http://gamingtrend.com
October 23, 2014, 10:14:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Bush Boom is officially over!  (Read 982 times)
unbreakable
« on: March 03, 2006, 11:39:35 PM »

After much nail-biting and worry, I was informed yesterday that I would, indeed, become a bonafide employee where Im working at (rather than a contract employee).

After years of being unemployed, it feels good to finally be able to spend money without feeling guilty.  One nice thing, I have a few thousand saved which I was socking away for rent in case I didnt get hired.  So now I have a bit of money to buy furniture and get some other purchases I've been putting off (like some new clothes and stuff).

Pretty big turn around from a year ago.
Scoop20906
Gaming Trend Senior Member

You can't ignore me!!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 12:31:14 AM »

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!  biggrin

The Gone Gold Effect has a strong influence on the weak minded ...
GamerTag: Scoop20906
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 12:38:09 AM »

Congrats!  It's always nice to have solid employment.  Now go treat yourself to something to celebrate!

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
unbreakable
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2006, 01:34:23 AM »

I was considering going and grabbing a nice dinner, but at 11pm my choices were kind of limited, and I still had to work the next day.  It ended up being just another night, but maybe I'll go grab a few beers before heading home tonight, just to get a bit mellow.  After I went off my antibiotics and was able to drink again, I still haven't really had much alcohol.  It wasn't like I had much to celebrate, and overindulging in a depressant wasn't exactly a wise thing, considering fairly recent... situations.

Back when I had my interview here, I was feeling really good so went and had dinner at a Cuban restaurant I had always wanted to try (Cafe Bolero, if anyone in Chicago wants to try it out).  I had some goat!  It was really good, but I was tasting garlic for the next two days (which isn't exactly a bad thing so long as you aren't dating anybody.  And like garlic, of course).  I had gone there a few times before, but just with friends and to listen to the band.

Now I can get a lot of other stuff straightened out too.  I went through most of my old papers before I moved, and either sorted them or threw them out.  That took several days  :oops:  The nice thing about moving into a smaller place is it forces me to get rid of stuff I don't need, and organize stuff I do.

WOOO.  It's so much easier to breathe now that I don't have the rent thing to worry about!
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2006, 01:54:33 AM »

Awesome news, congrats.  Get yourself something nice with the moolah!  Update your PC maybe?

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
unbreakable
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2006, 01:59:08 AM »

I was considering it earlier this year when I was planning on being hired on Jan 1, but I think I'll wait.  The whole controversy on whether the next wave of DVD drives might not work with non-OEM computers has me a bit concerned, especially since I tend to have my PCs for several years, and just upgrade parts and whatnot.

Plus I'm not a big fan of the Elder Scrolls games, so Oblivion provides no incentive to update anything.  WoW runs fine on my rig!
Devil

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2006, 03:17:46 AM »

Congrats!

XBox Gamertag: Devil13Devil
Wii Number: 0305 6568 6417 2609
PS3 Thing: Slived
warning

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2006, 03:28:12 AM »

Coolness!  Welcome to the world of the employed.
hitbyambulance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2006, 07:24:56 AM »

Quote from: "unbreakable"
he whole controversy on whether the next wave of DVD drives might not work with non-OEM computers has me a bit concerned,

where can i read more about this??
unbreakable
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2006, 11:14:36 PM »

darn I wish you would have asked a while ago.  I can't remember where I read the article at.

I'm searching around right now, seeing if I can get a link up.

[edit] wow, that was harder to find than I thought. The Great HDCP Fiasco
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: