http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 07:04:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Super Heroes  (Read 728 times)
Isgrimnur
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2010, 04:47:56 PM »

New Disney series comes on tomorrow with a two-part premiere.  There are several shorts that set the stage on the site.  Disney actually ran them and I watched them last night.

It seems like they've got a wide variety of characters and villains.  I've always been more of a DC fanboy than Marvel, but the shorts were enjoyable.  Since it's Disney, it's rated Y7.  In the shorts, there was a few implied deaths, but nothing graphic shown.  If someone is shown down, they go out of their way to demonstrate that they are still alive. 

Bonus: Nolan North as Baldur
« Last Edit: October 19, 2010, 04:49:29 PM by Isgrimnur » Logged

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 10:11:37 PM »

been watching this on Netflix instant and it's pretty good (only 3 episodes in but it's been solid so far).  they have season 1 up (20 episodes) and I guess season 2 is starting this month.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2011, 10:13:51 PM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
DarkEL

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 10:53:05 PM »

yeah - just finished watching all of season 1 on netflix with my daughter and was very excited by how much she love it. For some reason she really loves the Wasp. I really enjoyed how each episode continues to build upon others. My only complaint right now is that

Spoiler for Hiden:
The whole Skrull thing building up for the 2nd season seems a bit too fan-boy oriented. i.e. my daughter who's never read any of the comics doesn't understand any of the Skrull reveals that are happening in season 1.

I heard that the new season starts on Oct 20th or 21st - and she can't wait.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 06:56:05 PM »

just heard that this has been canceled/replaced, meaning EMSH is going away and Marvel's Avengers Assemble is replacing it.

Avengers Assemble, like the recently launched Marvel comic series of the same name, to reflect the lineup of the blockbuster live-action film Iron Man, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow and Hawkeye plus the Falcon. Presumably additional details will be provided next month at Comic-Con International.

Because I can,
hepcat

I'M the one that knocks! Now...burp me!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 08:08:33 PM »

That sucks.  I actually like it.  Once you get past the Jack Black impersonator they hired to voice Iron Man and the occasionally bad animation, they really seemed to be willing to dip into the comics archive to bring us some great characters/stories.  Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock...how can you not like that if you're an old comic book fan like myself?

Warning:  You will see my penis. -Brian

Just remember: once a user figures out gluten noting them they're allowed to make fun of you. - Ceekay speaking in tongues.
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2013, 03:41:40 AM »

Avengers Assemble (the continuation series) starts Sunday on Disney XD.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:44:18 AM by CeeKay » Logged

Because I can,
Bullwinkle
Gaming Trend Staff

Watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 12:37:34 PM »

Quote from: hepcat on June 13, 2012, 08:08:33 PM

That sucks.  I actually like it.  Once you get past the Jack Black impersonator they hired to voice Iron Man and the occasionally bad animation, they really seemed to be willing to dip into the comics archive to bring us some great characters/stories.  Beta Ray Bill, Adam Warlock...how can you not like that if you're an old comic book fan like myself?

Started watching this with my kid, and I have to say the Iron Man voice is a big hangup for me.  It just isn't right, dammit.

That's like blaming owls because I suck at making analogies.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: