Toyota has a fairly funny commercial with zombies in it, but the last part of episode 2 in this was like an awesome Dodge Challenger commercial. Dodge is missing out!  icon_razz

Slight disappointment I felt was...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought they really were going to escape via the sewers which would make for some good "boo yah!" moments. I was a hair disappointed that ended up a brief red herring. I just find "slow zombie" films have their tensest moments in claustrophobic situations when you have no room to maneuver.

And I thought that guy near the end would toss Michael Rooker's character a hacksaw and tell him to saw himself out (whether the handcuff, the thing he was cuffed to, or his arm icon_razz). I figured when the guy who had the key tripped over the toolbox with the hacksaw in it, that was a cue. But I misread it again.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 05:57:09 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 08, 2010, 05:50:03 PM »

Especially since that car was a Dodge Challenger.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 08, 2010, 05:56:34 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on November 08, 2010, 05:50:03 PM

Especially since that car was a Dodge Challenger.
Yeah but see average joes like me would think it was a Mustang so it would STILL be good publicity for Ford.  smirk I've revised it.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 08, 2010, 06:45:03 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 08, 2010, 05:46:42 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
And I thought that guy near the end would toss Michael Rooker's character a hacksaw and tell him to saw himself out (whether the handcuff, the thing he was cuffed to, or his arm icon_razz). I figured when the guy who had the key tripped over the toolbox with the hacksaw in it, that was a cue. But I misread it again.

Stay tuned...
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:27:50 PM by kratz » Logged
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 08, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »

Two words:

Spoiler for Hiden:
Chekhov's Grenade

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 08, 2010, 09:52:57 PM »

And, a very happy... BOOM!  icon_cool I think someone else here already posted about renewal, so consider this more of a confirmation?

AMC renews 'The Walking Dead'
AMC has renewed its zombie frightfest, The Walking Dead, for a 13-episode second season. Since premiering in Mad Men‘s Sunday night timeslot on Halloween, the Frank Darabont-produced series has reached more adults 18-49 than any cable show in history. The premiere drew a total of 5.3 million viewers.
Now of course all this total ratings stuff is relative. Total ratings like that on a network show would not raise an eyebrow, but strength in the 18-49 section is always good (and is probably why Chuck is surviving). On AMC and basic cable, it's record setting.  icon_smile

I do though almost find myself wishing they could do it as 6 90-minute episodes. More like a "mini-series."
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:56:36 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 09, 2010, 12:56:24 AM »

Didn't care so much for the second episode. I like that it veered from the comics but the episode wasn't compelling at all. Pretty much standard zombie stuff. It seemed like they were trying to shoot for some ethical dilemma with the van realization at the end "oh shit what did we do?" but the person central to that dilemma was so despicable who cares? The gore scene was over the top silliness and to me it came across as the television network trying to boast what they could get away with in showing gross out moments.

Damn reading all that back I sound jaded...but I guess I am as I've read/watched/played so many zombie things I'm just looking for something more clever and new. I'm sticking around for the show but I really hope they don't lose focus on what they set up and turn it in to another low budget zombie flick.

I do have to say I loved the final scene.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 09, 2010, 02:54:37 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on November 09, 2010, 12:56:24 AM

Didn't care so much for the second episode. I like that it veered from the comics but the episode wasn't compelling at all. Pretty much standard zombie stuff. It seemed like they were trying to shoot for some ethical dilemma with the van realization at the end "oh shit what did we do?" but the person central to that dilemma was so despicable who cares? The gore scene was over the top silliness and to me it came across as the television network trying to boast what they could get away with in showing gross out moments.

Damn reading all that back I sound jaded...but I guess I am as I've read/watched/played so many zombie things I'm just looking for something more clever and new. I'm sticking around for the show but I really hope they don't lose focus on what they set up and turn it in to another low budget zombie flick.

I actually thought they did do something new in terms of using the guts of the dead to camouflage their scents in order to move among the walkers.  But I do agree with the moral dilemma situation.  It just seemed too cookie cutter and one dimensional. 

When you say you loved the final scene, are you referring to the Dodge commercial?   icon_wink

Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #115 on: November 09, 2010, 05:18:52 AM »

I just saw the second episode and it was fantastic. It had just about every element that makes a good zombie tale.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 09, 2010, 02:48:51 PM »

On the ratings stuff, I'd be amiss not to mention some TV critics are carping that AMC is "spinning" the numbers drastically. That its supposed record 18-49 ratings are for "a premiere of a scripted cable TV show," and episode 2 was down about 11 percent. I think given that you can only take advantage of a perfect Halloween programming date once, the latter's understandable imho.  icon_smile

Though I don't honestly care -- I'm just glad the ratings are strong enough to get a 13-episode 2nd season pickup and interested to see what directions Darabont and co. go with it. I guess what's interesting is that they didn't do Season 1 with the idea it would get picked up, because they just didn't know. I assume Season 1 is open ended enough to continue though, and it doesn't end with an atomic apocalypse or something.  icon_razz
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 02:50:25 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 09, 2010, 02:59:47 PM »

Isn't it normal for TV shows ratings to drop after the first episode? 11 percent sounds fairly reasonable, but I don't really follow these numbers too much so I could be completely wrong.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 09, 2010, 04:30:07 PM »

Just watched the first two episodes. I assumed AMC was along the lines of TNT or similar channels so I was definitely surprised by the gore. Good stuff.

Unfortunately I have to watch it when my wife isn't around smile

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 09, 2010, 05:18:54 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 09, 2010, 02:54:37 AM

Quote from: Crawley on November 09, 2010, 12:56:24 AM

I actually thought they did do something new in terms of using the guts of the dead to camouflage their scents in order to move among the walkers.  But I do agree with the moral dilemma situation.  It just seemed too cookie cutter and one dimensional. 

When you say you loved the final scene, are you referring to the Dodge commercial?   icon_wink

I agree That the guts thing was new and created some of the most tense moments I have ever experienced in a television, once i stopped laughing at sausage links hanging around their necks smile

While the moral dilemma was nothing new I thought it was well done.  You saw the worst a human can be in these type of situations and then the slow decline of morals with the rest of them.  Was the 'zombiification' of the two characters merely a plot device or an ironic nod to the moral dilemma in this episode and the shooting of 'child' zombie in the opener.  IE in order to survive in this world against souless creatures stripped of their humanity do you have to give up said humanity in exchange?  The looks on the others faces in the back of the truck when he said he dropped the key was interesting.  You could almost see a "what have we become" look on some of their faces others seemed to have "he deserved it look".  Hell the guy even screams "that's un human" or something similar when the guy left him up there.  Lastly the main character even 're humanizes' the zombie they chopped up for camo by going through his wallet and giving a speech.  I found it all a bit deeper then it first appears, though I could be reading too much into it.

morlac00 on PSN
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: