http://gamingtrend.com
October 02, 2014, 05:25:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The new X-Play is lame  (Read 546 times)
Teggy
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« on: January 16, 2008, 03:58:00 AM »

I've watched the first 2 shows and they haven't even done a single review yet. With Attack of the Show on right before it, why do they need to do gaming news?  The extended hands-on stuff they have done is pretty cool, but the rest is really just a waste.  G4 ruined the only decent gaming show they had left.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
TheMissingLink

TML, for short.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 04:30:01 AM »

I like it.  It's daily now, it's only 30 min, has up to date news...they've brought in a developer for a game both days now, and it's been informative.  They have an exclusive look at Prototype next Thursday, which is pretty special since it'll be the first chance we get to take a look at gameplay of the game. 

And there haven't been very many games coming out so far this year, what would they be reviewing?

Thumbs up, here.

TheMissingLink on PSN
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 04:52:32 AM »

I haven't seen the newly relaunched X-Play, but I hope they didn't *completely* do away with all their little sketches.  It's true that the majority of them were lame, but it would be worth sitting through another hundred "Grabnar the Wanderer" bits to get another episode like their Halloween Saw parody.

-Autistic Angel
Daehawk

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2008, 05:07:28 AM »

Doh I forgot both of them.

Whats up with G4 anyways? AotS is 90% stupid. They try too hard to be hip and trendy and dont actually tell you anything informative. then old X-Play did way too much console stuff and added in pre pube crap for filler.

Why doesn't G4 make some adult yet cool shows with a serious slant to it. A pc gaming one and a hardware one. I really miss the old Screen Savers with Pat and Leo.

---------------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.

Check my trader rating. Im 22+ and zero negs. Trade with me! smile
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2008, 12:54:58 PM »

I haven't seen it yet, but I will look for a rerun today. I really like attack of the show though I don't watch it that often.
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2008, 01:14:39 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on January 16, 2008, 04:52:32 AM

I haven't seen the newly relaunched X-Play, but I hope they didn't *completely* do away with all their little sketches.  It's true that the majority of them were lame, but it would be worth sitting through another hundred "Grabnar the Wanderer" bits to get another episode like their Halloween Saw parody.

-Autistic Angel

They did a skit in the first show - I don't know how often they will be doing them, though.

My problem with the news is that anyone who reads GT or any other gaming site during the day is likely to know any news they announce well before the show has aired.  For example, their big news item yesterday was that Smash Bros. was delayed. 

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: