http://gamingtrend.com
September 03, 2014, 08:15:43 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: That woman is beautiful...or is she?  (Read 1380 times)
Knightshade Dragon
Administrator
Gaming Trend Senior Member

View Profile WWW
« on: October 02, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »

http://www.iwanexstudio.com/

Hit the portfolio link and be amazed...

Ron Burke
EiC, Director of Gaming Trend
Gamertag:
Gaming Trend
PS3 Tag: GamingTrend
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 05:20:26 PM »

I find that interesting but I also find that the before pictures are much more appealing and attractive than the after pictures.  Maybe it's just me but I prefer natural over made up any day of the week.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 05:34:14 PM »

Quote from: Starshifter on October 02, 2008, 05:20:26 PM

I find that interesting but I also find that the before pictures are much more appealing and attractive than the after pictures.  Maybe it's just me but I prefer natural over made up any day of the week.
+1

My ex never understood why I didn't care for her to wear makeup.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
ATB

Thanks for everything, Ryan. 1979-2013

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2008, 05:36:56 PM »

Sadly, that trend will change over time as for most of we've seen photography before the advent of such baloney.

As time moves on, the fake real will be the norm.
Zero

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2008, 05:42:05 PM »

Quote from: SensuousLettuce on October 02, 2008, 05:36:56 PM

Sadly, that trend will change over time as for most of we've seen photography before the advent of such baloney.

As time moves on, the fake real will be the norm.

I actually think that future will be computer generated models.  Take a look at Emily here.
Toe

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2008, 06:33:39 PM »

Definately not me. But I take the pics for what they are which is seperate work from the initial photograph, nothing more. Just like a photograph of a sunset can look really plain and boring, but when some photoshop master comes in and works their magic, they can turn it into something that looks amazing. Heck, photographers even do that on the fly with different lenses and stuff.

For those that think things like crooked teeth and zits are more appealing and attractive...well, I guess whatever floats your boat.
Isgrimnur

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2008, 06:47:37 PM »

Allow me to clarify.  I can appreciate a beautiful woman that's done up with well-done makeup.  I am less appreciative when I am likely to wind up consuming said makeup.

Hadron Smasher on 360; IsgrimnurTTU on PS3

I'd rather be watching hockey.
Eel Snave

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 06:48:30 PM »

That's impressive work.  I have to show this to my wife, then whip out the camera and Photoshop.  I'm kind of excited now.
Starshifter

CINEMAGIC on XM!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 07:06:23 PM »

Quote from: Toe on October 02, 2008, 06:33:39 PM

Definately not me. But I take the pics for what they are which is seperate work from the initial photograph, nothing more. Just like a photograph of a sunset can look really plain and boring, but when some photoshop master comes in and works their magic, they can turn it into something that looks amazing. Heck, photographers even do that on the fly with different lenses and stuff.

For those that think things like crooked teeth and zits are more appealing and attractive...well, I guess whatever floats your boat.

I did not say that zits and crooked teeth are more attractive.  The before pictures of each of those women on that site that I looked at were naturally pretty.  They did not need the touching up to turn them into antiseptic cardboard cutouts.  Yes, the work is amazing though.  I agree.

CINEMAGIC - Escape into the Movies!
XM Channel 76
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2008, 08:22:56 PM »

There's airbrushing, and then there's overdone airbrushing. To me the ones that get overdone are uninteresting. A lot of airbrushing removes depth of the image. And so what if people aren't perfect? That's part of the charm. Imperfections are being removed by 1's and 0's. Is this what we want to be remembered by?
Turtle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2008, 08:24:57 PM »

I see those photoshops as turning them into silicon stand ins of humans.  No skin texture, nothing that makes them interesting.  A majority of the major hollywood actresses aren't known for their absolutely perfect (aka generic) looks, we could see that in some general beach girl walking down the street.  No, it's the unique things about them, a wrinkle here, a blemish there, the particular method of smiling and its associated wrinkles.

I'd even say that some of those photoshops hit the uncanny valley, actually taking a normal human and making her seem just wrong.

Sadly, it is warping our sense of what a normal human is.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 08:27:00 PM by Turtle » Logged
Rumpy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2008, 08:38:21 PM »

That picture on the lower right, they managed to make her like a lifeless alien.
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2008, 08:43:31 PM »

Quote from: Rumpy on October 02, 2008, 08:22:56 PM

There's airbrushing, and then there's overdone airbrushing. To me the ones that get overdone are uninteresting. A lot of airbrushing removes depth of the image. And so what if people aren't perfect? That's part of the charm. Imperfections are being removed by 1's and 0's. Is this what we want to be remembered by?

Like the one where Kelly Clarkson's ass shrinks to nothingness?

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
Unagi
Gaming Trend Reader

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:33 PM »

Quote from: Eel Snave on October 02, 2008, 06:48:30 PM

That's impressive work.  I have to show this to my wife, then whip out the camera and Photoshop.  I'm kind of excited now.
Careful there  icon_wink
Thin_J

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2008, 11:05:09 PM »

Quote from: pr0ner on October 02, 2008, 08:43:31 PM

That was the biggest offender in the whole series to me.

Xbox Live: Thin J
PSN: Thin_J
Sarkus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2008, 11:05:40 PM »

The body manipulation is beginning to get out of hand, IMHO.  And the disturbing thing is that we aren't being told about it most of the time.  The technology has gotten to the point where they can impact appearance in movies.  For example, Lindsey Lohan's Herbie movie was shot with her wearing a lot of somewhat revealing clothing.  Disney decided that didn't fit their image, so they digitally covered her up for the release version.  

Knowing that, it does make you wonder how many "beautiful people" are really that beautiful if their images in still photos, movies, and videos can be manipulated so easily.

Roger: And you should know, I have no genitals.
Syndey: That's alright.  I have both.

- American Dad
Tebunker

Ask How, Ask Now, Ask me

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2008, 11:34:23 PM »

You know, I think she'd have even more fans if guys know she has a bedonkadonk rear end...

"I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind amazing things will happen." - Conan O'Brien
pr0ner

Go Flames go!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2008, 12:38:34 AM »

Quote from: Tebunker on October 02, 2008, 11:34:23 PM

You know, I think she'd have even more fans if guys know she has a bedonkadonk rear end...

Oh, I know I'd hit it.

XBox Live Gamertag: Pr0ner
CeeKay
Gaming Trend Staff

La-bibbida-bibba-dum! La-bibbida-bibba-do!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2008, 12:44:14 AM »

Quote from: Isgrimnur on October 02, 2008, 05:34:14 PM

+1

My ex never understood why I didn't care for her to wear makeup.

did she understand you wearing her makeup though?  Tongue

Because I can,
also because I don't care what you want.
XBL: OriginalCeeKay
Wii U: CeeKay
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: