http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 09:39:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: the nerve of some people.  (Read 1865 times)
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« on: April 12, 2005, 08:40:15 PM »

so we got our deposit check back from our landlord today. that in itself was uneventful.. the interesting part was the card that came with the check. it was written by our landlord's wife. she's from russia and we had some...personality conflicts with her during our stay at our old rental which i think i've mentioned before. here's what she wrote to my wife....

Juanita,

being a complete stranger who met you purely by chance and being a stranger in your country i'd like to take a liberty and tell you that you need to be more giving, even to poeople who are not closest to you. it is not right just to take and in the long run, it will not make you a nicer person. humility and dignity goes together.

p.s. i am referring to the situation with the sale of your house It was very telling and the way you handled things made me very sad-sad for you.

http://www.grandtheftblogger.com

XBOX Live! Gamer Tag: jessthelaw
ChaoZ
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:49:38 PM »

Without more info on the personality conflicts, I can't judge.

Maybe in your landlords culture, they are more forward in saying what they think?
gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2005, 10:32:29 PM »

Quote from: "ChaoZ"
Without more info on the personality conflicts, I can't judge.

Yeah, it would be better if you could have given a brief rundown on what went on before first, then posted the part about the card.

I'm not singling you out, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone writes something in a thread, requiring knowledge of something written in another thread.  Basically, everything needed to understand the situation should be self contained in the current thread.

Otherwise I'm left thinking "the nerve of some people, assuming I'm keeping track of the all the information they post in all their threads".   Tongue
Doopri

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2005, 11:22:12 PM »

well, is your wife a bitch? smile
Xmann

Ironman in training

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 01:14:37 AM »

ouch

Ascendent

Have love, will travel..

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2005, 03:13:25 AM »

Can't believe you said that  :shock:  eeek

Ascendent
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2005, 02:35:29 PM »

Jessie -

Being a complete stranger who clicked on this thread purely out of idle curiosity, I'd like to take a liberty and tell you that you need to be more forthcoming about things which have been posted in other threads, even for people who are not closest to you.  It is not right just to vaguely allude to rancorous personality clashes without offering up all the juicy details.  It will not make you a nicer person; humility and dignity go together.

-Autistic Angel

P.S.  I'm the person who bought your house.  It really was very telling, and the way you handled things make me mad-mad at you.
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 03:06:57 PM »

first of all....my wife isn't a bitch.  are you an asshole?

i think this all stems from the fact that we wouldn't jump through fiery hoops to vacate the house.  we were renting. they gave us 30 days notice to vacate since they were selling the house.  we found out that we had the right to 60 days (state law that if you're a tennant of a property for one year or longer, you have the right to 60 days, not 30) and advised them of that.  we told them it may or may not take that long to find a new place, but we'd like the peace of mind to take as long as we needed to.

after this happened, we started getting requests to show the house.  not just show the house, but to have open houses on weekends.  they told us about this and asked us to vacate the house...on the weekends...so they could hold them.  we did it once, but then refused when they requested to hold a second open house.  sorry, but it's a weekend. and it's not much of a weekend when you have to be away from home.  again, we checked our rights and we have the right to refuse our landlord access after 5pm on weekdays and anytime on the weekend.  so we did.

after that, we didn't really talk to them on the phone.  instead, her husband would send us emails like the one below.  he was always very polite and seemed to be uncomfortable with the situation.

HOPEFULLY THE OPEN HOUSE SHOWINGS ARE OVER AND BEHIND US ALL.
WE WILL BE RECEIVING OFFERS FOR REVIEW SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 6TH. IF YOU SHOULD
LOCATE A NEW HOME AND HAVE AN IDEA WHEN YOU'LL BE MOVING BY THE END OF THE
DAY ON THE 6TH, IT WOULD BE HELPFUL TO KNOW YOUR PROJECTED MOVE OUT DATE.
IF YOU HAVEN'T LOCATED A NEW PLACE AND DON'T HAVE A MOVE OUT DATE THAT'S
QUITE OK. IT WOULD JUST BE HELPFUL TO KNOW HOW THINGS ARE GOING IN THAT
DEPARTMENT.

yes, he typed in all caps.  

and that's about it.  a few more emails after that asked the same question...when are you guys moving etc.  since we left, he sent us a couple giving us an update on our deposit.  we hadn't heard or spoke to his wife in 2 months.  *shrug*

HankRaptor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2005, 03:54:01 PM »

Some people type in ALL CAPS all the time.  I wouldnt be too offended by that is he older? And he was NOT nasty, in fact he says its QUITE OK if you havent located new living quarters as of yet.

The note was a bit much, sounds like the woman cant let things go in life.

Put yourself in the position of a landlord. It is VERY uncomfortable on them too. They have to ask you to make THEIR house availalbe so they can sell it, you are just RENTING the property, its not easy.

That was a bit bizarre though.

Wii Number 6291 3315 9378 1013
360- HankRaptor
PSN- HankRaptor
Crispin sees what you are doing and he is NONE TOO PLEASED.
Dafones

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2005, 05:29:00 PM »

Yeah, sounds like it sucks on both ends. I mean, let's be honest, open houses generally are on weekends - that's when buyers aren't working and have the opportunity to look around. It's unfortunate that a weekend open house would mean booting you guys out for a day. Ah, maybe the best means of doing it would have been if they had given you tickets to a game or paid for a little day trip somewhere or something to get you out of the house, since they had no right to ask you to get out on a weekend, but understandably wanted you to. Coulda-woulda-shoulda.

The caps-laden email just sound like a foolish older gentleman, not an asshole. The card, however, was unnecessary. By this point, you'd hope that both parties could go, "ait, all this crap's over with. House is sold, you guys gotta new place - let's beer bong it and call it a day."

Now Playing: GTA - San Andreas [PS2]
Yoshi's Island DS [DS]
jessie
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2005, 05:56:24 PM »

like i said, the husband was always polite and kind to us.  i had no problem with the emails he was sending at all.

farley2k

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2005, 06:07:29 PM »

Well, I bet you feel lucky you are moved! smile

Seems like a cultural thing, I don't think she meant to be nasty any more than you did.  After all from her side you guys were pretty rude.  You made it very hard for them to sell the house since weekend showings are by far the way most people look at homes.  

I don't think you were wrong - legally but when people start pulling out the technicallities of the law well usually that isn't very helpful.  Basically you refused to compromise and help them out - which you were within your rights to do - but it isn't very nice either.

gameoverman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2005, 07:02:31 PM »

After reading the new info, I feel that a couple of things are obvious.

Number one, they tried to cheat you out of 30 days, that alone costs them any consideration or attempts at compromise.  They are landlords, it's on them to be aware of how many days you have.   So it wasn't a case of "oops, I didn't know it was 60 days", it's more a case of "let's tell them 30 days and see if they fall for it".

Second, based on that card and the above, I think it's fairly obvious that if there were any legal 'technicalities' they could have used on you, they would have.  So I think it was wise of you to use the options the law gives you.

Lastly, if I was in their position and my tenants mentioned the 60 days, I'd plan on it being the full 60 days.  It's annoying that they'd keep asking you 'when are you moving?'.  If you moved before the 60 days were up- great!  However, as far as they are concerned, the move out day is on the 60th day.   That way, they have a definite day they can plan on and you don't get bothered with annoying questions- win/win for everyone.

I agree with the idea that they should have treated you all to some activity in exchange for a day on the weekend for an open house. That's also a win/win for everyone.  However, based on their attitudes, especially the wife, I'd be shocked if the idea even crossed their minds.
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2005, 07:17:18 PM »

I think I'd send a reply along these lines:

Dear Russian Rent-a-Bitch-Bride,

Since you are a stranger in my country, let me help you adjust you to the USA.  I'd like to take liberty and tell you that you need to shut your pie hole.  In fact, I will...shut your friggin' pie hole.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
morlac

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2005, 07:47:36 PM »

Quote from: "Blackadar"

Since you are a stranger in my country, let me help you adjust you to the USA.  I'd like to take liberty and tell you that you need to shut your pie hole.  In fact, I will...shut your friggin' pie hole.

:shock:       :twisted:       :lol:

morlac00 on PSN
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2005, 08:22:16 PM »

Quote from: "morlac"
Quote from: "Blackadar"

:shock:       :twisted:       :lol:

I'm evil...

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2005, 10:33:19 PM »

In Communist Russia, the house sells you!  Tongue
CrayolaSmoker

Sponge Bath Slut

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2005, 10:58:10 PM »

Quote from: "Turtle"
In Communist Russia, the house sells you!  Tongue

WHAT A COUNTRY!

Wii: 1429 3414 0674 4114 | 360: CrayolaSmokerGT
smokingcrayolas.net | surrogacy blog
dbt1949

Don't tread on me

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2005, 12:56:36 AM »

JUst try and ignore her and her husband from now on. Any other kind of closure you will probably be regretting later on.
Of course if you're like me you'll come up with the perfect rebuttal......2 years later!  :?

Ye Olde Farte
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: