http://gamingtrend.com
April 24, 2014, 08:42:22 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: The Apprentice - 10/14 - There Be Spoilers Here  (Read 1412 times)
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2004, 04:08:52 AM »

"Burnett? This is Trump.  I'm sick and tired of seeing those whining bitches in the boardroom week after week!  Come up with a task these dumb bimbos can actually win, or your ass is grass!"

Seriously, last week poor Pamela was set up, and now the entire men's team - no doubt to create more interest and make it appear a contest.  As one of the buyers said (quite hilariously) "How many successful straight male fashion designers  are there?" It also didn't help that the designer obviously had nothing but contempt for the guys on the team, and that Raj is turning out to be a big pain in the ass.

It was refreshing to see a PM actually take responsibility for the mistakes that were made, instead of passing them off on other people.  That said, I think John blew it completely when Trump asked why he brought Andy in and he just sat there with a stupid look on his face.

Oh, and watching Maria eat a hot dog has put me off sex for a month.  Plus she's immune next  week. Ay yi yi!

The Artist Formerly Known as TGB
YellowKing
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2004, 12:26:50 PM »

Yeah, I thought the task was really unfair, though the guys could have been competitive if they had hired the right designers and let them make the decisions. So I don't pin all the blame on the task.

Rather boring episode compared to the previous ones, I thought, though it did accomplish two things - it truly showed me how utterly annoying Raj and Elizabeth can be.

Here's hoping the team shakeup next week makes things a bit more exciting.
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2004, 12:37:27 PM »

The one item that is becoming very obvious in getting people "fired" is when they bring the wrong people into the boardroom that weren't directly responsible for the failure of their team.

If you look back at the last 3 weeks, you've seen ALL the project manager's get fired, and ALL of them brought in at least 1 person that was not responsible for the failures causing the team to fail.

When the project manager's make it personal, it get's them fired, also do to their many mistakes that they make on their tasks.

After watching last night's episode I noticed that the guy KELLY knew maybe just a little bit too much about designing women's clothing, which got both me and the wife to thinking "Is this guy GAY?" "Not that there's anything wrong with that"...

One other item - I thought the reward for the women was kinda lame. It was a party, and it had some Cirque De Soleii performers doing a balancing act...big deal....The women got to drink some champagne, which they already do in their apartment suite, but by inviting some celebrities it was somehow better? NAH, it was a lame reward.

Hey Trump, where's my private jet flight to Mara Lago for some prime rib and a round of golf?
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2004, 01:31:29 PM »

I don't think John's selections were personal. I got the feeling he felt  (probably correctly) bringing both Kevin and Wes in would lead to his getting ganged up on, so he needed a sacrificial lamb.  Unfortunately he chose poorly (tm Spielberg).

Trump and Caroline couldn't have made their intentions any clearer if they had held up signs that read "Bring in Raj, dumbass!" Too bad for John that he failed to read the room.

A lame reward? Lamer than Rudy Guiliani or John Macinroe?(Although Raj being pelted with tennis balls was kind of amusing). All the rewards have sucked this season.

If this episode seemed duller, it's only because the boardroom lacked the 3rd-grade-level catfighting, finger-pointing, and name calling we've gotten used to.  The men actually conducted  themselves like professionals, which is probably why there is no extended footage being shown this week.

(edited because I lose 20 IQ points just watching the women of "Appex")

YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2004, 01:49:02 PM »

You can also tell Trump is really annoyed that the little gimmick of being able to bring 3 people into the boardroom as opposed to 2 has been an utter failure. I don't think ANYBODY has brought three people in yet so far - am I wrong?
Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2004, 02:24:09 PM »

Quote from: "YellowKing"
You can also tell Trump is really annoyed that the little gimmick of being able to bring 3 people into the boardroom as opposed to 2 has been an utter failure. I don't think ANYBODY has brought three people in yet so far - am I wrong?

I thought that was funny,  Trump clearly showed frustration with yet another decision to only bring in 2.  

While this episode's challenge definitely seemed stacked in favor of the girls, if the guys hadn't picked the wide-eyed psycho designer they might have actually pulled off an upset.  When they were interviewing the designers, it looked like the one they went with was looped out of her mind when they were trying to talk with her ("She's a little eccentric").  She was the only designer that wasn't very cooperative with their interview questions.  They would've been much better off trying to get the male designer since he would at least be sensitive to a team of straight guys (the one guy who sketched the design is suspect) having no clue what they're doing, and in need of a ton of help.  The crazy designer they had just kept complaining about how stupid they were, and about their stupid questions.  As much as I think Raj is a nutcase, how in the world is he supposed to know how to do a freaking fashion show lineup description?  

I thought the one guy in the board room last night nailed it when he said they lost in the first 2 hours.
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2004, 02:35:33 PM »

If you think abou it, why would anybody ever bring in 3 people? That's just one more person you have to defend against. In almost every case, the person brough in turns against the PM, so why expand that, unless there is a very good reason.
HarveyB
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2004, 03:07:06 PM »

Quote from: "Jag"

If you think abou it, why would anybody ever bring in 3 people? That's just one more person you have to defend against. In almost every case, the person brough in turns against the PM, so why expand that, unless there is a very good reason.

Exactly. Trump talks like he fires people at random (though it does seem like it, sometimes), so the more in the room the better your odds of survival.  If that's the case, let's just have the losing team draw straws.

Roguetad

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2004, 03:08:45 PM »

I think the idea they were going for with the PM having the option of bringing in 3 instead of 2 is that you're increasing the odds that someone else could get fired.  The possibility of getting ganged up on is definitely there.
AgtFox

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2004, 03:13:50 PM »

Wrong, Bradford when he sacrificed his immunity was the 3rd person to join in with the PM that week.  Trump manipulated the PM (I forget who it was) into bringing Bradford in and that was when the 3-person thing was first brought up.

I believe there were 4 people in that boardroom though when Bradford got fired.

Xbox Live: AgtFox
JSHAW
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2004, 03:15:11 PM »

I don't think John's selections were personal. I got the feeling he felt (probably correctly) bringing both Kevin and Wes in would lead to his getting ganged up on, so he needed a sacrificial lamb. Unfortunately he chose poorly (tm Spielberg).

Kevin & Wes were responsible for the pricing. PRICE is where they got killed, and it was PRICE that was the overall leading factor that lost them the task.

Picking the Euro-Trash Psycho designer didn't help them either. I thought her designs looked terrible, like something you would see in a 2nd hand used Salvation Army thrift store.

Even though John thought he would get ganged up on by Wes & Kevin, he was wrong in not taking them both into the boardroom. If he had also taken a 3rd into the boardroom, RAJ would have been the best choice on the 3rd. RAJ was an idiot when it came to continually interrupting the designer when she was attempting to finish their product line and get it out the door. From seeing that debacle as it was occuring I knew the men's team was going to get killed by the women. The women's team finally looked like they had ALL their ducks in a row, and they were more organized than the men. RAJ is showing that he has a tendency to let the "little head" talk for the big head.

Trump has said on more than 1 occasion that he really wants to see Andy do well, and he might just be in the running to be one of the final 3 if he makes ZERO mistakes up until that point.
YellowKing

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2004, 03:17:47 PM »

Yeah I totally agree that it's kind of stupid to bring in 3 people. My reasoning is that by bringing in 3 people, you're not only bringing another potential enemy to the table IN the boardroom, you're also pissing off an extra person OUTSIDE of the boardroom.  If Trump can't see that reasoning, then perhaps he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer like he seems to think he is.
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2004, 03:19:01 PM »

I think John came off like he was begging towards the end there. I don't know from what I saw he didn't do the greatest job leading them and definatly should of been present when the pricing was done. Or at least rechecked it and adjusted as needed.

I can't stand Stacy R. she reminds me of the girls from my highschool. Snobby and annoying. She's the kind of girl you would love to get drunk at a party have your way with then never talk to again.... Wait did I say all that out loud...Umm yeah carry on carry on....
Jag

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2004, 04:38:51 PM »

Quote from: "Octavious230"
She's the kind of girl you would love to get drunk at a party have your way with then never talk to again.... Wait did I say all that out loud...Umm yeah carry on carry on....

And you know what to do after getting her drunk, don't you....?
Octavious230

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2004, 06:05:05 PM »

Of course why do you think she already looks so aggrivated all the time!!! slywink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: