http://gamingtrend.com
November 26, 2014, 05:57:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Boondocks is really funny!  (Read 659 times)
TheMissingLink
Gaming Trend Senior Member

TML, for short.

View Profile
« on: August 01, 2006, 01:18:41 PM »

I wasn't a real big fan, had watched maybe one full episode and bits & snippets of a few others...but my Birthday was coming up and my friend was having a hard time thinking of a gift for me:

Friend: "Whadda want?"

TML: "I dunno."

Friend: "No, seriously, what do you want?"

TML: "I have no idea."

Friend: "I'm not getting you a gift certificate!!  Tell me what you want!!"

TML: *remembers watching the R. Kelly episode of the Boondocks the other night*  "Okay...how about season 1 of the Boondocks?"

And I watched the first disc tonight and wow, couldn't stop watching it.  All 5 episodes were great!!  I thought they were going to keep the censor-box when Grandpa was doing his tae-bo...boy was I wrong.   :lol:

The artwork is beautiful, and definitely unique to this sort of cartoon.  I really enjoy the dynamic between the two brothers, Riley and Huey.  There were MANY laugh-out-loud moments in the episodes I watched tonight, and I rarely laugh at television shows.  Samuel L. Jackson voicing a white guy really turned that episode into a classic.  They throw a part from Pulp Fiction in there which was really, really funny.

If you're looking for a smart, well-written and thought-provoking show, Netflix The Boondocks.

I'm pretty sure Soulchilde agrees with me (what with the Riley Freeman avatar and all), but are there any other fans of the series?

TheMissingLink on PSN
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:21:38 PM »

I've seen bits and pieces of a couple of episodes and LOL'd.  I definitely did a doubletake when I heard Samuel Jacksons voice coming out of a white guy.  I'll probably end up buying season 1 after I get my current backlog down to manageable proportions.

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 03:13:44 PM »

I love the strip but have never seen the show.  Is the show exactly like the strip?

Or is it dirty with swearing and naughty bits and stuff?
Soulchilde

You and I have unfinished business

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 03:31:04 PM »

I LOVE the show.  My avatar if you notice is Riley here and Huey over at OO.

It certainly isn't kid stuff and if you are a fan of Chris Rock and Dave Chappelle typr of comedy then I ighly recommend the show and series

Quote from: Devil on January 12, 2007, 01:14:38 AM

NiM$
depward

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 03:32:37 PM »

I was a bit grossed out when that older father dude was working out and his wee-wee was showing.  I don't want to see THAT!

depward on the Playstation Network
raaaaaawwwwwwr on Xbox Live
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 05:52:21 PM »

Is that the cartoon where one of the black guys went around preaching "Praise white jesus!"
I was up late at night and happened to spin by it and can't remember the name of the cartoon, but I think it was the boondocks.

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Big Jake

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 06:06:04 PM »

The Return of the King episode was the best moment in all of cable last year.  Whoever did MLK's voice for the climactic speech should at least get an emmy or something.  The lilt (half shout/half preach) was perfect. I almost will have to pick the DVD up.

Oh, and his episode about the REAL Thugalicious is one of the funniest, gruesomest deconstructions of the 'gangsta' prototype.  I love Riley's total horror when he sees the proof that Thugalicious is gay. :lol:

The price of great bacon is eternal vigilance.
stiffler

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 08:13:58 PM »

I almost bought this today.  I might have to make a return trip.

Xbox Live Gamertag: cstiffler
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: