http://gamingtrend.com
August 22, 2014, 06:27:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo  (Read 2012 times)
gellar
Gaming Trend Senior Member

I'm a dolphin!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 02:02:12 AM »

Oh right forgot to post here.  Great movie.  Really awesome adaptation of the book.  Miles better than the Swedish version which I stopped watching about 10 minutes into.
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 08:38:38 PM »

Still need to see this.  I actually enjoyed the foreign version and thought that Rapace was amazing, but I have not read the source material, nor do I plan on ever doing so. 

On a side note, why do some actresses and actors who get award worthy roles feel the need to then crap all over the stuff they had to do earlier to pay the bills/get experience?   She appears to be dissin' her earlier tv work too as she's also said some disparaging stuff about Law and Order: SVU.  It just comes across as petty and egotistical if you continuously do it.

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 08:44:38 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 03, 2012, 08:38:38 PM

I have not read the source material, nor do I plan on ever doing so. 

How come? The books are excellent reads
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 08:47:41 PM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 03, 2012, 08:44:38 PM

Oh, that's not a knock against the books at all.  it's just that I've got so many books in my backlog that I doubt I'd ever have time.  Too many books, too little time.   icon_wink

I just got around to working my way through the Richard Matheson complete short story collection about 2 months ago.  I've had those for years and I always thought I had read most of them...turns out that the man was so damn prolific that I hardly touched the bulk of his work all these years.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:49:16 PM by hepcat » Logged

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
Autistic Angel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 09:20:51 PM »

One of these things is not like the others.  Which one is different, do you know?  Can you tell which thing is not like others?  I'll tell you if it is so!

Quote from: Digital Spy
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo actress played Nancy Holbrook in the 2010 horror film remake, a part which she confessed that she deliberately tried to sabotage her chances of getting during the audition process.

"You kind of learn to self-sabotage with things you don't want to get. Sometimes you don't want to get something but you do a really good job and you get in anyway," Mara told Entertainment Weekly.

"That's kind of [what happened] with A Nightmare on Elm Street - I didn't even really want it. And then I went in [to audition] and I was like, [whispering] 'F**k. I definitely got that'."

Mara recently slammed her appearance on Law & Order: SVU, calling it "awful" and "stupid", though she later clarified the insult.

Quote from: Yahoo! Movies
"God, I really wish I could go loose on this one," [Megan Fox] said when asked about her most and least favorite parts when it comes to working with [Michael Bay]. "He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation."

And Megan's comparisons don't stop with just the 19th century dictator.

"He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is. So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward," Megan continued. "He has no social skills at all. And it's endearing to watch him. He's vulnerable and fragile in real life and then on set he's a tyrant."

Quote from: The New York Daily News
The "Incredible Hulk" star [Edward Norton] has released a calm statement to his fans on Facebook in response to reports that he will not reprise his role as the Hulk for "The Avengers."

"I am so appreciative of the outpouring of support from fans of the Hulk and The Avengers that I feel it would be rude not to respond," his statement reads.

The 40-year-old actor added that it was not for want of trying that he didn't nab the role of Bruce Banner, which he first played in 2008.

"I sincerely hoped it could happen and be great for everyone, but it hasn't turned out as well as we hoped," he wrote. "I know this is disappointing to many people and that makes me sad."

Norton concluded that he is "very sincerely grateful to Marvel for extending the offer and even more so for giving me the chance to be a part of the Hulk's long and excellent history."

-Autistic Angel
TiLT

Preaching to the choir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2012, 09:40:16 PM »

Quote from: Autistic Angel on January 03, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

One of these things is not like the others.  Which one is different, do you know?  Can you tell which thing is not like others?  I'll tell you if it is so!

I know! I know! The last one is different because it's about a role someone didn't get instead of a role they actually played.

But that's not the answer you were looking for, is it? Tongue The last quote is a very different situation from the others in any case, though whining is never charming.
EddieA

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2012, 09:45:04 PM »

According to a Sony rep they're still going ahead with the sequel.

"Why did the chicken cross the Mobius strip?  To get to the same side."  - The Big Bang Theory
leo8877

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2012, 09:59:00 PM »

Quote from: EddieA on January 03, 2012, 09:45:04 PM

Great!
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2012, 01:09:25 AM »

Quote from: leo8877 on January 03, 2012, 09:59:00 PM

Quote from: EddieA on January 03, 2012, 09:45:04 PM

Great!

+10!
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2012, 01:12:21 AM »

Quote from: hepcat on January 03, 2012, 08:47:41 PM

Quote from: rickfc on January 03, 2012, 08:44:38 PM

Oh, that's not a knock against the books at all.  it's just that I've got so many books in my backlog that I doubt I'd ever have time.  Too many books, too little time.   icon_wink

I just got around to working my way through the Richard Matheson complete short story collection about 2 months ago.  I've had those for years and I always thought I had read most of them...turns out that the man was so damn prolific that I hardly touched the bulk of his work all these years.

I would highly recommend you make time for the Millenium trilogy even if it's not in the immediate future. Once the books hit their stride, they're hard to put down. I read the second half of the third book in one night as I couldn't find a good spot to stop.
kratz

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 05, 2012, 05:10:05 AM »

I went to the movie again tonight.  Still great.

Although, and I meant to mention this in my last post about it, the opening titles are just awful and out of place... it was like I was going to Mission Impossible or a Bond movie... I totally don't get what they were going for with those.
rickfc

Why so serious?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2012, 08:48:06 PM »

Quote from: kratz on January 05, 2012, 05:10:05 AM

Although, and I meant to mention this in my last post about it, the opening titles are just awful and out of place... it was like I was going to Mission Impossible or a Bond movie... I totally don't get what they were going for with those.

About the opening sequence
PR_GMR

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2012, 09:10:01 PM »

I went to the movie again tonight.  Still great.

Glad someone pointed this out. Though I love Trent Reznor's soundtrack to this film, the opening title sequence really felt out of place. It was like I was about to watch a gothic horror film. I like the track just fine (Karen O rawks!).. but it just didn't fit.
disarm

my moral standing is lying down...

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 06, 2012, 01:15:12 AM »

Quote from: rickfc on January 05, 2012, 08:48:06 PM

About the opening sequence

That's a pretty interesting explanation.  While I did pick up on some of that imagery in the theater, even as a recent reader of the books I don't think I would have ever figured it all out on my own.  I do think it was a very bold and interesting way to open the movie, but it may have been a bit too overthought and obscure for most people understand, making it seem really out of place given the style and pace of the rest of the film.  That said, I personally think it was a pretty cool montage and did a great job of catching my attention from the start.

*Gamertag - disarm78*
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V
hepcat

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2012, 02:42:09 AM »

Finally saw this during this weekend's movie orgy.  I liked it, but I think reading interviews with the lead actress has made it difficult for me to actually like her.  I find her so negative and full of herself that I can't seem to set that prejudice aside when she's onscreen.  I can't really think of anyone else I take such an instant dislike to, to be honest.  I know it's completely unfair, but I can't help myself. 

Aside from that, it's quite good.  Any chance to watch Plummer is a welcome one.  And as much as I dislike Mara, I like craig as much. 

The cinematography was fantastic too.  I thought the original did a great job with making snow and cold almost a tertiary character.  Fincher has done the same, thankfully.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: