http://gamingtrend.com
September 24, 2014, 12:56:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Shield: Season 7 (the final season)(spoilers inevitable)  (Read 3517 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« on: August 21, 2008, 12:50:43 AM »

finally starts September 2nd.  Finally, we get to find out what happens to Vic, Shane and the rest of them.  I'm thinking Vic and Shane will off each other, possibly egged on by Acevedo, who in turn gets busted when the info Vic got his hands on at the end of last season ends up in the right hands.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2008, 01:38:34 AM »

Can't wait!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2008, 01:26:23 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on August 21, 2008, 12:50:43 AM

finally starts September 2nd.  Finally, we get to find out what happens to Vic, Shane and the rest of them.  I'm thinking Vic and Shane will off each other, possibly egged on by Acevedo, who in turn gets busted when the info Vic got his hands on at the end of last season ends up in the right hands.

Not too far off from my predictions, but I suspect we are going to see the cell phone video of Aceveda resurface too...he has yet to really pay for that, and this show is really good about not letting folks off the hook too easy.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2008, 02:14:10 PM »

It's a testament to the show's writing talent that I actually care about what happens to a guy who killed a teammate in cold blood in the opening moments of this show all those years ago...

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2008, 02:41:23 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on August 21, 2008, 02:14:10 PM

It's a testament to the show's writing talent that I actually care about what happens to a guy who killed a teammate in cold blood in the opening moments of this show all those years ago...

Yep.  What I love about The Shield is that who I'm rooting for and who I'm rooting against changes almost every season (and sometimes within seasons).

I have often wondered if Shawn Ryan regrets having Vick kill his teammate though.  It was a helluva kickoff to the show but, in retrospect, I'm not sure it was entirely in character for him.  He really pushes past the line but I'm not sure we've seen him do anything so cold blooded in the years since. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 05:13:53 AM »

wow... one episode left.... and in one single episode Vic manages to recapture all the disgust he shed over the series and then some.

Because I can,
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 09:35:28 PM »

One of the best uses of dramatic pause that I've ever seen.
naednek
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2008, 12:35:07 AM »

Best series ever!
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2008, 02:18:52 PM »

Quote from: stimpy on November 19, 2008, 09:35:28 PM

No doubt...that was one of the best episodes in 7 seasons I think.  I didn't expect that interview to go down that way - I never expected him to admit to everything.  It was a bit of an 'unburden yourself, Mr. Faust' kinda thing.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 03:40:08 PM »

I'll be surprised if Vic survives the last episode, but now it's just a question of who's going to do it.  Now I'm thinking instead of Shane like I originally thought we're going to see Crowley's brother make a surprise appearance....

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2008, 05:22:09 PM »

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 20, 2008, 02:18:52 PM

No doubt...that was one of the best episodes in 7 seasons I think.  I didn't expect that interview to go down that way - I never expected him to admit to everything.  It was a bit of an 'unburden yourself, Mr. Faust' kinda thing.

I was surprised as well.  Him turning on Ronnie was completely unexpected...even if it was for what he thought was a noble reason.  I just loved Olivia's line, "Do you have any idea what you've just done to me?" after about the 28th admission of a felony.   icon_lol

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2008, 05:27:20 PM »

I thought Laurie Holden did a fantastic job with her reaction when Vick starts off talking about how he killed Terry.  It was really just the perfect "Oh shit, what kind of monster did we just pardon" look. 

Can't wait until next week.  Alas, I figure that Beaver is going to kill Dutch-boy.  And I'm not sure how but I think some kind of extreme negligence on Billings' part will play into it. 
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2008, 05:35:00 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on November 21, 2008, 05:22:09 PM

Quote from: Knightshade Dragon on November 20, 2008, 02:18:52 PM

I was surprised as well.  Him turning on Ronnie was completely unexpected...even if it was for what he thought was a noble reason.  I just loved Olivia's line, "Do you have any idea what you've just done to me?" after about the 28th admission of a felony.   icon_lol

I was expecting him to turn around and say 'forget it', and when he sold Ronnie down the river I actually felt disgusted at him.  Ronnie has had his back this whole time and Vic just hangs him out to dry.  Sure, he did it for his wife, but she's been a major bitch for quite some time.  another thing I'm finding it hard to believe is that he doesn't even suspect her of setting him up with everyone else turning on him.

Because I can,
Kevin Grey
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2008, 05:46:19 PM »

I don't think he just did it for his wife.  Before he saw Corinne at the park I think Vick felt he had a little more time to play with so there was still a chance that they could hold off for a few days and maybe force ICE's hand to get Ronnie a deal too.  He knew the heat was coming from Claudette but until the park scene he didn't know that it was so imminent.  After the park Vic realized he was every bit the fugitive that Shane was and he needed the immunity right at that moment or it would never happen.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 04:45:57 AM »

wow....

spoilers in

Shane finally showed himself to be the coward we all knew he was.  Aceveda pretty much walks away with the mayorship.  Ronnie gets to take the fall for everything.  Vic is stuck in his own hell behind a desk.

I'm surprised Shane and family were the only ones to get offed in the finale.  I was also surprised that the whole series only took place over 3 years.

Because I can,
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 11:09:07 AM »

That was a great finale to a great series.   I thought the end for Mackey was fitting -- free from the law, but he loses everything and everybody he cares about.  I was glad to see the end wasn't a bloodbath of everybody getting offed, although I did expect someone other than just Shane & co. to die.
Ronnie got screwed over pretty bad, but that's just another cross Vic will have to bear in his "freedom".

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
JohnathanStrange

Noted Humanitarian

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2008, 02:36:24 PM »

Ron had it rough all along. I don't know if you all have been watching every episode from Season 1 until now, but Ronnie had virtually NO lines for episodes. I'd started to think he was mute. Then the last season or so, Ron finally gets some speaking scenes and then BAM!

The whole series took place over a period of three years? Somehow that seems both right and wrong. I know that it feels like we've seen a decade's worth of murders, assaults, intrigue, betrayal and character development - and yet, when I start to think about this last season (which, btw, I didn't enjoy nearly as much as earlier seasons, though it's still good), three rollercoaster years also seems right too.

Most shows that I like don't really matter much to me later, but The Shield felt REAL. I wonder about where Dutch is going, grieve for Claudette, doubt that Julian can continue being the "family man" and worry about Vic's family. The show's characters came to life for me. It's only a show but I can't help thinking about Vic destroying everything he wanted to protect: his family, his friends, his job. Other series end and I don't care.  The Shield though at least had an ACTUAL ENDING. Not a cancellation or disappearance as if it had never existed. So that' something.

Shane's actions were just too horrible to comment on.

Vic? Man, letting him getting away - if anyone could REALLY escape the thing's Vic's done, his tiny shrivelled conscience, I think, would gnaw at him and at least spoil his second helping at Denny's - might feel wrong now, but at least it's unambiguous. A dead Vic - he suffers no more and can cause none. A deskbound still working Vic: no no no. Our tale is told. The actors should die or go free. I'm not saying I hated the ending but more like admitting I don't know what I wanted. But it's better than the Sopranos' ending.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 02:47:34 PM by JohnathanStrange » Logged

You just don't give up do you? You seize life by the throat and shake it like a topless bartender mixing a martini! -- Mayor Adam West
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: