http://gamingtrend.com
April 19, 2014, 09:33:05 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 37917 times)
Moliere
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2010, 06:04:10 AM »

This episode was all about taking way too long to say goodbye to the sister and Jim. The ending made me think of Fallout.

With Season 1 about to end isn't Spartacus Season 2 about to start?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2010, 12:57:49 PM »

The official site has a video of interviews with cast/crew after each episode. The one on this past Sunday's is over here:

Inside the Walking Dead (#5: Wildfire)
http://www.amctv.com/videos/?bcpid=596002833001&bclid=1768641490&bctid=686805069001
Some neat details (special contact lenses) on the look given Emma Bell for her zombie transformation.

It's amusingly jarring to hear Andrew Lincoln talking in his native British accent (around the 2:25 or so mark).  icon_smile The video list there also has a sequence from the season finale, but I'd prefer to remain in the dark about that for the most part.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 01:01:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Meltdown (Steam early access)
-Running With Soldiers (Steam early access)
-Breach & Clear
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: December 01, 2010, 10:01:37 AM »

Great show. just watched 104 and 105. Watched a few behind the scenes stuff. Great also.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: December 01, 2010, 10:02:02 AM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 30, 2010, 06:04:10 AM

I think that mini-series is about too.  not sure about season 2.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: December 01, 2010, 06:46:33 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2010, 10:02:02 AM

I thought I heard they were doing a prequel or something for Spartacus since the main actor is fighting cancer?
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: December 01, 2010, 06:51:16 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on December 01, 2010, 06:46:33 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2010, 10:02:02 AM

I thought I heard they were doing a prequel or something for Spartacus since the main actor is fighting cancer?

That's my understanding. They planned to do a prequel so that the show wouldn't completely disappear until they could film Season 2. But apparently the main actor got sick again right before filming for Season 2 began, and was forced to drop from the show entirely.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: December 01, 2010, 08:09:41 PM »

There's some fun behind-the-scenes interviews with Steven Yeun, including him comparing his face with the comic book original (some brief zombie shooting sequences may be NSFW):
http://www.amctv.com/originals/The-Walking-Dead/?bcpid=111717822001&bclid=625294007001&bctid=692090875001

Although Kirkman has done some fun one-on-one Q&As with EW, he's doing an exclusive one answering fan questions after the season finale Sunday. You can post questions for consideration at:
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/12/ask-robert-kirkman-questions.php

Some of the questions so far are squirm-inducing, like one asking why there aren't more child zombies getting killed  paranoid, and another that seems to want the show to be a wall-to-wall zombie massacre show. I'd tell him, trust me, I've seen some terrible Italian zombie movies that are paced like that. It may seem like a lot of soap opera but if you don't care about the living at least a bit, the visage of them getting munched on doesn't have much point.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 08:15:05 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: December 01, 2010, 08:45:01 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 29, 2010, 09:31:28 PM

They're now pretty way off from the comics, but that's a good thing since it's a different medium.

the only thing I'm worried about is that they're going to skip a major event that should be coming up and would be a great cap for the season.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: December 01, 2010, 09:48:53 PM »

Some odd news for show planning 13 episodes (AMC apparently confirmed there will be "writing staff changes" for Season 2) that maybe sounds scarier at first glance than in reality (staff writers didn't do that much of the scripts for Season 1). It may be Darabont's looking to save on production costs for a longer season 2, or maybe freelancers can work on scripts sooner, something like that.

'The Walking Dead' Lets Go Of Writers; Considers No Writing Staff For Season 2
http://www.deadline.com/2010/12/the-walking-dead-lets-go-of-writers-considers-no-writing-staff-for-season-2/
I hear The Walking Dead writer/ executive producer/ director Frank Darabont has let go of the writers on the hot freshman AMC series, which has already renewed for a second season. That includes Darabont's No. 2, writing executive producer Charles “Chic” Eglee. Writer turnover on series between seasons is commonplace but wholesale overhauls are unusual. What's more, I hear Darabont is looking to forgo having a writing staff for the second season of Walking Dead altogether and assign scripts to freelancers.

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: December 02, 2010, 03:15:09 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 01, 2010, 08:45:01 PM

They're now pretty way off from the comics, but that's a good thing since it's a different medium.

the only thing I'm worried about is that they're going to skip a major event that should be coming up and would be a great cap for the season.

It's been a while since i read the first set of issues, but isn't:
Spoiler for Hiden:
the CDC issue new?
Also, I think they already missed a major plot point, but I may be remembering it wrong...
Possible MAJOR spoiler if they follow the comic....
Spoiler for Hiden:
Didn't the Carl/Shane scene already happen in the timeline of the comic? I thought it was before they moved?
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: December 02, 2010, 03:51:32 AM »

Quote from: Punisher on December 02, 2010, 03:15:09 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
the CDC issue new?
Also, I think they already missed a major plot point, but I may be remembering it wrong...
Spoiler for Hiden:
Didn't the Carl/Shane scene already happen in the timeline of the comic? I thought it was before they moved?

Spoiler for Hiden:
it was. I haven't seen this weeks episode yet but I'm guessing they already left the camp from commercials for the season finale, so they may be skipping the whole carl/shane scene.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 02, 2010, 10:15:01 PM »

I was doing some x-mas browsing at Taverncraft (must have those Prancin Pony steins!) and saw these.  Interesting choice for them to do.

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 04, 2010, 02:42:20 AM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 02, 2010, 03:51:32 AM

Quote from: Punisher on December 02, 2010, 03:15:09 AM

Spoiler for Hiden:
the CDC issue new?
Spoiler for Hiden:

Spoiler for Hiden:
it was. I haven't seen this weeks episode yet but I'm guessing they already left the camp from commercials for the season finale, so they may be skipping the whole carl/shane scene.

after watching the episode, and comparing it to a major moment in the comics:

Spoiler for Hiden:
when Shane and Rick were in the woods was when Shane would have 'checked out'.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 06, 2010, 04:38:10 AM »

Re the Season Finale. Talk about...
Spoiler for Hiden:
...ending with a BANG!!!!!!!!!  icon_eek icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 06, 2010, 05:31:47 AM »

FUCK Dish network

I had AMC for who knows how long.  Watched all 5 episodes, and went to go watch tonights, and now it looks like they bumped the channel to a higher tier, on the week of the season finale.  SO FUCKING SHADY
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 06, 2010, 07:08:10 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 06, 2010, 04:38:10 AM

Re the Season Finale. Talk about...
Spoiler for Hiden:
...ending with a BANG!!!!!!!!!  icon_eek icon_smile

yeah, while it is no way near what the books ended the first volume with, i have to hand it to them for writing it in such a way that it could have been a series finale.  it reminds me of the last scene in 28 weeks later; haunting, sobering and lasting.

the final act is definitely plausible considering the agency involved.  in fact, i would be surprised if something like that wasn't already in place. 

now, the little quirks weren't too bad, even though the test subject reveal was easily guessed at early on, it only underlined how little hope he had left. 

damn it's going to be hard to wait for the next season. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 06, 2010, 03:27:39 PM »

Show needs more than 6 episodes

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 06, 2010, 03:32:09 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 06, 2010, 03:27:39 PM

it'll get 13 more in late 2011.

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 06, 2010, 03:46:01 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 06, 2010, 03:27:39 PM

Blame NBC and the other networks that rejected it. My understanding is that by the time they found a home at AMC they just barely had enough time to pull it together for 6 episodes and have a first season at all. What is it they say, though? Leave them wanting more?  icon_smile

I'm sticking with some spoilers until naednek watches the finale at the AMC web site.  icon_smile

I hand it to them that...
Spoiler for Hiden:
I did think "how the bleep do they get out of this?" And I know full well that the main cast characters probably have long-term deals, but I still thought "OMG they're all gonna die!"  icon_razz And I'd read the character whose sister died was returning, but while watching, I thought, "Well, maybe I read that wrong."  icon_confused
Shane (Jon Bernthal) is turning out to be such an alternately heroic and utterly repellent character, and maybe in the end just extremely sad. I liked the intro in terms of better understanding him and Episode 1. Seems in keeping with the "people aren't quite what they seem at first glance" motif.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 03:48:20 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 06, 2010, 04:00:37 PM »

Spoiler for Hiden:
Chekhov's hand grenade.  I had that thought at the end of the opening when he pulled it off the soldier, but I'm glad they came back to it.

As for the CDC, an insight might be to look at the Biosafety Level 4 protocols.

When dealing with biological hazards at this level the use of a Hazmat suit and a self-contained oxygen supply is mandatory. The entrance and exit of a Level Four biolab will contain multiple showers, a vacuum room, an ultraviolet light room, and other safety precautions designed to destroy all traces of the biohazard. Multiple airlocks are employed and are electronically secured to prevent both doors opening at the same time. All air and water service going to and coming from a biosafety level 4 (or P4) lab will undergo similar decontamination procedures to eliminate the possibility of an accidental release.

I'm sure some of the specifics are classified.  In a real-world example, I'm hard-pressed to believe that the entire place is loaded with scuttling charges, but I imagine that everything tied to the labs and storage very well might be.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: December 06, 2010, 05:14:46 PM »

Quote from: Caine on December 06, 2010, 07:08:10 AM

Especially with my need to know...

Spoiler for Hiden:
...what the doctor said to Rick before he fled.  Whatever it was, it looked like it absolutely crushed Rick and could prove to be a major emotional burden.

The scenes with Shane and Rick's wife have been making me extremely uncomfortable.  While I understand the dramatic aspects of the situation and their importance to the story, plus realizing the extreme emotional strain the characters are under given the state of the world, it's just hard for me to watch, especially given my like of Rick Grimes' character and appreciation for what he brings to the group.  Being married and having very close friends who are close friends with my wife as well, to be in a similar situation as Rick and Shane with my wife, while I'd be grateful for all Shane did to protect my family and overwhelmed with joy after finally finding them alive, Shane has crossed a line with his treatment of Rick's wife in the library, and knowing how I'd handle the situation should I find out, I'm even more concerned about Shane, Rick, and Rick's wife, mainly because they have guns. 

It is going to be a long wait for Season 2.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my wife interested in the series.  She makes fun of zombies and trivializes my appreciation as if it's a silly show, despite her love of True Blood, Glee, etc.   icon_confused  I had hoped to get her interested as well so that we could watch through Season 1 together and then anticipate Season 2.  I don't think she realizes what the show really is, but perhaps she'll eventually give it a try.  I just think it would be way more fun for us to watch together rather than just by myself.

Kudos to the writers for continuing to maintain a level of tension in almost every scene, keeping you on edge no matter what the situation. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: December 06, 2010, 05:25:02 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2010, 05:14:46 PM

Quote from: Caine on December 06, 2010, 07:08:10 AM

Especially with my need to know...

Spoiler for Hiden:
...what the doctor said to Rick before he fled.  Whatever it was, it looked like it absolutely crushed Rick and could prove to be a major emotional burden.

The scenes with Shane and Rick's wife have been making me extremely uncomfortable.  While I understand the dramatic aspects of the situation and their importance to the story, plus realizing the extreme emotional strain the characters are under given the state of the world, it's just hard for me to watch, especially given my like of Rick Grimes' character and appreciation for what he brings to the group.  Being married and having very close friends who are close friends with my wife as well, to be in a similar situation as Rick and Shane with my wife, while I'd be grateful for all Shane did to protect my family and overwhelmed with joy after finally finding them alive, Shane has crossed a line with his treatment of Rick's wife in the library, and knowing how I'd handle the situation should I find out, I'm even more concerned about Shane, Rick, and Rick's wife, mainly because they have guns. 

It is going to be a long wait for Season 2.  Unfortunately I haven't been able to get my wife interested in the series.  She makes fun of zombies and trivializes my appreciation as if it's a silly show, despite her love of True Blood, Glee, etc.   icon_confused  I had hoped to get her interested as well so that we could watch through Season 1 together and then anticipate Season 2.  I don't think she realizes what the show really is, but perhaps she'll eventually give it a try.  I just think it would be way more fun for us to watch together rather than just by myself.

Kudos to the writers for continuing to maintain a level of tension in almost every scene, keeping you on edge no matter what the situation. 

My wife was exactly the same way.  That, and she gets easily grossed out.  I convinced her to watch the season premiere with me the day after I had watched it, and she's been hooked ever since.

If you've ever endured something for your wife (cheesy movie, restaurant or whatever), you could pull that card. 
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: December 06, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »

now that I was able to watch it via amazon, I liked the episode, and can't wait for next season.

I think the only thing that turns me off a little, is the B movie feel to it. Production values seemed like they were in a tight budget, it's got a 80's V feel to it. Just enough to get the story across, but actors are a little campy and production is a little weak and economical... if that makes any sense.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: December 06, 2010, 05:39:54 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on December 06, 2010, 05:25:02 PM

If you've ever endured something for your wife (cheesy movie, restaurant or whatever), you could pull that card. 

I tried it with the "I watched a whole season of True Blood with you, creepy vampire sex and all," but she said she didn't ask me to.   retard  I hate semantics.  Still, she almost gave in the other night just to shut me up, so perhaps I'll get another chance to coax her into watching.  I am fairly certain that the first episode will be more than enough to get her hooked.  I'm not even into zombies, and I love this series.  It has such deep character development, suspense, and tension, that given her television interests (she and I have ranked The Shield at the top of our all-time TV series list) I would be shocked if she actually disliked The Walking Dead.

Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: December 06, 2010, 05:42:58 PM »

It's not about the zombies.  It's never about the zombies.  It's about the people.  That's the selling point.  There were, what, twenty zombies on screen for less than two minutes last night?

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: December 06, 2010, 05:46:25 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2010, 05:39:54 PM

Quote from: rickfc on December 06, 2010, 05:25:02 PM

I tried it with the "I watched a whole season of True Blood with you, creepy vampire sex and all," but she said she didn't ask me to.   retard  I hate semantics.  Still, she almost gave in the other night just to shut me up, so perhaps I'll get another chance to coax her into watching.  I am fairly certain that the first episode will be more than enough to get her hooked.  I'm not even into zombies, and I love this series.  It has such deep character development, suspense, and tension, that given her television interests (she and I have ranked The Shield at the top of our all-time TV series list) I would be shocked if she actually disliked The Walking Dead.

And have you tried that argument with her?  That's a pretty sound argument.
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: December 06, 2010, 05:48:32 PM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 06, 2010, 05:42:58 PM

It's not about the zombies.  It's never about the zombies.  It's about the people.  That's the selling point.  There were, what, twenty zombies on screen for less than two minutes last night?

I know this.  I've known it from the start.  The challenge is convincing her that despite the series being called "The Walking Dead", it's not really about the walking dead.  I'm pretty sure she'll come around.  Mainly because she'll eventually just want me to shut up, and she'll watch the first episode so I'll drop it, but then she'll be sucked in and will want to watch the rest.   icon_twisted

rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: December 06, 2010, 05:50:57 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2010, 05:48:32 PM

Quote from: Isgrimnur on December 06, 2010, 05:42:58 PM

I know this.  I've known it from the start.  The challenge is convincing her that despite the series being called "The Walking Dead", it's not really about the walking dead.  I'm pretty sure she'll come around.  Mainly because she'll eventually just want me to shut up, and she'll watch the first episode so I'll drop it, but then she'll be sucked in and will want to watch the rest.   icon_twisted

The good thing is that you have a solid 10 months to get her to watch it before the new season starts.  icon_frown
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: December 06, 2010, 05:51:44 PM »

Maybe you can convince her that the title refers more to the main characters and how they are doomed to die unless they can keep it together.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: December 06, 2010, 05:55:02 PM »

Have you tried reverse psychology?  'that's ok honey, you probably couldn't handle it with your womanly nature'.

Because I can,
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: December 06, 2010, 05:57:38 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 06, 2010, 05:55:02 PM

Have you tried reverse psychology?  'that's ok honey, you probably couldn't handle it with your womanly nature'.

You could just tie her to the couch and force her to watch it.  Tell her that's how a caveman would do it.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 06, 2010, 06:04:04 PM »

Yeah, but with Pete, it would be with silk scarves.

Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 06, 2010, 06:04:36 PM »

Bobehm and I were discussing this morning... from what we can gather he probably whispered in Rick's ear that...

Spoiler for Hiden:
his wife is pregnant. It'd fit with them all taking blood tests, right? By the way, I checked your blood test and your wife came back pregnant. It also fits with his whole line of "This is the humane thing to do".

I really can't believe I have 11 more months to wait for the next season.

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 06, 2010, 06:05:28 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on December 06, 2010, 05:57:38 PM

Quote from: CeeKay on December 06, 2010, 05:55:02 PM

You could just tie her to the couch and force her to watch it.  Tell her that's how a caveman would do it.

Actually, the card I've been saving was going grocery shopping with her on Saturday for like four hours.  She usually does it solo as she hits four or five grocery stores for their specific sales and I typically run out of patience after the first, but I went along for the entire trip.  If that doesn't earn me a program viewing then I don't know what will.  

PeteRock

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 06, 2010, 06:06:44 PM »

Quote from: Nonnahob on December 06, 2010, 06:04:36 PM

Bobehm and I were discussing this morning... from what we can gather he probably whispered in Rick's ear that...

Spoiler for Hiden:
his wife is pregnant. It'd fit with them all taking blood tests, right? By the way, I checked your blood test and your wife came back pregnant. It also fits with his whole line of "This is the humane thing to do".

That actually crossed my mind this morning.  And to make matters worse...

Spoiler for Hiden:
...what if the baby is Shane's?

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 06, 2010, 06:06:58 PM »

Do you guys love the show enough to spend $499.99 on a poster?  icon_smile I'd be more interested if it were signed by Frank Darabont or the cast -- it's signed by the artist instead.

http://shop.amctv.com/products/87152-the-walking-dead-limited-edition-autographed-poster
To mark AMC's new original series, The Walking Dead, premiering this fall, Drew Struzan has created an exceptional poster. Drew will sign and number 100 of these in a special limited edition series.
The DVD and Blu-Ray release is March 8, 2011, news items say, with $49.99 MSRP Blu-Ray, $39.98 DVD. Saw a brief splash screen during the season finale about it but no real details.

As for the whispering scene, I thought he was whispering, "Why didn't I get better roles like this offered to me after The Truman Show"!  icon_razz
-0-------------------
LA Times had a nice interview with Andrew Lincoln (Rick Grimes) the other day:
http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/12/andrew-lincoln-finds-joy-fighting-zombies-in-amcs-the-walking-dead.html
That all that gore made the final cuts is astonishing, really. I think in one sense I admire AMC for the courage of their convictions and the fact that they’re not pulling any punches in regards to the brutality of it. If we didn’t have that we wouldn’t have the extremes of the emotional content that the characters go through.

Once you establish the rule of the world and the place they inhabit -- and they are so brutal and so extreme -- then you can afford to push the ante a little bit with the acting as well. They go hand in hand."
"People's reactions have been extraordinary. It feels like a big old Trojan horse. You go in under the guise of a big old zombie and then we get into people’s front rooms and we start making people feel things for these characters.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:04:01 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 06, 2010, 07:57:27 PM »

Hmmm, maybe we should have a Caption Contest?  icon_smile
http://blogs.amctv.com/photo-galleries/the-walking-dead-season-1-episode-photos/episode-6-jenner-rick.php

I missed a fun Q&A with Jon Bernthal (Shane) a while back:
http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/2010/12/jon-bernthal-interview.php
Q: Who do you think in the cast would have the best chance of surviving a real zombie apocalypse?

A: Actor wise? I think I would. I really do. I'm trying to come up with someone else but I think I would totally do it the best. [Laughs] I mean look, I think I could bash a zombie's head in better than anyone else [former pro baseball player]. I could live in the woods pretty well. I've done that before. We're actors -- we'd all pretty much suck, but I think I would suck the least.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 08:01:58 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 07, 2010, 12:29:59 AM »

Spoiler for Hiden:

Oh man that never occurred to me but it sounds right.  And of course would create a ton more drama between the leads.

The finale was awesome, what a great show.  Can't wait to watch the whole thing again in HD/Blu-Ray.
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2010, 01:48:00 AM »

Quote from: PeteRock on December 06, 2010, 06:06:44 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:

That actually crossed my mind this morning.  And to make matters worse...

Spoiler for Hiden:
...what if the baby is Shane's?

best not to read the books then. 

in fact, i would avoid them for now as while they are good, they also veered off quite a bit at the end of season 1 and if they go back to the script as it were, it will be much better tv for those of you who haven't read it.  wait until the show is done and then go back to see what you missed/what was changed. 

"It's like chess with big guns against aliens. Which isn't like chess at all when I think about it." - Jake Solomon
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 07, 2010, 05:05:36 PM »

The finale set some records:
http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/07/the-walking-dead-finale-breaks-ratings-records/?hpt=T2
The anticipation for the season finale garnered six million viewers, according to the network, and it received the highest ratings of any basic cable show, ever, in the all-important 18-49 demographic.

To put those numbers into perspective, October's season finale of "Mad Men" had an audience of 2.44 million, according to TVbytheNumbers.com.
Mind you, saying "basic cable" always puts ratings fuss into perspective. But you do have to bring some sort of viewership, or else like AMC's own Rubicon or FX's Terriers, the bean counters still get involved and don't give you a second go around.

I'm still interested in that 1-48 Walking Dead compendium. I'm not real clear on if season 1 encompasses that whole run or not. I guess if does, I might be inclined to just pick up one of the earlier single season comic compilations.
===============
Since it's so long until next season, I wonder if they'd consider doing some short "webisodes" (as The Office, and some other shows do) to keep the buzz going, say, next Spring or Summer.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 05:08:11 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Breach & Clear
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: