http://gamingtrend.com
August 30, 2014, 04:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 31   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Netflix Instant Watch recommendation thread  (Read 60815 times)
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff
Gaming Trend Senior Member

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: December 09, 2010, 03:48:20 PM »

I saw Lost listed on Feedfliks as coming soon earlier this week, I figure I'll toss them in the queue just in case I get time to watch them again.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 09, 2010, 04:40:06 PM »

Happy to hear that the rest of Lost is coming. I've not seen the last season

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Ralph-Wiggum

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 09, 2010, 05:27:17 PM »

I watched The Human Centipede last night. It wasn't nearly as gross as I thought it would be; (TINY SPOILER) you actually don't see all that much.

Spoiler for Hiden:
Plus, only one person shits the whole time? Lame.   icon_wink
stimpy

I'm makin a move!!

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:07 AM »

My question doesnt pertain the Instant Watch, but why is it that when I go to new arrivals under the dvd tab, actual new arrivals dont show up?
I'm sitting here with The Expendables, and it still is nowhere to be found under new arrivals.
Not the first time it's happened, either. Some of the "new arrivals" have been there for weeks, so they are hardly new.
I mean, seriously....Kick-Ass......Daybreakers? Cmon......

Am I missing something?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:01:23 AM by stimpy » Logged
gellar

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 22, 2010, 04:59:42 AM »

I hate, hate, hate the Netflix UI for finding new releases.  It's godawful and always has been.  It HAS to be on purpose.
jament
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 22, 2010, 05:15:56 PM »

Just watched Sebastian Junger's Afghanistan documentary Restrepo last night - amazing movie.  I saw where Exit Through The Gift Shop is also available to stream.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2011, 05:21:45 AM »

Saw another good recently added movie by the title of "Exam". Takes place in the future where 8 job applicants are placed in a room together. The room has 8 desks with 8 pencils. There is a guard in the room. Their instructor gives them a set of rules to follow. If they don't follow the rules they are disqualified. There is a single question they must answer. He starts a timer. 80 minutes are on the clock counting down. He leaves the room but the gaurd remains.

The applicants must figure out how to answer the question with the rules they've been told. It's an interesting process and I didn't feel cheated at all by what developed through the course of the movie. It's not perfect and I wish it went another direction towards the end but it was entertaining. If you liked movies like Cube you'll probably enjoy this one.

I also noticed that some movies were now offering different audio options for streaming (on the PS3 at least). I was hoping for choices between the subtitled/dub audio tracks but it looks like it may just be a choice between stereo and 5.1 tracks right now. It's a start.

USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 10, 2011, 11:49:46 PM »

Once again the wife and I are watching the firefly series, which makes both of us happy and depressed at the same time. 

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 11, 2011, 12:57:00 AM »

good lord kaylee...could that dress be any...

never mind.  i'm good.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2011, 12:59:26 AM »

Yes.  Yes it should could.

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 11, 2011, 01:03:23 AM »

Morena!!!  How could you cut your hair like you did?!?!?!?!??!? crybaby

Because I can,
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 11, 2011, 01:20:50 AM »

And Shepard looks like he's posing for his newest album cover, "I'm Really Pissed...Let's Go to the Disco!".

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Blackhawk
Gaming Trend Reader

?

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 11, 2011, 01:31:07 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 11, 2011, 12:57:00 AM

good lord kaylee...could that dress be any...

Funny, that was my first thought.  Then I was in my bunk.
LoneStarSpur

Glad to be old!

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 12, 2011, 09:07:26 PM »

Since Firefly came up...
Han Solo in Carbonite in every episode(?) of Firefly

Fallin' feels like flyin'. For a little while. - Bad Blake
You're a funny drunk. - my wife
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 16, 2011, 05:15:46 AM »

Saw another pretty decent film titled "Frozen". If you're a skiier then you've probably had a passing thought about what happens in this film. Basically 3 friends at a ski resort get abondond while on the chair lift. It's too far to safely jump and bad weather is coming in. To make things worse the resort won't open again for another 5 days.

It's basically Open Water on a chairlift. It gets a little crazy at times but I was in to it. Whenever the chairlift would stop I would always feel so helpless if it was too far up at the time.
spigot

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: January 16, 2011, 05:20:24 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on January 09, 2011, 05:21:45 AM

Saw another good recently added movie by the title of "Exam". Takes place in the future where 8 job applicants are placed in a room together. The room has 8 desks with 8 pencils. There is a guard in the room. Their instructor gives them a set of rules to follow. If they don't follow the rules they are disqualified. There is a single question they must answer. He starts a timer. 80 minutes are on the clock counting down. He leaves the room but the gaurd remains.

The applicants must figure out how to answer the question with the rules they've been told. It's an interesting process and I didn't feel cheated at all by what developed through the course of the movie. It's not perfect and I wish it went another direction towards the end but it was entertaining. If you liked movies like Cube you'll probably enjoy this one.

I also noticed that some movies were now offering different audio options for streaming (on the PS3 at least). I was hoping for choices between the subtitled/dub audio tracks but it looks like it may just be a choice between stereo and 5.1 tracks right now. It's a start.

I just caught this recently as well. I enjoyed it.

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: January 16, 2011, 05:27:53 AM »

A couple ones I've seen recently and enjoyed:

1) Assassin in Love (with Damian Lewis) - Similar to In Bruges, but not as dark.
2) City Island - Andy Garcia dysfunctional family comedy
3) White on Rice
4) The Amateurs - Jeff Bridges comedy
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:35:22 PM by spigot » Logged

Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #137 on: January 16, 2011, 05:21:56 PM »

Man, this thread is awesome! So much that I didn't know was on there! I'm going to have to force my wife to watch "The Third Man," if only for Orson Welles' magnetic performance.
Chaz

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 16, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »

Watched an interesting documentary about the evils of bottled water last night called Tapped.  It's definitely pushing an agenda, and I think it's not really telling both sides of the story, but it's an interesting watch nonetheless.

spigot

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 16, 2011, 07:33:47 PM »

One thing that bugs me about the 360 version is the recommendations it provides. It will pick movies based on movies that are "like" ones you've seen or rated. Comparatively, when I use PS3 Netflix, I get a lot more unique and different recommendations based on a combination of one or more genres. Thus, I find I'm using the PS3 version a lot more simply because it feels like I'm being exposed to a lot more movies that would never cross my path if I had only used the 360 version.

Gryndyl

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 17, 2011, 01:37:06 AM »

Quote from: Chaz on January 16, 2011, 06:01:15 PM

Watched an interesting documentary about the evils of bottled water last night called Tapped.  It's definitely pushing an agenda, and I think it's not really telling both sides of the story, but it's an interesting watch nonetheless.

I bleieve "Blue Gold" is on insta watch and along very similar lines. Quite good.

Twitter: Slush Pile Tweets
Amazon Author Pages: Horror, Humor
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #141 on: January 17, 2011, 02:31:13 PM »

The Korean movie Chaser. Bring a strong constitution and possibly a barf bag. It was that good.

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 17, 2011, 03:24:50 PM »

Quote from: Crusis on January 17, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

The Korean movie Chaser. Bring a strong constitution and possibly a barf bag. It was that good.

I've been debating that since I saw it show up on instant view.  i'll have to give it a try based on the recommendation.

I spent this weekend watching the english series Skins.  I'm almost ashamed to admit it since it's pretty much a teenage soap opera...but a teen age soap opera with copious amounts of sex and drugs.  For some reason i found it fascinating (although frequently absurd).

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 17, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »

The Spectatcular Spider-Man animated series is pretty cool.  It's based around a young Peter Parker still in high school, and it's probably way better than the upcoming reboot is going to be.  they only have the first season up (it's broken up in volumes so you have to add them all separately), and season 2 isn't up for instant watch yet.   sadly it got canceled after season 2.

Because I can,
Teggy

Eat lightsaber, jerks!

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 17, 2011, 03:53:31 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 17, 2011, 03:24:50 PM

Quote from: Crusis on January 17, 2011, 02:31:13 PM

I've been debating that since I saw it show up on instant view.  i'll have to give it a try based on the recommendation.

I spent this weekend watching the english series Skins.  I'm almost ashamed to admit it since it's pretty much a teenage soap opera...but a teen age soap opera with copious amounts of sex and drugs.  For some reason i found it fascinating (although frequently absurd).

Yeah, Skins is very good if you are up for that sort of thing. I'm still waiting for them post season 4 on IW.

"Is there any chance your jolly Garchomp is female?" - Wonderpug
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 17, 2011, 05:16:36 PM »

I'm waiting for season 2 of The IT Crowd to show up on Netflix. They already have seasons 1, 3 and 4 there so it makes perfect sense that season 2 is absent.

DOSHIGH
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:16 AM »

Quote from: spigot on January 17, 2011, 05:16:36 PM

I'm waiting for season 2 of The IT Crowd to show up on Netflix. They already have seasons 1, 3 and 4 there so it makes perfect sense that season 2 is absent.

Yeah that's a bummer,  I noticed it disappeared after seeing Season 4 show up.  First episode of season 2 is probably my favorite episode of the series so far too.
Crawley

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2011, 05:15:02 PM »

Watched a really good Kung Fu movie - IP Man. I noticed the sequel was out in theaters this week and had a 96% score on Rotten Tomatoes so figured I'd give the original a shot.

The movie has some pretty fantastic fighting sequences. There is a ten man vs one fight sequence that's probably one of the best fight sequences I've seen. The film plot starts out like any typical 70's Kung Fu story might but then throws a curve in to the mix. I found the main character, IP, pretty facisnating and you can't help  but root for him. The plot gets a little heavy handed at times in the melodrama and there is a revision to world history at the end that was a bit strange but hell this is a Kung Fu movie.

This film looks great by the way. You could tell a fair amount of money was spent on this.

So if you like or liked Kung Fu movies this is not one to miss.
theohall

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2011, 09:37:31 PM »

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, 3rd in the series that started with The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, arrived on Instant Watch this weekend.
USMC Kato

I have a bad feeling about this....

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2011, 01:13:33 AM »

Quote from: Crawley on January 29, 2011, 05:15:02 PM

Watched a really good Kung Fu movie - IP Man. I noticed the sequel was out in theaters this week and had a 96% score on Rotten Tomatoes so figured I'd give the original a shot.

The movie has some pretty fantastic fighting sequences. There is a ten man vs one fight sequence that's probably one of the best fight sequences I've seen. The film plot starts out like any typical 70's Kung Fu story might but then throws a curve in to the mix. I found the main character, IP, pretty facisnating and you can't help  but root for him. The plot gets a little heavy handed at times in the melodrama and there is a revision to world history at the end that was a bit strange but hell this is a Kung Fu movie.

This film looks great by the way. You could tell a fair amount of money was spent on this.

So if you like or liked Kung Fu movies this is not one to miss.

If any of you are Donnie Yen fans, you just have to add this to your instant queue. 

Flash Point http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn5KsxyxaDo

Semper Fidelis

Gamertag: USMC Kato
PSN ID: USMC_Kato
Gamecenter ID: USMC Kato
Wii U Nintendo ID: USMC_Kato
Freezer-TPF-

First in war and peace, second in the NL East.

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: February 02, 2011, 07:07:52 PM »

I watched Sunshine Cleaning last night.  It's a decent little indie film with Amy Adams, Emily Blunt, and Alan Arkin.

I'm sure it's already been mentioned.

Signature on file at the county clerk's office.
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 02, 2011, 08:59:00 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 02, 2011, 01:45:09 PM

Quote from: Wargus on February 01, 2011, 06:03:03 AM

Tokyo Gore Police!
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: February 03, 2011, 03:03:31 AM »

I think it is also fitting to mention Groundhog Day today.  Especially as this blizzard sweeps across the nation and we inevitably get stuck in a small town destined to live the same day over and over...

Sandwiches do fix everything.
spigot

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 06, 2011, 07:26:45 PM »

Jennifer Aniston movies generally annoy me, but I caught one last night called Management that was pretty good. It also had Steve Zahn in it, whom I always find entertaining.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 08, 2011, 08:25:57 PM »

Vice Travel Guides are on instant view.   Don't know if this is a recent development or not, but you owe it to yourself to at least watch the guides to Liberia and/or North Korea.  Those guys have cajones the size of the Brooklyn Bridge...

CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 08, 2011, 08:32:17 PM »

Did they do away with the 'recently watched' tab on the 360?  The last couple of nights it hasn't been there at all when I sign in.

Because I can,
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #156 on: February 08, 2011, 08:34:35 PM »

I just finished watching The Kill Point series on Instant Watch.  Apparently it was a limited TV series (8 episodes) about a bank heist and the aftermath.  Not a bad show, and it was nice knowing that the whole thing was planned to come to a conclusion.  It basically just felt like an extended movie.

I also watched Kevin Smith's Too Fat for 40 last night, and that was entertaining.  If you've enjoyed An Evening With Kevin Smith or the other one, you know about what to expect here just with new stories and anecdotes.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 10:54:44 PM by EngineNo9 » Logged

EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #157 on: February 08, 2011, 08:35:15 PM »

Quote from: CeeKay on February 08, 2011, 08:32:17 PM

Did they do away with the 'recently watched' tab on the 360?  The last couple of nights it hasn't been there at all when I sign in.

I noticed mine disappeared on my PS3 for a day over the weekend, and then it came back.  No idea what's going on with that thing, but possibly it is server query related.

hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 08, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on February 08, 2011, 08:34:35 PM

I just finished watching The Kill Pit series on Instant Watch.

Kill POINT?

Zekester

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 08, 2011, 09:52:04 PM »

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 02, 2011, 08:59:00 PM

Quote from: PR_GMR on February 02, 2011, 01:45:09 PM

Quote from: Wargus on February 01, 2011, 06:03:03 AM

Tokyo Gore Police!

Thats disturbing

icon_confused

I am....Migaloo
Rest in Peace, Nan & Star