http://gamingtrend.com
July 30, 2014, 07:58:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Return of Chef  (Read 1668 times)
unbreakable
« on: March 22, 2006, 12:58:57 AM »

South Park will be bringing Chef back, it seems.I think the best thing they can do is to just replace Isaac Hayes, rather than removing the character.

So, any guesses for what they are going to do?

I vote they replace him with Richard Roundtree.  

I would have said Barry White is a great choice, but since he recently passed away, that isn't very viable.  [edit] doh!  I see Barry was actually thier first choice for the part, but turned it down.
Nth Power
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2006, 01:06:43 AM »

Jim Brown (Mars Attacks) or Fred Williamson (Starsky & Hutch) maybe?

Maybe they won't even get anyone famous.  They just need someone that sounds like Chef and unopposed to the ridicule of Scientology.  smile

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
unbreakable
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2006, 01:12:00 AM »

Actually, getting an Isaac Hayes impersonator would be HILARIOUS!

I'm really kind of hyped to see what they do.  Good times.
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2006, 02:56:06 AM »

According to the word of BSG law..since Chef was a black man they must replace him with an asian female. Im thinking Lucy Lu

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2006, 03:06:05 AM »

Sadam Hussain

Ye Olde Farte
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2006, 03:43:30 AM »

...and they should have an intro in the story with the kids going, "what the hell is wrong with your voice, Chef? Did you get your balls stomped on or something."

"Well, children, sometimes when a man is intimate with a woman, she wants to bring out a ring that you, well, nevermind."

Or something like that.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
markus
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2006, 04:49:47 PM »

I actually heard on the radio this morning that Isaac Hayes came out and said that he didn't say that he will no longer do Chef and that he's not sure where the letter stating that came from.
th'FOOL
Executive Producer and Editor-At-Large

Never whistle while you're pissing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2006, 03:31:58 AM »

Omg that was FUNNY!!!!

Mike Dunn
Executive Producer & Managing Editor, GamingTrend
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2006, 03:36:20 AM »

:shock:

Ye Olde Farte
GGMark

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2006, 06:39:24 AM »

I thought it was funny that they made two points.

Sorry, dont want to spoil anything.

I havent watched South Park in years.  i am glad I made it a point to watch tonight.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2006, 12:05:57 PM »

I only can describe last night's episode like this:

Brilliant and brutal.

A+

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2006, 12:20:11 PM »

Quote from: "GGMark"
I thought it was funny that they made two points.

Sorry, dont want to spoil anything.

I havent watched South Park in years.  i am glad I made it a point to watch tonight.

Hehe, yeah, same here. It was definately a good one.
Destructor
Special Project Group

▲▲▼▼◄►◄►B A Start

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2006, 03:28:11 PM »

You know that Southpark is popular when this episode is talked about in the BBC News (explains the episode).

"All opinions posted are my own, and not those of my employers, who are appalled."
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2006, 07:28:51 PM »

Got to watch the return of chef while at work last night and even tough I'm not a big south park fan (been around 8 years and you're telling me the kids never grew up? they're still in elementary school?) thought the episode was pretty good.

Loved the way they brought Chef to the strip club to try and wake him up and the fat BBW (stiffler I hope you saw it  :wink:) smothered him, good stuff!

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2006, 09:28:13 PM »

Quote from: "corruptrelic"
(been around 8 years and you're telling me the kids never grew up? they're still in elementary school?)

I take it you're not fond of the Simpsons then? They've been kids for what,  going on 17 years now?

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2006, 10:56:06 PM »

take it you're not fond of the Simpsons then?

In the beginning (even when they had a different voice for Homer), loved it. But as years and years go by it just feels like more of the same thing.
I like shows like married with children where bud is just a kid and you watch him grow into an adult over the years.
Of course that wasn't an animated tv show, but personally I just have a hard time enjoying something when you know they should be aging.. I remember one part of South Park where they were supposed to graduate and move on to middle school and I was thinking, hey, about time.. but then something happened and they got sent back to elementary school. FOR 8 YEARS!

Both shows (Simpsons & South Park) can still be fun, but IMO, they've run their course, it's time for something new.
Now Futurama on the other hand..

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2006, 01:34:27 AM »

take it you're not fond of the Simpsons then?

In the beginning (even when they had a different voice for Homer),...

Dan Castellaneta has always been Homer.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2006, 01:42:40 AM »

Yes, Suitably Ironic Moniker is correct.

The idea that Homer Simpson was originally voiced by a different actor seems to be an incredibly widespread and popular urban legend -- I've heard people credit everyone from Ed O'Neill to Matt Groening to Vin Diesel as being the "original" voice of Homer, but it's been Dan Castellaneta from the start.

-Autistic Angel
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2006, 02:21:38 AM »

Quote from: "Autistic Angel"
Yes, Suitably Ironic Moniker is correct.

The idea that Homer Simpson was originally voiced by a different actor seems to be an incredibly widespread and popular urban legend -- I've heard people credit everyone from Ed O'Neill to Matt Groening to Vin Diesel as being the "original" voice of Homer, but it's been Dan Castellaneta from the start.

-Autistic Angel

He even voiced Homer on The Tracey Ullman Show, when they were just short cartoons (read the trivia page and/or the page for the show to verify this).

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2006, 03:17:43 AM »

I think it took him a few seasons to hit his stride with Homers voice, that's why people think it is was another actor doing the voice for awhile.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2006, 04:06:05 AM »

Loved the way they brought Chef to the strip club to try and wake him up and the fat BBW (stiffler I hope you saw it  :wink:) smothered him, good stuff!

My interest is piqued.  I'm going to check it out in a moment!

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2006, 05:10:10 AM »

Quote from: "CeeKay"
I think it took him a few seasons to hit his stride with Homers voice, that's why people think it is was another actor doing the voice for awhile.

Yeah, it happens in animation. They're voice actors, right, not just speaking into the microphone and talking normally. Except for Lisa. And Marge. Anyway, Bender from Futurama sounds different in the pilot than he does in the last episode of season four, for example.

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
tiny ogre
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2006, 07:29:44 AM »

Quote from: "Dafones"
Quote from: "CeeKay"

Yeah, it happens in animation. They're voice actors, right, not just speaking into the microphone and talking normally. Except for Lisa. And Marge. Anyway, Bender from Futurama sounds different in the pilot than he does in the last episode of season four, for example.

I think I recall hearing that he changed the voice once he realized just how much yelling was involved in playing Homer, and that he couldn't yell very well in the other voice.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2006, 09:06:05 PM »

Wow, I'll be damned.. I've just always assumed in the early years of the Simpsons that  Homer was voiced by a different guy.
If you compare one of the first episodes to one of the ones now, you'd assume they had a new guy doing the voice acting.

Bart on the other hand, seems to have always sounded the same.
With the Simpsons around so many years now, I'm kind of curious what the voice actors look like, in particular in Lisa.. I heard a rumor a while back that Bart was actually voiced by a woman.

Futurama, "Peg" from Married with children (probably my favorite tv show ever) you know that voice any day.

stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2006, 09:51:44 PM »

Bart on the other hand, seems to have always sounded the same.
With the Simpsons around so many years now, I'm kind of curious what the voice actors look like, in particular in Lisa.. I heard a rumor a while back that Bart was actually voiced by a woman.

Yeah, Bart is voiced by Nancy Cartwright (who also apparently does the voices of Nelson and some of the other male children.  You can check imdb here, click on the cast member and it will show pics for most of them.  I love that they use the Spinal Tap pic for Harry Shearer. :lol:

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: