http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 04:48:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Skinny on Rich (and Gonegold somewhat) SEE 1ST POST EDIT  (Read 39831 times)
Cyjon
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #200 on: October 13, 2004, 10:48:34 PM »

Quote from: "GreenGoo"
Quote from: "Sith Lord"
Wow - I always felt like I'd been around GoneGold for a while, but I have no idea who Joel is or what his column was all about. Or maybe I just don't remember.

Sith

Joel Mathis if I remember correctly.

Thank you! I couldn't remember his last name. It's hell to get old...

I think the column was called the Hot Sheet. It was a grumpy man's look at the gaming industry. Think Lewis Black (for Daily Show fans), though maybe a bit less cranky.
Break
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 13, 2004, 11:47:06 PM »

Joel Mathis.

Ah Joel, you ran the greatest game of CoC that I've ever been a part of.

I've been a poster turned lurker since way back.  And I'm definitely sorry to see the site go.  I have to remove the link from my favourites and change my homepage.  Which just puts me in a bad mood.

GG and the forum was somewhere I went when I had nothing else to do.  Guess I'll just have to start lurking around here smile

Oh yes, thanks to Bill Harris for pointing me in this direction, I was wondering what was going on for a while, I thought it was a problem on my side.
Eel Snave
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« Reply #202 on: October 14, 2004, 12:47:24 AM »

Well, I got the message that everything was over here.  Somehow it hurts more knowing that GG is gone than if I never found out what happened.

I was trying to find out what happened.  I was going to check the #gonegold channel on IRC, but never did.  I was really lost.  I mean, it's great that CG is here to take us wayward GGers, but it's just not the same.

I mean, GG is the first place where I told anyone that I was dating my wife and the first place that knew I got married.  It seems stupid, but it was really a community of hundreds of nuts that I sometimes hated and sometimes loved and always respected.  It truly was a community in the truest sense of the word, like a city with landmarks and familiarity.

I don't know.  I'm going to try and adjust.  I'm going to give this a shot.  It's just going to be really, really hard to adjust to life without GG.  I'm never going to get rid of the bookmark, though, and every time I wipe my computer, I'm going to make the bookmark again and put it in my favorites, just out of habit.

(sigh)  Anyway, it's good to see all of you.  And weird.  But good.

I just realized, what's U2K The Greatest going to do?  HE'LL BE LOST! (insert feeble smile)
Sherrick99
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 14, 2004, 01:49:01 AM »

What an odd-odd way to find old friends in new places.

Like most of you, I suspect, I feel a little bit out of place and little bit at home all at the same time.

When I finally realized that there might be information here in regard to the status of GG, I fully expected to read that there had been some type of major hardware malfunction and that the site would be back up in the next few minutes / hours / days.

As so many have before me, I wish Rich all the best and will hold dear all of the hours I spent on the Gonegold forums.

Thanks, CG Staff for welcoming in the homeless.

Sherrick (now Sherrick99)

"Old Age and Treachery,
Always Overcomes Youth and Skill."

Formerly Known As Sherrick.
Now Sherrick99 In Honor Of The Year I Joined Gonegold.
Ranulf
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 14, 2004, 05:06:10 AM »

Wow... what a surprise. I got online earlier tonight and kept trying to load up the forum, and thought it was being cranky again. This is turning out to be a crappy month. I lose my Dad two weeks ago and I come back into town and GG is down and apparently out for the count.  frown '

I hope Rich is doing ok and wish him the best.
Chesspieceface
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 14, 2004, 06:58:22 AM »

Well, not much to say that hasn't been said.  I found GG 3-4 years ago, probably through a link on majorgeeks or 3dspotlight (now techspot) Rich's updates really drew me in.  Eventually like all of you the forums took over.  I'm happy we had the chance to get to know Bill the last couple of years though.

I'm interested to see what happens next, and would gladly contribute a slice of my gaming budget to reviving the community if need be.  Its hard to explain but the vastness of the internet seems somehow emptier and more boring than last week.  I find myself staring at the about:blank page wishing I had a really active forum of mature gamers to go visit and read.  And then I hit the old URL just to be sure its gone. still.

Rich La Porte I salute you and what you have done for gamers.  My only wish is that abandoning the site may speed your recovery.

GG Forums was the finest community on the web, (well with the notable exception of a certain game developer who shall not be summoned to sully this occaison) and I am deeply sad to see it go.  But perhaps Blackhawk & Co. mean business and this is in fact not the end, but a new beginning.

Game On.
LucidSmoke
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 14, 2004, 07:20:14 AM »

Well, I am no longer in denial about GoneGold blinking out of existence.  I am relieved at finding you all here.  I am hopefull that the community can retain some cohesiveness here or in a resurected form in the near future.  I once wrote Rich, telling him how GoneGold felt like the local neighborhood tavern.  A place where I could escape amongst all sorts of colorful characters.  Though I didn't post all that often, I have certainly become very familiar with many of you.  I have so much enjoyed your humour and wit as well as the intelligence and respect shared.  I remember my first post and all the welcomes that followed.  There was never a game purchased without consulting the forum.  Other life choices were also made in conjunction with consulting the members.  It's funny, the book I am currently reading, "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell", was purchased due to reading about it on the forum.  It truly has been an enjoyable part of my life.  Thank You Console Gold for taking us on.  I will be following closely to see where all this goes.  It blows my mind when I think of all the volumes of information that may have been lost.....especially when you think of the value it could have had 50+ years from now for anyone wanting an unmatchable commentary on the "early years" of computer gaming.  It truly was an amazing collection of records.   :cry:   Thank you all, and here's to the best.
AttAdude
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 14, 2004, 02:59:44 PM »

well its a damn shame about GG.  I hope rich gets better, and i hope he can move on and have a happy fulfilling life.  I would at some point like to know what happend, but if i never do ohh well.

I am very happy to find you all here, and than you so much CG, for hosting us.

AttA
The Grue

You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 14, 2004, 03:11:45 PM »

Quote from: "LucidSmoke"
It's funny, the book I am currently reading, "Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell", was purchased due to reading about it on the forum.  It truly has been an enjoyable part of my life.  

I bought this book recently as a result of the GG forum as well.  From now shaving the boys and manscaping to trying out various games I might not have purchased before to finding a good running program that took me from not being a runner at all to now running 3.5 miles eveyr other day, GG has definitely had an influence on my life.

It is good to see so many people have moved over to this forum and we can keep some of the magic alive.  Maybe Rich can come post in here from time to time as well. smile

XBox Live ID: The Grue
Playstation Network Name: TheGrue
Raintitan
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 15, 2004, 06:31:59 PM »

I'm not going to post much, but I really appreciated and missed Rich when he stopped the Roll Call. I've been a GG member for a very, very long time.  I've sent him emails, contributed to the old site, ect.

That said, when someone builds a community of people, they have some level of responsibility when they are the glue that keeps them in touch. I'm ok with whatever Rich or other GG admins need to do for themselves, but I think they have an absolute responsibility to inform the community of a major change.

A simple and official "I can't do this anymore, I'm sorry" would have been fine..even if it were send via another admin to a site like this.  Just going away and pulling the plug, if that is the case, is insensitive to those that have come to rely on you. Especially when it only takes a single phone call or three sentence email to handle it more gracefully.

Thank you very much to Console Gold for taking us in here!

Heath (aka hcajandig)
Azhag

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 16, 2004, 02:16:59 AM »

(I am Tim Frederick btw) Well, I must say I am sad to learn what (might) have happened to GoneGold.  I have been very confused and sad the past couple weeks about it, and thankfully someone from a GG fantasy football league pointed me here.

Well, I have been going to gonegold since at least 2000, and posting actively for the past few years.  I remember reading the roll calls every night, and even copying a couple of the more touching ones regarding Rich's past in the NYPD, or more uplifting stories of his gaming extravaganzas and his excitement with new releases or running contests, etc.  I can't believe that it is over.

Even after Rich became too sick to contribute, Bill swooped in with his stories of Eli 2.0 and his story contests.  When everyone was worried about the costs of running gonegold we donated money to the cause, only to find out that we had managed to buy enough games through gogamer and such, and clicked enough links that the site was actually economically viable on its own.  Bill, Andy, and the mods did a wonderful job keeping it running during this whole time period.

The past year has been a rough one at GG, with people getting booted off, the large mod turnover, and fights over the direction of gonegold.  I know Rich had been disappointed with that, but things had gotten a lot better since then.  That is what is so dissapointing about this, it seems like while we had a rough time, the past few months have been flawless with less fighting (thanks to the quarantine of R&P, hehe) and with the site becoming more of a community again.

How am I to know what to get without the gonegold effect?  Never again will I have the silliness of roll call or night call?  Sigh...  I will try to visit CG some, but it simply is not going to feel the same for me.  The past couple years I started visiting more often, as where I inititally only came to discuss games, I moved into political discussions, everything but gaming, trading games, etc.  It was nice to have a site where people happily donated time to help with someone's math homework, or helped with personal problems, relationships, job searches, etc.  Even people who would fight in some forums would drop everything to answer a post asking for help in life.

In gonegold we have witnessed weddings, the birth of one another's children, MsDuncan's wife, deaths, GGers on TV, getting post-graduate degrees, and almost anything else you can imagine.  Where else will so many programmers and designers from the industry occasionally come to argue and pimp their games for us?  I never thought a website would have given me so many memories and experiences.

So Rich, Andy, Bill, Stephen, and the mods, thanks for everything these past couple years.  I hope somehow GG will come back, but if not, we really did appreciate you all these years.  If there is anything we can do, let us know.
Tokek

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 16, 2004, 05:38:15 AM »

So this is where everyone went to.  I was wondering what happened to GG.

While it's sad to see GG go poof, I respect Rich's decision and thank him for the site, without it I would've never have met a bunch of great people.
McBa1n
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 16, 2004, 09:53:51 AM »

Quote from: "Azhag"
(I am Tim Frederick btw) Well, I must say I am sad to learn what (might) have happened to GoneGold.  I have been very confused and sad the past couple weeks about it, and thankfully someone from a GG fantasy football league pointed me here.

Well, I have been going to gonegold since at least 2000, and posting actively for the past few years.  I remember reading the roll calls every night, and even copying a couple of the more touching ones regarding Rich's past in the NYPD, or more uplifting stories of his gaming extravaganzas and his excitement with new releases or running contests, etc.  I can't believe that it is over.

Even after Rich became too sick to contribute, Bill swooped in with his stories of Eli 2.0 and his story contests.  When everyone was worried about the costs of running gonegold we donated money to the cause, only to find out that we had managed to buy enough games through gogamer and such, and clicked enough links that the site was actually economically viable on its own.  Bill, Andy, and the mods did a wonderful job keeping it running during this whole time period.

The past year has been a rough one at GG, with people getting booted off, the large mod turnover, and fights over the direction of gonegold.  I know Rich had been disappointed with that, but things had gotten a lot better since then.  That is what is so dissapointing about this, it seems like while we had a rough time, the past few months have been flawless with less fighting (thanks to the quarantine of R&P, hehe) and with the site becoming more of a community again.

How am I to know what to get without the gonegold effect?  Never again will I have the silliness of roll call or night call?  Sigh...  I will try to visit CG some, but it simply is not going to feel the same for me.  The past couple years I started visiting more often, as where I inititally only came to discuss games, I moved into political discussions, everything but gaming, trading games, etc.  It was nice to have a site where people happily donated time to help with someone's math homework, or helped with personal problems, relationships, job searches, etc.  Even people who would fight in some forums would drop everything to answer a post asking for help in life.

In gonegold we have witnessed weddings, the birth of one another's children, MsDuncan's wife, deaths, GGers on TV, getting post-graduate degrees, and almost anything else you can imagine.  Where else will so many programmers and designers from the industry occasionally come to argue and pimp their games for us?  I never thought a website would have given me so many memories and experiences.

So Rich, Andy, Bill, Stephen, and the mods, thanks for everything these past couple years.  I hope somehow GG will come back, but if not, we really did appreciate you all these years.  If there is anything we can do, let us know.

Really nice post, man.
I think we're all in the same boat.... And also agree 100% on all accounts.

I'm still only messin around here for my first day and trying to make the best of it.

It sounds really stupid, in a sense....
But the feeling towards the GG forums I had was rather strong and passionate. It gave a sense of home and belonging to a world that no one could truly put into words for someone that never experienced it.

Hell, most people didn't bother responding to me on the forums (and stfu - the paypal money went thru to those that did), mostly - but it didn't matter....
It was like that cliche: 'we read to know we're not alone'
with the GG forums - no matter how different we all are as people - we all are still part of something that transceneds the text, transcends the stupid palaver you share with 'some random person at work' and becomes something you NEED.

That need is knowing that no matter what, and no matter how impossible the odds... There is some other "dork/nerd/spaz/geek" that can relate to you on some level and understand that games are more than just games... They're a way of life for most of us... And it's really cool to know that you're not totally out of humanity because that is what you enjoy as a hobbyist. And knowing you're talking with gamers about how YOU live life - you realize that there are people out there not that different from you.

That's a really cool feeling.
It's just a shame it's via text and over a message board... Or was, anyway.

It just feels like I lost part of my immediate family.
But it's good to know that a lot of familiar faces are over here and they also mourn the loss -- just like I do.:/
GungHo
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 16, 2004, 01:50:52 PM »

Sad to see GG go, and I dont want to rip on RIch for anyting.  Sure I definitely feel like I got the rug pulled out from under me; goofy as it sounds, GG was something special to me.  BUt I respect what's been done, and I guess Ill move on.

THanks to Console Gold for extending the invitation to come on board, but I agree that for awhile, certainly, this won't "feel like home".

Glad to see a bunch of familiar faces though; that's pretty cool.

I had one...
Semperfi73
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 16, 2004, 08:56:39 PM »

Just wanted to join in the collective misery at GG's departure.  I've been an avid reader of the GG forums since 1998.  I transferred into Kuwait not long after that and wrote to Rich telling him how much the site meant to me - a real morale booster.  Surprisingly he wrote back.  I've always been extremely fond of Rich and his site.  It's seen me through some dark times, especially since 9/11.  I hope one day I can express my gratitude properly, face-to-face.  I'm now out on the island of Guam and find the absence of GoneGold to be extremely saddening.  It's as if a key part of me is gone.  As many of those posting noted we all felt a part of a very special community.  The GG effect nabbed me time and again - played a lot of games I probably wouldn't have touched!  I've admired all of you from a distance and am elated that the community seems to be sticking together.  This old Marine appreciates all of you.  Semper Fi, Kerry

Saepius Exertus, Semper Fidelis, Frater Infinitas
msduncan

Roll Tide!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 17, 2004, 03:24:43 AM »

:-(

I want to post something I put up on another site, just so all of you that didn't get to see it know how I feel about everyone I used to battle with about Politics....

And I quote myself:

all at once I truly realized how special and unique Gone Gold was in it's prime. I realized that even those that I completely diagree with on political matters (Ezra! slywink ), I completely and utterly miss the company of.

I would go so far as to say that I grieve the loss of daily conversation with these special people. I'm talking most about those that I disagreed the most with. I'm talking about people who, without my realizing it and maybe BECAUSE they challenged me to think about what someone on the 'other side' thought, had become true friends.

These people might not even feel the same as I do. But even if it were one-sided in some cases, I really did become close to a lot of those that opposed my viewpoint over on Gone Gold.

THAT, to me, is why Gone Gold will forever have been a unique place on the internet. It will now fade from existence like some sort of forgotten Greek city.... or like Atlantis sinking into the ocean forever. But for a short time.... there was a haven on the internet where an incredible mix of totally different people -- most of whom were truly GOOD people -- clung to each other.

I grieve the loss.
Jeff
Special Project Group

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 17, 2004, 03:51:59 AM »

Nicely written msduncan. I will always remember GG too, and always in a good light. I have made real, genuine friends there. Some of whom I talk to almost daily, and have shared a lot about myself with, and vice versa.

:cry:

I'm thankful for GG, and for what I've been able to take away from it.
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 17, 2004, 05:17:06 AM »

That is a great way of expressing it, MSD. Well done, indeed.

Its funny, I didn't realize how much a part of my life that place was, all these people whom I really didn't know past the screen name, until I couldn't get there for a day.  Just a day  I had about 800 posts in a couple years, mostly at the beginning.  But I had to know.  I looked in  #gonegold (bless you guys!) , QT3, and here.  And the relief that I felt once I found those screen names.  All of us, crying out like babes in the woods, searching for that place where even if everyone didn't know us, we knew them.    Its the people, not the url, that makes the community.

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Darth Homer
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2004, 09:56:00 PM »

I never posted very much on Gone Gold, however, it was a site I visited as often as I could.  I think I came across the unique community in 1998, and when I could access it at work, before that blasted blocker they put on, I did the majority of my posting.  After I met the girl who would eventually become my wife, I lost touch with GG.  After my marriage, I had my time in the evenings and would hit the Forums as part of my nightly web browsing.

Just by pure luck I came across this forum and website.  As many others have said, GG was a very neat place.  Full of interesting conversation, and many, many laughs.  The Monty Python related server crashes (we all know that is what caused it  biggrin ), the GG Brute Squad, are just 2 of the things I will remember.

I hope y'all don't mind another former GGer coming to Console Gold, like GG, I probably won't post much.  But the laughs I get will help me unwind after a day ot the office.

Rich, Thank you for the memories.  Thank you for Gone Gold!!  Also, Thank you to the GGers.  what a ride!

DH...out

XBL Gamertag: SATX Brian
warning

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2004, 11:01:21 PM »

Quote from: "Darth Homer"
I never posted very much on Gone Gold, however, it was a site I visited as often as I could.  I think I came across the unique community in 1998, and when I could access it at work, before that blasted blocker they put on, I did the majority of my posting.  After I met the girl who would eventually become my wife, I lost touch with GG.  After my marriage, I had my time in the evenings and would hit the Forums as part of my nightly web browsing.

Just by pure luck I came across this forum and website.  As many others have said, GG was a very neat place.  Full of interesting conversation, and many, many laughs.  The Monty Python related server crashes (we all know that is what caused it  biggrin ), the GG Brute Squad, are just 2 of the things I will remember.

I hope y'all don't mind another former GGer coming to Console Gold, like GG, I probably won't post much.  But the laughs I get will help me unwind after a day ot the office.

Rich, Thank you for the memories.  Thank you for Gone Gold!!  Also, Thank you to the GGers.  what a ride!

DH...out

We're glad you're here DH.  You don't even have to lurk here.  It's sort of a clean slate.  Settle in.  Grab a beverage and express yourself.
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2004, 11:33:56 PM »

Ye Olde Farte
Sam Hell
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2004, 11:34:37 PM »

Warning, your sig is hilarious!
Anyone who quotes Sir Mix Alot in their sig is OK in my book.  biggrin
sig20paramedic
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 30, 2004, 06:01:08 PM »

Whew!!  I'm glad I finally found you guys biggrin .  I thought for sure I wouldn't see anyone from the GG forums ever again.
Rhinohelix
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 31, 2004, 10:21:53 AM »

I would love some additional post-mortem on GG should any one have the beef.  Either posted here or sent to me personally, either PM or e-mail. smile  I know every one here would also like that same info, but if you can't spill it publicly, you can still let me know. biggrin

Rhino

Dance with the Devil and the Devil doesn't change.  The Devil changes you.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 31, 2004, 09:49:11 PM »

Quote from: "dbt1949"

LOL!  Still the king of Smilies!!  No matter which forum!  

BTW-I was lost without GG...but CG has been kind enough to let us have a home, that I'm staying smile  Thanks for the hospitality and welcome, and even if GG wakes up...i'm staying here....
galaril
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: November 01, 2004, 11:39:31 PM »

Quote from: "Azhag"

Greta post and if you still want to read Bill's stuff he's got a great blog that continue's the Eli 2.0 stuff
http://dubiousquality.blogspot.com/
rrmorton

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 02, 2004, 12:02:19 AM »

Quote from: "sig20paramedic"
Whew!!  I'm glad I finally found you guys biggrin .  I thought for sure I wouldn't see anyone from the GG forums ever again.

Hi Sig20p! Glad you made it.
Phanboi
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
hi
« Reply #227 on: November 02, 2004, 05:14:59 AM »

Well as long as we are all together , Gone Gold hasn't really died now has it?
We ARE Gone Gold. What  address we are at on the net doesn't really matter as long as we are in the same place.
I would like to thank Rich and the rest who ran Gone Gold as I spent many happy hours there and also a thank you to the people who run this site for letting us animals in here. Be warned , we will leave our shoes on , drink all your booze , and stay way past our welcome so get used to it!

Cheers,
 :twisted:
warning

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 02, 2004, 12:07:27 PM »

Quote from: "Phanboi"
We ARE Gone Gold. What  address we are at on the net doesn't really matter as long as we are in the same place.
I would like to thank Rich and the rest who ran Gone Gold as I spent many happy hours there and also a thank you to the people who run this site for letting us animals in here. Be warned , we will leave our shoes on , drink all your booze , and stay way past our welcome so get used to it!

Cheers,

As long as you bring Doritos all shall be forgiven.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 02, 2004, 06:28:34 PM »

Quote from: "warning"
Quote from: "Phanboi"

Cheers,

As long as you bring Doritos all shall be forgiven.

Cheetos...Bring CHEEE-TOOS smile
dangerballs

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 02, 2004, 06:59:03 PM »

What's Cooking at Hacienda de Bolas del Peligro?

PC: Tomb Raider | Xbox360: GTA V | PS3: Infamous 2, Ni No Kuni
Phanboi
Welcome to Gaming Trend

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 02, 2004, 08:09:33 PM »

Quote from: "dangerballs"

Tubgirl: The Early Years... :oops:
Kurth
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 03, 2004, 08:16:44 PM »

Poor timing on my part to make an entrance after "TubGirl - The Early Years," but I'm glad I finally found you guys!  

GoneGold became an integral part of my daily routine over four years ago, and I've been missing it terribly since the shutdown.  While I'll continue to miss RollCall and all of the other prime GoneGold goodness, it's great to see the forums have reconstituted themselves to some degree (with the generous help of ConsoleGold).

So here's my last shout-out to Rich Laporte and GoneGold.  Tiny Fuzz may be gone, but he'll never be forgotten!

Looking forward to the future here at CG,
Kurth

Another GoneGold refugee.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 03, 2004, 09:12:19 PM »

Quote from: "dangerballs"

AAAH...Heaven smile
Purge
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #234 on: September 26, 2007, 01:26:20 PM »

I can't believe how popular this thread was for reads, and how many people in these 5 pages don't post here anymore. frown

Ah well; I'm gonna put that cheetos pic into the This is Fun thread and let sleeping dogs lie. frown

(PS Does anyone have an update on Rich's condition?)

"If it weren't for Philo T. Farnsworth, inventor of television, we'd still be eating frozen radio dinners." - Johnny Carson
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 26, 2007, 02:22:06 PM »

holy thread necromancy Ridah!

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
unbreakable
« Reply #236 on: September 26, 2007, 03:00:26 PM »

Grievous Angel
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 26, 2007, 03:46:29 PM »

For what it's worth, before GG went down for good (maybe a year ago or so?), Rich posted a short letter on the site apologizing for the way that things went down. I don't remember the gist of it all, but I think it was all covered on OO, if someone wants to search the EBG archives over there. I wrote him a quick e-mail thinking him for all his work, and he replied very graciously and said he wanted to get back into playing computer games again. It kind of seemed like he'd had some really rough times but was finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. Wherever he is and whatever he's doing, I hope he's happy and is gaming again.

Owner, Port Royal Cutthroats, GGNL
CSL

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 26, 2007, 03:58:51 PM »

Quote from: CSL on October 11, 2004, 11:00:18 PM

Quote from: SuperHiro
Quote from: RPGHero
Quote from: Siljanus
Quote from: RPGHero
Quote from: Siljanus
Hi RPGHero.  Not trying to stir anything up but who were you on GG?  Just not familiar with the nic.

Both times I was in the Brutesquad I think CSL walked me into a plasma bolt early on.  The last time I went down firing though so I felt a little better. 

I hear CSL got what was coming to him on Mars a few weeks ago...

Damn, and I missed it.   Can someone send me a copy of the post if they have it?  biggrin  :twisted:  biggrin  :twisted:  biggrin

I can't remember exactly. But I think he got possessed then ran around like a crazy person. And he had to be put down.

No I was MURDERED by Lyno on command of the corrupt X-COM commander Samurai!

Also I got RPGHero killed twice, he has no reason to lie.

Alas it seems the great dream is gone and GoneGold will alas fade into the wind. We therefore are an unholy gathering of electronics pestilence.

I still maintain that I was murdered all those years ago on Mars.
unbreakable
« Reply #239 on: September 26, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »

Quote from: CSL on September 26, 2007, 03:58:51 PM

I still maintain that I was murdered all those years ago on Mars.

But were you really on Mars?  Or did something just go wrong with your Rekall vacation?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: