http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 12:28:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Sword and the Sorcerer  (Read 544 times)
Morgul
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: March 29, 2012, 04:11:58 PM »

is still not on netflix.   I have not seen it in 20 years or more.

Where is the outcry?   It is bullshit.   

A whole generation will not see the sorcerer rip the heart out of the witches chest.  No wonder the worlds going to shit.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 04:18:28 PM »

I agree.  we should offer a $10,000 bounty on the head of the person responsible.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 05:52:17 PM »

Agreed, they should be made to pay - not that The Sword & Sorcerer was anything more than a cheesy S&S flik. And now that we're on this topic, I don't understand why Netflix doesn't just license Roger Corman's S&S collection. OK, maybe Barbarian Queen could be a bit spicey/risky for them, lest some ignorant parent let their teen or preteen watch it - sexual fondling with a serving of torture anyone.  saywhat  But we need that collection netflixed because we all deserve to see David Carradine at his all time worst in the Warrior and the Sorceress. Tongue  Damn it, we need to start a petition!
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:54:19 PM by kronovan » Logged
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2012, 06:13:46 PM »

They recently added some Roger Corman flicks up there. I did watched Deathrace 2000 two weeks ago, the 70's one with Carradine. I had never seen it before. Like all the other Corman films its too bad not to keep watching.

The low budget fantasy film from the 80's that always comes to mind for me is She. That one threw everything in to it.
warning

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »

I remember the credits to The Sword and the Sorcerer promising a sequel. I've been waiting decades for that.
kronovan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2012, 09:03:49 PM »

Quote from: Crawley on March 29, 2012, 06:13:46 PM

They recently added some Roger Corman flicks up there. I did watched Deathrace 2000 two weeks ago, the 70's one with Carradine. I had never seen it before. Like all the other Corman films its too bad not to keep watching.
Unfortunately I'm only able to get Netflix Canada which has considerably less; including no Deathrace 2K. frown We do however seem to get a better variety of foreign films - especially some really spicey French ones. slywink

Quote from: warning on March 29, 2012, 08:44:17 PM

I remember the credits to The Sword and the Sorcerer promising a sequel. I've been waiting decades for that.
And you'll probably be waiting as many decades again before a sequel shows up. IMO the niche S&S used to fill has mostly been replaced by Super Hero movies. While I can pine for the adventure, cheese and fun of S&S flix, I'm forced to admit that very few of them were anywhere near the quality of even a minority of SH movies.
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 02:07:35 AM »

it sounds familiar but i can't place it,i guess it was one of the zillions of VHS me and my dad used to rent

Looked at the cast and i don't recognize any of the names

I did find this on it's Wiki Page though

Sequel

The Sword and the Sorcerer was originally conceived as the first in a series of several films.

Movie news website Ain't It Cool News reported on 5 August 2007 that the sequel, to be entitled Tales of an Ancient Empire (as trailed at the end of The Sword and the Sorcerer) was in preproduction, citing Pyun as the source of this information.[5] In 2008 Lee Horsley, Christopher Lambert, Kevin Sorbo, Yancy Butler, and Victoria Maurette were named among the cast of the new film, described as a "sequel in spirit".[6] On January 24, 2012, Tales of an Ancient Empire was officially released on DVD.[7] Lambert and Butler, however, did not appear in the film.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_an_Ancient_Empire
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 02:11:23 AM by metallicorphan » Logged

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
Pyperkub

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2012, 03:11:31 AM »

I've gotta find that.  I still have the original on vhs somewhere

Epic 4g/Tapatalk

Pardon me, but that is a .... damn fine cup of coffee.
sgoldj
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2012, 12:32:02 PM »

The sequel is out!!!  Oh HELL yes, gotta go find it now. As far as the original goes : one of the best of the cheesy S&S films, but it had a triple bladed sword. I wanted one of those. And

Spoiler for Hiden:
loved the scene of Talon ripping himself off that cross at the banquet
Morgul

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »

I remember something like..

hero: I have no beef with you.

Sorcerer: CROMWELLS MINE!

Now we have a problem...

(When talon (or whatever his name was) fought the sorcerer over who gets to kill the evil king)

I know, cheese shit, but my buddies and I watched it over and over it seems..  The three bladed sword and random tit shots made it a hit I guess back then, lol.

I want to see the damn thing.   Netflix needs to step up to the plate or I swear I am going to pay time warner $80 bucks a month and buy cable again.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: