http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 01:01:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Walking Dead tap dances onto AMC for Season 4  (Read 44409 times)
Xmann
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2010, 02:59:00 AM »

Here's a nice video to get everyone excited about tonights episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Uid93jUrf0

Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2010, 07:03:37 AM »

That was pretty intense. I was all ready for them to go blasting in to get their man. I really hated the vatos and had them totally pegged.  When it was revealed what they were doing, I was shocked. I was so ready to see them die it sickened me.

Nevermind the ending. Even though I knew it was coming, it was still shocking. They are not pulling any punches.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2010, 04:03:22 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 22, 2010, 07:03:37 AM

That was pretty intense. I was all ready for them to go blasting in to get their man. I really hated the vatos and had them totally pegged.  When it was revealed what they were doing, I was shocked. I was so ready to see them die it sickened me.

Nevermind the ending. Even though I knew it was coming, it was still shocking. They are not pulling any punches.
My only issue with the climax might be...
Spoiler for Hiden:
...even with the guy building up rocks around the fire, they've been so understandably paranoid about always having someone "stand guard" over the camp at all times. I found the ending wildly entertaining, I just found it odd the entire camp would all let their guard down like that -- albeit they don't have night vision.

I thought for sure they'd at least string up some crude twine-n-cans alarm system around the perimeter.  icon_razz

I was also waiting for that poor woman's sister to "wake up" and attack her. I dunno -- does it take a while for zombie-dom to take root? Or maybe that'll be "resolved" in Episode 5's season opener. paranoid

When the camera view shifted behind the deputy's friend and his shotgun, it almost seemed like an FPS.

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 22, 2010, 04:05:57 PM »

finally got around to watching episode 2, figure I'll be all caught up since half the shows I watch are in repeats this week.  Glad I didn't watch that one while eating dinner like I usually do with recorded shows.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Shinjin
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 22, 2010, 04:21:28 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 22, 2010, 04:03:22 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought for sure they'd at least string up some crude twine-n-cans alarm system around the perimeter.

I remember seeing some in the last episode, or maybe that was the episode before?  In any case, they don't seem to have anything

Spoiler for Hiden:
along the road, where Merle could have led them via truck.
Nonnahob

View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 22, 2010, 05:52:04 PM »

Quote from: Shinjin on November 22, 2010, 04:21:28 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 22, 2010, 04:03:22 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
I thought for sure they'd at least string up some crude twine-n-cans alarm system around the perimeter.

I remember seeing some in the last episode, or maybe that was the episode before?  In any case, they don't seem to have anything

Spoiler for Hiden:
along the road, where Merle could have led them via truck.

That's definitely true. I remember seeing them too.

Spoiler for Hiden:
I kept yelling at the TV - "SHOOT HER IN THE HEAD!!!!!!!!!" when the little sister died. I was totally expecting her to wake up and start chomping.

I also loved the bit with the vatos. They threw us for a big loop there. It was really cool how that all worked out. At the start of the show it said "guest starring norman reedus". I like his character, I hope the "guest appearance" turns into something longer.

And I'm definitely with you on the whole

X360 - Nonnahob

A few nights ago I played a while with Hardon and we had a good time. - PhillyPeteRock
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 22, 2010, 06:27:45 PM »

Here's EW's recap and chat with Kirkman about episode 4 (obviously, spoiler-y if you're waiting to watch it on your DVR etc.; even the headline is spoiler-ific so I had to trim it  icon_razz)

'Walking Dead' writer Robert Kirkman talks about last night's episode...
Spoiler for Hiden:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/11/22/walking-dead-recap-kirkman/
What exactly does it mean that you “wrote” last night’s show? Because there is a writers’ room on The Walking Dead, right?

Yeah, it’s not like comic books. When you read comic books and it’s like, “Written by Robert Kirkman,” I totally wrote that comic. But most of the people that are listed as executive producers — guys like Jack LoGiudice and Chick Eglee — those are the guys in our writers’ room. Then [Shawshank Redemption director] Frank Darabont did a lot of polish on all of the scripts for this season, as the main executive producer-creative director.

There’s a lot of things that I did in the script while I was typing it and stuff. But for the most part, everything is a team effort and I think that’s a really cool thing. That was the strangest part of writing a television show. It was like writing with a safety net. I think it makes the writing that much stronger and it’s a really fun process.

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 23, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 15, 2010, 09:01:06 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 11, 2010, 10:58:32 PM

Spoiler for Hiden:
How exactly do you "cheat" on someone you assume is already dead? I'll grant that it's tasteless to be doing that so presumably soon, but I don't venture to guess how anyone would react under "zombies take over the world and I left my husband in a coma in a zombie-overrun hospital" circumstances. Chances are, one's value system would get pretty screwed up imho. And the screenwriters want to build conflict, etc., so now we get to see how the deputy takes all this.

Ironically, Stephen King's "The Mist" has a sex tryst scene in the grocery store that reminded me of episode 2's opening sex scene, and I remember reading it in The Mist and thinking "WTF are these people doing screwing like jack rabbits in a grocery store surrounded by monsters?" Screenwriters seem to like to assume people will do that to work off stress, find some physical comfort, etc. under duress.
Me, I just play videogames for comfort when I'm surrounded by monsters or zombies.  icon_razz

It's a shame we don't seem to have a single female GT member who can ever give a different viewpoint on these kinds of things.

Since I'm the closest thing to a female GT member (other than CK), I'll just say this should have been handled with.... a 3-way!  Yeeeehaaaawwww!!!  You go girl!!!!

OK, but seriously....

Spoiler for Hiden:
I did the math too and no matter how you slice it it doesn't come up good for our hero.  Either the affair began before the shooting, or after she found out he was dead, she got over her grief in the matter of days/weeks - not to mention with their son, a constant reminder of her "dead" husband sleeping in the tent next to her.

That said, I kind of have to agree with BJ's analysis.  The fact is no one knows how people would react in a zombie apocalypse scenario.  If you're on the run, terrified, knowing every minute you may have your brains eaten by a zombie, maybe the hyper stress and adrenaline would make you insanely horny too.  So if some piece of hunky beef throws himself at you, why not?  I think part of the fun/interest/difficulty in these types of doomsday scenarios is portraying how different people will act/react, whether it's with anger, fear, depression, or horniness.

Or maybe it was just that Sarah Wayne Callies had it in her contract that she was not gonna wait 3 years to get laid (see Prison Break  icon_wink ).

slow repley but....

Spoiler for Hiden:
Well if you think about it everyone seems to bring something to the group.  The old guy has the RV full of 'stuff' and a rifle.  The two sisters proved to be good fisherman.  The guys bring muscle.  Etc.  However, most of the other woemen just clean cloths and cook.  So here's the sheriff's wife, she's go t a kid and no usuable skills except that she's a good lay.  what's a girl to do?  Find the biggest badass in the group and throw yourself at him.  She's in survival mode and not only is the guy a badass but he was your husband's best buddy so you have some familiarity with him.  Now of course he ended up lying to her to abandon her husband but I do not think they have had a longtime affair.  however, The deputy appears to have had a crush on her for some time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 04:58:14 PM by morlac » Logged

morlac00 on PSN
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #168 on: November 23, 2010, 04:03:31 PM »

Morlac, you're missing an / in your spoiler tag. 

morlac

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 23, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »

Quote from: Caine on November 23, 2010, 04:03:31 PM

Opps...fixed.  Though can we not just spoiler the whole thread and be done with the excessive clicking?  smile

morlac00 on PSN
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #170 on: November 23, 2010, 05:02:56 PM »

Quote from: morlac on November 23, 2010, 04:58:54 PM

Opps...fixed.  Though can we not just spoiler the whole thread and be done with the excessive clicking?  smile

that would be good.  just like the other tv threads.  don't read past the new episode date until you've seen it. 

Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 24, 2010, 02:50:15 AM »

Quote from: Caine on November 23, 2010, 05:02:56 PM

that would be good.  just like the other tv threads.  don't read past the new episode date until you've seen it. 

That was going to be my suggestion. I avoid this thread until I've seen the latest episode. It's a pain to follow conversations through multiple spoiler tags.

Are we really supposed to believe that this group ran all the way back from Atlanta to the camp? They made it seem like miles from the city back when they were driving cars. Why not just grab another car?

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 24, 2010, 01:11:38 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 24, 2010, 02:50:15 AM

Quote from: Caine on November 23, 2010, 05:02:56 PM

Opps...fixed.  Though can we not just spoiler the whole thread and be done with the excessive clicking?  smile

that would be good.  just like the other tv threads.  don't read past the new episode date until you've seen it.  

That was going to be my suggestion. I avoid this thread until I've seen the latest episode. It's a pain to follow conversations through multiple spoiler tags.

Are we really supposed to believe that this group ran all the way back from Atlanta to the camp? They made it seem like miles from the city back when they were driving cars. Why not just grab another car?
I thought they rode skateboards.  icon_smile

I think like me and my "why do they suddenly not bother to have a sentry" question, it's best not to over-think episode 4. I guess if I'd been in the writers' room, I would've brought up your point and mine and maybe they'd just ignore me.  icon_razz

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #173 on: November 24, 2010, 01:39:27 PM »

Also, they had only 1 sentry. That's really not enough if you think about it. You need 2 at the very least, and rotate them out. Instead, there's just one guy with a rifle on the roof of an RV.

It's sort of the whole lulled into a sense of security deal, and these were just normal people, with a "leader" that was more on edge and prone to making bad decisions.

They should have done plenty of things, like erected barricades, dug a trench, or any number of other things.

Oh and it also hasn't been that long since first infection, long enough for the main character to survive in a coma.

Of course, none of these rationalizations matter when it comes to the main reason: Plot. The best group of survivors that's prepared for everything probably wouldn't be that interesting of a group to watch. They'd be able to deal with large numbers of zombies, so much so that you'd have to come up with some weirder stuff like special zombie types like in Left 4 Dead.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 01:41:18 PM by Turtle » Logged
Moliere

View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 24, 2010, 02:57:10 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 24, 2010, 01:39:27 PM

They should have done plenty of things, like erected barricades, dug a trench, or any number of other things.

Don't you remember they showed a 5 foot line of cans on a string out in the forest. I thought that was their early warning alarm system.  nod

That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 24, 2010, 04:04:15 PM »

Hey, guess what's on the cover of Entertainment Weekly this coming weekend (it's dated Dec. 3 but I think subscriber copies are this weekend)?  icon_cool
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/24/the-walking-dead-ew-cover/

The new issue of Entertainment Weekly examines the past, present, and future of AMC’s zombie survival epic, The Walking Dead — from the comic book’s humble beginnings, to unlikely path to the small screen, to even more unlikely path as a bona fide hit. We talk to all the key players, including comic creator Robert Kirkman, executive producers Frank Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd, and star Andrew Lincoln, who was as shocked as anybody by the subject matter when he was first approached for the project.

“I got an e-mail outlining the project,” says Lincoln. “The first thing I read was ‘AMC.’ I went, ‘Great! I’ve been waiting for an AMC opportunity!’ Then it said ‘The Walking Dead.’ Terrific title. Then the names. ‘Frank Darabont.’ ‘Gale Anne Hurd.’ Great. And then it said ‘Zombie survival horror.’ I think I actually did a literal double take. I was like, ‘Really?!’
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 04:12:56 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 24, 2010, 04:10:07 PM »

Quote from: Moliere on November 24, 2010, 02:57:10 PM

Don't you remember they showed a 5 foot line of cans on a string out in the forest. I thought that was their early warning alarm system.  nod

I imagine it will be revealed that Merle (sp?) brought the zombies that attacked camp with him in the stolen van.  This would explain how the zombies would have been able to get past the warning systems they had in place.  I may be proven completely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 24, 2010, 05:22:22 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on November 24, 2010, 04:10:07 PM

Quote from: Moliere on November 24, 2010, 02:57:10 PM

I imagine it will be revealed that Merle (sp?) brought the zombies that attacked camp with him in the stolen van.  This would explain how the zombies would have been able to get past the warning systems they had in place.  I may be proven completely wrong, but that's what I'm thinking.

I was thinking the same thing.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 24, 2010, 06:34:15 PM »

Obviously that was the set-up for the exciting new Walking Dead spin-off:
One-Handed Merle and His Undead Minions
coming soon to AMC's new AZN (All Zombie Network) channel...

One thing I respect about AMC's shows is how tough it would be for the networks to steal the ideas. Cause no major network in its right mind is going to do a zombie show (NBC supposedly turned down The Walking Dead, which is for the best), a show about a chemistry teacher moonlighting as a meth cook, or a show about 1960s ad executives. Not just original programming, but programming that won't get ripped off next week.   icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 06:37:51 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 25, 2010, 08:43:03 PM »

since the local theater is apparently closed today I'm catching up on episodes 3 and 4.

I haven't read the whole series, but I do know what happens to some of the main characters halfway through the series.  it'll be interesting to see, if the series lasts that long, how they handle it.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #180 on: November 25, 2010, 09:26:07 PM »

I missed my chance to get the big compendium of the first 48 comics (about the fist six books iirc) yesterday but amazon has it for a decent price if you can get it without tax and shipping. I know the books go to 13 atm, so there is a lot of life to the tv series if they can keep going.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 28, 2010, 05:21:54 AM »

Borders carries the issues 1-48 The Walking Dead Compendium for $60 (no doubt miles cheaper on Amazon). Still, I had a 50% off coupon on Friday, and it was tempting, I just figured I'd hold off on that until episodes 5-6 of the show run (even if there are differences, I've kind of enjoyed coming to it fresh).

The EW article is a lot of fun. The best news imho is that Frank Darabont is committed to remaining deeply involved in season 2 (he's not going to hand off the show to someone else) -- he just feels he desperately needed to take the rest of 2010 off from everything. Season 2, like this one, probably won't run until next Halloween. While the article doesn't give away the farm on episodes 5-6, it does have various *spoiler* revelations in it in terms of characters' fates and what parts of the comic series might make it into Season 2, so I literally put my hand down across some paragraphs in the article to protect myself.  icon_smile

I think I can share some pix of the cover and the 2-page photo kicking off the article. Heck, I'm helping promote EW.  icon_smile

---------------
They bring up again about NBC and several other networks rejecting Darabont's proposal for the series. Gale Anne Hurd is credited with suggesting trying AMC (still referred to as "producer of the Terminator" 24 years later or as one of James Cameron's ex-wives -- maybe now she'll be known more for helping The Walking Dead find a home  icon_cool). And AMC president/GM Charlie Collier is credited with welcoming the show with open arms, and seeing it as a great tie-in with their popular Halloween-time Fear Fest movie programming. So anyway, if you love the show, you should keep Gale and Charlie in your thoughts, as well as Darabont and Kirkman.  icon_smile
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:15:48 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 28, 2010, 10:00:50 AM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 28, 2010, 05:21:54 AM

Borders carries the issues 1-60 The Walking Dead Compendium for $60 (no doubt miles cheaper on Amazon). Still, I had a 50% off coupon on Friday, and it was tempting, I just figured I'd hold off on that until episodes 5-6 of the show run (even if there are differences, I've kind of enjoyed coming to it fresh).

is there a new compendium?  the only big one I have seen is 1-48, but one containing 1-60 would be awesome.

Because I can,
Caine

My cocaine

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: November 28, 2010, 05:05:48 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2010, 10:00:50 AM

Borders carries the issues 1-60 The Walking Dead Compendium for $60 (no doubt miles cheaper on Amazon). Still, I had a 50% off coupon on Friday, and it was tempting, I just figured I'd hold off on that until episodes 5-6 of the show run (even if there are differences, I've kind of enjoyed coming to it fresh).

is there a new compendium?  the only big one I have seen is 1-48, but one containing 1-60 would be awesome.

unless i am mistaken, BJ is off.  amazon still showing the 48 issue book (at a decent price too)

the also have the HD rentals but showing up as free.  might be a great way to test the new blu ray player i got yesterday.

nevermind, it was a trailer. 

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 28, 2010, 05:15:14 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 28, 2010, 10:00:50 AM

is there a new compendium?  the only big one I have seen is 1-48, but one containing 1-60 would be awesome.
Although I'm never wrong about anything  Roll Eyes it is possible that the $60 price somehow registered in my brain as issues 1-60.   icon_redface

Oy, that's the one:
http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=1607060760

btw, I noticed you can read the first issue of The Walking Dead free at Image's site (they have a nice section where you can view issue #1 of many of their comic series there). TWD is over here:
http://www.imagecomics.com/onlinecomics.php?start=20
*It's in the lower right there. It's pretty cool to read that after you've watched Episode 1. The site seems to use Java so I don't know, would it work on an iPad?
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 05:24:57 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 29, 2010, 01:18:28 PM »

I spent much of last night's episode whispering "What is she waiting for?????"  icon_razz

The guy near the end (Noah Emmerich) , I always recognize him from John Woo's Windtalkers, although he's been in better movies like The Truman Show. I also often confuse him with disaster movie producer/director specialist Roland Emmerich.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 01:21:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 29, 2010, 02:47:25 PM »

Watched the last 5 episodes at a friend's home between Thanksgiving and last night. What a terrific show! Love the characters, the well-paced story, and that AMC has allowed the producers to get away with such gory action. After next Sunday's season finale, the wait for season 2 is gonna be long.  nod
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 29, 2010, 04:46:31 PM »

I had missed Episode 4 when it first aired, and I was busy with homework during Episode 3, so last night before the new episode aired I re-watched Episode 3 and then Episode 4.  I remembered most of 3 so it was mostly just a review, but Episode 4 was  icon_eek.  I had seen comments about Merle but tried to avoid spoilers and while I had a hunch as to what might happen, the results were still surprising.  As someone else mentioned, they certainly aren't pulling any punches. 

Watching the show has gotten me interested in the graphic novels, but I kind of would rather not know what will be coming up in the future.  I feel there is so much more tension when you have no idea what is about to happen next.  Similar to The Hurt Locker or shows like The Shield, I feel a constant sense of apprehension and tension even when characters are merely chatting or going about their day.  With the mental and emotional anguish associated with the situation, the fear of death or even infection (leading to inevitable death), and differences of opinion between people in the group, even basic conversations could potentially lead to an altercation or worse. 

I'm really going to miss this show after the last episode of the season as this has been the first show I've been interested in for quite some time.  I'm sure there are more worth watching, but I actually make time to watch The Walking Dead and it's timed well by being on TV on Sunday nights, plus being On Demand in case I miss an episode. 

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 29, 2010, 04:57:34 PM »

Quote from: PeteRock on November 29, 2010, 04:46:31 PM

Watching the show has gotten me interested in the graphic novels, but I kind of would rather not know what will be coming up in the future. 

I think they are deviating from the comics a bit.  I'm not sure if it's been posted, but here's a comparison of the episodes versus the comics for the first 4 episodes.

Because I can,
PeteRock

Fabulous is a state of being. For me, anyways.

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 29, 2010, 05:14:01 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on November 29, 2010, 04:57:34 PM

Quote from: PeteRock on November 29, 2010, 04:46:31 PM

Watching the show has gotten me interested in the graphic novels, but I kind of would rather not know what will be coming up in the future. 

I think they are deviating from the comics a bit.  I'm not sure if it's been posted, but here's a comparison of the episodes versus the comics for the first 4 episodes.

That was a fun read.  The comparison demonstrates how much AMC is really fleshing out (no pun intended) storylines from the graphic novel series in far more detail and it really adds to the emotional impact of various events that take place.  Certain characters are getting more emphasis and more detailed backgrounds to add to the human aspect of the show.  Great stuff.

Beauty is only skin deep.  Which is why I take very good care of my skin.
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 29, 2010, 06:11:11 PM »

EW has another Q&A with Robert Kirkman after episode 5's airing:
http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/11/29/walking-dead-kirkman-finale-wildfire/
Very funny opening...
ROBERT KIRKMAN: I’ve got to say — not to kiss your magazine’s a– or anything — but when they called me and said Frank [Darabont, Walking Dead exec producer] wanted to do the show, I was like, “Yeah, I’ll believe it when I see it.” And then when AMC was like, “We’re picking up the show,” I was like, “Yeah, alright, whatever.” When they actually started shooting the pilot I was like, “Well, this is kind of real, this is neat.”

But when they called me and said, “Your show’s on the cover of Entertainment Weekly,” I think that was the first time I was like, “Oh my god, I can’t believe this is happening to me!“
icon_lol

Also, a fun little Q&A with those portraying zombies on EW's cover:
http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/11/27/walking-dead-cover-nicotero-kirkman/
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 06:16:53 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
msteelers

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 29, 2010, 06:21:29 PM »

My cousin was in town for Thanksgiving, and we ended up watching the first 4 episodes on demand. Even though it was the second time watching them, I really enjoyed each episode. And while I figured my cousin would enjoy the show, I didn't expect her to get hooked like she did. The first episode she was (literally) on the edge of her seat. I also realized that she had never watched a zombie show before, and had no idea how zombies "work". During the first episode she turned to me and asked, "so, zombies eat people?"  icon_lol

Last nights episode went quickly. It was definitely a filler episode in terms of advancing the storyline, but it had a ton of drama throughout the episode which was all very well done. Waiting for Season 2 is going to suck.

Tune in to hear me spout nonsense about Fantasy Football every Thursday evening at 6:08.
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: November 29, 2010, 09:31:28 PM »

They're now pretty way off from the comics, but that's a good thing since it's a different medium.

Didn't realize it was only 6 episodes for the season though, but considering how much each episode must costs, it's understandable.

They're doing a lot of stuff that really goes beyond what the comic did, mainly because they have more time and actors who fill their roles. Amy's scene was also hearbreaking...
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 29, 2010, 09:51:38 PM »

Quote from: msteelers on November 29, 2010, 06:21:29 PM

My cousin was in town for Thanksgiving, and we ended up watching the first 4 episodes on demand. Even though it was the second time watching them, I really enjoyed each episode. And while I figured my cousin would enjoy the show, I didn't expect her to get hooked like she did. The first episode she was (literally) on the edge of her seat. I also realized that she had never watched a zombie show before, and had no idea how zombies "work". During the first episode she turned to me and asked, "so, zombies eat people?"  icon_lol

Good Lord, is your cousin Amish or something?!  icon_razz
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 29, 2010, 09:56:05 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on November 29, 2010, 09:51:38 PM

I'm sending that in for a spin-off recommendation. It will be called:
The Amish Walking Dead
It'll be like Witness, but with zombies... icon_biggrin

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: November 29, 2010, 09:56:08 PM »

Quote from: Turtle on November 29, 2010, 09:31:28 PM

They're now pretty way off from the comics, but that's a good thing since it's a different medium.

Didn't realize it was only 6 episodes for the season though, but considering how much each episode must costs, it's understandable.

They're doing a lot of stuff that really goes beyond what the comic did, mainly because they have more time and actors who fill their roles. Amy's scene was also hearbreaking...

Yeah that was really good.  This show is just so flat out excellent in all aspects, I love it.  My only complaint is I don't think I get it in HD.  At first I was leery about how you could possibly sustain a zombie apocalypse story as a TV series, but now that they are into it, it just seems like an obvious choice for tons of great stories and storylines.  So sad there's only 6 eps for now, I'm really getting into it.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 29, 2010, 09:56:37 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on November 29, 2010, 09:56:05 PM

The Amish Walking Dead

Are you calling Harrison Ford a zombie!??!   icon_twisted
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 29, 2010, 10:06:11 PM »

Ford seemed pretty zombie like a couple of weeks ago on Conan....

Because I can,
Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: November 29, 2010, 10:09:57 PM »

From the EW magazine cover story, the 6 episodes was apparently more because by the time Darabont and Hurd brought the concept to AMC (after NBC and other networks rejected it), there was barely enough time to produce 6 episodes in time for a Halloween 2010 debut. Production was apparently pretty frenzied and compressed in terms of schedule. That may well have worked to the first 6 episodes' favor in terms of energy level.

It'll be interesting to see how next season's 13 episodes are better (or not?) with the luxury of more time to prepare. Though I guess since there'll be more than twice as many to film, maybe once filming starts, it'll be just as hurried again.  icon_smile

Playing
PC
-Grim Dawn
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 29, 2010, 10:12:30 PM »

Quote from: rittchard on November 29, 2010, 09:56:37 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on November 29, 2010, 09:56:05 PM

My cousin was in town for Thanksgiving, and we ended up watching the first 4 episodes on demand. Even though it was the second time watching them, I really enjoyed each episode. And while I figured my cousin would enjoy the show, I didn't expect her to get hooked like she did. The first episode she was (literally) on the edge of her seat. I also realized that she had never watched a zombie show before, and had no idea how zombies "work". During the first episode she turned to me and asked, "so, zombies eat people?"  icon_lol

Good Lord, is your cousin Amish or something?!  icon_razz
The Amish Walking Dead

Are you calling Harrison Ford a zombie!??!   icon_twisted

Cut To:

ZOMBIE INDIANA JONES AND THE CITY OF GOLD (quest during the Reagan presidency)!

A Zombified Indiana Jones staggers his way along a path on a cave. He comes across a bottomless pit. Deep in the recesses of his memory, he remembers his whip, and slowly and awkwardly takes it out. After several spastic uncoordinated attempts, his whip catches on a branch up on the ceiling. Zombie Indiana Jones swings away..... only to have his arm snap clear off and he falls straight down the bottomless pit!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 10:14:06 PM by PR_GMR » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 34   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: