http://gamingtrend.com
December 20, 2014, 08:53:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: [movie] Terminator: Genesis + a TV series?  (Read 2791 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 06, 2013, 11:36:11 PM »

the casting search for Sarah Connor continues, plus there may be a TV series like the Agents of Shield tying in with trilogy.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Suitably Ironic Moniker

WAKKA-WAKKA-WAKKA!!!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2013, 12:16:47 AM »

Well, nothing could go wrong with that plan. A Terminator tv show is guaranteed gold.

Patriotism means being loyal to your country all the time and to its government when it deserves it - Mark Twain

3ds friend code: 0001-3352-7186
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 09, 2013, 08:47:08 PM »

apparently the new movie will be called...

Terminator:Genesis

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 09, 2013, 11:44:25 PM »

LOL

Because I can,
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2013, 06:01:55 AM »

Emilia Clark confirmed to play Sarah Connor. 

Because I can,
rshetts2

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 14, 2013, 04:27:05 PM »

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 09, 2013, 08:47:08 PM

Well I guess the Terminator wont be dancing in the new movie.

Can you see the real me? Can ya, CAN YA?
metallicorphan

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 14, 2013, 09:40:46 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on December 14, 2013, 06:01:55 AM

Emilia Clark confirmed to play Sarah Connor. 

while i like the actress,the 'time-spanning story' does not interest me one bit,with john connor being played by a 44 year old..so this film will be littered with flashbacks?

Manchester United Premier League Champions 2013!!

Xbox LIVE:Metallicorphan
Wii:8565 1513 0206 1960
PSN:Metallicorphan
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 14, 2013, 09:40:55 PM »

Quote from: rshetts2 on December 14, 2013, 04:27:05 PM

Quote from: metallicorphan on December 09, 2013, 08:47:08 PM

Well I guess the Terminator wont be dancing in the new movie.

icon_lol

Because I can,
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2014, 06:39:41 PM »

Some news and pics:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2014/10/29/this-weeks-cover-first-look-at-terminator-genisys/
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2014, 05:23:46 PM »

15 second teaser for the trailer tomorrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXn8-meSd8g
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2014, 07:16:28 PM »

Full Trailer

Yeah, this looks bad and will probably hurt the franchise.   

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2014, 07:43:44 PM »

I don't know. It seems like a reboot/alternate/parallel universe story sort of like the Star Trek reboot movies. I was skeptical at first, but I'll give it a chance. It'll either be a flaming wreck of a mess or a pleasant surprise.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2014, 07:48:59 PM »

I have low expectations and I'm easy to please, so I will be watching it day one smile

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2014, 08:07:46 PM »

The effects and overall picture quality were poor, and the story risks being cheesy. Still, it can work, with some luck.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2014, 08:31:19 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 04, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

Full Trailer

Yeah, this looks bad and will probably hurt the franchise.   

The franchise was already in the crapper after the last two movies so why not?

leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2014, 09:31:40 PM »

I thought it looked fun!
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2014, 10:22:26 PM »

I didn't say it doesn't look fun.  I just think they trashed the franchise anyway so I don't mind the full on redo.

I do kind of wonder why Hollywood is hooked on retconnig universes.  This and Star Trek just seem like a trend - rather than new stories in existing universes or new universes it is about rewriting existing universes.  Which seems silly.

Blackjack

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2014, 10:26:14 PM »

While I enjoyed Courtney's work in Spartacus, can Hollywood please stop trying to jam him Jai down our throats as the New Action Star Du Jour? Just reminds me that the late Andy Whitfield probably would've done much better work in movies here had he lived to get the chance.  tear

And please let's have a moratorium on "person hanging from a person hanging from a person, dangling off a bridge or rooftop or helicopter or etc. etc." There has GOT to be a different signature action scene someone can come up with, right?  icon_razz

imho the beauty of the first film (my brother and I did see it when it opened in 1984) is not something you can recapture today. You just can't do this type of film with "practical" FX on a shoestring budget and actually surprise people. You can't get people to go to a Terminator film and wonder, "What is this about it? It's probably terrible," because you don't know what to expect, and then deliver a wonderful experience instead. Now it's just a long in the tooth franchise dragging around too much expectation and hype.

They can reimagine it and reboot it and recast aside from Arnold along with a dozen digital FX houses painting every frame digitally and trying to make Arnold looking young again, but I suspect that's not going to do any better box office than Jonathan Mostow's Terminator 3, which actually did pretty well overseas but nobody afik fondly remembers it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 10:29:28 PM by Blackjack » Logged

Playing
PC
-Wasteland 2 (post-apoc, turn-based squad strategy/RPG )
-Grim Dawn
-Gauntlet (4 player co-op dungeon arcade brawling)
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2014, 10:53:58 PM »

Quote from: Blackjack on December 04, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

While I enjoyed Courtney's work in Spartacus, can Hollywood please stop trying to jam him Jai down our throats as the New Action Star Du Jour? Just reminds me that the late Andy Whitfield probably would've done much better work in movies here had he lived to get the chance.  tear

And please let's have a moratorium on "person hanging from a person hanging from a person, dangling off a bridge or rooftop or helicopter or etc. etc." There has GOT to be a different signature action scene someone can come up with, right?  icon_razz

imho the beauty of the first film (my brother and I did see it when it opened in 1984) is not something you can recapture today. You just can't do this type of film with "practical" FX on a shoestring budget and actually surprise people. You can't get people to go to a Terminator film and wonder, "What is this about it? It's probably terrible," because you don't know what to expect, and then deliver a wonderful experience instead. Now it's just a long in the tooth franchise dragging around too much expectation and hype.

They can reimagine it and reboot it and recast aside from Arnold along with a dozen digital FX houses painting every frame digitally and trying to make Arnold looking young again, but I suspect that's not going to do any better box office than Jonathan Mostow's Terminator 3, which actually did pretty well overseas but nobody afik fondly remembers it.

Exactly how I feel. Sadly, I think the same thing can be applied to the new Star Wars movie as well. Not to say that it won't be a really good movie, but the sense of wonder and magic is near impossible to capture in today's media saturated world.
farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2014, 07:47:34 PM »

A silly recut of the trailer.  Not hilarious but cute end I guess.

rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 16, 2014, 11:21:38 PM »

Quote from: Jimmy the Fish on December 04, 2014, 10:53:58 PM

Quote from: Blackjack on December 04, 2014, 10:26:14 PM

Exactly how I feel. Sadly, I think the same thing can be applied to the new Star Wars movie as well. Not to say that it won't be a really good movie, but the sense of wonder and magic is near impossible to capture in today's media saturated world.

Boy you guys sound pretty cynical.  I understand what you are saying but I think perhaps it's more that you yourselves are older and more jaded.  I think if I were a teenager not too familiar with the franchise (or even not), a well made movie can still recapture a sense of wonder.  It all depends on the quality of the movie.  The Star Trek reboot was a great example of this, mixing familiar and iconic storylines with fresh new twists and artistry.  And even though Guardians is kind of a "new" franchise, it also showed that you can still make an excellent (and fun) space opera movie with good source material, a director with a strong vision, and a great cast.  So there's still hope for Star Wars too.

Plus...  Jai Courtney is so freaking HOT he makes my toes curl, and even though I am the biggest Linda Hamilton fan I know, I'm still excited about having Daenerys play Sarah Connor.  On a side note, isn't it interesting the TV show had Cersei as Sarah...
Jimmy the Fish

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 16, 2014, 11:43:12 PM »

It's not about being cynical. It's about the media saturation everyone has access to from every online source imaginable. In today's world, long before any movie is out, you can find out just about anything and everything about it before setting foot into the theater. I 100% guarantee that the plot of the new Star Wars movie will be leaked/stolen/posted months before anyone will see it. It's this kind of ease of access in media that makes it just about impossible for a movie to come out of nowhere and really surprise people in a magical way that Blackjack was referring to. IMO, people are even conditioned to find out everything they can about a movie before paying to see it. I really doubt a lot of people want to purposely avoid reading/watching anything about a movie in order to just walk in thinking "I wonder what this is about".

I'm not being critical of this attitude, just saying it's a product of today's social media and online saturated world we live in, and it's changed the movie watching attitudes of everyone. Nothing cynical about that.
wonderpug

hmm...

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 16, 2014, 11:48:52 PM »

I purposely avoid reading/watching spoilers about a movie in order to walk in thinking "I wonder what this is about."  If I see enough of a trailer to know I want to see something, I usually avoid all future trailers, don't rewatch the one I saw, and definitely don't go frame by frame looking for hidden details in the trailer.  The best situation is when someone recommends a movie or book to me without telling me anything about it.  I got to watch Primer that way and it made a big difference in my enjoyment.  For books, I recently got to read The Girl With All the Gifts without knowing a thing about the premise.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2014, 12:13:42 AM »

Quote from: wonderpug on December 16, 2014, 11:48:52 PM

I purposely avoid reading/watching spoilers about a movie in order to walk in thinking "I wonder what this is about."  If I see enough of a trailer to know I want to see something, I usually avoid all future trailers, don't rewatch the one I saw, and definitely don't go frame by frame looking for hidden details in the trailer.  The best situation is when someone recommends a movie or book to me without telling me anything about it.  I got to watch Primer that way and it made a big difference in my enjoyment.  For books, I recently got to read The Girl With All the Gifts without knowing a thing about the premise.

Hey Wonderpug, I've got a good movie for you. It's called Audition and it's about a guy trying to find a girlfriend.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2014, 06:12:39 AM »

I'm 100% with Pug, once I know I'm going to see a movie I try to avoid all trailers and media for it, otherwise I'm just spoiling the joy of discovery when I eventually watch it. 

I end up avoiding most of the big movie threads around here after the first page because they quickly devolve into a ton of trailers and screenshots and rumors and things I just don't care to have "ruin" my experience.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2014, 06:43:57 PM »

Quote from: Soulchilde on December 04, 2014, 07:16:28 PM

I NEVER thought I would say this, but color me intrigued.

The idea of a parallel universe all messed up because of the effects of all the time traveling?  Very interedasting.

I'm sure it will suck, but I may actually watch it.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 17, 2014, 07:40:55 PM »

Quote from: Teggy on December 17, 2014, 12:13:42 AM

I purposely avoid reading/watching spoilers about a movie in order to walk in thinking "I wonder what this is about."  If I see enough of a trailer to know I want to see something, I usually avoid all future trailers, don't rewatch the one I saw, and definitely don't go frame by frame looking for hidden details in the trailer.  The best situation is when someone recommends a movie or book to me without telling me anything about it.  I got to watch Primer that way and it made a big difference in my enjoyment.  For books, I recently got to read The Girl With All the Gifts without knowing a thing about the premise.

Hey Wonderpug, I've got a good movie for you. It's called Audition and it's about a guy trying to find a girlfriend.

As a follow up, there's a light hearted, buddy film about a group of college kids traveling through Europe learning about love, life and romance you might like.  It's sort of a cross between the films European Vacation and Road Trip.

It's called Hostel.  Check it out.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rittchard

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 17, 2014, 09:43:48 PM »

I purposely avoid reading/watching spoilers about a movie in order to walk in thinking "I wonder what this is about."  If I see enough of a trailer to know I want to see something, I usually avoid all future trailers, don't rewatch the one I saw, and definitely don't go frame by frame looking for hidden details in the trailer.

Ditto here - except when it's something like Avengers or X-Men and I just can't bear to not know more.  Most recently I took this approach with Interstellar and it worked out really well.  A couple of minor things got leaked/spoiled which diminished the experience but for the most part I got to go in completely without foreknowledge.  In general, I tend to avoid reading reviews of any movie I know I'm going to watch until after I've seen them.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: