http://gamingtrend.com
September 02, 2014, 07:30:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Dark Tower - No Spoilers Please  (Read 728 times)
whiteboyskim
Senior Staff Writer
Gaming Trend Senior Member

Hard partier

View Profile
« on: December 08, 2004, 04:03:34 PM »

Since I'm absolutely not going into the Spoiler thread, I wanted to ask a couple of questions. I read the first three books well over 10 years ago, and haven't touched them since. I got the fourth book when it came out but figured I'd wait. As such, I've been waiting for a long frickin' time. smile Anyway, I have 1-6 now and hopefully will get 7 come Christmas, but I wanted to know a coupe of things:

1) Have the books themselves aged well? How have they held up over the years?

2) What is the links that shows which other books relate to the series? The links was once posted at Gone Gold, but I lost it then the site died. Basically, it was a link that showed which of King's books related to the series and how they related. I also wonder whether some of them are required reading to get the most out of the books.

As I said, this is not meant for spoiler territory, just basic questions. Thanks!

Behold the glory of my new blog!
Filmmaking is vision plus faith plus balls, all 3 of which Hollywood knows little about.
Crusis

Horror hack extraordinaire

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2004, 05:40:10 PM »

Cool Thread!

Been a reader of DT for a long time.  Book 4 goes back to Roland's early days and is one of my all time favorite books.  Since he took ages between books I believe that book 4 gets you back up to speed quickly.

Book 5 I did not enjoy as much as I hoped I would.  It's basically a retelling of the Magnificent 7 or similar movies where cowboys ride into town and help the people get ready for an army of bad guys that are coming.  It took me several restarts to get through this book - can't quite place my finger on why I found it so boring.

Book 6 (which I am almost done with) is a great read, really there are some parts taht are so original they will blow your mind.  Since we don't like spoilers I ain't saying a word.  Trust me, this book is simply crazy!

Book 7 is a massive tome that is waiting to be read.  I may get to it today as a matter of fact since I have 5 days off.

-Crusis

I get paid to write books. It's a thing. http://timothywlong.com
ericb

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2004, 06:16:58 PM »

The books have aged well.  If you want the truly latest experience then make sure to get the re-released books 1-4 where King made slight changes to bring them in line with the 5-7 series.  Not much but enough to notice especially in the first book.

No idea of that link...sorry.  One very good site that may have that link is:

http://www.thedarktower.net/

Fan run with an active forum.  They go into detail and link references more than you would believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: