http://gamingtrend.com
October 22, 2014, 03:00:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Blackest of Fridays  (Read 1168 times)
spigot
Gaming Trend Senior Member

All of the bacon and eggs you have.

View Profile
« on: November 23, 2006, 01:57:16 AM »

So who's braving the infamous post-Thanksgiving pre-Christmas retail sales day known as Black Friday? If so, where?

Black Fridays used to be fun, but I guess I'm older now because I can't muster up the enthusiasm to go out at the break of dawn to fight raving lunatics. It's getting worse and worse every year now with people are actually camping outside and stores opening up at 12am on Friday. Sigh...

XBL GamerTag: RoboSim
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 02:03:26 AM »

I'm considering getting NWN2 at that price...but...man...I dont know that its worth it.
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 02:14:20 AM »

Quote from: spigot on November 23, 2006, 01:57:16 AM

So who's braving the infamous post-Thanksgiving pre-Christmas retail sales day known as Black Friday? If so, where?

Black Fridays used to be fun, but I guess I'm older now because I can't muster up the enthusiasm to go out at the break of dawn to fight raving lunatics. It's getting worse and worse every year now with people are actually camping outside and stores opening up at 12am on Friday. Sigh...

Never have done one, and never will.  I can't believe stores still do this, most of the shit they lose money on, and 99% of those fucks standing in line never buy anything else before they leave.  Really really lame idea.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Nth Power

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 02:15:19 AM »

Blech...I stay away from all those crazy shoppers.  I'm sleeping in on Friday.   

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities" -Voltaire
XBL gamertag: NthPowr
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 02:51:31 AM »

Not me.  I would rather pay full price any other day of the week then mess with that cluster.

I am Xboxalot on Live.
VynlSol

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 03:01:56 AM »

I'm with mikeg on this one. However my wife & daughters will be adding to the cluster.
corruptrelic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 03:16:19 AM »

I was thinking about heading to Circuit City or CompUSA for a deal on a computer but if it's anything like it was last year here in South Florida, people were parking cars all over curbs for miles (literally) I don't think I want to deal with that either, got enough stress in my life from working at a jail.  icon_biggrin

"A gladiator does not fear death. He embraces it. Caresses it. Fucks it. Every time he enters the arena, he slides his cock into the mouth of the beast."
Gratch

GO UTES!!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 03:35:28 AM »

Quote from: mikeg on November 23, 2006, 02:51:31 AM

Not me.  I would rather pay full price any other day of the week then mess with that cluster.

+ a million

Having worked retail at a few Black Friday's (at Office Max), I can only assume there is something that happens that day which causes people to completely lose any shred of humanity and revert to base animalistic behaviors.   Black Friday brings out some of the most ridiculous and disgusting behavior I have ever seen in adults.

“My next great decision is just lying in wait.
The action might turn out to be the world's most grievous mistake."
- Bad Religion, Past is Dead
Kobra

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 03:52:36 AM »

Does anyone else lock themselves down in their house this coming weekend?  I have found the following if I go out this coming weekend;

1)  Traffic is fucked up.
2)  People are assholes x2
3) *EVERY* store is packed.
4) *EVERY* place to eat out is packed.

Therefore, my personal plans this week/weekend are to at most, go to the local BB to pick drop off some sleeves and pick up some movies.  Then lock myself in the comfort of our home and weather the storm.  Play games, board/computer/console, watch some movies, if it is nice outside maybe shoot some hoops.  Not to mention save $$$ in the process.

All truth goes through three stages: first it is ridiculed: then it is
violently opposed: finally it is accepted as self evident. - Schopenhauer
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 05:02:47 AM »

Normally I hate going out on Black Friday, but this year Best Buy has an LCD monitor on sale that is too good to pass up, and I've been looking at getting one recently.  I'll be getting a few other items too.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Laner

Badassfully

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 05:23:43 AM »

I'm going to see The Lion King with the family on Friday evening, but other than that, I plan on staying as far away from the mall as possible.
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 06:38:40 AM »

Well i have to admit that I will be crazy and camp out at BB for a tv and camera.  I know I am CRAZY but I want these items and will be saving myself about $400-500 (320 alone on the tv)........

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Calvin

President of G.R.O.S.S.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 07:11:49 AM »

Quote from: papasmurff on November 23, 2006, 06:38:40 AM

Well i have to admit that I will be crazy and camp out at BB for a tv and camera.  I know I am CRAZY but I want these items and will be saving myself about $400-500 (320 alone on the tv)........
Why dont you try to buy the camera online? A bunch of the deals are up already.

Another idea-for doorbuster items, cant you just buy the tv tomorrow and then take the receipt there friday and get the difference refunded?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 07:16:53 AM by Calvin » Logged
papasmurff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 09:24:09 AM »

Quote from: Calvin on November 23, 2006, 07:11:49 AM

Quote from: papasmurff on November 23, 2006, 06:38:40 AM

Why dont you try to buy the camera online? A bunch of the deals are up already.

Another idea-for doorbuster items, cant you just buy the tv tomorrow and then take the receipt there friday and get the difference refunded?

Well I just looked online and that is a big no on buying something online.  No discount, the camera is $300.  I actually talked to the guy at BB a little while back and asked if they would price match and they said that they wouldn't on any of the 7 hr specials which is from 5a-noon.  I could probably do that with the camera and memory card though.....  that is a thought

Gaming Tag: papa smurff 4
Blackadar

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 12:42:44 PM »

My true Thanksgiving is on Friday.  I have to go to the in-laws today, and my M-I-L can't cook.  So my wife makes me a good Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow.

Raise the bridge! I have an erection!
unbreakable
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 01:20:15 PM »

The last few years I've just looked over the sales and picked a few things I'm willing to go through a bit of trouble for.

Like this year, for example, I'll probably try to pick up NWN2 at Best Buy, since BB is a few blocks from my house.

BTW, isn't one of the strategies for seeing the sales before Friday that you buy what you want at the store, and just go to the store and get a refund for what you already purchased?
mikeg

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 01:24:16 PM »

what is the price of NWN2.  I don't play rpg's but I have a buddy that loooovvvveeeesssss them and this might be something he would buy.  Oh, and he is even cheaper than I, so, it better be a major discount.

what is the price Friday on this one?

I am Xboxalot on Live.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 02:08:42 PM »

Quote from: mikeg on November 23, 2006, 01:24:16 PM

what is the price of NWN2.  I don't play rpg's but I have a buddy that loooovvvveeeesssss them and this might be something he would buy.  Oh, and he is even cheaper than I, so, it better be a major discount.

what is the price Friday on this one?

24.95 I believe.  It also runs on Saturday at BB if you are inclined.

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
drifter

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »

Some of the black friday deals are available now online for BestBuy and CC.  Found out via slickdeals.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?id=pcmcat106700050017&type=category
http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/home.do?WT.mc_n=54879&WT.mc_t=U&cm_ven=AFFILIATE%20MARKETING&cm_cat=BEFREE&cm_pla=HOMEPAGE->HOME%20PAGE&cm_ite=26147%20AFFILIATE%20-%20DEPT:%20HOME&cm_keycode=54879
Punisher

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 07:27:29 PM »

Me and a friend from work will be going to a local BB for an HDTV and I am picking up a laptop for someone at my wife's job. We plan on going tonight around 6PM. I generally do go out on BF and actually enjoy the experience of finding something I want.

The only problem I have is that I can't be at multiple stores at once, so I have to pick what I want the most.
EngineNo9

I said good day, sir!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 07:50:03 PM »

I was thinking about that 22" Westinghouse widescreen monitor as a dedicated screen for my 360 (not bad for $200), but I may just try to save up some money and buy an HDTV next year sometime.  I just need to find something to do with my perfectly good, but cheap, old TV at that time.

Sandwiches do fix everything.
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 11:27:09 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 23, 2006, 07:50:03 PM

I was thinking about that 22" Westinghouse widescreen monitor as a dedicated screen for my 360 (not bad for $200), but I may just try to save up some money and buy an HDTV next year sometime.  I just need to find something to do with my perfectly good, but cheap, old TV at that time.

Wii display?  ZING on the 480p-ness!  hehhehe

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Graham
Managing Editor

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 03:19:44 PM »

Quote from: EngineNo9 on November 23, 2006, 07:50:03 PM

I just picked up this monitor and I'm very happy with it so far.  For $200 you can't beat it.

Partial Owner of the World Champion Green Bay Packers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: